PDA

View Full Version : Question on METTA WORLD PEACE FOR LAKER FANS !!!

360HIGHLIGHTS
05-22-2012, 10:24 PM
What is your opinion on Metta "Ron Artest" World Peace keep him, trade him or should Lakers amnesty him? As a laker fan I WANT TO KEEP HIM for next season and try to trade Bynum and Pau. What chu guys think?

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
He ain't a punk, I could tell you that. If 48 year old juwan Howard were to come up to his face, ron would beat the ***** outta him. I would want him on my team

shep33
05-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I know he has his checkered past, but I love him. I would say that he might be my favorite Laker. Yeah, he's not what he was offensively, but he plays hard all the time. He ain't no punk either, he'll stand up for his teammates

Mr_Jones
05-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Keep him. He should be a back-up, but he's still valuable to have. Cows have milk.

boolish
05-22-2012, 10:40 PM
he's very entertaining. keep him. but realize his best basketball is behind him.

b@llhog24
05-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Lol if you wanted predominantly Laker fans to answer, why didn't you just post this in the Lakers forum?

DaLakerz Rulz
05-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Aside from Kobe, he is the only Laker who is not afraid of the moment and gives 100% every game, every play. I would not get rid of him, given how hard it is for the Lakers FO to sign players that actually want to win...

Lakeshow24KB
05-22-2012, 10:58 PM
I love my boy Metta

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-22-2012, 11:02 PM
I'd want him as a backup. We need a starting 3 who is athletic.

#comebacktrevorariza!!!

llemon
05-22-2012, 11:04 PM
He ain't a punk, I could tell you that. If 48 year old juwan Howard were to come up to his face, ron would beat the ***** outta him. I would want him on my team

And your team is?

Cal827
05-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Keep him. Lose Gaslol.. Start a line-up of:

Blake
Bryant
World Peace
Mcroberts
Bynum

Ultimate troll line-up:D

Chacarron
05-22-2012, 11:08 PM
I'd want him as a backup. We need a starting 3 who is athletic.

#comebacktrevorariza!!!

Why are you jacking my style man? :D

To answer the OP, I would like to keep him. He can still provide some defense.

360HIGHLIGHTS
05-22-2012, 11:10 PM
I agree to all of you the Lakers should keep him. Hope lakers will get an allstar point guard upgrade to Session and get Howard from Magic!!! thatll be crazy if we get DWill and Howard for Pau and Bynum and some future pick or watever. hehe =D

360HIGHLIGHTS
05-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks guys..now i know that we Laker fans still want him and love him in purple and gold. He can still provide good defense!!!!!

BradfordIsElite
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
It depends which MWP/Ron Artest we get. Being that he's a lunatic and having the whole off season ahead of him, only the lord may know what kind of approach he takes for next season. I don't wanna see last years MWP or the effort he was putting in the beginning of this season, he couldn't shoot and he wasn't playing at the same energy on defense, his production significantly dropped all together. I was however very pleased when I saw him start to slim down and take the game more seriously later on in the season. He finally became motivated and it definitely showed. His scoring and defensive presence had become a key factor for us again.. if he can somehow manage to maintain his weight and stay in the shape he's in now, I'll gladly take him back whether starter or key reserve. He serves as a huge piece in what this team could eventually build back into a title contender. I do not believe MWP was to blame at all for our performances againt OKC.

360HIGHLIGHTS
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Lol if you wanted predominantly Laker fans to answer, why didn't you just post this in the Lakers forum?

Mah bad man. Im new to this forum...i mean not new new coz i go here everyday and read but the writting stuff and making threads..i tried it but can't find the tools for Lakers Forum to make a thread!!! hehe ill be more happy if you tell me where =D!!!

Lakers + Giants
05-22-2012, 11:27 PM
He wasn't one of the reasons we lost. Apart from kobe, he's probably the only player I want back next year. Maybe not as our starter, but we're gonna have to deal with it.

kblo247
05-22-2012, 11:30 PM
He would be an excellent 6th man with his current shape and health. Likewise the team needs to let him backup both Kobe and the sf spot while getting 30 minutes over that half *** sixth man role he had with 15-25 minutes which it is impossible to get a feel at.

I will say that besides Kobe, Ron plays the hardest night in and night out. He also is the one guy beside Kobe willing to take any big shot. He is the kind of guy you want setting a hard work example or reinforcing it like Fisher did, over having voices like Pau and Andrew. He is also a really good guy and teammates love him.

Would take him back solely for the fact he can instill a mentality which is what the team needed with Fish and Lamar gone, as Andrew and Pau don't have the mindset or respect of others as leaders

StickyGreenFan
05-23-2012, 02:43 AM
you DONT trade bynum AND gasol thats ********. bynum was arguably best center in the league this year with howard being injured. i think his problem is way too many minutes and having to keep up with a quick team like thunder. every ****ing possession theyre sprinting full speed down the court. anyway, bring back artest and bynum, and i personally like sessions, barnes, ebanks, and hill. everyone else can kick rocks

b@llhog24
05-23-2012, 05:25 AM
Mah bad man. Im new to this forum...i mean not new new coz i go here everyday and read but the writting stuff and making threads..i tried it but can't find the tools for Lakers Forum to make a thread!!! hehe ill be more happy if you tell me where =D!!!

Lol nah its cool. Sorry if I came of like a prick though. Here's the link.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Evolution23
05-23-2012, 05:45 AM
Queens bridge baby ya already knaaaaaow!

Wade>You
05-23-2012, 05:56 AM
He ain't a punk, I could tell you that. If 48 year old juwan Howard were to come up to his face, ron would beat the ***** outta him. I would want him on my teamPent up aggression? Where did Juwan Howard come into this discussion.

ldawg
05-23-2012, 06:16 AM
I would keep him but off the bench

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-23-2012, 06:21 AM
One of my favourite lakers, plays hard every game...of course I would keep him.

Avenged
05-23-2012, 09:18 AM

Exactly this. Ask this in the Lakers forum.