PDA

View Full Version : Pat Tabler

the_lazy_man
05-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Is anyone else pissed off every time Pat Tabler always says, this is a good time to get a hit break out of this slump..IT NEVER EVER HAPPENS! Also saying Ricky Romero is being molded into the Ace of this staff, since when does *******ing ace give up 7 walks in a game? LMFAO, I thought id just rant about this for no particular reason. :mad:

Toxeryll
05-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Make Buck the color guy and hire a new play by play guy

Tmath
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Not a Tabler fan at all.

treeleaf
05-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Thats what happens when you have 2 broadcasters that appeal to the older audience. Lets get someone hip, young and interesting to pair with bucky. If Jay Onrite did the announcing for the jays game, I dont think ide miss a minute of game action. Anyways my grandfather loves pat tabler... point proven.

2009mvp
05-24-2012, 03:15 PM
^^Jerry and Alan don't exactly scream young and hip yet they're tremendous at what they do. Jamie Campbell's young and a little out there and he's terrible in the booth. So yeah, not buying that at all.

lovingTO
05-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I think Pat Tabler is great:shrug:

boilerguy2412
05-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I love Tabby;s colour. I think he does a great job, not a huge fan of Buck but he`s 10000000000000% better then Jamie Campbell. I am fine with who we got now.

wagnall
05-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Sometimes they ramble on and on and boom, missed a hr call. But all in all, I've heard worse, more boring guys watching other teams playing.

mtf
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Tabler isn't nearly as annoying as Buck or Zaun.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-24-2012, 05:09 PM
I agree Buck and Tabler are fine I like em and don't think they'll be changed soon anyways, unless either of em get an amazing offer from somewhere else.
I can see Tabler going sooner but Buck is to tied to the team whether it be during the offseason going fishing and stuff with the players or pre game always talking and hanging out with em. I know its their job but how many announcers get THAT close to players on a team.

I don't like switching commentators who don't have annoying voices then being stuck with someone liek Matt Devlin who are never going to be replaced :(

Halladay
05-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Ashby is just as bad.

Halladay
05-24-2012, 05:10 PM
At least there's no more Campbell play-by-play. We have that to be thankful for.

masTOR_shake1
05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
tabler, much like o'doyle, rules.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-24-2012, 05:32 PM
I LOVEEED that CBC crew. I believe it was Rance Mullinks, and was it Cecil Fielder??

2009mvp
05-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Ashby is just as bad.

Crazy talk.

H-MYK
05-24-2012, 08:01 PM
I rather have Tabler than Campbell.

StealingSigns
05-24-2012, 08:09 PM
I LOVEEED that CBC crew. I believe it was Rance Mullinks, and was it Cecil Fielder??

They rotated colour guys when Jim Hughson was in the seat. They had Razor, Jesse Barfield, and Darrin Fletcher.

slazzy16
05-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I think Tabler does just fine. Cambell was terrible. I can't stand the Dodgers play by play guy. Everytime I here is voice I want to fall asleep.

treeleaf
05-24-2012, 09:33 PM
^^Jerry and Alan don't exactly scream young and hip yet they're tremendous at what they do. Jamie Campbell's young and a little out there and he's terrible in the booth. So yeah, not buying that at all.

I agree that jerry and alan are good commentators but they complement each other more than bucky and tabs. Im not in complete agony when listening to these guys, im just saying that maybe mixing a little experience with someone who is actually interesting to listen to would benefit the younger fanbase that has been shifting towards the team. Sure both bucky and tabs played the game but theyre both boring as hell to listen to (Opinion), and no amount of examples of succeeding older commentators will really change that in my eyes.

FlakeyFool
05-24-2012, 09:35 PM
this guy is an athlete

Jays Claw
05-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Pat Tabler ****ing sucks!

I hate having to always hear how athletic pitchers are and how strong a batter's hands are.

Bob Loblaw
05-24-2012, 11:03 PM
I only watched them for 1 year but i dont remember Rob Faulds and John Cerutti(RIP) being as bad Tabler is

nithanyo
05-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Personally I hated Campbell. He was just awful. I know buck has his blunders and taby has his times but its not such a big deal. Sometimes i find it comical when buck calls the blue jays the orioles or how according to tabler colby rasmus breaks out of a slump everytime he gets a hit.

People need to stop complaining about the colour guys. If anything complain bout the product on the field.

StealingSigns
05-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Personally I hated Campbell. He was just awful. I know buck has his blunders and taby has his times but its not such a big deal. Sometimes i find it comical when buck calls the blue jays the orioles or how according to tabler colby rasmus breaks out of a slump everytime he gets a hit.

People need to stop complaining about the colour guys. If anything complain bout the product on the field.

You do visit the game threads, yes? ;)

Toxeryll
05-25-2012, 01:46 AM
I think Tabler does just fine. Cambell was terrible. I can't stand the Dodgers play by play guy. Everytime I here is voice I want to fall asleep.

hahahaha **** yes.. i dont think they even have a color commentator. ur certainly better off muting ur TV to watch Dodger games

2009mvp
05-25-2012, 09:00 AM

Tabler is fine, but Vin mother ****ing Scully aka the best that ever lived you can't stand? Bizarro world.

hahahaha **** yes.. i dont think they even have a color commentator. ur certainly better off muting ur TV to watch Dodger games

Legit can't tell if you're serious.

AA09-?
05-25-2012, 09:15 AM
this guy is an athlete

lol

Bigred91
05-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Personally I hated Campbell. He was just awful. I know buck has his blunders and taby has his times but its not such a big deal. Sometimes i find it comical when buck calls the blue jays the orioles or how according to tabler colby rasmus breaks out of a slump everytime he gets a hit.People need to stop complaining about the colour guys. If anything complain bout the product on the field.

Lol. Yeah he always says "this is the guy they thought they were getting" whenever Rasmus gets a hit.

StayOnBoard
05-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Vin Scully? Are you ... serious?

My favorite Pat Tabler moment:

Drew Hutchinson's coach: I've worked with Drew since he was 8, great kid, you guys have a true competitor out there
Pat Tabler: So, did you only meet Drew in high school?

Long silence....

bahahahahaha :laugh2:

TOJAYS
05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
They need to get another colour guy in there like they used to because while i don't think tablers terrible, its boring hearing the same old thing every game

darth helmet
05-25-2012, 02:01 PM
But but but if we got rid of Pat, who would make all those comments about pounding guys inside?

MrForever
05-25-2012, 02:54 PM
I like Ashby a lot more. There was another guy they had on in Spring Training, a former pitcher, I can't remember who it was though. He wasn't as much of an apologist as Tabler is and he really told it how it is.

jamjar
05-25-2012, 03:15 PM
i can't stand buck. buddy doesn't have a ****ing clue what's goin' on. at least tabler knows the players names.

what's tim and sid up to? they still doing the score thing? they'd be a good fit

Bearclaw
05-25-2012, 04:05 PM
But but but if we got rid of Pat, who would make all those comments about pounding guys inside?

Or when they say "just get the head out".

nithanyo
05-26-2012, 12:47 PM
According to tabler if you keep your head still you can get more power and when they pound you inside you have to use ur hands and go the other way

Toxeryll
05-26-2012, 05:25 PM
those phrases sound so wrong lol

NS_Jays_Fan
05-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Pat Tabler is 10 times better than Alan Ashby, that guy won't shut up! Give it a rest ffs

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I love our commentary crew. Not super bias like other teams', and our guys give great knowledge and insight

Towelie
05-26-2012, 06:05 PM
I can't stand listening to Buck. He's such a idiot.

StealingSigns
05-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I like Ashby a lot more. There was another guy they had on in Spring Training, a former pitcher, I can't remember who it was though. He wasn't as much of an apologist as Tabler is and he really told it how it is.

That was Pat Hentgen.

wowzman
05-26-2012, 07:15 PM

That is sacreligious. Vin Scully is the sweetest voice in MLB. Whent the Jays games are over, I will switch to the Dodgers home games just to hear him call games. Intelligent, informative, humorous and has a timeless appeal. Vin is a history lesson come alive and calls a game like no other. By himself, I might add. He adds color all by himself. Living legend. IIRC There was actually a social media movement to get him to call the World Series last year.

:clap:

As for our current crew, Tabby is OK, Buck's voice is annoying and he oftens appears to be watching something else and not paying attention to the game. Ashby may be good on radio (I rarely listen to radio broadcast) but he has been terrible on his spots starts on TV. Jaime Campbell was horrific, thank god hes gone.

Bring back Dan Schulman!!!!!!

Jamiecballer
05-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Crazy talk.

no, i agree. ashby is brutal.

darius
05-26-2012, 08:54 PM
I like Tabler. I don't get the hate.

I like almost everyone SN rolls out for Blue Jay telecast.

I really like Ashby, but I'm sure I'm in the minority. And I've always liked Buck. But don't get me wrong, none of those guys is Vin Scully, but I have heard some bad commentators (eg Mullinicks, Carter) and the current group is pretty darn good.

rapsjaysfan88
05-26-2012, 11:34 PM
The team has bigger concerns then the tv crew

jon32
05-27-2012, 12:40 AM
The team has bigger concerns then the tv crew

True but a simple a thing as new young hip fullas callin games could bring more of that young following the jays seem to be getting to watching games. Pat and Buck are just so bland and repetitive. Did you know that Buck and Pat will take " Stuff " over experience 11 times outta 10

nithanyo
05-27-2012, 02:42 AM
True but a simple a thing as new young hip fullas callin games could bring more of that young following the jays seem to be getting to watching games. Pat and Buck are just so bland and repetitive. Did you know that Buck and Pat will take " Stuff " over experience 11 times outta 10

By young hip fellas you're not talking bout Jamie Cambell are you? Did you know that its margaret stewarts 87th birthday and she's from North Battleford Saskatchewan. Oh and did you know that Drew Hutchison was the pride of Lakeland Florida?

AA09-?
05-27-2012, 08:11 AM

My favorite Pat Tabler moment:

Drew Hutchinson's coach: I've worked with Drew since he was 8, great kid, you guys have a true competitor out there
Pat Tabler: So, did you only meet Drew in high school?

Long silence....

bahahahahaha :laugh2:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. I love it when people ask a question and don't listen to the answer.

AA09-?
05-27-2012, 08:11 AM
i can't stand buck. buddy doesn't have a ****ing clue what's goin' on. at least tabler knows the players names.

what's tim and sid up to? they still doing the score thing? they'd be a good fit

Hell no.

AA09-?
05-27-2012, 08:13 AM
I can't stand listening to Buck. He's such a idiot.

You are correct.

AA09-?
05-27-2012, 08:14 AM
I like Tabler. I don't get the hate.

I like almost everyone SN rolls out for Blue Jay telecast.

I really like Ashby, but I'm sure I'm in the minority. And I've always liked Buck. But don't get me wrong, none of those guys is Vin Scully, but I have heard some bad commentators (eg Mullinicks, Carter) and the current group is pretty darn good.

Carter was downright hilarious. He actually made up words.LOL