PDA

View Full Version : Report: Williams sees no longevity in signing with the Mavs, looking at NY and LA

AMushroomStamp
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/05/23/howard.bynum/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

For the Lakers, Williams could be a possibility if Howard is not. A source close to the three-time All-Star said he would be interested in joining the Lakers, though it would have to be via a sign-and-trade deal. (Lakers point guard Ramon Sessions, who was acquired from Cleveland at the trade deadline, has a $4.5 million player option for next season.) The source said Williams' preference, however, is for the Nets to improve the roster sufficiently enough that he can feel good about staying put rather than fear a repeat of this season, when they finished 22-44. As for Dallas, which sacrificed its best chance to defend the title by preserving salary-cap space last summer in anticipation of this free-agent class, the source said of the Mavericks: "There's no longevity there." If owner Mark Cuban can clear enough space to sign a worthy sidekick for Williams, though, then maybe Williams would join his hometown team after all.
Gasol might very well be the Lakers' big man on the move as opposed to Bynum, too. The 31-year-old still has very good value around the league, though the fact that he has two years and $38.3 million left on his contract could scare away the many teams that will be trying to shed salary in preparation for the more punitive luxury tax that begins after next season.
There's a bank in every city, but good luck banking on what's next for the Lakers or Magic. The smart money, as I see it, is for the Howard-Bynum swap to happen.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/05/23/howard.bynum/index.html#ixzz1vjUJ8Ds9

RLundi
05-23-2012, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Bynum, but I agree with the article. Mark Cuban overplayed his hand and now Dallas is clearly on the decline with an aging team and no desirable assets.

Lakers + Giants
05-23-2012, 06:03 PM
I'll believe it when i say it. Til then, it's still a fantasy.

netsgiantsyanks
05-23-2012, 06:05 PM
believe it when i see it.

Hustla23
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Cuban bit off more than he can chew.

Who lets a championship team break up to chase other players?

Raph12
05-23-2012, 06:11 PM
DWill to Dallas in 2012, Bynum/Dwight to Dallas in 2013... And boom goes the dynamite.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Stern cant veto this ****

lakersfan01
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM

Mark Cuban lol

lakersfan01
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
DWill to Dallas in 2012, Bynum/Dwight to Dallas in 2013... And boom goes the dynamite.

DWill to LA in 2012. DWill, Ballhog Kobe, and Bynum: Big 3 versus old Dirk and...

RLundi
05-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Cleveland, Family Guy.

I think Cuban would have to get creative to get both D-Will and Dwight at max contracts, especially with sign-and-trades.

Avenged
05-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Lol if this is true. Dallas blew up their team to get this guy. :laugh2:

Raph12
05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
DWill to LA in 2012. DWill, Ballhog Kobe, and Bynum: Big 3 versus old Dirk and...

DWill to LA in 2012? For who? Pau? :laugh2:

Only way the Lakers land DWill is by trading Bynum, so DWill and his grandpa Kobe and other grandpa Pau vs WB+KD+Harden+Ibaka vs Wade+LBJ+Bosh... I don't like your chances.

Let's face it, with Kobe and Pau in LA, the only shot at winning anything would come from trading Bynum for Dwight, and that would only happen if Bynum signs an extension prior to the trade... The current big 3 in LA, won't get much further anymore.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Pau, Sessions, 2013 1st rounder for DWill.

Raph12
05-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Pau, Sessions, 2013 1st rounder for DWill.

They can do a lot better than that on the open market.

YoungOne
05-23-2012, 06:35 PM
raph please tell us who this hot girl is from your sig!! :drool:

lakerboy
05-23-2012, 06:36 PM
CC Pau
PF Odom
SF Metta
SG Kobe
PG Deron

LETS DO IT!!

Or if D-will goes to NY, LA should snatch Lin for the MLE.

Lake_Show2416
05-23-2012, 06:36 PM

Only way the Lakers land DWill is by trading Bynum, so DWill and his grandpa Kobe and other grandpa Pau vs WB+KD+Harden+Ibaka vs Wade+LBJ+Bosh... I don't like your chances.

Let's face it, with Kobe and Pau in LA, the only shot at winning anything would come from trading Bynum for Dwight, and that would only happen if Bynum signs an extension prior to the trade... The current big 3 in LA, won't get much further anymore.

Bynum isnt being traded for any1 not named Dwight, a Lakers trade for D.Will would most likely be a 3 team deal, sign & trade, better then letting D.Will walk else where

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Or Bynum and Sessions for Dwill, Marshon and Lopez. Then trade Lopez for a good rebounding center and bench depth.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Or Bynum and Sessions for Dwill, Marshon and Lopez. Then trade Lopez for a good rebounding center and bench depth.

Hahahahaa are you kidding me?

netsgiantsyanks
05-23-2012, 06:42 PM

no. the nets are not trading him, they'll take the risk.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-23-2012, 06:42 PM

x1000000000

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-23-2012, 06:45 PM

Who cares, if Dwill wants to go to LA, he'll force a trade

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Hahahahaa are you kidding me?

we are the lakers,we only trade if we rape the deal;)

Bruno
05-23-2012, 06:49 PM

not if D-will refuses to sign an extension with other suitors with comparable packages.

JerseysFinest
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Williams prefers Brooklyn, sees no longevity in signing with the Mavericks, and LA is an option if the Nets can't get it done. But the key here is Nets are his first choice as long as they add players to the team before the 12th of July.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-23-2012, 06:54 PM
we are the lakers,we only trade if we rape the deal;)

Apparently so....

Raph12
05-23-2012, 06:55 PM
not if D-will refuses to sign an extension with other suitors with comparable packages.

Why would they accomodate him? The Nets don't want grandpa Pau, I would think that they'd hold him or deal him as a rental rather than trade for Pau's bloated contract.

Who cares, if Dwill wants to go to LA, he'll force a trade

He can't "force a trade" when they aren't afraid of losing him, Prok doesn't seem like the kind of guy that makes deals with terrorists. ;)

Bianca Beauchamp, happy searching.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Williams prefers Brooklyn, sees no longevity in signing with the Mavericks, and LA is an option if the Nets can't get it done. But the key here is Nets are his first choice as long as they add players to the team before the 12th of July.

Adam Morrison?

Robbw241
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM

I almost pissed myself in laughter.

AMushroomStamp
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
CC Pau
PF Odom
SF Metta
SG Kobe
PG Deron

LETS DO IT!!

Or if D-will goes to NY, LA should snatch Lin for the MLE.

when i said NY i meant the Nets, not the sorry knicks,lol

PleaseBeNice
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
No more of this big market hopping ****

Punk
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
C'mon man, he's staying in NY. I think he's only considering other options in case Howard can't end up a Net.

It's quite obvious the goal still is to build a superteam in NY. Dallas was never really a true target for him compared to how Melo and LeBron talked up other destinations.

Deron/Dwight will be in NY before August. Then, we turn our attention to the James Harden/Ibaka soap opera.

That's how it goes in the NBA nowadays.

fresh prince
05-23-2012, 08:04 PM

I don't think there is any chance you see Pau and Bynum back.. In fact Both are likely gone but at least one for sure.. Barring a "Basketball Reasons" Veto of course.

arkanian215
05-23-2012, 08:09 PM
0a

Nabeshin
05-23-2012, 08:24 PM
The "OP" really needs to say Brooklyn rather than NY. As it is hard to distinguish which team he is talking about, although I got the idea as there is no way in hell the Knicks could get Williams.

JordansBulls
05-23-2012, 09:26 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/05/23/howard.bynum/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

For the Lakers, Williams could be a possibility if Howard is not. A source close to the three-time All-Star said he would be interested in joining the Lakers, though it would have to be via a sign-and-trade deal. (Lakers point guard Ramon Sessions, who was acquired from Cleveland at the trade deadline, has a $4.5 million player option for next season.) The source said Williams' preference, however, is for the Nets to improve the roster sufficiently enough that he can feel good about staying put rather than fear a repeat of this season, when they finished 22-44. As for Dallas, which sacrificed its best chance to defend the title by preserving salary-cap space last summer in anticipation of this free-agent class, the source said of the Mavericks: "There's no longevity there." If owner Mark Cuban can clear enough space to sign a worthy sidekick for Williams, though, then maybe Williams would join his hometown team after all.

Bruno
05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
if Dallas doesn't land up getting somebody else, they would have given up Chandler for nothing. Which would be a shame, because Dallas would have taken out OKC in the first round with Chandler, considering how close most of those games were.

theLgndKllr35
05-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Iguodala for Bynum. Sign Deron. Boom.

Deron
Kobe
Iguodala
Gasol
It's not gonna matter much.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Atleast we got some drama for the offseason. Hopefully, he does a 1 hour special about it

LA_Raiders
05-23-2012, 09:37 PM

Deron
Kobe
Iguodala
Gasol

that is $$$

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
nice job cuban lol

ThunderousDemon
05-23-2012, 09:40 PM
:dance:

Lakeshow24KB
05-23-2012, 09:45 PM

Deron
Kobe
Iguodala
Gasol

I wouldn't give up Bynum for iggy but I badly want Iggy....he's cold.

koreancabbage
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Bynum > Iggy.

theheatles
05-23-2012, 09:48 PM
who wouldn't

KB24PG16
05-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Just a rumor, ill believe when hes officially introduced as a laker cant trust anything I.e chris paul veto

shep33
05-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Bynum for Iggy? Why on earth would the Lakers do that? Terrible trade

ThunderousDemon
05-23-2012, 09:55 PM

Deron
Kobe
Iguodala
Gasol

:badidea:

TylerSL
05-23-2012, 09:56 PM
He probably should, cuz the Lakers have a bigger window than the Mavs. However, at the end of the day, he will stay in Brooklyn and play Howard with the Nets.

still1ballin
05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
do the LT

ThunderousDemon
05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
He probably should, cuz the Lakers have a bigger window than the Mavs. However, at the end of the day, he will stay in Brooklyn and play Howard with the Nets.

I'll believe it when I see it

TylerSL
05-23-2012, 10:09 PM

what the Nets are gonna accept a trade Gasol for Williams? Cuz thats the only way he goes there. The Lakers wont give up Bynum unless they get Howard. Howard doesnt want to go to the Lakers, he wants to play with Deron. At the end of the day, the Magic will take 2 firsts and Lopez for Dwight. Its really the only option on the table...

michael811
05-23-2012, 10:16 PM
what the Nets are gonna accept a trade Gasol for Williams? Cuz thats the only way he goes there. The Lakers wont give up Bynum unless they get Howard. Howard doesnt want to go to the Lakers, he wants to play with Deron. At the end of the day, the Magic will take 2 firsts and Lopez for Dwight. Its really the only option on the table...

Or since Dwight is under contract with the magic til the end of next year the Lakers offer Bynum and picks to Orlando for Dwight. Then the Lakers find a team with enough salary cap space to take on gasol's salary and trade him for a couple of picks and Williams tells the Nets he is leaving and you can either do a sign and trade with the lakers and get an exception and picks or he will go to dallas and the nets get nothing

TylerSL
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Or since Dwight is under contract with the magic til the end of next year the Lakers offer Bynum and picks to Orlando for Dwight. Then the Lakers find a team with enough salary cap space to take on gasol's salary and trade him for a couple of picks and Williams tells the Nets he is leaving and you can either do a sign and trade with the lakers and get an exception and picks or he will go to dallas and the nets get nothing

Or Dwight wont go to the Lakers cuz he doesnt want to play there. D-Will likes the Nets management. He will wait for them to get Dwight because Dwight WANTS to go there. It would be different if Dwight wanted to go to LA instead, but he does not. Deron would like to win with the Nets and they want Howard just as much as Howard wants them. I truly believe Deron would rather go to the Lakers than the Mavs cuz the Mavs need more than just Williams to save them. If Howard goes somewhere other than Brooklyn, than Williams will request a trade. Then a Gasol for Williams would be possible. Unless Gasol is already traded cuz this would be another year before any of this happened cuz Williams is waiting for Dwight.

Williams will choose not to become a FA this year because he is waiting for Howard. The Magic want to hold onto Dwight cuz they dont want to him leave. They probably wont even deal him in the offseason. Dwight will get traded at the deadline next year when the Magic finally relize they cant keep him. By this time I am certain the Lakers will have already moved Gasol. Your stating your arguement on Howard wanting to go to LA which isnt the case.

ThunderousDemon
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM

:facepalm:

waveycrockett
05-23-2012, 10:54 PM
If we could trade DWill for Bynum I would consider it. Then move Lopez and draft a PG or something like that. We would never trad Dwill for Gasol

njnets
05-23-2012, 10:57 PM
GO NETS!!!!

at this point, everything is speculation. unless i hear something out of dwill's mouth at a press conference or something, im not falling for anything. multiple outlets are saying he is intersted in staying though.

multiple outlets also have said other things and have been wrong in the past so who the hell knows lol.

Punk
05-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I think Dwight rejected a trade to the Lakers If I'm not mistaken, so that pretty much says what "they" want.

bholly
05-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm hoping he goes to Dallas just so I can laugh at all the 'there must have been tampering, of course there was, you have to be blind not to see it! we knew all along that he was going to Dallas, and they broke up a championship team for him - they must have known he was coming! they must have talked! blatant tampering! contract should be voided!' posts that will come out, even though right now everyone totally believes he's going elsewhere.

YanksGmenBKNets
05-23-2012, 11:07 PM
yea the only way the lakers get dwill is through a sign and trade including bynum. It was reported today that the nets have no interest in Gasol, they'd rather have the cap space.

Hahahaha, really give me some of what your smoking because thats a horrible trade. Sessions is no more than a back up point guard, thats a good one man hahah. the trade would be more like this DWill and nothing else for Bynum, a first or sessions or both. Otherwise the nets won't do it, if Dwill is gonna **** them over, they're gonna **** him over right back.

jimm120
05-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Why would they accomodate him? The Nets don't want grandpa Pau, I would think that they'd hold him or deal him as a rental rather than trade for Pau's bloated contract.

He can't "force a trade" when they aren't afraid of losing him, Prok doesn't seem like the kind of guy that makes deals with terrorists. ;)

Bianca Beauchamp, happy searching.

I'll be honest, I've always wanted to know and always marvel at the first and third picture. I just never bothered to ask...but ALWAYS wanted to ask lol.

now I know, ollol

mdm692
05-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Bynum for dirk str8 up trade gasol for iggy then s&t for dwill

D-will
Kobe
Iggy
Dirk
Hill??(does it matter)

Dade County
05-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Lakers are done... The owners made sure of that when they vetoed the Cp3 trade; no more cheat trades for them.

I think Dwill ends up in the west if he doesn't stay with NJ ... Memphis anyone?

ThunderousDemon
05-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Lakers are done... The owners made sure of that when they vetoed the Cp3 trade; no more cheat trades for them.

I think Dwill ends up in the west if he doesn't stay with NJ ... Memphis anyone?

Oh the Irony :laugh2:

The Lakers always bounce back :dance:

meloman1592
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
why is NY on the title of the article? I read nothing about them

MJL80
05-23-2012, 11:30 PM
It should say Brooklyn and LA, not NY

Dade County
05-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Oh the Irony :laugh2:

The Lakers always bounce back :dance:

whats wrong with you... The HEAT didn't make any cheat trades... explain your lol if you would like too.

meloman1592
05-23-2012, 11:53 PM
It should say Brooklyn and LA, not NY

Makes a whole lot more sense now..thanks

Chill_Will_24
05-23-2012, 11:56 PM
why is NY on the title of the article? I read nothing about them

Like it or not the Nets are not the only basketball team in NY anymore

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Deron Williams said he will opt out of his contract so he's going to be a Free Agent. He can sign anywhere he wants.

ThunderousDemon
05-24-2012, 12:01 AM
whats wrong with you... The HEAT didn't make any cheat trades... explain your lol if you would like too.

What cheating did the Lakers do then, they don't own the Grizzlies if you're referring to the Pau trade

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Lakers should...

-trade Bynum for Howard
-Trade Gasol for assets/ bench, young players + some cap relief
- Amnesty Artest
- Sign Deron Williams.

sounds logical.

meloman1592
05-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Like it or not the Nets are not the only basketball team in NY anymore

what do you mean anymore? They're still not here yet lol

And i dont have a problem with that, but when people see NY they think knicks not nets, just like when people see LA they think Lakers not clippers

ThunderousDemon
05-24-2012, 12:12 AM

And i dont have a problem with that, but when people see NY they think knicks not nets, just like when people see LA they think Lakers not clippers

You're right, look at this NBA Map

http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/nba-fan-map.jpg

broncosfan4eva
05-24-2012, 12:15 AM

you do realize that LA could trade pau off to a differnt team other then the nets for lets say a draft pick and then sign D-Will right??

broncosfan4eva
05-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Lakers should...

-trade Bynum for Howard
-Trade Gasol for assets/ bench, young players + some cap relief
- Amnesty Artest
- Sign Deron Williams.

sounds logical.

right on point.

THE MTL
05-24-2012, 12:17 AM
there is no longevity with the Mavs. They should have defended their title. They honestly are a disgrace of a defending champion

numba1CHANGsta
05-24-2012, 12:18 AM
I can easily see a Bynum for D12 swap

Then D-Will will be like "Wow the Lakers would look great with me on their roster, while the Nets don't have a caliber center or superstar like Kobe and Dwight" "Sign me up Mitch!"

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 12:19 AM

Guess your right. Wonder how they will do that for games. Like on the scoreboard will it say NYK and NYN or will they just go NY and BKN or something like that

sharqstealth
05-24-2012, 12:31 AM
I doubt Brooklyn will do a sign and trade for the Lakers... Unless maybe the Lakers would be willing to give up Bynum for him...

DeyAce
05-24-2012, 12:43 AM
I can see DWill going to Lakers, Knicks or Pacers before the Mavericks

kobes2good
05-24-2012, 12:45 AM
I doubt Brooklyn will do a sign and trade for the Lakers... Unless maybe the Lakers would be willing to give up Bynum for him...

if deron decides to leave, the nets will do a sign and trade there stupid to not and technically if the nets don't do a sign and trade you can use another team. Since deron is a free agent he can be sign and traded from any team to the lakers

broncosfan4eva
05-24-2012, 12:47 AM

like i said earlier...lakers don't have to do a sign and trade with the nets...ship pau to a differnt team and boom there is 19mil off the books

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Lakers also have their Amnesty Clause that they could use on Artest to get money off the books.

C-Style
05-24-2012, 01:18 AM
The 3 teams who have been connected to Pau is:

Rockets( Scola & Lowry, picks),
Wolves( Williams, Barea, Beasley, picks)
76ers( Iguadola, Fillers).

All these teams are suitable for a 3 team trade including Nets/Lakers, a 4th team can also get involved

Lakers + Giants
05-24-2012, 01:19 AM
The 3 teams who have been connected to Pau is:

Rockets( Scola & Lowry, picks),
Wolves( Williams, Barea, Beasley, picks)
76ers( Iguadola, Fillers).

All these teams are suitable for a 3 team trade including Nets/Lakers, a 4th team can also get involved

Rockets offered us Dragic, Scola and picks not Lowry. Big difference.

C-Style
05-24-2012, 01:40 AM

Yes but that's before they realized Dragic was as good as Lowry

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-24-2012, 01:51 AM

Dont forget Martin and a first round pick

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 01:59 AM
lakers should look at that deal from the Wolves.

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 02:08 AM
This is exactly why writers like Sheridan, Brouttard, and Bucher etc. write this stuff. Cuz idiot fans eat it all up.

From every writer that has reported on it and from everything he has said and done to this point, Williams preference is to remain with the Nets just like Dwight wants to go there.

However Lakers fans and Knicks fans looking for their silver lining after getting basically swept, neglect to read that part before coming in here to dream up ways they can get Deron and Dwight. Its quite comical actually.

What logical reason would the Nets have for doing a Deron/Gasol swap? or trading Deron for anything less than a stud? Oh wait here it comes.. "Well derrrrpp if he demands a trade there and wont sign anywhere else.." smh the reports again... He is looking for every reason to stay with the Nets.

At this point Deron is the Nets' to lose (which they have already gotten started on by trading away their pick smh).

Deron and Kobe wouldnt work anyway... should i point out why? I believe its obvious...

Punk
05-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Guess your right. Wonder how they will do that for games. Like on the scoreboard will it say NYK and NYN or will they just go NY and BKN or something like that

It will say "BKN" against most teams. Against NY, GS it will say "BK".

TylerSL
05-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Guys, Willaims is staying with Nets. He will not opt out of contract this year and wait for Howard. He will do this cuz Howard wants to go to Brooklyn and play with Deron. The Lakers wouldnt give up Bynum unless they got Howard, which Dwight doesnt want to go to LA, he wants to go to the Nets. Brooklyn would not trade D-Will for Gasol, especially since they are in the mix for Howard.

IMO, the Lakers deal Gasol this offseason. The Magic desperatly want to keep Howard. I think they keep him in the offseason. Dwight wont get traded til the deadline next year, cuz yes it will take that long for Orlando to give up on him. By that time Gasol will be long gone from L.A. I just dont see it. Dwight will end up in Brooklyn.

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 02:23 AM
Guys, Willaims is staying with Nets. He will not opt out of contract this year and wait for Howard. He will do this cuz Howard wants to go to Brooklyn and play with Deron. The Lakers wouldnt give up Bynum unless they got Howard, which Dwight doesnt want to go to LA, he wants to go to the Nets. Brooklyn would not trade D-Will for Gasol, especially since they are in the mix for Howard.

IMO, the Lakers deal Gasol this offseason. The Magic desperatly want to keep Howard. I think they keep him in the offseason. Dwight wont get traded til the deadline next year, cuz yes it will take that long for Orlando to give up on him. By that time Gasol will be long gone from L.A. I just dont see it. Dwight will end up in Brooklyn.

Cant believe im saying this but i actually agree with Brouttard. I think the Magic will wait till September to trade Dwight. They will force Deron to make a decision before they have to. Will Deron commit with the Nets on the belief that Dwight will get there eventually? Dwight is a fickle mind.

I still believe Deron will resign cuz he wants that extra year but ORL will wait him out

LakersMaster24
05-24-2012, 02:52 AM

Do the LTB!

C-Style
05-24-2012, 04:10 AM
However Lakers fans and Knicks fans looking for their silver lining after getting basically swept, neglect to read that part before coming in here to dream up ways they can get Deron and Dwight. Its quite comical actually.

Pop calls the kettle black, what exactly did the Nets do this year? Nothing! Keep dreaming Dwight won't be a Net and neither will D-will.

ldawg
05-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Lets be real, If the goal is to win rings why would you go to the Nets? Even so why play for Nets to be second fiddle to Knicks. When You think La you think of Lakers then you say whats that other team in LA oh yeah Clippers.

ldawg
05-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Williams in Howard need to team up in La with Kobe and Form a interesting team in the West. Williams is thinking a shinny new building will change things but i wont except the for the first two months then its back to the same old. In My opinion Net under achieve and a new building will not change that.

ldawg
05-24-2012, 06:44 AM
If Williams really want to be a household name Go to Lakers Many never heard of Sessions now he is well known. On the Nets no one herd of Humphries until his bogus marriage.

gatkins11
05-24-2012, 10:23 AM
All of this is hearsay. Why don't you all wait and see how this plays out before you assert that you "know" what he's going to do? The fact of the matter is, no one knows what he's going to do, not any of these "sources" and especially no one on PSD.

iseelahk
05-24-2012, 10:47 AM

No they can't.

MTL_123
05-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Brooklyn is gonna be a dirty team wen D12 gets there top 3 team in the east guarantee

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Deron Williams is just playing the Media game to out pressure on the Nets to trade for Howard. Deron Williams is making over 10 million in endorsements in NY. I cant see him leaving that behind.

The best fit for D-Will are the Lakers. they just have the pieces to to put a Championship team together. If they trade Gasol for a nice bench and supporting cast and then Amnesty Metta, they will be in a great spot.

Bob_at_york
05-24-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't see how he could find his way to the Lakers. I also don't understand how Dirk is not a good 2nd fiddle to Deron.

AMushroomStamp
05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
The "OP" really needs to say Brooklyn rather than NY. As it is hard to distinguish which team he is talking about, although I got the idea as there is no way in hell the Knicks could get Williams.

or maybe u shld learn how to read a poll and realize that the Nets are in NY now

AMushroomStamp
05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't see how he could find his way to the Lakers. I also don't understand how Dirk is not a good 2nd fiddle to Deron.

either gasol or bynum in a sign and trade

simple as that, the nets would need a piece to build with, they wouldnt let williams sign with any other team and get back nothing, so htey would gladly accomodate the lakers and do a sign and trade, rather than watch him find his way to a portland or houstan who has the cap space

lopez and gasol would be a great big man combo in the east

Bob_at_york
05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
either gasol or bynum in a sign and trade

simple as that, the nets would need a piece to build with, they wouldnt let williams sign with any other team and get back nothing, so htey would gladly accomodate the lakers and do a sign and trade, rather than watch him find his way to a portland or houstan who has the cap space

lopez and gasol would be a great big man combo in the east

I don't see Gasol working for them. I don't think that is a fair deal. Bynum might be but Lopez and Bynum together might not be a good mix.

mamba24
05-24-2012, 11:40 AM
like i said earlier...lakers don't have to do a sign and trade with the nets...ship pau to a differnt team and boom there is 19mil off the books

but since they wont have cap space they wont be able to sign him. just because pau is gone doesnt mean they have that much money to spend... they will still be about $11 million over the cap...

ddhulett
05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
D-Will to Dallas is still going to happen.

He will give Cuban and Donnie a chance to give their pitch for him and then understand that Cuban will never let the Mavs just fade away.

Cuban still has trade assets one being Lamar Odoms contract along with enough cap space to give this team a shot at 2013 Championship.

Cuban is the King of trades and will reload as he's done the past 12 years.

boolish
05-24-2012, 11:48 AM

jerry krause?

michael811
05-24-2012, 11:49 AM
but since they wont have cap space they wont be able to sign him. just because pau is gone doesnt mean they have that much money to spend... they will still be about $11 million over the cap...

If the Lakers find a team with the cap space to take on gasol's salary and trade him for a draft pick or two that will give the Lakers a 19 million dollar trade exception which they can then use to do a sign and trade for a max contract player or multiple players, Deron would have to tell the nets he is leaving no matter what so they would have the choice of getting a draft pick or two and a trade exception or nothing

boolish
05-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Deron Williams is just playing the Media game to out pressure on the Nets to trade for Howard. Deron Williams is making over 10 million in endorsements in NY. I cant see him leaving that behind.

The best fit for D-Will are the Lakers. they just have the pieces to to put a Championship team together. If they trade Gasol for a nice bench and supporting cast and then Amnesty Metta, they will be in a great spot.

$10m in endorsements JUST from NYC area? fat chance. lets' see your source. the vast majority of his endorsements, if he even has $10m, will "travel". having said that he can make the most money under contract by staying with BRK. he is putting pressure on them to get DH. Notice he isn't going anywhere without a sign and trade. that means he isn't going to be a FA and give up the bigger check he would get by staying or going via sign and trade.

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Lets be real, If the goal is to win rings why would you go to the Nets? Even so why play for Nets to be second fiddle to Knicks. When You think La you think of Lakers then you say whats that other team in LA oh yeah Clippers.

Lets be real, it has been addressed many times every time an idiot brings it up. They reportedly like the idea of starting anew in a new franchise with no expectations. They want their own legacy not be a part of another player's legacy (Dirk, Kobe).

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
If the Lakers find a team with the cap space to take on gasol's salary and trade him for a draft pick or two that will give the Lakers a 19 million dollar trade exception which they can then use to do a sign and trade for a max contract player or multiple players, Deron would have to tell the nets he is leaving no matter what so they would have the choice of getting a draft pick or two and a trade exception or nothing

So you think a team out there is going to trade 19 million of their cap space + Draft picks for 32 year old Gasol coming off a down year? Good luck with that.

Then what is left on the Lakers for them to be able to acquire a max contract player or decent players in a Sign and Trade? I hope you know that would be Bynum leaving in the S & T.

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Pop calls the kettle black, what exactly did the Nets do this year? Nothing! Keep dreaming Dwight won't be a Net and neither will D-will.

Pop? What exactly did the Nets do? Not get embarrassed by the Heat in the playoffs. I dont see the point in making the playoffs if your just gonna get destroyed on national television :shrug:

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Pop? What exactly did the Nets do? Not get embarrassed by the Heat in the playoffs. I dont see the point in making the playoffs if your just gonna get destroyed on national television :shrug:

Yes, because the goal of every team every season is to not make the playoffs so they don't get embarrassed on national TV. There is not a single GM/Player/Coach who would rather get a lottery pick than take their team to the playoffs, even if it's an 8 seed.

michael811
05-24-2012, 12:06 PM
So you think a team out there is going to trade 19 million their cap space + Draft picks for 32 year old Gasol? Good luck with that.

Then what is left on the Lakers for them to be able to acquire a max contract player in a Sign and Trade? I hope you know that would be Bynum leaving in the S & T.

The Pacers will have the cap space Gasol is only under contract for two more seasons whoever takes them on gets a pretty good 7 footer this upcoming year and a 20 million dollar expiring contract to use in trades at the deadline the season after .

If Deron tells the nets he is leaving and they can do either a sign and trade and get a couple of draft picks and a trade exception or nothing the Nets will take the draft picks.

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Yes, because the goal of every team every season is to not make the playoffs so they don't get embarrassed on national TV. There is not a single GM/Player/Coach who would rather get a lottery pick than take their team to the playoffs, even if it's an 8 seed.

That wasnt my point. Point is in this league you should either be contenders or rebuilding. Mediocrity is the worst position to be in. I would rather miss the playoffs and know my team has a chance to get a franchise changing player to contend with than make the playoffs and me mediocre. Quite simple actually.

Hearing fans of teams that got swept or basically swept in the playoffs making fun of teams that are rebuilding is comical to me.

ThunderousDemon
05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
D-Will to Dallas is still going to happen.

He will give Cuban and Donnie a chance to give their pitch for him and then understand that Cuban will never let the Mavs just fade away.

Cuban still has trade assets one being Lamar Odoms contract along with enough cap space to give this team a shot at 2013 Championship.

Cuban is the King of trades and will reload as he's done the past 12 years.

Lets not dream with our eyes open okay :D

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2012, 12:14 PM
That wasnt my point. Point is in this league you should either be contenders or rebuilding. Mediocrity is the worst position to be in. I would rather miss the playoffs and know my team has a chance to get a franchise changing player to contend with than make the playoffs and me mediocre. Quite simple actually.

Hearing fans of teams that got swept or basically swept in the playoffs making fun of teams that are rebuilding is comical to me.

Because re-building and getting that franchise player is just that easy right?

So you would rather be a team like the Bobcats, Nets, T-Wolves, Warriors, Wizards, Kings (you know, the ones who are/have been rebuilding for years) over a team like the Hawks, Grizzlies, 76ers, Nuggets (the mediocre teams) who continually make the playoffs even though they are lower seeds?

The goal is to make the playoffs every year, plain and simple. If you root for your team to suck it up and miss the playoffs, then so be it. Sounds pretty stupid to me though. I want my team to win every night they play, otherwise you create a losing atmosphere that players just become accustomed to and they can't get out of lottery hell, like all the teams I mentioned above.

oak2455
05-24-2012, 12:17 PM

So you would rather be a team like the Bobcats, Nets, T-Wolves, Warriors, Wizards, Kings (you know, the ones who are/have been rebuilding for years) over a team like the Hawks, Grizzlies, 76ers, Nuggets (the mediocre teams) who continually make the playoffs even though they are lower seeds?

The goal is to make the playoffs every year, plain and simple. If you root for your team to suck it up and miss the playoffs, then so be it. Sounds pretty stupid to me though. I want my team to win every night they play, otherwise you create a losing atmosphere that players just become accustomed to and they can't get out of lottery hell.

Agreed.. I rather have that shot, look at the Sixers:eyebrow: you never know anything can happen if you make the playoffs:clap::clap::clap:

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2012, 12:20 PM
The Pacers will have the cap space Gasol is only under contract for two more seasons whoever takes them on gets a pretty good 7 footer this upcoming year and a 20 million dollar expiring contract to use in trades at the deadline the season after .

If Deron tells the nets he is leaving and they can do either a sign and trade and get a couple of draft picks and a trade exception or nothing the Nets will take the draft picks.

Do you know if Gasol has an escalator in his contract if he's traded? I think I heard something about it in the Bulls forum that if Gasol is traded, his salary jumps to 22 mil or something like that.

Either way, its a risky move for any team to give up future assets for a guy who showed signs of decline this year and will be 32 this summer.

If the Nets lose Deron and lose out on the Dwight sweepstakes, I'm not sure if Gasol is the route to take (See above paragraph), but their owner is desperate to win and fill seats in the new arena I'm sure next year so they could, but they would still be horrible imo.

I can't see really any other teams (lottery teams that is) looking to add Gasol as that missing piece. The bulls will definitely take him though if they could find a 3rd team to take Boozer (unlikely).

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Agreed.. I rather have that shot, look at the Sixers:eyebrow: you never know anything can happen if you make the playoffs:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly. Say the Pacers won Game 5 the other night. We'd be so very close to a 76ers/Pacers Eastern Conference Finals. Other teams would see this and wouldn't care if 8 seed or 1 seed, a shot is a shot. And you can't get that shot if you don't make the playoffs. Hell, all you have to do to make the playoffs in the eastern conference is be barely above .500.

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 12:27 PM
The East got much weaker after Rose and Bosh were injured.

BKLYNpigeon
05-24-2012, 12:28 PM
The NBA should just take the top 16 teams in the NBA to the playoffs. not 8 from the East and West.

JerseyPalahniuk
05-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Key point of that article:

Deron wants to stay if Nets upgrade their roster. Lopez being healthy automatically is an upgrade (scored 38 on the same Dallas Mavericks people want think he'll sign with). Billy King will work his magic and upgrade the team. Deron is staying, no doubt about it. Find ONE quote from Dwill himself in the past two month saying something negative about the nets and their ability to keep him.

Stinkyoutsider
05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Cuban took the gamble, now he's probably going to come up with nothing? At least he'll be able to spend his money on bringing Jason Terry back lol...

It's tough to figure Howard out but I know Williams isn't worried about teaming up with him anymore. He wants to stay and play for the Nets? After last season, I'm not sure I would stay even if they pulled off the deal to get Howard?

A lot of the options Williams is looking at right now just aren't good options? There's no way I would go to LA right now? I'm not a big fan of Bynum and after Gasol played like he did, I wouldn't want to rely on him to help me win. Gasol became Boozer-like (all jumpshots) against the Thunder.

Gritz
05-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Some girl he faps to

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 12:50 PM

The goal is to make the playoffs every year, plain and simple. If you root for your team to suck it up and miss the playoffs, then so be it. Sounds pretty stupid to me though. I want my team to win every night they play, otherwise you create a losing atmosphere that players just become accustomed to and they can't get out of lottery hell, like all the teams I mentioned above.

Nope. I would rather suck it up and pray for a star. These teams have been rebuiding for years cuz there hasnt been a Durant, or a Rose when they get their high picks. This year there is Anthony Davis and i guarantee that the team that gets him will not be rebuilding for much longer.

Not to mention that being in the lottery with a chance at solid young pieces and assets is much better than getting creamed in the playoffs for nothing.

EDIT: BTW the Bobcats just started their rebuild recently. The Kings and Wolves and even the Kings are a piece away from being solid and the Nets WOULD have a solid future if they didnt gamble it all away in hopes of landing a star studded team in Brooklyn. Patience in the NBA is key. Sucking it up like the Knicks and Hawks and Mavs did this year is exciting to the shortsighted fan but in the end you get back home and realize your team will not get much better for the next 5 years cuz they committed to the wrong players

smith&wesson
05-24-2012, 01:07 PM
d.will & howard are going to be a nasty tandem.

benzni
05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Brooklyn

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Nope. I would rather suck it up and pray for a star. These teams have been rebuiding for years cuz there hasnt been a Durant, or a Rose when they get their high picks. This year there is Anthony Davis and i guarantee that the team that gets him will not be rebuilding for much longer.

Not to mention that being in the lottery with a chance at solid young pieces and assets is much better than getting creamed in the playoffs for nothing.

EDIT: BTW the Bobcats just started their rebuild recently. The Kings and Wolves and even the Kings are a piece away from being solid and the Nets WOULD have a solid future if they didnt gamble it all away in hopes of landing a star studded team in Brooklyn. Patience in the NBA is key. Sucking it up like the Knicks and Hawks and Mavs did this year is exciting to the shortsighted fan but in the end you get back home and realize your team will not get much better for the next 5 years cuz they committed to the wrong players

I guess I would just rather go into a season knowing my team will be somewhat solid, win maybe high 40s low 50s amount of games, and make the playoffs over maybe my team will be bad enough to land a top 3 pick where maybe that player will pan out as planned and maybe we will make the playoffs one day and make a push for a title. Maybe.

And only 1 team will get Anthony Davis. The other 15 teams will not be getting a player that will maybe rise to superstar level.

Lake_Show2416
05-24-2012, 01:27 PM
3 way Gasol for D.Will trade, best sign & trade the Nets will get, then trade Bynum for Dwight, its simple lol

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I guess I would just rather go into a season knowing my team will be somewhat solid, win maybe high 40s low 50s amount of games, and make the playoffs over maybe my team will be bad enough to land a top 3 pick where maybe that player will pan out as planned and maybe we will make the playoffs one day and make a push for a title. Maybe.

And only 1 team will get Anthony Davis. The other 15 teams will not be getting a player that will maybe rise to superstar level.

The point is that you at least have a shot at building a contender with the draft. Being mediocre gets you nothing except a few games of excitement cuz your team will never be elite. NY will never be elite with Melo especially if they cant get rid of Amare. The Hawks will be mediocre as long as Johnson is their go to guy. The Sixers, while better than the Knicks wont amount to much eaither as its their coaching thats doing work right now.

Andre Drummond could turn into the next Dwight/Amare. Beal looks great as does Teague and Rivers, and Jones... if your scouts are doing their work then the draft is a great way to build a great team.

MTL_123
05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
3 way Gasol for D.Will trade, best sign & trade the Nets will get, then trade Bynum for Dwight, its simple lol

why would nets trade D.will for gasol worst trade ever :confused:

Punk
05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
The point is that you at least have a shot at building a contender with the draft. Being mediocre gets you nothing except a few games of excitement cuz your team will never be elite. NY will never be elite with Melo especially if they cant get rid of Amare. The Hawks will be mediocre as long as Johnson is their go to guy. The Sixers, while better than the Knicks wont amount to much eaither as its their coaching thats doing work right now.

Andre Drummond could turn into the next Dwight/Amare. Beal looks great as does Teague and Rivers, and Jones... if your scouts are doing their work then the draft is a great way to build a great team.
That's kinda false. The Knicks can be very elite with who they have if they stay healthy and commit to defense like they have with Woodson preaching. Amare was playing some great defense before the back injury. Which is why NY steam rolled through teams after MDA got canned.

18-6 under a defensive coach is an elite record. Start a season out like that and you are competing for the 1 seed. 28-20 conference record is pretty good for a team with a bad season all around.

The Hawks will be in the middle of the pack because of their frontcourt. Not joe.

MTL_123
05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
That's kinda false. The Knicks can be very elite with who they have if they stay healthy and commit to defense like they have with Woodson preaching. Amare was playing some great defense before the back injury. Which is why NY steam rolled through teams after MDA got canned.

18-6 under a defensive coach is an elite record. Start a season out like that and you are competing for the 1 seed. 28-20 conference record is pretty good for a team with a bad season all around.

The Hawks will be in the middle of the pack because of their frontcourt. Not joe.

wait was melo hurt wen the season started i know he was a bit out of shape:confused:

IIISSKiLL
05-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Dwill and d12 go to Brooklyn all you laker fans please stop getting excited

Punk
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Playing second fiddle means nothing anymore. Nobody can use that to say D-Will has an advantage because Dallas is second fiddle to the Spurs, Orlando is second fiddle to Miami, LAC is second fiddle to the Lakers but both teams are now equal in popularity and season records.

wait was melo hurt wen the season started i know he was a bit out of shape:confused:

Nah, he wasn't out of shape. He just put on too much muscle.

He was expected to play PF because D'antoni liked the idea of Amare at C but all of that went out the window once Tyson became interested and signed here.

Melo hurt himself in Opening Day. Amare hurt himself in the 3rd game of the season at LA. He missed a good week. The team went 2-4 in that space of time.

Then they got to a 6-4 record before Melo got hurt again spraining his wrist and ankle in the same game badly. He played through it which is the stretch where he was shooting horribly. Even had a 0-7, 1 point game playing through the injury.

Then 1-2 months later, Amare's brother dies and he leaves for 2 weeks and Melo pulls his groin and was out for 2 weeks.

Yet, in that stretch of time D'antoni never once tried to use Novak or Lin and said "They were not in his plans"....Until he was forced into using them and look how well that turned out.

And that's how they became 18-24 under D'antoni. A product of injuries and disgraceful coaching.

How embarrassing is it to have Lin, Melo, Amare, Tyson all healthy with 4-5 days of practice time to get chemistry going and after the practice time they go 0-6. You get fired and with no practice time under Woodson they go 6-0 against Indiana twice, Atlanta, Orlando.

ThunderousDemon
05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Dwill and d12 go to Brooklyn all you laker fans please stop getting excited

pacofunk64
05-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Be careful for what you wish for. Williams is overrated and selfish.

Lake_Show2416
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
why would nets trade D.will for gasol worst trade ever :confused:

i said 3 team trade buddy, with Gasol going elsewhere, possibly to the Rockets or Wolves

Chill_Will_24
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Be careful for what you wish for. Williams is overrated and selfish.

Based on?

Kevj77
05-24-2012, 03:16 PM
not if D-will refuses to sign an extension with other suitors with comparable packages.There is some truth to this. Rentals don't have as much value look at the Melo and Howard situations. There will still be teams willing to gamble they can convince them to stay, but those will be teams like LA, NY or Dal. Of course NJ and Orlando can refuse to help diva players and force them to sign for less with a team not of their choice. That is their leverage. That is what Orlando did to Dwight he opted in because he didn't want to go to LA and play with Kobe.

AMushroomStamp
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
i said 3 team trade buddy, with Gasol going elsewhere, possibly to the Rockets or Wolves

imagine gasol and love in the post :drool:

definate 7th seed in the west next year

cwesleyf
05-24-2012, 05:47 PM
The Nets better hope they get a top 3 lottery pick, otherwise Dwight will never happen. Orlando will likely look for a trade to exchange Dwight for Bynum. The Magic offense is build around the center position. The Magic realize Bynum>Lopez. No one can replace Dwight but Andrew Bynum is the best player to fill Dwight's shoes in Orlando. Dwight may have his preferences, since he is under contract he will have to accept the Magic's preference.

AMushroomStamp
05-24-2012, 05:49 PM
The Nets better hope they get a top 3 lottery pick, otherwise Dwight will never happen. Orlando will likely look for a trade to exchange Dwight for Bynum. The Magic offense is build around the center position. The Magic realize Bynum>Lopez. No one can replace Dwight but Andrew Bynum is the best player to fill Dwight's shoes in Orlando. Dwight may have his preferences, since he is under contract he will have to accept the Magic's preference.

this

the bynum deal would be great as well, he said he doesnt care where he plays, and he is a #1 option calibur player

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-24-2012, 05:55 PM

this

the bynum deal would be great as well, he said he doesnt care where he plays, and he is a #1 option calibur player

When will people get that Dwight doesnt want to be a Laker, mutiple respected sources have stated that Dwight had plenty of chances to be a Laker via trade but wouldnt sign long term.

Ebbs
05-24-2012, 05:58 PM
"A source close to" stfu no one knows ****

cwesleyf
05-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Dwight will go where the Magic send him....period. If he is smart he should realize that LA provides the best immediate opportunity for him to win a title. Net fans seem to forget their roster could not even make the playoffs. That is another reason that their trade assets are not respected. Why would Orlando want to trade places with the Nets by accepting their castoffs? You can't build a winner around the Nets junk.

C-Style
05-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Dwight will go where the Magic send him....period. If he is smart he should realize that LA provides the best immediate opportunity for him to win a title. Net fans seem to forget their roster could not even make the playoffs. That is another reason that their trade assets are not respected. Why would Orlando want to trade places with the Nets by accepting their castoffs? You can't build a winner around the Nets junk.

How do you even sell it to its fans???

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-24-2012, 07:05 PM

The Nets had the most injuries in the NBA....

A roster of:

Dwill
Brooks
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Could of made the playoffs... 6-8 seed easy.

And it doesnt matter if we have "junk" or not, if Dwight wants the Nets as badly as reported, hes a Net. Whether thats 2012 or 2013.