PDA

View Full Version : Adam Lind - Not on waivers according to BlueJays.com

phillipmike
05-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Contrary to a series of online reports last week, as of Wednesday there were no indications that the Blue Jays placed veteran first baseman Adam Lind on outright waivers.

Reports surfaced on May 18 that Lind had been placed on irrevocable waivers one day after being optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas. However, a baseball source on Wednesday said there is no evidence of that happening.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120523&content_id=32106424&vkey=news_tor&c_id=tor

craigerlee
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
So the why the hell didn't AA debunk this rumour? I'm all for keeping your cards close to your chest, but I'd say this is the type of rumour that you can debunk without really showing your hand or hurting your team.

phillipmike
05-23-2012, 11:55 PM
So the why the hell didn't AA debunk this rumour? I'm all for keeping your cards close to your chest, but I'd say this is the type of rumour that you can debunk without really showing your hand or hurting your team.

I actually think that it is quite funny. These "professional" reporters cant get their "sources" straight.

In fact what i reported could be inaccurate too. But people like to jump the gun to be the first to report it.

mtf
05-24-2012, 01:51 AM
I actually think that it is quite funny. These "professional" reporters cant get their "sources" straight.

In fact what i reported could be inaccurate too. But people like to jump the gun to be the first to report it.

Several legitimate reporters have said that they have reliable sources stating that he is on waivers. Some random guy writing for BlueJays.com isn't the most credible source just because he can paste the official team logo on his article.

nithanyo
05-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Several legitimate reporters have said that they have reliable sources stating that he is on waivers. Some random guy writing for BlueJays.com isn't the most credible source just because he can paste the official team logo on his article.

But the blue jays dont control external media. They only control that website. So basically when they put something up on that website there is someone probably in the front office aproving this.

So im gonna belive bluejays.com and say Lind is not on waivers

mtf
05-24-2012, 02:37 AM
But the blue jays dont control external media. They only control that website. So basically when they put something up on that website there is someone probably in the front office aproving this.

So im gonna belive bluejays.com and say Lind is not on waivers

Believe whatever you choose to, I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise because most people make up their mind and then close it to external influence. However, I'm not sure why you prefer to believe media that the Blue Jays organization (by your own admission) are directly in control of rather than independent credible members of the media who do not have a biased agenda.

StayOnBoard
05-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Believe whatever you choose to, I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise because most people make up their mind and then close it to external influence. However, I'm not sure why you prefer to believe media that the Blue Jays organization (by your own admission) are directly in control of rather than independent credible members of the media who do not have a biased agenda.

I don't follow you.... are you suggestion bluejays.com is giving out false information? For what purpose?

If they say he's not on waivers (and the mlb.com Jays beat writer confirmed that, I don't know what or who you call "credible") then what's the issue? Guys like Heyman screw up ALL the freaking time.... they're borderline credible as it is.

Krylian
05-24-2012, 09:30 AM

Cause if he debunks this one, then he has to debunk them all otherwise people will assume his silence is an admittance of truth.

this said.........he doesn't need to say a woed. the waiver process is suppose to remain anonymous. his silence respects that process.

wamco
05-24-2012, 09:42 AM
According to Danny Knobler, since Lind has cleared outright waivers he can be taken off the 40-man roster whenever they wish. The plot thickens......

DKnobler ‏ @ DKnobler
@ GSJays @ ahume92 he cleared outright waivers. They aren't required to outright him at that point, but are simply allowed to if they wish

2009mvp
05-24-2012, 09:52 AM
^^That makes sense. For what it's worth Wilner also had said he confirmed with sources that Lind was in fact on waivers, and like him or not I'd say he's probably the most dialed in guy who covers the team at this point.

bartron_44
05-24-2012, 10:06 AM
This is getting ridiculous....everyone employed by the Jays is saying he's not on waivers, and people not employed by the Jays is saying he cleared waivers.

I guess the only way we are going to know for sure is if his name disappears off the 40-man roster...

Krylian
05-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Can someone explain to me why anyone cares?

wagnall
05-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Wtf

dballss
05-24-2012, 06:42 PM
AA faked this to see Lind's value, after 29 GMs laughed it off he realized that Lind has zero value atm so didn't waive him, pure genius

scottythegreat1
05-24-2012, 06:46 PM
AA faked this to see Lind's value, after 29 GMs laughed it off he realized that Lind has zero value atm so didn't waive him, pure genius

Thats exactly what it was about. AA wanted to see who would take him. Now that he is hitting the ball in AAA, Im sure that the Jays wont give him up. They need another left handed bat now, so once he has ironed everything out and has his confidence back, he will return. Plus, Yan Gomes wont be here forever, so someone is going to come up once Gomes struggles.

mtf
05-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't follow you.... are you suggestion bluejays.com is giving out false information? For what purpose?

If they say he's not on waivers (and the mlb.com Jays beat writer confirmed that, I don't know what or who you call "credible") then what's the issue? Guys like Heyman screw up ALL the freaking time.... they're borderline credible as it is.

I would say that the reason they would post it is simply to try not to alienate a player that they're stuck with since obviously no one has claimed him. That being said, I really couldn't care less who anyone chooses to believe.

JaysFan87
05-24-2012, 08:45 PM

WEll if he is working in a cone of silence then it goes against what he thinks if he comes out and says that he is not because in the future if he doesnt come out and refute every report that is actually false then people will presume it to be true.

nithanyo
05-24-2012, 11:07 PM
I hope he figures it out and comes back. Im pro-Lind

craigerlee
05-25-2012, 12:27 AM
WEll if he is working in a cone of silence then it goes against what he thinks if he comes out and says that he is not because in the future if he doesnt come out and refute every report that is actually false then people will presume it to be true.

I was working on the assumption that the public find out regardless whether a player clears waivers or not. Apparently that is not the case, so I can see now why he wouldn't divulge this information.