PDA

View Full Version : Bynum "It really doesnt matter to me, ill play anywhere"

spreadeagle
05-22-2012, 03:46 PM
The Lakers have come out and said they’ll pick up the option on star center Andrew Bynum’s contract, but the young big fella couldn’t confirm if he’d sign a long-term deal this summer to remain in Los Angeles. Per ESPN: “I’m not sure,’ Bynum said after a lackluster, foul-plagued performance in the Lakers’ 106-90 loss in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday. ‘It really doesn’t matter to me. I’ll play anywhere. I think for the most part I had a pretty decent season and an OK postseason, so we’ll see.’ Bynum, 24, averaged career highs with 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds to go along with 1.9 blocks per game during the regular season while being named an All-Star for the first time. He maintained those averages in the postseason, averaging 17.3 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.4 blocks coming into Monday, but struggled in Game 5, finishing with just 10 points and 4 rebounds while going 4-for-10 from the field. ‘Obviously we need more from him,’ Lakers coach Mike Brown said after the game. He pointed out that Bynum had zero offensive rebounds in nearly 35 minutes of playing time. Bynum has an option for the 2012-13 season worth $16.1 million that the Lakers must exercise by June 30 to retain him. Jim Buss, the Lakers’ vice president of player personnel, said last month that the team intends to pick up the center’s option. The question remains whether the Lakers will also pursue a long-term contract extension with Bynum in the offseason. ‘It’s going to depend on what the team wants to do,’ Bynum said of the extension. ‘I would definitely want to be a Laker. It’s going to be up to the team.’ Bynum’s agent, David Lee, said the Lakers control when and if those contract extension conversations will occur.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/05/andrew-bynum-unsure-of-his-future-with-the-lakers/

Ebbs
05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I would love to see the Lakers oust Bynum keep Kobe and kill their franchise over the next decade.

AIRMAR72
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
BYNUM is RITE

LAKobeBryant
05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
He's saying that because odom got him his two rings. As in Bynum barley played those 2 championship run because Phil liked going small and put gasol as the 5

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Byrum is a idiot, he would play for the Bobcats? I do not believe it until he goes to the Bobcats

willabeast77
05-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Andrew Bynum does make sense and he is right in this case. The Lakers would be idiotic not to keep him around for next season. He is getting better and he needs more touches and shots. He's supposedly their future franchise player but his immaturity is questionable at times. He was most likely frustrated with the loss and his lack of touches.

JeffG20
05-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Byrum is a idiot, he would play for the Bobcats? I do not believe it until he goes to the Bobcats

he's full of it, he already said he'd never play in new orleans. at least admit it Bynum, your not playing for a bad team

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Wherever Bynum goes that team instantly gets better whether its the Bobcats or anywhere else. He goes to the Bobcats and they potentially have one of the best front courts in the NBA with Bynum and Davis. Pair that with Walker and they have a decent team now and for the future.

Iron24th
05-22-2012, 04:15 PM
What he's supposed to say?
"please keep me,I can't play elsewhere!"

Dade County
05-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Here it comes...

He should sign with the HEAT for the mid level (next season)... lol

just joking

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 04:21 PM
What he's supposed to say?
"please keep me,I can't play elsewhere!"

I would say it if I could not imagine playing anywhere else

Raps18-19 Champ
05-22-2012, 04:22 PM
He's going to the Magic.

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 04:27 PM
He's going to the Magic.

Maybe in free agency but in a trade, I highly doubt it since Dwight has said he does not want to go to the Lakers

Iron24th
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I would say it if I could not imagine playing anywhere else

And then you'll not get paid cause the team will have leverage.

Gibby23
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
And then you'll not get paid cause the team will have leverage.

thats not true because he would still have an option to go somewhere and get paid when he is a FA. The team wouldn't have leverage over a statement from a player saying that he likes to play for the Lakers.

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
amare and landry fields for bynum

xbrackattackx
05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
If anyone read the rest OF the article Bynum says"I definitely want to be a laker" finish the piece don't just read his narrow out of context quote

NoahH
05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Here it comes...

just joking

What a powerhouse! With a healthy Oden coming off the bench and Nash staring PG. WHo can stop us! :clap:

DaSeba5
05-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Here it comes...

just joking

:clap:

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
What a powerhouse! With a healthy Oden coming off the bench and Nash staring PG. WHo can stop us! :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=362g-kUAEWk

for you heat fans lol. it goes with your thought process

Raps18-19 Champ
05-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Maybe in free agency but in a trade, I highly doubt it since Dwight has said he does not want to go to the Lakers

He changed his mind again and said he'd go to the Lakers.

Lakeshow24KB
05-22-2012, 04:51 PM
He still said he definitely wants to be a Laker like a sentence after he said that he'll play anywhere.

DaSeba5
05-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I think Bynum will stay in LA and they'll trade Gasol, but IDK what they can get for Gasol.

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't see the big deal... he says he wants to play in LA, but if it comes down to it he'll play anywhere... he wants them to pic up the option, but it is clear that it is up to the Lakers to make their intentions clear. What's the big deal?

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 05:15 PM
He changed his mind again and said he'd go to the Lakers.

Where did you hear that?

Hellcrooner
05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
I would love to see the Lakers oust Bynum keep Kobe and kill their franchise over the next decade.

except keeping him on a max money max lenght deal with his knees + his stupid antics and behaviour is waht REALLy will kill us for a decade.

8kobe24
05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Bynum "It really doesnt matter to me, ill play anywhere" ...he also said as long as the city has a bank.

8kobe24
05-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Where did you hear that?

Sheridan Sports says sources close to D12 that he wants out of Orlando badly, possible destinations are Brooklyn, Dallas, New York, and to a lesser degree both LA teams...

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Sheridan Sports says sources close to D12 that he wants out of Orlando badly, possible destinations are Brooklyn, Dallas, New York, and to a lesser degree both LA teams...

I do not believe the crap out of Sheridan's mouth, until I hear the words "I want to be traded" from Dwight's mouth then I will believe it

MickeyMgl
05-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Wherever Bynum goes that team instantly gets better whether its the Bobcats or anywhere else. He goes to the Bobcats and they potentially have one of the best front courts in the NBA with Bynum and Davis. Pair that with Walker and they have a decent team now and for the future.

You actually think they'd be able to get Bynum without giving up that top pick???? :eyebrow:

Master Mind
05-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Would the Lakers trade him for Bosh? :shrug:

Lakers + Giants
05-22-2012, 05:36 PM

Pau for bosh yea.

So bynum get's bashed for saying he'll play for any team in the NBA and odom get's bashed for saying he only wants to play for lakers? C'mon now, make up your minds PSD.

dodie53
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Here it comes...

just joking

hehe
nice.

kblo247
05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
The Lakersfront office and his agent have butted heads before. David Lee only has two clients in Bynum and Ariza, and we know how Ariza turned out when Lee wanted 8mil a year and wouldn't one down because LA had his bird rights. Lee is going to want Bynum maxed out, and LA would have to be ****ing stupid like Orlando with Lewis or Atlanta with Joe to give a non-superstar max money when he can't handle being the guy on the court or generate income for the team as a commodity. They will butt heads

kArSoN RyDaH
05-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Bynum is an idiot.

He played with no heart the entire series. He didn't attempt to rebound half the balls that went his way. I seen Westbrook outrebound and outhussle him on 2-3 plays.

Let him go play elsewhere. Eff bynum

John Walls Era
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
"think for the most part I had a pretty decent season and an OK postseason, so we’ll see"

What modesty. He even admits it was OK, not good or great. I think hes way more mature than hes given credit for, at least he didn't call out his teammates when they didn't deserve to be called out. Glad to see he has a heart of a champion and willing to go anywhere, where as some centers would rather pick and choose only to end up getting the coach and gm fired (just an example I made up ;)).

Bynum is an idiot.

He played with no heart the entire series. He didn't attempt to rebound half the balls that went his way. I seen Westbrook outrebound and outhussle him on 2-3 plays.

Let him go play elsewhere. Eff bynum

2-3 plays in 5 games seems like a small amount.

Blitzbolt
05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Mike Brown is not gonna be able to control Bynum and that's a fact.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 09:27 PM
You actually think they'd be able to get Bynum without giving up that top pick???? :eyebrow:

You actually have no clue he could possibly be a free agent?

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I think Bynum got sick and tired of playing with The Chucker. Playing with Kobe is probably the hardest thing for a big man to do, hence Shaq didn't like Kobe either. Ever stop to think that maybe Kobe is the problem? I don't blame Bynum for being fed up with Kobe, do all the dirty work while Ko-me jacks up shot after shot after shot. I'd want to play elsewhere and wouldn't work my *** off either when everyone *****es about what I do anyways. Total bs

Wade>You
05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Are the Lakers more divided than the media let on?

Pau and Bynum are the scapegoats on this team.

Kobe can do no harm.

Kobe said MWP is the only guy he could trust to play hard every night and with a sense of urgency.

Clearly there is a divide, and I'm sure Pau and Bynum are tired of being the scapegoats (even though they could play better).

Bynum and Pau will be gone soon and the Lakers will rebuild around Kobe.

sixer04fan
05-22-2012, 09:36 PM
All the talent in the world, but you just can't have a guy like that in the locker room who flat out does not care at all.

Baller1
05-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Man, you people are really bad at reading pieces contextually.

theheatles
05-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Edit: wrong thread

flatbush knicks
05-22-2012, 09:47 PM
bynum knows he'll be in orlando soon

LA_Raiders
05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
good, now ship his *** out

LA_Raiders
05-22-2012, 09:56 PM

no way, gasol & bosh would be the all time soft front court...

SeoulBeatz
05-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Soooo... come to Philly Drew!

We'll give you Thad Young, Lou Williams, Spencer Hawes, and 2 Firsts.... please......

theLgndKllr35
05-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Soooo... come to Philly Drew!

We'll give you Thad Young, Lou Williams, Spencer Hawes, and 2 Firsts.... please......

Finally a legit big!

:cheers:

shep33
05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
He did say after that he wants to stay in LA. This thread is getting warped

kblo247
05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Are the Lakers more divided than the media let on?

Pau and Bynum are the scapegoats on this team.

Kobe can do no harm.

Kobe said MWP is the only guy he could trust to play hard every night and with a sense of urgency.

Clearly there is a divide, and I'm sure Pau and Bynum are tired of being the scapegoats (even though they could play better).

Bynum and Pau will be gone soon and the Lakers will rebuild around Kobe.
Thing is Bynum complained about Ramon wanting to play fast to the coaching staff, as it was in his words "wearing him down". He doesn't want half court with Kobe, doesn't want to share the block with Pau, doesn't have a face up game or amazing athleticism, and doesn't want to run. Honestly the only time he didn't ***** was when they played Blake, Goudelock, Murphy, and Barnes all standing behind the 3pt line. He's also not big on pick and roll basketball by his own admission. It really limits what you can do when he isn't going to bust his *** to make something work

kblo247
05-22-2012, 10:30 PM
He did say after that he wants to stay in LA. This thread is getting warped

Yeah after Sager urged him to clarify. He really needs a pr team as the **** hat come out his mouth is stupid, and not in the Shaq or Iverson I can talk a lot of **** and back it up on the court by busting your *** way

Ironman5219
05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
his head isn't right, this is the first season that he's been healthy, he has no room to talk, the Lakers should trade him to the bobcats just to teach him a lesson

boolish
05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I actually like this attitude. He knows it's a business and can get traded. why should he worship at the alter of Purple? I am now a big Drew fan.

MickeyMgl
05-23-2012, 01:57 AM
You actually have no clue he could possibly be a free agent?

You actually think the Lakers are going to let him walk? :rolleyes:

MickeyMgl
05-23-2012, 02:01 AM
I think Bynum got sick and tired of playing with The Chucker. Playing with Kobe is probably the hardest thing for a big man to do, hence Shaq didn't like Kobe either. Ever stop to think that maybe Kobe is the problem? I don't blame Bynum for being fed up with Kobe, do all the dirty work while Ko-me jacks up shot after shot after shot.

Bynum might actually be grateful, since Kobe is the reason he is going to get a big fat contract from somebody. Those lobs for easy dunks are a very big part of his game.

rapjuicer06
05-23-2012, 07:49 AM
You actually think the Lakers are going to let him walk? :rolleyes:

I honestly don't know. Seems to me that they could almost have an equal want of parting ways

Bynum might actually be grateful, since Kobe is the reason he is going to get a big fat contract from somebody. Those lobs for easy dunks are a very big part of his game.

Kobe's the ungrateful one. He can't do it on his own, and it's been the bigman that has helped his career. Shaq won him his first titles, and he couldn't do **** with out Gasol. He treats all his big men like ****. Big men are hungry, ya gotta feed them, and Ko-me leaves them hanging all the time and then throws them under the bus. Kobe is a *****

GrumpyOldMan
05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Unless I read the article incorrectly Bynum simply says that when the time comes he will play anywhere, but if he had a choice he would want to remain a Laker. It seems to me that some people are reading into this all wrong. Either that or I am. That's always a possibility. I'm a senile old fart.

Rockice_8
05-23-2012, 09:35 AM
There's no defending him on this one. The guy is as immature as they come. How about you say something like you're committed to bringing LA back to the Finals not, eh whatever.

Iron24th
05-23-2012, 10:01 AM
thats not true because he would still have an option to go somewhere and get paid when he is a FA. The team wouldn't have leverage over a statement from a player saying that he likes to play for the Lakers.

Not true.
If the player wants both to play for the Lakers and get paid?
Did you think about that?

Rapsfanforlife
05-23-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't see Bynum going anywhere, but I'd love to see him in a Raptors uniform haha

He says in the article he'd love to stay a Laker...obviously he's a basketball player and if the Lakers don't offer, then he'll play whereever. makes sense!

jtrinaldi
05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Ok Andrew you said ull play anywhere, so getcho *** in Milwaukee

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
jim buss, how u?

hugepatsfan
05-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Thing is Bynum complained about Ramon wanting to play fast to the coaching staff, as it was in his words "wearing him down". He doesn't want half court with Kobe, doesn't want to share the block with Pau, doesn't have a face up game or amazing athleticism, and doesn't want to run. Honestly the only time he didn't ***** was when they played Blake, Goudelock, Murphy, and Barnes all standing behind the 3pt line. He's also not big on pick and roll basketball by his own admission. It really limits what you can do when he isn't going to bust his *** to make something work

If this is true, than LA HAS to trade him now. That attitude means one thing - Bynum is a loser. You don't build around losers. He might be talented, but in the long term you won't wi if your building block acts like that. Trade him now while he still has high value because stuff like that will keep pouring out to the media and lower his value.

BKLYNpigeon
05-23-2012, 10:40 AM
theres plenty of trades out there for a big man since they're so scarce. question is, what do you want in return?

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 10:44 AM
iggy for bynum

Gibby23
05-23-2012, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=rapjuicer06;22282233]I honestly don't know. Seems to me that they could almost have an equal want of parting ways[QUOTE]

Then you know nothing about basketball. Why would the Lakers or any team let the best trade asset they have become a free agent when they have the option to pick up his contract for the next year and see what they can trade him for. The Lakers can't go sign free agents, they have no money to spend. Drew and Pau are the only trade assets they have. gasol is gone for sure and They will either sign Bynum long term or trade him there is no inbetween.

rapjuicer06
05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=rapjuicer06;22282233]I honestly don't know. Seems to me that they could almost have an equal want of parting ways[QUOTE]

Then you know nothing about basketball. Why would the Lakers or any team let the best trade asset they have become a free agent when they have the option to pick up his contract for the next year and see what they can trade him for. The Lakers can't go sign free agents, they have no money to spend. Drew and Pau are the only trade assets they have. gasol is gone for sure and They will either sign Bynum long term or trade him there is no inbetween.

I love how everyones response to someone who has a different view on things says 'then you know nothing about basketball'...way to be original. There are such things as teams letting players leave via FA...believe it or not, it has happened before. Not everyone is traded away. And Bynum is a bit of a headcase, a bit immature, and a bit lazy. Not a lot of teams are going to shell out a lot of talent to bring in something like that on a one year rental. The Lakers could and probably will bring him back another year obviously. Just saying there is a chance him and the Lakers just split ways via FA

Gibby23
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Gibby23;22283133][QUOTE=rapjuicer06;22282233]I honestly don't know. Seems to me that they could almost have an equal want of parting ways

I love how everyones response to someone who has a different view on things says 'then you know nothing about basketball'...way to be original. There are such things as teams letting players leave via FA...believe it or not, it has happened before. Not everyone is traded away. And Bynum is a bit of a headcase, a bit immature, and a bit lazy. Not a lot of teams are going to shell out a lot of talent to bring in something like that on a one year rental. The Lakers could and probably will bring him back another year obviously. Just saying there is a chance him and the Lakers just split ways via FA

No there isn't. They either sign him or trade him for some players. Again, you are wrong about there not being any takers. He will have more takers that D12 if he is put on the market. Bynum said he will play anywhere, he just wants to play and wants to be "the man" on a team.

rapjuicer06
05-23-2012, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=rapjuicer06;22283167][QUOTE=Gibby23;22283133]

No there isn't. They either sign him or trade him for some players. Again, you are wrong about there not being any takers. He will have more takers that D12 if he is put on the market. Bynum said he will play anywhere, he just wants to play and wants to be "the man" on a team.

More takers than Dwight? Idk about that. Yes teams will want him, obviously. But he comes with a lot of baggage. Are teams going to give up a lot to get Bynum? Doubtful. If a team wants to sign him outright, and can sign him outright, and he wants to go to the team outright....see my point here? I assume the Lakers will bring him back another year, and they could very well trade him. But yes, if there is a chance for him to become a free agent, there is a chance for him to leave. To say there isn't a chance, is well....wrong

Gibby23
05-23-2012, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=Gibby23;22283260][QUOTE=rapjuicer06;22283167]

More takers than Dwight? Idk about that. Yes teams will want him, obviously. But he comes with a lot of baggage. Are teams going to give up a lot to get Bynum? Doubtful. If a team wants to sign him outright, and can sign him outright, and he wants to go to the team outright....see my point here? I assume the Lakers will bring him back another year, and they could very well trade him. But yes, if there is a chance for him to become a free agent, there is a chance for him to leave. To say there isn't a chance, is well....wrong

There is more of a chance that he is traded because the lakers still have him for a year. The Lakers don't make bad business decisions, so they will get something for him or keep him, that is pretty much a fact. We are not talking about the orlando magic here who just let everyone go and the star player still wants out.

rapjuicer06
05-23-2012, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=rapjuicer06;22283403][QUOTE=Gibby23;22283260]

There is more of a chance that he is traded because the lakers still have him for a year. The Lakers don't make bad business decisions, so they will get something for him or keep him, that is pretty much a fact. We are not talking about the orlando magic here who just let everyone go and the star player still wants out.

Orlando's FO is bad, no arguments there. I was just stating there is a chance Bynum could just leave

MickeyMgl
05-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Unless I read the article incorrectly Bynum simply says that when the time comes he will play anywhere, but if he had a choice he would want to remain a Laker. It seems to me that some people are reading into this all wrong. Either that or I am. That's always a possibility. I'm a senile old fart.

On the same subject, Bynum has said "There's a bank in every city."

That's really all he cares about.

willabeast77
05-23-2012, 01:40 PM
It sounds more like Bynum does not want to play with Kobe. The Lakers need to build around Bynum.

Iron24th
05-23-2012, 01:52 PM
It sounds more like Bynum does not want to play with Kobe. The Lakers need to build around Bynum.

When did he say that?

justinnum1
05-23-2012, 02:43 PM
amick
Andrew Bynum says he'll come back from summer with a jump shot, 15-18 feet. He's going to try Kobe's German rejuvenation treatment too.

Raph12
05-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Sign the extension and prove it...

Lakeshow24KB
05-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I love what he said in the interview today

theLgndKllr35
05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
amick

It's almost hysterical nobody has slapped some common sense into this kid. How about being unquestionably dominant in the low post before developing a 15-18 footer, eh champ?

Gibby23
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
It's almost hysterical nobody has slapped some common sense into this kid. How about being unquestionably dominant in the low post before developing a 15-18 footer, eh champ?

He said he is going to work on that so he can counter double teams better. Just because he is working on his jump shot doesn't mean he isn't going to put in time on his low post game and conditioning.

StinkEye
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Go to San Antonio. Pop will help you grow up.

John Walls Era
05-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Ok Andrew you said ull play anywhere, so getcho *** in Milwaukee

if they give him a max im sure he'll go to milwaukee

ThunderousDemon
05-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Only trade Bynum for Dwight Howard, if not then you keep him

Rockice_8
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Only trade Bynum for Dwight Howard, if not then you keep him

He could land you D-Will if the Nets can't make him happy.