PDA

View Full Version : Torts takes his foot off the gas again

mikel816
05-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Once again with a tie or a lead torts takes his foot off the gas and plays prevent only to have it back fire. Why does this team score in bunches when it's down but rarely scores with the lead. Even tho they are in the eastern conference finals I have not been impressed with this team.

Thumper 88
05-24-2012, 07:59 AM
I think last night was kind of a fluke. Devils scored 3 goals early (which also was a fluke) so they took the foot of the gas allowing you guys to come back tie it. Because I noticed not to long after you guys tied the game they turned the pressure back up.

bsi
05-24-2012, 10:01 AM
I think last night was kind of a fluke. Devils scored 3 goals early (which also was a fluke) so they took the foot of the gas allowing you guys to come back tie it. Because I noticed not to long after you guys tied the game they turned the pressure back up.

Unfortunately we have a habit of only playing 1 period a game, not sure why but we do. We managed to get two periods out of this one but Hank never did what he always does and keep us in it until we play, not that it's his fault but that's what usually happens.

bsi
05-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Once again with a tie or a lead torts takes his foot off the gas and plays prevent only to have it back fire. Why does this team score in bunches when it's down but rarely scores with the lead. Even tho they are in the eastern conference finals I have not been impressed with this team.

I don't know that Torts took his foot off, but the rest of the team did minus the Callahan, Dubinsky, Ansimov line. The team is tired, they played their ***** off when they had to but I think they ran out of gas. I wish there was another capable D man to call up and take some pressure off the guys that have been playing 25+ mins a game since the start of the year. Richards and Gaborik were MIA last night.