PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce

cbreezy34
05-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Does anyone get more calls then this guy in the NBA? Hes slow and unathletic so whenever he goes up he just yells and automatically gets the call like clockwork. I would argue more then 50 percent of the time he drives hes not actually fouled.... does anyone else see this... i cant be the only one.

Chronz
05-23-2012, 08:33 PM
They are making it up to him for years of screwing him. Tmac got alot of dumb calls in his older days too, its like these guys carry a certain amount of respect that takes the refs awhile to realize shouldnt exist anymore.

29$JerZ
05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
He's a brilliant actor. Applaud his performance.

KnicksTape
05-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Unatheletic? lol I love when people on their couch make statements like this. Many players in the NBA scream when they drive to the basket, not just him. If you watched the replays for the beginning of this game he was clearly fouled when he drove in. Dont let hate blind you.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Pierce is da man dude. Dont be mad he is 36 yrs old and still plays basketball

Green_Monster
05-23-2012, 08:47 PM
:laugh2: Jealousy at it's best.

Corey
05-23-2012, 08:50 PM
He's one of the best in the league at drawing contact

Bostondiehard
05-23-2012, 09:01 PM
He had 3 huge jams a few games ago.. Unathletic? And if he's slow why does he keep making Iggy fall for his stutter step? Plenty of players grunt goin to the basket not just Pierce and that's the truth.

cbreezy34
05-23-2012, 09:44 PM
say what you want... this game is throughougly proving my point

thekmp211
05-23-2012, 09:55 PM

sneaky

Super.
You can't handle The Truth!

Super.

But really, this

cbreezy34
05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
First of all hes not unatheltic at all.. in comparison to other stars though he is. I agree that hes good at drawing contact but any non celtics fan would agree hes an actor who gets many undeserved calls throughout the game.

Slug3
05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
He is always getting people in the air falling for the pump fake and he just takes the contact.

ne3xchamps
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Really?? A thread for this?? Like superdude said.. "you can't handle the truth"

Sadds The Gr8
05-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Philly fan. /thread

beasted86
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
I can see how those clumsy non-athletic drives to the basket and snaps his head back can confuse a lot of refs.... but it's not fair to single him out, there are worse ones.

Dirk Nowitzki has made a career of driving to the basket like this.

Kashmir13579
05-23-2012, 11:34 PM
He's great at selling it! I respect Pierce even if he is the GOAT flopper/wheelchair

surf and turf
05-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Does anyone get more calls then this guy in the NBA? Hes slow and unathletic so whenever he goes up he just yells and automatically gets the call like clockwork. I would argue more then 50 percent of the time he drives hes not actually fouled.... does anyone else see this... i cant be the only one.

He gets no more calls then the other future HOF players in the league. Refs make up for that stuff with other players. Did you see how many times Bass was hacked tonight and they didnt call it

blastmasta26
05-24-2012, 10:41 AM
I imagine it must be very frustrating to play against Pierce. He's relatively unathletic, yet draws contact or gets good looks with some ugly looking moves. He gets a lot of star calls, but I don't disrespect him merely for the fact that he does it without having the superior athleticism of some other stars. I still hate him though.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I can see how those clumsy non-athletic drives to the basket and snaps his head back can confuse a lot of refs.... but it's not fair to single him out, there are worse ones.

Dirk Nowitzki has made a career of driving to the basket like this.

And Wade ;)

Lil Rhody
05-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Dude never gets the calls he should. I'm a Celtic fan and I've watched him my whole life. Dude has been a top 5 SF his whole career and never got the star calls. Last night was one of te few times. Paul pierce is part of the last fundamentally sound generation

boolish
05-24-2012, 12:15 PM
He's a brilliant actor. Applaud his performance.

he's from LA. got acting in the blood.

sep11ie
05-24-2012, 12:21 PM
He may not be easy on the eyes, but by no means can you call him slow and unathletic.

Corey
05-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Dude never gets the calls he should. I'm a Celtic fan and I've watched him my whole life. Dude has been a top 5 SF his whole career and never got the star calls. Last night was one of te few times. Paul pierce is part of the last fundamentally sound generation
He gets plenty of calls.

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Paul Pierce is on the Decline, you can see it in the playoffs. if he wasnt the longest tenured Celtic he would Amnestied.

bagwell368
05-24-2012, 12:26 PM
say what you want... this game is throughougly proving my point

We will. He draws contact. You want to say he acts? Great. How many guys act like they've been shot when someone gets 10 inches from them. It's systemic around the NBA, couldn't be a homer driven comment.... nah :eyebrow:

bagwell368
05-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Paul Pierce is on the Decline, you can see it in the playoffs. if he wasnt the longest tenured Celtic he would Amnestied.

He may be anyhow. Name me how many guys in NBA history were better at his age then 26 - excepting injuries of course.

I know he was the only Celt that showed up to play for 4 quarters last night.

Gibby23
05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
He may be anyhow. Name me how many guys in NBA history were better at his age then 26 - excepting injuries of course.

I know he was the only Celt that showed up to play for 4 quarters last night.

Who is 26?

sixer04fan
05-24-2012, 12:48 PM
The phantom calls he got last game were absurd. Everyone knows this, and to argue otherwise is just flat out denial.

But regardless, that's the way the game is. No use complaining about it because it's going to happen either way.

DaLyingofJungl3
05-24-2012, 12:55 PM
so whenever he goes up he just yells and automatically gets the call like clockwork. I would argue more then 50 percent of the time he drives hes not actually fouled.... does anyone else see this... i cant be the only one.

Kobe Bryant does the same thing.

Once Pau Gasol came to LA he learned this Kobe and now hes doing it

Stinkyoutsider
05-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I used to think Paul Pierce was SO SLOW out there. I wondered how a wing player could be as slow as Aaron Gray (which is the slowest player I've ever saw play in the NBA).

I thought this until the playoffs this year. I think either him or one of his teammates were talking about how slow he plays and I heard that he plays this slow to maintain a high amount of balance and control.

It looks like that during his games. He's never off balance no matter what's going on. Whether he's getting fouled or going to the basket, he's always on balance.

2-ONE-5
05-24-2012, 01:03 PM
not even to sound like a homer but Pierce does do a lot of actin and yellin to try to draw fouls. there was no way he shoulda went to the line 13 times last night. i was about 20 rows off the court last night and it was so obvious most of the calls werent fouls, some not even close.

thekmp211
05-24-2012, 01:10 PM
he's always reminded me of a sf version of chauncey billups

DodgerBlue22
05-24-2012, 01:17 PM
I've watched pretty much every game Pierce has played in the last 8 seasons and I always say he is the biggest star in the league on a night in and night out basis that doesn't get the bogus calls. Watch the Heat play 1Q if you want to see stars get bogus calls. The Celtics have never been a team to get any help from officials and I would think Rondo and KG have something to do with that. I will say though the refs have taken over this post season. There's been an enormous amount of bad calls all around the league. Don't know what the answer is, but I have heard Stern 2 or 3 times on the radio this post season have to defend them and it seems to me he sees them as perfect.

Da Knicks
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I dont like Pierce because he is a celtic but i respect the man because he is a great basketball player. He has all the qualities i like in a small forward, can post up, shoot from the outside, drive, deadly mid range jumper, create the foul. He got hammered alot in his younger days and didnt get any calls. I guess the refs finally started giving him the respect after he won a chip. This coming from a knick fan who dislikes Pierce to the max lol...

beardown4243
05-24-2012, 01:56 PM
He fouls with his off hand when driving more than anyone in the NBA, but he never gets called for it.

bagwell368
05-24-2012, 02:20 PM
He fouls with his off hand when driving more than anyone in the NBA, but he never gets called for it.

So then, he's smart is what you are saying. Any pro would do that all day long if what you are saying is true. Jealous?

thekmp211
05-24-2012, 11:51 PM
he's the type of guy i would hate if he wasn't on the team i rooted for, although as a fan of the sport i have come to appreciate his craftiness.

he and billups were the masters of the pump fake/create contact foul on jump shots. they basically changed that rule because of those guys getting to the line so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQJBLK475U

that's just nasty though

probably fair but he also flails a lot after contact, sells a foul but he still gets fouled.

vandoc
05-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Pierce is da man dude. Dont be mad he is 36 yrs old and still plays basketball

He turns 35 in October.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-25-2012, 06:45 AM

Why do you have a Thunder sig, weren't you a celtic fan?

JordansBulls
05-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Why do you have a Thunder sig, weren't you a celtic fan?

Probably likes Durant.:)