PDA

View Full Version : Psycho T gets flagrant 1 upgrade to 2, but no suspension

Wade>You
05-24-2012, 03:30 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0524-newswire-20120524,0,6030257.story
Hansbrough's foul was upgraded Wednesday to a flagrant-2, but he's eligible to play in Game 6, while Haslem cannot.

Great job by the NBA to send a message to both teams. I expect the Pacers to come out beating us up as if nothing had happened and more suspensions on Miami's side. Juwan Howard will likely get minutes, this will be interesting.

naps
05-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Haslem shouldn't have been suspended. This is ludicrous. NBA is a business and they are making it a 7 game series. I hope LeBron and Wade **** all over Indiana tomorrow.

heattiltheend94
05-24-2012, 06:19 AM
i have no problem with haslem being suspended, but think about it this way: if tyler hansbrough got a flagrant 2, then he wouldnt be in the game, hence haslem wouldnt of picked up the "flagrant 1" and hence no suspension. didnt think it over very well

flashwade03
05-24-2012, 07:01 AM
this is big for us ..we need to finish this series game 6 so we can have a weekend off ..im expecting juwan and jones or maybe even curry playing becos of our thin line up ..this is a big blow IMO ..

Jay16
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
If Haslems foul had come first instead of Tylers the NBA would have done nothing.

Slug3
05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
It's done with. Can't change it now.

justinnum1
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM
You know our guys will give extra effort tonight for ud. Plus we have Howard and fatty incase a hard foul needs to be deliverd

Wade>You
05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Mods: the guy's name is Flopper T. ;)

Wade>You
05-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Spo, Heat rips NBA's decision to suspend Haslem and not Hansbrough

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7967717/2012-nba-playoffs-erik-spoelstra-rips-indiana-pacers-targeting-miami-heat-stars

Upset that the NBA suspended Udonis Haslem for a flagrant foul, the Miami Heat went on the offensive Thursday and accused the Indiana Pacers of a series of dirty hits on Dwyane Wade and LeBron James and blasted the league for ignoring it.

"The league does not have a problem with hard fouls on our two main guys," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Thursday before taking on the Pacers in Game 6.

"In nine games now there's been over a dozen hard fouls to the face, some of the tomahawk variety, some have drawn blood. They don't have a problem with it, so we don't have a problem with it. We'll focus on what we can control."

The "nine games" reference also includes the Heat's regular-season games against the Pacers, which the Heat clearly reviewed as part of their case. Specifically, the Heat seemed to target Pacers forward Tyler Hansbrough, who had a flagrant foul on Wade in Tuesday's Game 5, which was upgraded from a flagrant 1 to a flagrant 2. He was not suspended.

"I mean, Hansbrough, it's not the first time he's gone after one of our players this year," James said. "We have two guys suspended and basically they have no one suspended."

Wade admitted some of the fouls have upset his team, and trying to retaliate now has cost them Haslem for an important elimination game.

"When you feel someone is taking a shot at one of your guys, your first reaction is you want to get them back, you want to retaliate," Wade said. "As you see, that doesn't always work. It is always the second guy to get in trouble."
Spo never argues to the refs or says anything about the officiating/league after the games, so I'm proud he stepped up and called them out for being so biased. :clap: :bow: :clap:

justinnum1
05-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Yea. Happy spo said something, it's worth whatever fine he might get