PDA

View Full Version : Sixers/Pacers

More-Than-Most
05-22-2012, 10:17 PM
2 moves that could put both the sixers/Pacers on the level of the heat/celtics as soon as next year? You get 2 moves for both teams and please make them within reason.

I am actually curious because both teams are young and both teams have surprised people and both teams seem 1 or 2 pieces away from being actual contenders...I Did not add the bulls because of the ? mark that is rose so please do not take offense

Ezio
05-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Pacers sign Steve Nash.
6ers need to resign Lou Williams.

You don't think that the Bulls are on the Heat/C's level? :laugh:

GoPacers33
05-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Pacers sign Steve Nash.

He said that he didn't put the Bulls cuz of Roses injury

More-Than-Most
05-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Pacers sign Steve Nash.

Not with the question Mark to rose. He might not even play next year not to mention if he does how much will that effect his game...If he comes back the player he was I have them as the best in the east in my opinion or at least neck and neck with the heat... Rose is a huge question mark and if your asking do I think they are on their level without rose the honest answer is no...Not when it comes to head to head in the playoffs.

Ezio
05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
If they sign a better back up PG that doesn't play behind the 3pt line then I do think that they have a chance.

Rose will be back after the ASG.

Sinestro
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Pacers need to sign Steve Nash, 76ers should trade for a star

b@llhog24
05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Sign Eric Gordon. Both teams could use an upgrade at shooting guard.

kingkenny01
05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I think the pacers are better than the celtics now

Sportfan
05-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Sixers-Iggy Meeks Hawes 1st for Brandon Jennings Moute and Ilyasova
Lou Will for Wes Matthews
Sixers with a strong 9 man rotation with Jennings and Iggy sharing the backcourt roles (Jennings scores, Jrue guards best defender) Wes shooting 3's off the bench Turner across the wing giving him more freedom to handle the ball like he did at OSU, Moute playing Iggy's role as lockdown defender Thad plays as combo forward, Ilyasova/Brand/Vuc is a really nice frontcourt with Ily's rebounding, Brand's defense and Vuc's jump shot. Idk if its a better team but it would be a matchup killer!!! They would be my darkhorse team for sure!

Jennings/Turner/Moute/Brand/Vuc
Jrue/Wes/Thad/Ilyasova
damn I really like that team actually

Alayla
05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Sixers with a strong 9 man rotation with Jennings and Iggy sharing the backcourt roles (Jennings scores, Jrue guards best defender) Wes shooting 3's off the bench Turner across the wing giving him more freedom to handle the ball like he did at OSU, Moute playing Iggy's role as lockdown defender Thad plays as combo forward, Ilyasova/Brand/Vuc is a really nice frontcourt with Ily's rebounding, Brand's defense and Vuc's jump shot. Idk if its a better team but it would be a matchup killer!!! They would be my darkhorse team for sure!

Jrue/Wes/Thad/Ilyasova

EW gross no thank you to both monte and jennings thats an awfull idea

Pierzynski4Prez
05-24-2012, 11:08 AM

Jrue/Wes/Thad/Ilyasova

I think you just made the 76ers worse.

IndyRealist
05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Pacers: George Hill has been really good since he took the starting PG role, I don't know that I'd sign Nash if Hill is coming back (RFA). The problem with them is that they have a lot of role players on the 2nd unit and no clear 6th man, a clear offensive option. Someone different steps up each game, but if no one does then it's a long night for the Pacers. They acquired Leandro Barbosa for that role, but obviously that's had mixed results. They have a defense first team that doesn't score very well at all.

1) Resign our players. George Hill and Roy Hibbert are priorities.
2) Trade Tyler Hansbrough, and 2 first round picks for one of David Lee, Al Jefferson, or Amare Stoudamire. One of those three should be available in a salary dump and the Pacers can absorb the salary. That would give us a fantastic post scoring 3 man rotation of Hibbert, West, and the third guy, with some Lou Amundson thrown in. Lee, Al and Amare have all had to be the sole post threat on their teams, and sharing the load as the Pacers do will make it much easier on them. And they might even play a bit of D.

marvILLous
05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Pacers: George Hill has been really good since he took the starting PG role, I don't know that I'd sign Nash if Hill is coming back (RFA). The problem with them is that they have a lot of role players on the 2nd unit and no clear 6th man, a clear offensive option. Someone different steps up each game, but if no one does then it's a long night for the Pacers. They acquired Leandro Barbosa for that role, but obviously that's had mixed results. They have a defense first team that doesn't score very well at all.

1) Resign our players. George Hill and Roy Hibbert are priorities.
2) Trade Tyler Hansbrough, and 2 first round picks for one of David Lee, Al Jefferson, or Amare Stoudamire. One of those three should be available in a salary dump and the Pacers can absorb the salary. That would give us a fantastic post scoring 3 man rotation of Hibbert, West, and the third guy, with some Lou Amundson thrown in. Lee, Al and Amare have all had to be the sole post threat on their teams, and sharing the load as the Pacers do will make it much easier on them. And they might even play a bit of D.

Wow this guy rather have hill over nash?? Sign Nash as ur starting pg and hill can be the 6th man u said the pacers desperately need

Nash would make this team so effective offensively

Brink182
05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Pacers sign either Steve Nash or Deron Williams and then maybe this trade? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6n7noel

76ers: Maybe trade Brand and Iggy for Deng and Boozer? They need quite a bit to contend.

Gibby23
05-24-2012, 12:25 PM
2 moves that could put both the sixers/Pacers on the level of the heat/celtics as soon as next year? You get 2 moves for both teams and please make them within reason.

I am actually curious because both teams are young and both teams have surprised people and both teams seem 1 or 2 pieces away from being actual contenders...I Did not add the bulls because of the ? mark that is rose so please do not take offense

The Sixers didn't surprise anyone. They were the 8th seed, and barley got that. They got lucky in the 1st round because Rose was hurt, but lets not pretend that they are close to the young up and coming Pacers team.

Pacerlive
05-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Wow this guy rather have hill over nash?? Sign Nash as ur starting pg and hill can be the 6th man u said the pacers desperately need

YA he doesn't speak for most Pacer fans although what he is proposing is realistic IMO.

Hill is not the answer at point plan and simple. His best role would be the 6th man off the bench ala Jason Terry.

The real problem the Pacers will be facing is that they need a true set up man like Nash. Someone to help the Pacer players get an easy look at the basket. Right now they simply have a hard time feeding the post and the Heat and the Magic have put a blue print on how to stop the Pacers low post game.

The only reason not to go after Nash is age related. He isn't a long term answer but he could be a good option for 2 years and tradeable on the third IMO. Couple that with a draft pick and grooming the kid to take over and I can see a net positive from a Nash signing..

The other pg I could see the Pacers making a run at is Dragic. He would be an upgrade but him alone is not enough IMO to make a run. The Pacers would have to go after another player possibly a closer (did I mention Jason Terry)?

The only other signing the Pacer could do is to get a guy who can get his own shot. Its less realistic but Eric Gordon would be ideal in a Pacers uni but given his injury concerns the cost/risk could be too high for Bird.

Heatcheck
05-24-2012, 01:00 PM
why does everyone want nash on indiana. George hill does a great job a pg and can shoot his *** off, you can start him or collison.

They need a big time scorer and for hibbert to improve on that one move he has and they'll be fine.

The sixers if anything could use nash to set up the offense and keep all those swingmen they have involved. plus he's a calming influence, that last game they lost to Bos, they were trying to hard to make tough passes and ended up blowing it.

Heatcheck
05-24-2012, 01:04 PM
YA he doesn't speak for most Pacer fans although what he is proposing is realistic IMO.

Hill is not the answer at point plan and simple. His best role would be the 6th man off the bench ala Jason Terry.

The real problem the Pacers will be facing is that they need a true set up man like Nash. Someone to help the Pacer players get an easy look at the basket. Right now they simply have a hard time feeding the post and the Heat and the Magic have put a blue print on how to stop the Pacers low post game.

The only reason not to go after Nash is age related. He isn't a long term answer but he could be a good option for 2 years and tradeable on the third IMO. Couple that with a draft pick and grooming the kid to take over and I can see a net positive from a Nash signing..

The other pg I could see the Pacers making a run at is Dragic. He would be an upgrade but him alone is not enough IMO to make a run. The Pacers would have to go after another player possibly a closer (did I mention Jason Terry)?

The only other signing the Pacer could do is to get a guy who can get his own shot. Its less realistic but Eric Gordon would be ideal in a Pacers uni but given his injury concerns the cost/risk could be too high for Bird.

Let the home town kid develop, his foundation is solid coming from SA and can be a long term solution.

2-ONE-5
05-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Jrue/Wes/Thad/Ilyasova

hah that team isnt any better then what we have now

Gram
05-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Jrue/Wes/Thad/Ilyasova

You have him traded to Milwaukee - and still on Philly.

Pacerlive
05-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Let the home town kid develop, his foundation is solid coming from SA and can be a long term solution.

With a team full of guys who can't create for themselves the Pacers need a pg who can get 9 to 10 assist a game. Hill can't because he's not much of pg even since his college days.

He is a good player but on a championship type team he isn't a starting quality pg.

IndyRealist
05-24-2012, 07:53 PM

Of course I'd rather have Nash. But I'd rather spend that $10M on a third big who can score and rebound. Because our backup bigs have been horrible.

Hellcrooner
05-25-2012, 04:50 AM
both should call nash agent AND the lakers to inquiry bout lakers bigs, they both could use one of them.

More-Than-Most
05-25-2012, 05:58 AM
The Sixers didn't surprise anyone. They were the 8th seed, and barley got that. They got lucky in the 1st round because Rose was hurt, but lets not pretend that they are close to the young up and coming Pacers team.

you do realize the sixers are young as well right? Younger in fact if I am not mistaken... Also we beat a bulls team without rose...Who did the pacers beat????????????????????????????? Lol didn't they beat an Orlando team without HOWARD? We are currently taking the celtics to a 7th game...Where are the pacers???? I was not comparing them against one another but we can if you would like?

Sly Guy
05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't know about the sixers, but the one move I'd be looking to do if I were the pacers would be to hire the best, most proven big man coach there is.

A guy like hibbert has all the potential in the world, he's solid now, but I'd like to see him a little more fluid, a little more solid, and a little more confident in the post. A guy with his size could be an unstoppable force down there, and although decent playing there now, I still think with a little improvement he could be another patrick ewing type center.

PhillyFinezt
05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
76ers
1. Amnesty Elton Brand
2. Sign a star/proven scorer or Roy Hibbert

PhillyFaninLA
05-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Best thing for the Sixers is more experience, Holiday and Turner can be stars and have shown flashes of it, Lavoy Allen could be a nice second round pick and be a solid starter.

If I'm the Sixers I make 2 moves (I know it said 1 but I think it needs 2). They trade Iggy for a first rounder this year and expiring contracts only, then amnesty Brand, that gives you about $35 - $40 mil in cap space next offseason and gives you 2 first round picks this year.

Like the Sixers the Pacers need more experience, I agree with those that said get Nash but also get a young PG for Nash to teach.

Its realstic to say if the current rosters stay together for both teams and develop properly they could be the class of the east for a long time.

PhillyFaninLA
05-26-2012, 06:02 AM

Jrue/Wes/Thad/Ilyasova

Hawes is going to be a free agent so this deal can't happen.