PDA

View Full Version : Spurs or Thunder?

h2r09
05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Im not going to fast forward us to the finals, but its looking very likely. Which of these teams would you rather play?

I feel like we could beat the Spurs but something about them scares me and they are so damn efficient i feel like they can beat us.

The thunder match up with us so much more athletically and it would be a much more entertaining series.

Who would you rather play?

flashwade03
05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Im not going to fast forward us to the finals, but its looking very likely. Which of these teams would you rather play?

I feel like we could beat the Spurs but something about them scares me and they are so damn efficient i feel like they can beat us.

The thunder match up with us so much more athletically and it would be a much more entertaining series.

Who would you rather play?
isnt this a very early topic and way look ahead ?
i mean ,ECF not even started and we still dont know who will be our opponent :)

Jay16
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Boston

Jay16
05-25-2012, 10:56 AM
How pompous of an answer was that ^^^^

I would like to play OKC, the Spurs can play defense while OKC makes a ton of TO's which would allow us to run a lot.

AllBall
05-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Jinx thread is jinxy....

Rain 816
05-26-2012, 03:54 PM
One week ago we were down 2-1 going into a key game....lets not jump the gun....all i wanna talk about is ECF games

Mambo Kings
05-26-2012, 04:59 PM
OMG, it's not even a contest...we want to face the Oklahoma Thunder, if we get the chance. The Spurs are full of championship veterans, have one of the best coaches in NBA history, great depth, a Point Guard who was probably the best in the league this year, an all-around killer team game, flawless execution most of the time, and they're on a freaking 18 game winning streak and look unstoppable. No question, we do NOT want to face those demons. Hell no.

justinnum1
05-26-2012, 05:00 PM
regardless, i just want okc/spurs to go 7 and be a battle.

BostonMafia
05-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Well we should focues first on the ECF and im hoping we face the celtics. I feel we can match them up pretty well and not to mention they are pretty injured and beat up. As for the finals, much much much rather face the thunder. yes they are more younger and athletic but SAS bench is ridiculous! Their coach is one of the best, and they have a a boat load of championship veterans.

3ballbomber
05-27-2012, 05:15 AM
OMG, it's not even a contest...we want to face the Oklahoma Thunder, if we get the chance. The Spurs are full of championship veterans, have one of the best coaches in NBA history, great depth, a Point Guard who was probably the best in the league this year, an all-around killer team game, flawless execution most of the time, and they're on a freaking 18 game winning streak and look unstoppable. No question, we do NOT want to face those demons. Hell no.
good answer. the team you don't want to face is one who has extensive playoffs experience. Pop is a hell of a coach and has the Spurs as a well oiled machine.

I actually have Thunder beating them though. Only thing about Spurs that may not bode well for them is the fact that they've won like 18 straight games or something inclusding the last 10 games of reg season. and they've also been blowing teams out. They've been cruising vs weak squads while Thunder have had tougher games and close, grind it out battles vs much tougher opponents - this bodes very well for the Young Thunder team.

I think who ever wins the West will be crowned champions imo.

MadBomber
06-02-2012, 09:07 AM
good answer. The team you don't want to face is one who has extensive playoffs experience. Pop is a hell of a coach and has the spurs as a well oiled machine.

I actually have thunder beating them though. Only thing about spurs that may not bode well for them is the fact that they've won like 18 straight games or something inclusding the last 10 games of reg season. And they've also been blowing teams out. They've been cruising vs weak squads while thunder have had tougher games and close, grind it out battles vs much tougher opponents - this bodes very well for the young thunder team.

I think who ever wins the west will be crowned champions imo.

+1

baze136
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I think we have a better chance of beating the SPURS, yea they're the veteran team and have the most complete team, but they're much slower than us and have no big men that can contest shots like Iblaka and Perkins, Well put either lebron or Wade on Tony Parker and just try to play quicker than them, Key to beating either of Spurs or OKC is SHANE BATTIER! If he can hit couple of threes every game and keep the other PF on him, it should keep the paint open. when Bosh comes back, he can start center, the floor will be even more spread for Wade and Lebron to drive it in and make plays.