PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sloan interested in Magic & Bobcats Coaching Job

NYCkid12
05-22-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/05/22/12/Jerry-Sloan-interested-in-Magic-coaching/landing_magic.html?blockID=733556&feedID=10140

Thoughts??

Id love to see him in Orlando, maybe the most under appreciated coach ever.

Btw if already thread delete it

ESPN article: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7962438/ex-utah-jazz-coach-jerry-sloan-eyes-charlotte-bobcats-orlando-magic-jobs

xbrackattackx
05-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Would be a nice fit!

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-22-2012, 09:06 PM
That would be a great hire, someone Dwight would respect.

homestarunner93
05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
You forgot to mention he's also interested in the Bobcats job...

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Dwight had problems with SVG,he wouldn't last 1 day with Sloan.If the Magic keep Dwight they need to hire a player's coach like Shaw or Mcmillan.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Trade Dwight and bring in Sloan

CB29
05-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Other than the spurs with pop, any other team would upgrade their coach if they hired sloan... If any team can bring him in, then they really shouldn't hesitate.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Bring in Sloan and trade Dwight Howard please and thank you

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 09:31 PM
he needs a PG, if they got nash...wow

JordansBulls
05-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Nash to Orlando with Dwight and Sloan would be nasty.

SpaceJamJordans
05-23-2012, 12:43 AM
He should go to the Clippers :D

eibbor
05-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Any team Sloan goes to would be lucky.

Chill_Will_24
05-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Nash to Orlando with Dwight and Sloan would be nasty.

This would be my second choice scenario after the obvious Dwight to Brooklyn. Sloan is an incredible coach that gets the respect of his players

Shammyguy3
05-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Other than the spurs with pop, any other team would upgrade their coach if they hired sloan... If any team can bring him in, then they really shouldn't hesitate.

I'd include Chicago with Thibs and Boston with Rivers in that group personally

b@llhog24
05-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Sloan and Dwight? :puke:

THE MTL
05-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Sloan and Dwight aint working. I would love Sloan in NYC. Bringing a true structured system to the Knicks.

MagicHero3
05-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Dwight had problems with SVG,he wouldn't last 1 day with Sloan.If the Magic keep Dwight they need to hire a player's coach like Shaw or Mcmillan.

lol no way. Dwight will have to respect Sloan, those other guys will just yield to whatever Dwight wants.

WadeCounty
05-23-2012, 09:10 AM
i want him on the heat :cry:

king2218
05-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Dwight Howard with Sloan & Steve Nash would be nasty. With Jameer opting out & ORL most likely not picking up J.J. option year, ORL would have enough cap for Nash. Then they can possibly re-sign J.J for a cheaper price.

b_russ
05-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Didn't Sloan quit because he was sick of dealing with the player's league and D-Will wasn't running the plays he was calling? Orlando seems like the wrong place with Howard's ego.

king4day
05-23-2012, 09:32 AM
You forgot to mention he's also interested in the Bobcats job...

I just updated the thread title. The ESPN article makes it sound like he's more interested in the Charlotte job and simply intrigued by the Magic job.

MagicHero3
05-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Didn't Sloan quit because he was sick of dealing with the player's league and D-Will wasn't running the plays he was calling? Orlando seems like the wrong place with Howard's ego.

people dont realize that Dwight is soft. he really is. he's still got the maturity of an 18 yr old. If a respectful, proven, strong figure who wont yield to his requests comes in and teaches him the right attitude, I think he'll obey. i hope the magic dont hire a first-time head coach. that would be a disaster.

king2218
05-23-2012, 09:45 AM
people dont realize that Dwight is soft. he really is. he's still got the maturity of an 18 yr old. If a respectful, proven, strong figure who wont yield to his requests comes in and teaches him the right attitude, I think he'll obey. i hope the magic dont hire a first-time head coach. that would be a disaster.

Only way I see the Magic hiring a first time head coach is if Howard is traded. No way they can bring in a Brian Shaw & expect Howard to respect him. Jerry Sloan, Dwight Howard & Nash/Lin would be a great fit. Possibly Lin since he's younger.

b_russ
05-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Maybe you're right. Anyway, Sloan could make a lot of teams incredibly better if the team will play into is system.

Just look at some former Jazz members, Shandon Anderson, Howard Eisley, Greg Ostertag, Bryon Russell for example. He makes role players shine because he teaches team ball.

Baller1
05-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Noooo, come to OKC.

Losoway
05-23-2012, 03:07 PM
why would dwight care who is coaching the magics ...he coming to brooklyn

book it !

Raph12
05-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Would Sloan still want Orlando without Dwight? If so, sign him up DAMN IT!

JasonJohnHorn
05-23-2012, 04:36 PM
What would Sloan do with the Bobcats? I mean... they have nothing to work with there. And Orlando? Dwight is going to be traded and then what? There will, again, be nothing to work with.

I'd rather see Sloan retire than waste his talents on either of those teams. And even if Dwight stays in Orlando, its not like Sloan can run the pick-and-roll with him, Howard has the range of a yard stick.

TrueFan420
05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
What the hell does he want with the bobcats?

homestarunner93
05-23-2012, 05:02 PM
What would Sloan do with the Bobcats? I mean... they have nothing to work with there. And Orlando? Dwight is going to be traded and then what? There will, again, be nothing to work with.

I'd rather see Sloan retire than waste his talents on either of those teams. And even if Dwight stays in Orlando, its not like Sloan can run the pick-and-roll with him, Howard has the range of a yard stick.

What the hell does he want with the bobcats?

Maybe Sloan wants a challenge. Not every coach is like Phil Jackson or Pat Riley and just wants to sit on the bench while multiple future HoFers build their careers for them...

OT Thriller
05-24-2012, 02:08 AM
If I was the Bobcats, I would give Sloan anything to be the coach. He would make sense there because he would have almost complete control of a start from scratch roster and the ability to pick the players that work best for him. Look what Popovich did with the Spurs. The Bobcats have a lottery pick and a lot of young guys that Sloan can mold. Is it a challenge? Certainly. But making the Bobcats a respected franchise would cement his legacy even more. The Bobcats need legitimacy more than anything. Or they can just become the Hornets again and be AWESOME!

Patman
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM
The Bobcats might be intriguing to him, because he could probably do what he want's and could get pretty rough with the players. It sure would be a challenge to take the worst team and try to get something out of them.

jericho
05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Maybe Sloan wants a challenge. Not every coach is like Phil Jackson or Pat Riley and just wants to sit on the bench while multiple future HoFers build their careers for them...

thank you :)

theheatles
05-24-2012, 12:16 PM

Stinkyoutsider
05-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Would be a good fit in Orlando. I'm not sure if he has the patience to work a Bobcats team that'll be rebuilding for quite a while...

Howard needs someone who's going to get in his face and hold him accountable for things. Seems like Howard has the diva syndrome and if there's any coach out there who will shake that out of Howard, it's Jerry Sloan. He was tough when he played in Chicago and he's a tough coach. He's taking no BS from Howard.

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-24-2012, 05:14 PM

Thibodeau, Rivers would seem to interject. I also consider Scott Brooks a hell of a coach. Most other situations are the truth thoughts.

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I would think that the best situation would be the Bobcats depending on the salary. A lot of young pieces and really needs time to acclimate.

MagicHero3
05-24-2012, 05:27 PM
vang gundy to bobcats, sloan to magic. pleaaassee!

TheNumber37
05-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Id love to see him make the Bobcats relevant. All of his teams play hard and they have the chance to draft someone very good and shake up their team. Maggette and Diop combine for 17 mil in expiring deals. They can throw them in deals to dump salary or create trade exceptions.
As a Knick fan, I wonder what we could get for Amare. Maybe the pick (assuming it's not the number 1 pick) and Tyrus and Diop?