PDA

View Full Version : Shaq as Orlando GM?

utl768
05-23-2012, 07:15 PM
chris broussard said on espn there meeting next week to discuss this possibility

thatd be the funniest thing in sports history

Robbw241
05-23-2012, 07:15 PM
If it wasn't clear that Dwight was gone, this would be the icing.

RLundi
05-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Orlando Magic = laughingstock of the NBA.

justjames
05-23-2012, 07:18 PM
How clueless is this team?

RLundi
05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Shaq can't even do his job right on Inside the NBA (I can't understand the man when he speaks) how the hell is he gonna run a franchise??

:confused:

John Walls Era
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Please make this happen. For better or worse, I would enjoy following the magic.

D12 fan
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Shaq can't even do his job right on Inside the NBA (I can't understand the man when he speaks) how the hell is he gonna run a franchise??

:confused:

LMAO I know right.

akesh99
Why would Dwight come back if the Magic are bringing in an unproven GM? They need someone with a good track record who can get some proven players to help Dwight.

Cal827
Feel Bad for Magic fans....cause every other fan is hoping for this so they can just laugh :D

jrm2054
05-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Please make this happen. For better or worse, I would enjoy following the magic.
This it would be fun

topdog
05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Shaq is turrible. Just plain turrible.

I thought they were going to groom Adonal Foyle for the role because they are afraid of losing him.

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
lol, this should be interesting

RLundi
05-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Why would Dwight come back if the Magic are bringing in an unproven GM? They need someone with a good track record who can get some proven players to help Dwight.

In Shaq's defense, I've read that he has a very good relationship with NBA players and a few GMs so getting free agents/potentially swinging trades wouldn't be an issue as much as HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL HE IS DOING.

netsgiantsyanks
05-23-2012, 07:36 PM
no.

meloman1592
05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't know...are the magic trying to overtake the bobcats as the worst run team in all of sports? Cmon...you guys have Dwight Howard and you're surrounding him with this ****?

llemon
05-23-2012, 07:41 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.

We'd be talking serious entertainment.

BigCityofDreams
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
No way this happens

Master Mind
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Shaq's a douche

Romo2Bryant
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Shaq as GM? Maybe he would hire Charles Barkley as the Head Coach. Kenny Smith as the assistant coach. And Ernie can be the play by play announcer. Everyone wins! well accept for Magic fans... :)

jmoney85
05-23-2012, 07:48 PM
I think barkley could make a solid GM...shaq... NOOOOO

dalton749
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
thats Dr. Shaq to you

lakersfan01
05-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Hands off Orlando.

Fire Kupcake and hire Shaq :p

lakersfan01
05-23-2012, 08:03 PM
I think barkley could make a solid GM...shaq... NOOOOO

Barkley would be horrible man lol

Punk
05-23-2012, 08:05 PM
If Shaq gets hired, Dwight is gone for sure :laugh2:

John Walls Era
05-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Shaq as GM? Maybe he would hire Charles Barkley as the Head Coach. Kenny Smith as the assistant coach. And Ernie can be the play by play announcer. Everyone wins! well accept for Magic fans... :)

:laugh:

I think Shaq would be way better than Barkley (doesn't say much).

LakersA's49ers
05-23-2012, 08:14 PM
hahaahahhaahahaha what track record does he have? its like making mark jackson a head coach. oh wait.......

SportsAndrew25
05-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Shaq as GM? Maybe he would hire Charles Barkley as the Head Coach. Kenny Smith as the assistant coach. And Ernie can be the play by play announcer. Everyone wins! well accept for Magic fans... :)Will Kenny Smith walk up to a big videoboard in the locker room at halftime to explain what the team got right and what the team got wrong?

popo85
05-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Just bring in JaVale now as a FA an enjoy the show.

Cal827
05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Just bring in JaVale now as a FA an enjoy the show.

:laugh: Wait, Shaq is training him this offseason too...

Looks like Javale Mcgee will get that max deal he was looking for :D

Duddy
05-23-2012, 08:48 PM
That would make me like the Magic even more. They might possibly jump to 4th on the Southeast :clap: Please make it happen

ManRam
05-23-2012, 08:50 PM
This is a joke, right?

I know it's Shaq's dream...but you can't seriously even entertain the idea.

Ugh. Shoot me.

I know they won't hire him...but still, what a freaking joke

jasondrobinson
05-23-2012, 08:52 PM
please take it shaq! he needs to leave tnt in a bad way

Teeboy1487
05-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Dr. O'Neal will save the Magic :nod:.

Lim
05-23-2012, 08:54 PM
he'd be awful. have ppl seen him on inside the NBA? his "analysis" is always something like this: "For the heat to win they have to play good"

knicks4life33
05-23-2012, 09:00 PM
I wonder what his nickname would be if he was the gm I'm going with the BIG GENERAL lol

Romo2Bryant
05-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Will Kenny Smith walk up to a big videoboard in the locker room at halftime to explain what the team got right and what the team got wrong?

Of course!

bholly
05-23-2012, 09:20 PM
This is a joke, right?

I know it's Shaq's dream...but you can't seriously even entertain the idea.

Ugh. Shoot me.

I know they won't hire him...but still, what a freaking joke

Haha, this. I mean, the Isiah era in New York was hilarious for everyone else, but I think this would be going too far - I wouldn't even be able to laugh, I'd just feel too bad for the Magic fans. Shaq would just be so so awful.

iseelahk
05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Might as well let D12 pick him mom for GM -- she played college ball.

His dad can be Coach.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Shaq's a douche
It was his arrival that the Heat became a championship caliber team. It was him who started the superstar movement to Miami (ala James and Bosh). It it weren't for him, D-wade would have never learned how to be a winner, a champion, and instead, the Heat to this day would be mired in mediocrity, and Heat fans would just hold on to the memories of Zo, Hardaway, Veshon Leonard, Glen Rice, Harold Minor and Jamal Mashburn. The Heat as an organization have a lot to thank Shaq for changing the culture of that franchise, and Riles knows this.

bholly
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
according to a site i can't post here, shaq has been a 'friend' and 'confidante' to Dwight this season. so that must be it.

MattS
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
shaq would be a great GM

iseelahk
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
It was his arrival that the Heat became a championship caliber team. It was him who started the superstar movement to Miami (ala James and Bosh). It it weren't for him, D-wade would have never learned how to be a winner, a champion, and instead, the Heat to this day would be mired in mediocrity, and Heat fans would just hold on to the memories of Zo, Hardaway, Veshon Leonard, Glen Rice, Harold Minor and Jamal Mashburn. The Heat as an organization have a lot to thank Shaq for changing the culture of that franchise, and Riles knows this.

Give Shaq free season tickets but dear god, GM?

Does he look like a guy who is obsessed about his job?

B/c that is what you want from a GM.

eibbor
05-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Couldn't be worse than Otis...

eibbor
05-23-2012, 10:10 PM
welcome to: http://www.netetrader.com

The website wholesale for many kinds of
fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://www.mineokmalls.com

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://www.netetrader.com

I agree

eibbor
05-23-2012, 10:11 PM
shaq would be a great GM

Like I said, can't be worse

Fresno
05-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Shaq has a Masters in Business Administration.

Shaq just acquired a Doctorate in Organizational Leadership.

He definetly has the qualifications.

Just because they guy sucks on TV analyzing the game doesn't mean he wouldn't know how to put a competitive team together, manage personalities, and surround himself with a good scouting department. People forget(or are too young) to remember that Doc Rivers was terrible on TV when he was with TNT and now he's one of the best coaches in the NBA.

popo85
05-23-2012, 10:26 PM
What if he tries to pull an MJ/Wizards an play again lol

Fresno
05-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Give Shaq free season tickets but dear god, GM?

Does he look like a guy who is obsessed about his job?

B/c that is what you want from a GM.
Are you kidding me?

I find it funny how everyone equates his goofy personality with him being uneducated and not having a clue about the game of basketball. Bird, Jordan, Isiah, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Joe Dumars, etc were former NBA All Stars who eventually became GM's.

Obviously it took an Owner who trusted that their knowledge of the game of basketball would allow for them to be successful with putting together a team. Some succeed & some fail. The point is that you need to give them a chance to show what they can do.

Fresno
05-23-2012, 10:30 PM
What if he tries to pull an MJ/Wizards an play again lol

Hypothetically, Shaq is in better shape now at 40 than he was in the last 8 years of his NBA career. :laugh:

Not saying it would happen, but it would be funny if he traded Dwight Howard for Brook Lopez & other players then decided he'll unretire and play Center. So that Lopez can play PF and not have to protect the paint on defense.

njnets
05-23-2012, 11:01 PM
again, not listening to broussard. but if the magic did this, it would be one of the worst moves in nba history. yes, i believe it would be that bad.

NE Sportsfan
05-23-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't think he can count to 10 but he could be a GM?

TylerSL
05-23-2012, 11:07 PM
god, id laugh so ****ing hard if they hire Shaq as GM, D'Antoni as coach, and Howard still left. Man that would be great. So they would have replaced SVG for D'Antoni, Otis Smith for Shaq, and still lost Dwight. That would set the franchise so far back they would never recover. And they would have 100% completely done it to themselves.

Punk
05-23-2012, 11:10 PM
I know Dwight is ecstatic. He could actually have a legit excuse to say "That's why I left"

Evolution23
05-24-2012, 12:16 AM
what ever it takes to get this guy off Inside the NBA

Losoway
05-24-2012, 03:02 AM
SHAQ ACTUALLY IS VERY SMART BUSINESS WISE ...look at all his investments with that being said

shaq would be way better then otis

jam
05-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Shaq has a Masters in Business Administration.

Shaq just acquired a Doctorate in Organizational Leadership.

He definetly has the qualifications.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

VikingsMagic
05-24-2012, 07:29 AM
If Shaq is hired, the first thing he would do is trade Dwight to the Lakers for Bynum since he loves Bynum and thinks Bynum is better than Dwight :facepalm:

I do not see Shaq getting hired though, Devos said he wants to hire a general manager with "championship experience"

If Shaq does get hired, I would laugh my *** off because I think it is going to be a disaster and he could possibly surpass Otis being the worst general manager in Magic history

jp611
05-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Shaq is actually really smart... Some of the stupid things he says on inside the nba is just to stir the pot... He actually could be a good GM

jp611
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
I don't think he can count to 10 but he could be a GM?

Yeah, shaq is really smart, dude has a ton of education... He's just a goofy guy

Weezy
05-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Shaq might look dumb but he isn't......

I don't think he will get this position anyway

MagicHero3
05-24-2012, 08:40 AM
i thought they said they wanted "championship management material"

why pick a guy who has never had a front office position ANYWHERE
id 10x rather have adonal foyle than shaq.
this is the Magic trying to get some media attention.

rich devos and alex martin need to GO. losers.

iseelahk
05-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Can you imagine Shaq getting into an office by 7:30 am and having to work till 8:00pm?

Really work!!! LOL.

This was a guy who spent most of his career over weight b/c he could not be bothered to do cardio for more than 20 minutes a day.

Now you want him to grind 80 hours weeks for $1,000,000 per??

pd1dish
05-24-2012, 11:21 AM
At least we wouldn't have to watch him on TNT anymore...

KingPosey
05-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Ya, His constant Ego battle with Dwight should ensure a nice easy resigning....

boolish
05-24-2012, 11:59 AM
will they wake him up first?

boolish
05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
oh so he knows the ins and outs of the new CBA and his familiar with contract law and negotiation?

ShakeN'Bake
05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
very entertaining

boolish
05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
SHAQ ACTUALLY IS VERY SMART BUSINESS WISE ...look at all his investments with that being said

shaq would be way better then otis

ok. what investments? you sure you aren't mixing him up with magic? I need to look so tell me what investments.

boolish
05-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Shaq might look dumb but he isn't......

I don't think he will get this position anyway

no he's not dumb. but he's never had a managerial job right? and now ORL wants to give him the Top basketball job? :facepalm:

Stinkyoutsider
05-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Bad move for the Magic if they decide to give the job to Shaq, but having him come in for an interview won't hurt at all. Or to talk...

I mean, your best player (and the top center in the league) hates his guts. If the Magic think they have a 1% chance of Howard signing the extension, they won't hire Shaq. Those 2 can't stand each other.

Maybe I'm not giving Shaq the benefit of the doubt, because he was a great player. I think GM is the wrong position for him. I think he should work in player development. He already runs his own camp for bigs and he was a very skilled player so he should have an idea of training players to develop those same game skills...

RLundi
05-24-2012, 01:21 PM
no he's not dumb. but he's never had a managerial job right? and now ORL wants to give him the Top basketball job? :facepalm:

I've heard rumblings out of Orlando that yes, they would make Shaq GM but they'd try and hire someone like Donnie Walsh to be President of Basketball Operations as Shaq's and Adonal Foyle's boss. That way, Walsh crunches the numbers, deals with salaries, the business sides of things etc, while Shaq does the recruiting and wooing of free agents and persuasions in trades.

If that's the model the Magic are trying to instill, I think it's nothing short of brilliant, if not probably a little expensive...

BigCityofDreams
05-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Shaq Denies Interest in Magic GM Job

Shaquille O’Neal has released a statement denying that he has any interest in the Orlando Magic’s general manager job.

“When I first heard about the vacancy for the Orlando Magic general manager position, I was clearly intrigued.” Shaquille O’Neal said in a statement. “I was drafted by the Magic, I have a great love for the franchise, and I have made the city of Orlando my home. Additionally, I have great admiration and respect for the DeVos family. However, this is not a job I have an interest in pursuing. I feel very fortunate to be with TNT and to have the best job in sports. I look forward to many more years with Charles, Kenny and E.J. I wish the best for the Magic and I am confident that they will select a great GM and coach.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/shaq-denies-interest-in-magic-gm-job

VikingsMagic
05-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Shaq Denies Interest in Magic GM Job

Shaquille O’Neal has released a statement denying that he has any interest in the Orlando Magic’s general manager job.

“When I first heard about the vacancy for the Orlando Magic general manager position, I was clearly intrigued.” Shaquille O’Neal said in a statement. “I was drafted by the Magic, I have a great love for the franchise, and I have made the city of Orlando my home. Additionally, I have great admiration and respect for the DeVos family. However, this is not a job I have an interest in pursuing. I feel very fortunate to be with TNT and to have the best job in sports. I look forward to many more years with Charles, Kenny and E.J. I wish the best for the Magic and I am confident that they will select a great GM and coach.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/shaq-denies-interest-in-magic-gm-job

I am relieved now! :D

iseelahk
05-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Well, there goes that Reality TV Series for Bravo. Right out the window.

Ebbs
05-24-2012, 04:50 PM
:laugh:

RLundi
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
What an embarrassment. Someone with no experience, no credibility and no ability to form coherent sentences has turned down the top vacancy in the Magic's franchise.

Sources say Orlando has now reached out to Pee Wee Herman, but he has put them on hold while fielding better offers.

UPRock
05-24-2012, 05:10 PM
What an embarrassment. Someone with no experience, no credibility and no ability to form coherent sentences has turned down the top vacancy in the Magic's franchise.

Sources say Orlando has now reached out to Pee Wee Herman, but he has put them on hold while fielding better offers.

xD