PDA

View Full Version : TP to Westbrook - You aint faced someone like me

Chronz
05-23-2012, 05:43 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/parker-says-westbrook-hasnt-faced-202710696--nba.html

Combative or simply pointing out the facts?

Good or bad move?

Love or Hate it?

SAN ANTONIO (AP) Tony Parker says Russell Westbrook hasn't faced another point guard in these playoffs quite like him.
The marquee matchup of the Western Conference finals will be the dueling All-Stars. Parker said Wednesday that his Oklahoma City counterpart is in for something different than what the Thunder saw the first two rounds.
Parker said ''it's not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers'' for Westbrook, adding that their point guards are ''not as aggressive'' as the Spurs' leading scorer. Parker is averaging 19.1 points and a career-best 7.1 assists through eight consecutive playoff wins.
Westbrook is 23, an age when Parker had already won two NBA titles. The 30-year-old Parker is in position to make the up-and-coming Thunder go through him to get a shot at a championship.

Hawkeye15
05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
TP possibly trying to get Westbrook to look at it more as a personal challenge, making him overly aggressive?

But Tony is going to have all kinds of problems defendeing Westbrook.

JayW_1023
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
TP possibly trying to get Westbrook to look at it more as a personal challenge, making him overly aggressive?

And vice versa.

Hawkeye15
05-23-2012, 05:52 PM
And vice versa.

no doubt. But I think individually, Westbrook is too fast and strong. Parker is quick as hell and savvy, should be a good battle. TP is right, its the first time he has played a guy of TP's caliber in these playoffs, I just think Westy is on fire right now.

Raph12
05-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Should be a very interesting series...

AndyfromNeptune
05-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I think they both will tear each other apart..but Parker will win the battle. Westbrook still has waves of inconsistency in his game

RLundi
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
I like it.

popo85
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
If i was SA I'd switch Green on Westbrook.

SA5195
05-23-2012, 06:10 PM
This is gonna be an awesome series! :jumpy:

dnewguy
05-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Thunder will have a lot of problems and Parker is the least of those. Popovich is a master at managing players, Durrant will be the only one that will do anything against the Spurs.

llemon
05-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Parker is correct, but the only reason I can figure Tony would say something like this (this is not typical of Parker) is that Pops may have suggested Tony say it, because it is obvious Westie is an emotional player, and Pop wants Russell to play reactively, as opposed to intelligently.

Have to wait until the 27th to begin to see how this plays out.

GodsSon
05-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Can't wait for this series to start

RealLiveBear
05-23-2012, 06:40 PM

This is my thoughts exactly and it makes me very nervous, As good as westbrook is playing in these playoffs if he takes this personally and starts jacking shots like last year then we are screwed :(

Swashcuff
05-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Westbrook has also never in a position like this before. Last season this was KD's team in the post season and he was the not so trusty side-kick. This season its his team every bit as much as its KDs. Its interesting to see how he performs. Now don't get me wrong KD is still the alpha dog but Westy is every bit as responsible for them being successful in this post season as Durant.

If they intend to knock of SAS Westy needs to continue this high level of play. I think Parker knows this and thinks some mind games could be good for the team. If TP is trying to get inside the mind of Westy and it works the Spurs would be likely leave this series winners.

John Walls Era
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Good move. Even though I like Westbrook a lot (picked Spurs to win the West), he tends to dominate the ball. TP getting in his head might make Westbrook more agressive and get him to shoot more than Durant.

kdspurman
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I hate it... But I do agree that it may make Westbrook look at it like a personal challenge and thus have him try and do more than he should. But, don't like it. TP, very un-Spurs like of you

3iverson3
05-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Well he is right, and Parker most likely won't guard Westbrook as much as Westbrook gaurding him.

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Love it, this series is going to be epic

3iverson3
05-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Yea now Westbrook will be on a mission. I want to see more of Jackson too, he could really tip the bench in Spurs favor.

BobbyHillSwag
05-23-2012, 07:25 PM
love it by tp, im sick of my team always being quiet, they need to speak up some more. Spurs should start trash talking the league for real. For some reason Connie thinks tony parker is hot though. It's also funny that my dad likes cowboys but he likes the spurs instead of mavericks. I want to go to one of the games but tank wiping at strickland is not paying me enough.

D-Leethal
05-23-2012, 07:29 PM

And vice versa.

Its going to take 5 guys to control Westbrook and its going to take 5 guys to control Parker.

If there is one position thats pretty much unguardable 1 on 1 and takes a team effort every night its the PG position - especially with these 2 cats.

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Yea now Westbrook will be on a mission. I want to see more of Jackson too, he could really tip the bench in Spurs favor.

the more westbrook has the ball and the less durant has it is a good thing for SA imo

D-Leethal
05-23-2012, 07:41 PM
This is a brilliant move. If there is one time OKC is very beatable, its when Russ goes into hero mode down the stretch. Also, Russel Westbrook's worst trait is his mental fortitude. **** with this kids head, good things will happen. Gotta love it. Brilliant move by Parker. Let Russ look at this as a personal challenge and not a team challenge.

llemon
05-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Well he is right, and Parker most likely won't guard Westbrook as much as Westbrook gaurding him.

But who will Parker be guarding?

And Parker may have said this too soon, as S Brooks, Durant and Perkins have plenty of time to simmer down Westie

Mr_Amaziing
05-23-2012, 07:49 PM
We are on a mission ... To win the 2012 NBA championship

NetsPaint
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Or this could get Westbrook to not try to score enough and not play his game.

thekmp211
05-23-2012, 07:58 PM
sounds accurate.

QueensG
05-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Tony Parker is a beast..this is going to be.a classic series..may go to seven games

Shlumpledink
05-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Westbrook is an excellent defender when he dials in. That being said, Parker is playing on an absolutely elite level. You can't say that about jason kidd, ramon sessions, and steve blake.

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Tony Parker is a beast..this is going to be.a classic series..may go to seven games

spurs in 6

Soonerule
05-23-2012, 08:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/parker-says-westbrook-hasnt-faced-202710696--nba.html

Combative or simply pointing out the facts?

Good or bad move?

Love or Hate it?

LOVE IT! thanks for the bulletin board material Mr Parker! (lol, that is if Russ is smart enough to keep his mouth shut....)

kubernetes
05-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Parker is correct, but the only reason I can figure Tony would say something like this (this is not typical of Parker) is that Pops may have suggested Tony say it, because it is obvious Westie is an emotional player, and Pop wants Russell to play reactively, as opposed to intelligently.

Yeah, that's what I thought. How often does a Spurs player say something like this? Pop is probably hoping that Westbrook takes it personally and tries to show up Parker by taking too many shots.

Jumi
05-23-2012, 08:27 PM
TP said it in the context of a different question, but a good sound bite, is a good sound bite! Westy is a beast! I doubt TP guards him alot during this series. I hope he does! I hope this is like the Hornets seven game series form a few years ago. During stretches of the game, TP and CP3 just went shot for acrobatic shot! That **** was epic!!

Sadds The Gr8
05-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Love it

Avenged
05-23-2012, 10:18 PM
:nod: can't wait for this one.

kblo247
05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Parker ain't exactly lying

- Fisher
- Conley
- Kidd
- Sessions

Tony Parker is the best PG he's ever faced in a 7 game series, and Tony is what he wants to be. Tiny is the champion, the all star, finals MVP, proven .... WINNER. He's also a paint point demon as well with plenty speed.

I love it!

GoPacers33
05-23-2012, 10:44 PM
IMO this should be the Finals matchup

greg_ory_2005
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Should be a great matchup!

SlimKid
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Love it! it's going to be a hell of a series

blahblahyoutoo
05-23-2012, 10:57 PM
98% of the time the word "ain't" is used, it's used incorrectly.

Joshtd1
05-23-2012, 11:02 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=westbru01&p2=parketo01

Would gladly take this kind of production throughout the series. Love the gamesmanship here, even if it's meant to get into his head or not, because its true. Much rather WB take the bulk of the shots if it means less looks for Harden and KD.

And while I was looking, would love to see a lot more of this too :smoking: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duranke01&p2=leonaka01

Teeboy1487
05-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Let the mind games begin.

torocan
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Definitely shaping up to be the best of the Playoffs.

:D:D

SeoulBeatz
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
This season at least... TP>Westbrook.

Parker had one of the most underrated seasons in recent memory. He has been unguardable all season and I def think he'll give Westy some problems on D. He has the right to talk.

IversonIsKrazy
05-23-2012, 11:47 PM
It's true. Westbrook hasn't been up against a stud PG, and the Thunder haven't really gone up against a team that commits on the defense-end. Dallas looked confused all year long, and Lakers play defense every now and then but not much. CP3 averaged I believe 6+ turnovers a game during Spurs series, I expect the same for Westbrook. Parker will get the better of the match-up, not because I believe Parker will contain him, but the Spurs as a team will. Can't wait for this series to start!

Baller1
05-24-2012, 12:43 AM
He's completely right, but Westy can say the same to Parker. It's gonna be a great series.

Lakerhead4ever
05-24-2012, 01:06 AM
this is going to be a great series.

one thing is forsure, how are the thunder going to react to adversity. we all remember how westbrook took last years playoffs after shooting too much.

if anybody can frustrate the thunder its the spurs

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 01:16 AM
He's completely right, but Westy can say the same to Parker. It's gonna be a great series.

Chris Paul? Lol

Baller1
05-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Chris Paul? Lol

Westbrook and CP3 are nothing alike... That's what I meant.

Soonerule
05-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Parker ain't exactly lying

- Fisher
- Conley
- Kidd
- Sessions

Tony Parker is the best PG he's ever faced in a 7 game series, and Tony is what he wants to be. Tiny is the champion, the all star, finals MVP, proven .... WINNER. He's also a paint point demon as well with plenty speed.

I love it!

^
this

every word true

Tony Parker IS the best PG Russell has faced in the playoffs.

On February 4th the Thunder went to San Antonio and Parker torched the Thunder for 42 points. He added 9 assists, 2 steals and no turnovers. In the same game, Westbrook had 18 points and 3 turnovers. Fast forward a month and a half to the the teams last meeting of the season. Russell adjusted, Parker scored 25, 7 assists, no steals and 4 turnovers. Not bad, but in the same game Russell scored 36 with 6 assists, 3 steals and only 2 turnovers, none after the Spurs had taken a big lead in the 2nd quarter.

Still wasn't enough though. Thunder had the ball, minute to go, Harden got lazy on an inbound pass at the Spurs' end, it got stolen, and the Spurs sealed the win.

The main thing about that game, hands down, Russell Westbrook was the best player on the floor that last game and almost brought a win to OKC after the Thunder fell behind by 27 points in the second quarter, virtually all by himself.

Russell Westbrook is the poster boy for "don't quit". In this last series, when the Lakers would get on a roll, Westbrook turned the tide. The Lakers think they should have 3 wins and this series still going, the reason they don't is they could not break Russell Westbrook's spirit. No offense to Lakers' fans, it's just the way it is. The kid from LA learned his lessons well growing up, didn't he? When Kobe looks back on that series and thinks about Russell, I hope he realizes how much he inspired the very thing that beat him, and I hope he takes some pride in it, at least some day. Russell may not have all of Kobe's talent, but he has his heart, all of it.

TP is the best, can't argue it. I know it, most of you know it and most importantly, Russell Westbrook knows it. I posted I loved what Parker said and I meant it. If Parker or Pops, if he was behind it, said what they did to intimidate Russell they made a big mistake. All those comments will do is guarantee Russell's complete commitment to beating the best. Anyone who has excelled at anything will tell you that you don't improve by beating lesser opponents. A lesser foe cannot inspire or push you to improve whether it be basketball or dominoes. Russell knows that and he also knows he hasn't played his best game yet, he is still learning. Maybe the most important element is that Russell also accepts that he may fail and the wild part is can't wait to find out.

A lot has happened since that last matchup between these guys, but there is one thing in particular that may be being overlooked. The kid from LA has something else that Kobe used to have.... Derek Fisher. Not that Fish is the player on the floor he used to be... he isn't..... no, it's what Fisher brings to the time out huddle, the locker room, and most importantly, regarding this thread, what Parker said. And the best part for Thunder faithful, Russ is listening to him (God knows he wasn't listening to his coaches!). Pre-Fish Russell vs the player he has been since we picked Derek up is almost night and day at times. His turnovers have dropped, his assists have risen dramatically and his poise has been amazing. When Parker or Pops or whoever let that comment get in the press, they were thinking Russell Westbrook the kid and forgot all about Fisher, the veteran with 5 rings. Where the old Russ would have hit game one like a crazed bull, Fish will help him channel and use it and I for one cannot wait to see these two guys go at it in this series.

Will it be enough to sway the series to OKC? Don't know, it's a pretty tall order, the Spurs hold a 8-2 edge in the last ten meetings. But one thing is certain, it "ain't" gonna be boring, I can purt ne'er gaar-ron-tee that. :up:

dc5jdm
05-24-2012, 01:32 AM
This series is the real NBA finals!

sharqstealth
05-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Good strategy from Tony! You wanna mess up the Thunder? Then get into Westbrook's head. Rusell thrives with his strength, force, and athleticism, but not as intelligent and mature as of the elite pg's out there. Game 1 expect him to take more shots than he is regularly taking, and the Spurs will know who they will defend...

sharqstealth
05-24-2012, 01:37 AM
This series is the real NBA finals!

I believe that! I think this is the two best teams in the league! Can't wait for this series to start...

Losoway
05-24-2012, 02:46 AM
westbrook will torch parker ...smh the spurs getting out of hand now

naps
05-24-2012, 04:28 AM
Well, TP also won't be able to guard Westy. Westy is simply too strong and too quick. TP is not famous for his defense. The fact that none of them won't be able to defend the other effectively will make this series even more interesting.

natelpete
05-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Damn, I'm really excited for this series. There should be a bunch of nice matchups

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Not as bad as some people are making it seem tbh...

“He’s definitely the head of the snake on this team,” Parker said. “Durant is obviously the best scorer in this league, but I think Westbrook is the one who makes them go.”

“I’m definitely going to go at him,” said Parker, 30, who is averaging a team-best 19.1 points and 7.1 assists in the postseason.

“It’s not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers, where their point guards are not as aggressive. I’m going to go at him and make sure he works a little bit.”

Patman
05-24-2012, 09:16 AM

Hes definitely the head of the snake on this team, Parker said. Durant is obviously the best scorer in this league, but I think Westbrook is the one who makes them go.

Im definitely going to go at him, said Parker, 30, who is averaging a team-best 19.1 points and 7.1 assists in the postseason.

Its not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers, where their point guards are not as aggressive. Im going to go at him and make sure he works a little bit.

Yes, this sounds like something any player would say and not some trash talking bs. But as usual with todays media, you take a quote out of context maybe even put sentences together that don't belong and make a stupid headline.

Honestly I hope OKC tries to take the Ball out of Parkers hands with hard doubles, that gives the rest of the spurs a 4-3.

b@llhog24
05-24-2012, 09:36 AM
^
this

every word true

Tony Parker IS the best PG Russell has faced in the playoffs.

On February 4th the Thunder went to San Antonio and Parker torched the Thunder for 42 points. He added 9 assists, 2 steals and no turnovers. In the same game, Westbrook had 18 points and 3 turnovers. Fast forward a month and a half to the the teams last meeting of the season. Russell adjusted, Parker scored 25, 7 assists, no steals and 4 turnovers. Not bad, but in the same game Russell scored 36 with 6 assists, 3 steals and only 2 turnovers, none after the Spurs had taken a big lead in the 2nd quarter.

Still wasn't enough though. Thunder had the ball, minute to go, Harden got lazy on an inbound pass at the Spurs' end, it got stolen, and the Spurs sealed the win.

The main thing about that game, hands down, Russell Westbrook was the best player on the floor that last game and almost brought a win to OKC after the Thunder fell behind by 27 points in the second quarter, virtually all by himself.

Russell Westbrook is the poster boy for "don't quit". In this last series, when the Lakers would get on a roll, Westbrook turned the tide. The Lakers think they should have 3 wins and this series still going, the reason they don't is they could not break Russell Westbrook's spirit. No offense to Lakers' fans, it's just the way it is. The kid from LA learned his lessons well growing up, didn't he? When Kobe looks back on that series and thinks about Russell, I hope he realizes how much he inspired the very thing that beat him, and I hope he takes some pride in it, at least some day. Russell may not have all of Kobe's talent, but he has his heart, all of it.

TP is the best, can't argue it. I know it, most of you know it and most importantly, Russell Westbrook knows it. I posted I loved what Parker said and I meant it. If Parker or Pops, if he was behind it, said what they did to intimidate Russell they made a big mistake. All those comments will do is guarantee Russell's complete commitment to beating the best. Anyone who has excelled at anything will tell you that you don't improve by beating lesser opponents. A lesser foe cannot inspire or push you to improve whether it be basketball or dominoes. Russell knows that and he also knows he hasn't played his best game yet, he is still learning. Maybe the most important element is that Russell also accepts that he may fail and the wild part is can't wait to find out.

A lot has happened since that last matchup between these guys, but there is one thing in particular that may be being overlooked. The kid from LA has something else that Kobe used to have.... Derek Fisher. Not that Fish is the player on the floor he used to be... he isn't..... no, it's what Fisher brings to the time out huddle, the locker room, and most importantly, regarding this thread, what Parker said. And the best part for Thunder faithful, Russ is listening to him (God knows he wasn't listening to his coaches!). Pre-Fish Russell vs the player he has been since we picked Derek up is almost night and day at times. His turnovers have dropped, his assists have risen dramatically and his poise has been amazing. When Parker or Pops or whoever let that comment get in the press, they were thinking Russell Westbrook the kid and forgot all about Fisher, the veteran with 5 rings. Where the old Russ would have hit game one like a crazed bull, Fish will help him channel and use it and I for one cannot wait to see these two guys go at it in this series.

Will it be enough to sway the series to OKC? Don't know, it's a pretty tall order, the Spurs hold a 8-2 edge in the last ten meetings. But one thing is certain, it "ain't" gonna be boring, I can purt ne'er gaar-ron-tee that. :up:

Lol don't forget, westbrook is going up against the perpetual motion machine. :D

StinkEye
05-24-2012, 10:00 AM
I came in my pajamas just dreaming of this series. I hope it's a classic!

Soonerule
05-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Hes definitely the head of the snake on this team, Parker said. Durant is obviously the best scorer in this league, but I think Westbrook is the one who makes them go.

Im definitely going to go at him, said Parker, 30, who is averaging a team-best 19.1 points and 7.1 assists in the postseason.

Its not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers, where their point guards are not as aggressive. Im going to go at him and make sure he works a little bit.

some here have said they thought Pops was behind the comments, I doubt it, and I bet Parker would have handled that interview with more vanilla cliches if he had it to do again. If memory serves, Pops is pretty tough on his guys supplying any possible bulletin board fodder....

Da Knicks
05-24-2012, 10:18 AM
I love it cant wait for this series to begin eventhough I think the spurs are going to show Kd and Westy that a post up game is necessary to win the big one!!

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 10:23 AM
some here have said they thought Pops was behind the comments, I doubt it, and I bet Parker would have handled that interview with more vanilla cliches if he had it to do again. If memory serves, Pops is pretty tough on his guys supplying any possible bulletin board fodder....

Yes and no... But I don't consider that bulletin board material at all, all he said was he's going to make him work. That's what Pop will say, you have to attack their guys and make em' work on the defensive end.

If anything, it's a shot at Sessions/Kidd lol

mal22
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
I hope TP gives Okc the business

Chronz
05-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Chris Paul? Lol

A hobbled CP3 ? Not the same

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 11:39 AM
A hobbled CP3 ? Not the same

Spurs defense had something to do with his lack luster play... Cause he looked fine in games 3 & 4 tbh...

BobbyHillSwag
05-24-2012, 11:51 AM
lol they still gonna give cp3 excuses, that ***** was atleast fine for games 3 and 4. spurs just locked that fool down get over it

b@llhog24
05-24-2012, 11:54 AM
The Spurs would've still won but a healthy Cp3 would've ripped the Spurs a new one at least 3 games.

pebloemer
05-24-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm really looking forward to the WCF.

Some great individual matchups and two excellent teams.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Spurs defense had something to do with his lack luster play... Cause he looked fine in games 3 & 4 tbh...
Doubtful, his game changed in the middle of the Grizz series, he injured his hip, groin and hand. Its the only explanation that a guy who usually has the ball on a string was suddenly unable to keep his dribble alive in simple situations and the lack of bounce in his step and jump were evident long before he started playing the Spurs.

The Spurs were smart but the injuries were the true story.

boolish
05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
very poorly written article. very thin. he was likely asked a question. what was the question Yahoo? he isn't just going to go up to a reporter and say that. pure garbage. no wonder Yahoo is doing terribly. what is the context yahoo. this is pure Filler suitable for the compost heap.

hail2skins4life
05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
it seems very un-spurs like. the spurs never talk **** before a series.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 11:59 AM
lol they still gonna give cp3 excuses, that ***** was atleast fine for games 3 and 4. spurs just locked that fool down get over it
LOL you still trying to pass this BS off as afact? LOL you didnt say anything the first time a I corrected you. I know what I saw, it wasnt the same dribbler and he lacked the same burst off the bounce. Even Pops and the announcers calling the game saw it.

And he didnt get locked down in G4. Your bias is showing

b@llhog24
05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/05/tony-parker-ready-to-attack-russell-westbrook/

This is the article here.

b@llhog24
05-24-2012, 12:03 PM
LOL you still trying to pass this BS off as afact? LOL you didnt say anything the first time a I corrected you. I know what I saw, it wasnt the same dribbler and he lacked the same burst off the bounce. Even Pops and the announcers calling the game saw it.

And he didnt get locked down in G4. Your bias is showing

You do realize you're trying to explain logic to a guy who believes he's a cartoon right?

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Doubtful, his game changed in the middle of the Grizz series, he injured his hip, groin and hand. Its the only explanation that a guy who usually has the ball on a string was suddenly unable to keep his dribble alive in simple situations and the lack of bounce in his step and jump were evident long before he started playing the Spurs.

Well no one wanted to hear that about the Spurs last year, so I'm probably still a little bitter about that :) But I see your point...

I know he wasn't 100% but he certainly looked better in games 3 & 4. But I also agree SA played him very well and did a good job of containing him.

If he is 100% it would probably have been a 5 game series, maybe 6 at most.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 12:05 PM
very poorly written article. very thin. he was likely asked a question. what was the question Yahoo? he isn't just going to go up to a reporter and say that. pure garbage. no wonder Yahoo is doing terribly. what is the context yahoo. this is pure Filler suitable for the compost heap.

:nod: I put a few posts back some more quotes from TP... Tryna stir the pot is what they're doing.

BobbyHillSwag
05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
You do realize you're trying to explain logic to a guy who believes he's a cartoon right?

what? man I aint tripping, me and connie going to the club tonight.

Carey
05-24-2012, 12:37 PM

Same thing i was thinking, and if so its a smart move by TP, as long as Russ keeps his gambling to a minimum and isnt lazy getting thru screens he'll be fine. I also think Sefolosha will see quite a few mins against Parker as well. I will say that i think it's much more likely that TP was just answering a question and that there was no motive behind the comment.

But on the other end your right they are gonna attack Parker, Russ will take every post opportunity he can get as well as any transition situation against a unset defense as times to score/create foul trouble for TP.

ManRam
05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Westbrook to TP: "You ain't faced someone like me either. Cool story, Tony"

CP3 is better than Russy...but he was hobbled and they are very different types of players. I could see Russy giving Tony fits. Plus, Russell is a really good defender too.

Should be a great individual match up

Stinkyoutsider
05-24-2012, 12:49 PM
It's a great move for Parker to make this sort of comment to a guy who plays off of his emotions. Rattle Westbrook and have him lose his focus.

Seems like typical Coach Pop and Spurs mind games. Beat the opponent before the game. But it's true in some ways. Parker is playing out of his mind right now.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Westbrook to TP: "You ain't faced someone like me either. Cool story, Tony"

CP3 is better than Russy...but he was hobbled and they are very different types of players. I could see Russy giving Tony fits. Plus, Russell is a really good defender too.

Should be a great individual match up

Meh... I don't know how much Tony will be on him. They'll likely throw Green on him as he's got more size I think. Just like with CP3 that was what a lot of the talk was about and it wasn't even a series dominated by the PG's, so I would not be surprised if this is a similar scenario.

Then again, WB is a different type of animal the CP3.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Meh... I don't know how much Tony will be on him. They'll likely throw Green on him as he's got more size I think. Just like with CP3 that was what a lot of the talk was about and it wasn't even a series dominated by the PG's, so I would not be surprised if this is a similar scenario.

Then again, WB is a different type of animal the CP3.

While Thabo is in the game I can see the Spurs doing that, but when Harden checks in TP is going to have to guard WB. The Thunder as a whole are different animal, its one thing to take on a team devastated by injuries, WB and his teammates are as healthy as you guys are. Its going to be a war, Spurs dont win without TP matching Westbrook.

BobbyHillSwag
05-24-2012, 03:17 PM
westbrook is not gonna give tp that much trouble, pop prob has an amazing gameplan for him. I think this is gonna be westbrook's worst series.

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 03:39 PM
While Thabo is in the game I can see the Spurs doing that, but when Harden checks in TP is going to have to guard WB. The Thunder as a whole are different animal, its one thing to take on a team devastated by injuries, WB and his teammates are as healthy as you guys are. Its going to be a war, Spurs dont win without TP matching Westbrook.

Well seeing as Parker has outproduced WB for their careers and are 8-1 against them in their last 9 meetings..I'll take those chances

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM

It goes both ways... The Thunder have not seen a team with this kind of depth and firepower either... That in itself means, TP doesn't necessarily have to go nuts or match Westbrook cause there's a bunch of other guys who can pick up the slack. I'm glad both squads are healthy, and TP will guard WB at times, but WB will also guard WB and if Manu is in, TP tends to run and move well without the ball, the offense is never stagnant. So both guys will get their moneys worth.

And seriously, were the Clippers really THAT devastated by injuries? I mean seriously that's all I keep hearing.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 04:12 PM
It goes both ways... The Thunder have not seen a team with this kind of depth and firepower either... That in itself means, TP doesn't necessarily have to go nuts or match Westbrook cause there's a bunch of other guys who can pick up the slack.
These were the #1 and #2 ranked Offenses all year and they have remained 1&2 in the playoffs. Both guys have support. The Spurs have rated higher during the regular season because of that depth+defense, but depth becomes less significant in the post season because the Thunder can get 42+ minutes out of Durant/WB so the dropoff from the bench isnt as profound. What the Spurs have going for them is Diaw has fit in like a glove so hes made the team better since he arrived. I like the Spurs chances if TP can outplay WB.

And seriously, were the Clippers really THAT devastated by injuries? I mean seriously that's all I keep hearing.

If it were the regular season, CP3, Butler, Blake wouldnt be playing, and thats on top of already missing Chauncey. From my point of view thats pretty significant.

LJEATON26
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Parkers just trying to play mind games since he knows Westbrook has been the best PG in the playoffs. Gonna be a hell of a series

Blitzbolt
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Mike Conley was taken to the Hospital after game 7 vs the Clipps with a bad virus or ZBO was at 70% for the whole series I could use that as an excuse but I rather give the Clipps the credit they deserve.

The injury card is for Ussies(with a P)Spurs fans use it the most don't be like them.Just take the lost and move on.

jiggin
05-24-2012, 04:25 PM
I like the talk heading into the series...but I have a feeling TP is going to have his hands full. Maybe deflecting the attention the other way is a way to take some of the pressure off of parker...but as amazing as it is, Westbrook has the upper hand in this matchup, IMO.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Mike Conley was taken to the Hospital after game 7 vs the Clipps with a bad virus or ZBO was at 70% for the whole series I could use that as an excuse but I rather give the Clipps the credit they deserve.

The injury card is for Ussies(with a P)Spurs fans use it the most don't be like them.Just take the lost and move on.

:laugh2: Then you bringing up Conley/Z-Bo....

I know we bring up injuries cause all everyone talks about is 8th seed upsetting a 1 seed last year. That's all you hear. Then when we sweep all we hear is oh the Clippers were hobbled and injured. It's a joke...

Blitzbolt
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
:laugh2: Then you bringing up Conley/Z-Bo....

I know we bring up injuries cause all everyone talks about is 8th seed upsetting a 1 seed last year. That's all you hear. Then when we sweep all we hear is oh the Clippers were hobbled and injured. It's a joke...

See now you know how I feel when you guys(Spur fans)keep crying about every single injury and Never give us credit we deserve last year.

And don't call it a JOKE because you have use the injury card like 100 time how lame.

My team had lots injury's but I won't cry or make excuses we lost because we suck injury's had nothing do with it.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 04:40 PM
See now you know how I feel when you guys(Spur fans)keep crying about every single injury and Never give us credit we deserve last year.

And don't call it a JOKE because you have use the injury card like 100 time how lame.

My team had lots injury's but I won't cry or make excuses we lost because we suck injury's had nothing do with it.

You guys won there's your credit!

My beef is all the talk about the Clips being injured... But that's not what anyone said last year. That's what I'm calling a Joke :facepalm:

The goods
05-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I like it and I can't wait to see it

Blitzbolt
05-24-2012, 04:49 PM

My beef is all the talk about the Clips being injured... But that's not what anyone said last year. That's what I'm calling a Joke :facepalm:

What!!Everyone talk about that last year the Media the fans EVERYONE the Clipper fans are doing the same team you did last year.

They use it as an excuse for next season but deep down they know injury's had nothing to do with it.And they say things like REVENGE or Lucky or it ''it won't happen again''

The only Joke here is you calling out the clipps fan when you basically did the same thing all year long.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 04:55 PM

lol those injuries arent as crippling, I would KILL to have Chauncey at 70%, hell I would take Chauncey at 50%. Conley was healthy longer than CP3, and who on your team played with a broken hand? Im not talking about minor injuries here.

The injury card (whatever that means) is for realists who want to account for all external factors. Im not going to let you tell me that injuries dont matter in sports.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 04:57 PM
What!!Everyone talk about that last year the Media the fans EVERYONE the Clipper fans are doing the same team you did last year.

They use it as an excuse for next season but deep down they know injury's had nothing to do with it.And they say things like REVENGE or Lucky or it ''it won't happen again''

The only Joke here is you calling out the clipps fan when you basically did the same thing all year long.

Wrong...

And the proof is there how a healthy Spurs team performs. I know CP3 & Blake looked pretty darn good in games 3/4.

And you been trolling the Spurs since last year LOL... Saying all this garbage. Like I said in another thread, you said the Jazz would take us to 7 games. It's hard to take anything you say serious at this point.

I really think they have a chance they are pretty big and if they attack Bonner/Splitter and Blair I think they could take the Spurs to 7.

Big Al is ZBO like dowlow.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 04:58 PM

LOL I said Manu was injured and Duncan was clearly hurt last year. Its why I didnt buy the notion that the Grizz had the Spurs number.

Dont know why you would have beef with someone pointing out facts. Its almost as if your assuming someone saying their team was injured implies we would have won. Im not saying we would have won, but you have to be an idiot to ignore the realities of the game, the same reality that Pops and announcers admitted existed.

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 04:59 PM

Usually when a #1 seed who has been the best all year goes down with injuries to two of their best 3 players and loses to an 8th seed (similar to the Bulls this year) of course a lot of it is due to injury. If Duncan wasn't playing on one leg and Manu didn't have a broken elbow we both know the Spurs win that series. Hats off to the Grizz for winning because wins are wins, but we both know the truth. Same way the Bulls would have crushed the Sixers if not for Rose/Noah getting hurt.

His point was that everyone keeps pointing out the injuries for the Clips (yes they were a little banged up) but almost no body says anything for the Spurs being injured last year.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Usually when a #1 seed who has been the best all year goes down with injuries to two of their best 3 players and loses to an 8th seed (similar to the Bulls this year) of course a lot of it is due to injury. If Duncan wasn't playing on one leg and Manu didn't have a broken elbow we both know the Spurs win that series. Hats off to the Grizz for winning because wins are wins, but we both know the truth. Same way the Bulls would have crushed the Sixers if not for Rose/Noah getting hurt.

His point was that everyone keeps pointing out the injuries for the Clips (yes they were a little banged up) but almost no body says anything for the Spurs being injured last year.
Alil banged up? LMFAO thats rich

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Alil banged up? LMFAO thats rich

Just my way of using words Chronz. Just didn't feel like typing the injuries

Blitzbolt
05-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Wrong...

And the proof is there how a healthy Spurs team performs. I know CP3 & Blake looked pretty darn good in games 3/4.

And you been trolling the Spurs since last year LOL... Saying all this garbage. Like I said in another thread, you said the Jazz would take us to 7 games. It's hard to take anything you say serious at this point.

I hate the Spurs because fans keep using the injury card.

Portland fans its annoying.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 05:08 PM
LOL I said Manu was injured and Duncan was clearly hurt last year. Its why I didnt buy the notion that the Grizz had the Spurs number.

Dont know why you would have beef with someone pointing out facts. Its almost as if your assuming someone saying their team was injured implies we would have won. Im not saying we would have won, but you have to be an idiot to ignore the realities of the game, the same reality that Pops and announcers admitted existed.

I didn't say you (or if I did my bad lol) but a lot of folks saying Spurs had it "easy" cause they had to play a "crippled" Clippers team. I think Chauncey would've made a huge difference actually and they probably would've been even higher seeded than they were. But they'd adjusted to play with out him, just as the Grizz did last year without Gay.

I understand they were banged up, but when people start thinking that's the only reason they won? I think they would've game-planned just the same , but the games would've been much closer. That's my only beef... I think with a healthy squad, Pop still would've out-coached VDN with his adjustments, and game planning, and execution.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 05:11 PM

Exactly... Last year in most peoples minds was:

the Spurs choked, they're done, windows closed, time to rebuild, only a regular season team (even this year same things were said). etc...

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
I hate the Spurs because fans keep using the injury card.

Portland fans its annoying.

So the Bulls aren't going to be allowed to use the injury card even though it's clear they would have won that series if their best players hadn't gone down?

Imagine if the Grizzlies had the best record/#1 seed in the NBA and right before the playoffs two of your best 3 players went down and lost to an inferior team, you wouldn't feel injuries played apart of that? You would think if your team was fully healthy you wouldn't be able to beat that 8th seed?

Blitzbolt
05-24-2012, 05:12 PM

So Zbo played at 70% and he is our best player.Darell Author our 6 man did not played at all our back up PG Pargo was also out due to injury.

So if they play at 100% we would have sweep you guys 4-0

^are you happy with that???Making what if excuses that might not be true??

Its 5 vs 5 if you get beat injury's or not just shut UP and take it like a man.Don't cry about it like a little girl.

Blitzbolt
05-24-2012, 05:19 PM

Totally different.

Grizz tank the 6th seat.
And the media did talk about the injury's even more then the clipps this year maybe since you are a spurs fan you did not see it.

Also PLZ go and look at the Grizzlies injury report last year you act like we had no injury's either.

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Totally different.

Grizz tank the 6th seat.
And the media did talk about the injury's even more then the clipps this year maybe since you are a spurs fan you did not see it.

Also PLZ go and look at the Grizzlies injury report last year you act like we had no injury's either.

I'm just trying to get you to see us Spurs fans logic when we are the #1 seed and had been the best team all year along with the Bulls. Fwiw you guys play better without Rudy Gay, I don't know who else was injured.

I mean I'm not going to lie I thought we would still win even though we had those injuries, but we didn't which showed that the Grizzlies were better than expected but also that the injuries really did hurt us more then expected.

Blitzbolt
05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm just trying to get you to see us Spurs fans logic when we are the #1 seed and had been the best team all year along with the Bulls. Fwiw you guys play better without Rudy Gay, I don't know who else was injured.

I mean I'm not going to lie I thought we would still win even though we had those injuries, but we didn't which showed that the Grizzlies were better than expected but also that the injuries really did hurt us more then expected.Sigh the You play better without Rudy Gay excuse
Before the gay injury the team was at its best both ZBO and Gay where getting 20+ but I don't blame you since no one was watching.

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Sigh the You play better without Rudy Gay excuse
Before the gay injury the team was at its best both ZBO and Gay where getting 20+ but I don't blame you since no one was watching.

Well maybe against other team but us, but every time I've seen the Grizzlies play I think they play better without him since they actually focus on getting it inside more instead of going through him. Just my opinion though. Trust me I would much rather the Grizzlies play through him instead of getting it downlow and playing inside out.

Chronz
05-24-2012, 06:38 PM
So Zbo played at 70% and he is our best player.Darell Author our 6 man did not played at all our back up PG Pargo was also out due to injury.

So if they play at 100% we would have sweep you guys 4-0

^are you happy with that???Making what if excuses that might not be true??

Its 5 vs 5 if you get beat injury's or not just shut UP and take it like a man.Don't cry about it like a little girl.
LOL Pargo? WOW what a huge loss.

If you were 100% and we were 100%, we wouldve found a way to win a series in 2 games, what now?

Again, your injuries were not as crippling, you still had the better team and we still won. Dont blame injuries blame your choke job.

kdspurman
05-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Found this as well, I think both these teams will notice the level of play go up. Not just SA.

"Side note: Those who argue that the Thunder's romp past the Mavs and Lakers was far more impressive need to look at the standings instead of the jerseys. Dallas and Utah had the same record; the Lakers edged the Clippers by a game.)"

Blitzbolt
05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
LOL Pargo? WOW what a huge loss.

If you were 100% and we were 100%, we wouldve found a way to win a series in 2 games, what now?

Again, your injuries were not as crippling, you still had the better team and we still won. Dont blame injuries blame your choke job.

OMG your one of dumbest posters here plz read all my other post I HATE THE INJURY CARD with a passion that post was an example to show you how STUPID people(you) sound when they use it.

I take the lost and our choke job like a man I won't cry over injury's like a little Girl.

BobbyHillSwag
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
OMG your one of dumbest posters here plz read all my other post I HATE THE INJURY CARD with a passion that post was an example to show you how STUPID people(you) sound when they use it.

I take the lost and our choke job like a man I won't cry over injury's like a little Girl.

Dont mind him, all he does is use the injury card for overrated players. He's just an excuse maker.

Chronz
05-25-2012, 01:17 PM

You have only succeeded in sounding like a child, you can ignore extenuating factors if you wish but Im a realist, I know injuries matter in sports.

Chronz
05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Found this as well, I think both these teams will notice the level of play go up. Not just SA.

"Side note: Those who argue that the Thunder's romp past the Mavs and Lakers was far more impressive need to look at the standings instead of the jerseys. Dallas and Utah had the same record; the Lakers edged the Clippers by a game.)"
Look at the makeup and health of the teams. I actually think the 2 LA teams were facing the matchups they would rather exchange, LAC wouldve done better vs OKC and LAL wouldve done better against SAS. Either way Im more impressed by OKC defeating a healthy LA team than SAS defeating a SIGNIFICANTLY depleted LA team.

Still both teams are the best 2 teams, dont know why you would think their competition up to this point has been anything close to equal.

Chronz
05-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Dont mind him, all he does is use the injury card for overrated players. He's just an excuse maker.
When the excuses are justified of course, why wouldnt I state facts?

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-25-2012, 01:33 PM
I have a lot of admiration for their team. But they're not as offensively balanced. Westbrook to get his has to take a lot of shots. He's not going to be easy to defend but he's going to have a headache dealing with TP every game. Look at the last time they played TP blew by him and Westy couldn't defend the pick and roll a lick. I'm really not as scared of him at all. Durant is Durant. I still stick by my thoughts and say 5 games.

Blitzbolt
05-25-2012, 01:34 PM
When the excuses are justified of course, why wouldnt I state facts?

Portland fans cry less then you and they actually have a reason to cry.

Chronz
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Portland fans cry less then you and they actually have a reason to cry.
Only in the eyes of a child is someone stating a FACT taken in as crying. Sorry but Im not going to take your word at face value, EVER. Your not the authority on these matters

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Also this series needs to get going. The East conference finals are so pointless. Lebron and Wade, yawn. Boston vs Philly has been boring on the edge of sleep.

Blitzbolt
05-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Also this series needs to get going. The East conference finals are so pointless. Lebron and Wade, yawn. Boston vs Philly has been boring on the edge of sleep.

Really a Spurs fan talking about how boring other teams are that's a first.

BobbyHillSwag
05-25-2012, 02:03 PM
spurs arent boring, tim duncan and parker are exciting, def duncan omg his post moves give straight males orgasms

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Really a Spurs fan talking about how boring other teams are that's a first.

Do you watch Spurs basketball. In 2003 the Spurs were boring slow paced defensive always team. The 2012 Spurs are about transition, basketball movement and passing. Get a clue. LMAO, at a clueless fan quoting "boring".

kdspurman
05-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Do you watch Spurs basketball. In 2003 the Spurs were boring slow paced defensive always team. The 2012 Spurs are about transition, basketball movement and passing. Get a clue. LMAO, at a clueless fan quoting "boring".

That dude is so bitter for some reason. He's been spitting some reckless stuff on here lately to everyone

kdspurman
05-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Look at the makeup and health of the teams. I actually think the 2 LA teams were facing the matchups they would rather exchange, LAC wouldve done better vs OKC and LAL wouldve done better against SAS. Either way Im more impressed by OKC defeating a healthy LA team than SAS defeating a SIGNIFICANTLY depleted LA team.

Still both teams are the best 2 teams, dont know why you would think their competition up to this point has been anything close to equal.

OKC's toughest matchup was LA. I think the competition there was definitely greater than ours, no doubt. But Dallas? This is not Dallas of last year...

Chronz
05-25-2012, 02:50 PM
OKC's toughest matchup was LA. I think the competition there was definitely greater than ours, no doubt. But Dallas? This is not Dallas of last year...

Dallas vs Utah?

kdspurman
05-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Dallas vs Utah?

This year? I just don't think there was much of a difference. I think we're looking at the Jersey and the name rather than what actually transpired this year. Both teams were on the brink of missing the playoffs towards the end

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-25-2012, 05:47 PM

The last two regular season games which were important the Lakers got blown out by San Antonio for all the size the Lakers have that really wouldn't have factored in. Kobe Bryant at 34 is an amazing off ball and permiter defender but he's not going to be able to guard Parker, Green, Kawhi and then also Ginobilli all being open on rotation patterns out of subset pick and roll offense. Parker would own Ramon Sessions. Just like in this series he will eat Westbrook up and spit him out. An affable prediction but Pau Gasol was worthless against OKC.

Chronz
05-25-2012, 06:23 PM
This year? I just don't think there was much of a difference. I think we're looking at the Jersey and the name rather than what actually transpired this year. Both teams were on the brink of missing the playoffs towards the end

True

Chronz
05-25-2012, 06:25 PM
The last two regular season games which were important the Lakers got blown out by San Antonio for all the size the Lakers have that really wouldn't have factored in. Kobe Bryant at 34 is an amazing off ball and permiter defender but he's not going to be able to guard Parker, Green, Kawhi and then also Ginobilli all being open on rotation patterns out of subset pick and roll offense. Parker would own Ramon Sessions. Just like in this series he will eat Westbrook up and spit him out. An affable prediction but Pau Gasol was worthless against OKC.
Yea but they were also one of the last teams to beat San Antonio and they did it without Kobe. In terms of matchups the Lakers wouldve given SAS much bigger fits. I think we all know how they have fared in the past against each other and most Spurs fans Ive talked to agreed, that LAL was one of its biggest threats.

kdspurman
05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Yea but they were also one of the last teams to beat San Antonio and they did it without Kobe. In terms of matchups the Lakers wouldve given SAS much bigger fits. I think we all know how they have fared in the past against each other and most Spurs fans Ive talked to agreed, that LAL was one of its biggest threats.

Personally, I'm glad we avoided them...

BobbyHillSwag
05-25-2012, 07:54 PM
no doubt, I think lakers would of been a tougher matchup than okc. I dont think spurs are gonna have too much trouble with okc though.

FaM0us Skins
05-25-2012, 10:06 PM

The Hornets is a boring team :)

TopsyTurvy
05-25-2012, 10:09 PM
I am more worried about Westbrook guarding Parker than Parker guarding Westbrook. The Spurs have the front court to give OKC a problem and if Westbrook is a turnstyle, Ibaka will end up in foul trouble.

Soonerule
05-26-2012, 11:55 AM
I am more worried about Westbrook guarding Parker than Parker guarding Westbrook. The Spurs have the front court to give OKC a problem and if Westbrook is a turnstyle, Ibaka will end up in foul trouble.

What I find interesting in this Westbrook/Parker debate is in the 3 games the teams played this year Parker scored 78 points and Westbrook scored 77

DR_1
05-26-2012, 12:07 PM
So pumped for this series!

LJEATON26
05-26-2012, 12:19 PM

I'm not worried about any of the player match ups. OkC can match up with most teams pretty well and can play big or little. They thing I'm worried about is the coaching match up. We will definately find out how good of a coach Brooks has become.

Sly Guy
05-26-2012, 02:25 PM

I think so too. Tony's trying to get under his skin, make it personal, make westbrook think of his own numbers more than the team's success.....I doubt it'll work this year, but hey, worth a shot.

JordansBulls
05-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Would Brooks allow Westbrook to post up Parker in this series much?

Joshtd1
05-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Would Brooks allow Westbrook to post up Parker in this series much?

I would pray for that since Westbrook that isn't a strength of his and doesn't do it much.

3ballbomber
05-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Westbrooke can be a real knuckle head and this may be the player that the Spurs want to come out in this series. The more shots he takes away from everybody else (especially Durant) helps Spurs by having him beat the Thunder on his own. Parker isn't usually the braggadocio type so this may be the motive behind his outburst. Smart if you ask me.

Wade>You
05-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Didn't think it would work, but Westbrook was 7-21 with 5ast/4to. Durant with 19 FGAs, but he only made 8.

That's a lot of extra possessions if you're San Antonio.

Parker gave a lot of it right back, though. 6-15 6ast/4to.

JordansBulls
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Parker has been blowing by Westbrook this series thus far.

Becks2307
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
lol Parker wasn't kidding, he is so savy

RaiderLakersA's
05-30-2012, 11:32 AM
So far, so good. I was expecting this series to make the Finals anticlimactic. If OKC doesn't get their heads on straight and soon, I will be wrong about that.

xbrackattackx
05-30-2012, 12:38 PM
So far, so good. I was expecting this series to make the Finals anticlimactic. If OKC doesn't get their heads on straight and soon, I will be wrong about that.

Agreed, thought it would be a buzzer beater series like the lakers one. Spurs are so much better then I thought. Parker is saying he is not done at all.

Soonerule
06-05-2012, 02:46 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/russell_westbrook/

player compare tool right there on the page, it's a wash with Russ slightly up,

as I originally said, if the goal was to get into Russ's head, he succeeded! I loved it! Thanks Tony...

JordansBulls
06-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Westbrook has been coming back on Parker now.

Joshtd1
06-05-2012, 06:17 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/russell_westbrook/

player compare tool right there on the page, it's a wash with Russ slightly up,

as I originally said, if the goal was to get into Russ's head, he succeeded! I loved it! Thanks Tony...

You're happy with a guy that averaging 17 PPG on 35% shooting? Or sarcasm?

poleandreel
06-05-2012, 06:48 PM
You're happy with a guy that averaging 17 PPG on 35% shooting? Or sarcasm?

Last 2 games: 9 assists and 12 assists.
Last game: clutch dagger jumper to silence an 11-0 run. Not to mention the 2 layups he had to extend the lead to 5 in the closing minutes.
Last 2 games: amazing 1 on 1 defense and hustle plays. Offensive rebounding.

phoenix_bladen
06-07-2012, 06:04 PM
lol

well i guess westbrook now has and won too

although he didn't exactly play amazing though