PDA

View Full Version : Mike Woodson is close to a deal to officially become the head coach of the Knicks

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Matt Moore CBS ‏@MattMooreCBS
Report: Mike Woodson close to Knicks deal. http://cbsprt.co/L2W8Yd Your Melo Government is in control, citizens. Do not be alarmed.

Not surprising.

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Mistake

The master of iso

Kashmir13579
05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't like it... This guy won't take 'Melo out of his element and thats what needs to happen. He will indulge 'Melo.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-22-2012, 02:55 PM
As long as the offense changes a bit and the work the ball to Amar'e more I'm ok with it.

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
As long as the offense changes a bit and the work the ball to Amar'e more I'm ok with it.

Woodson is as clueless on offense as mike d was on D.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-22-2012, 03:01 PM

If they play like they did game 4 against the Heat I'm not overly concerned. Miami was not able to stop Amar'e, and the Knicks didnt capitalize on it at all. If the 2 of them can figure it out, then the Knicks can be a dangerous team.

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 03:08 PM

If they play like they did game 4 against the Heat I'm not overly concerned. Miami was not able to stop Amar'e, and the Knicks didnt capitalize on it at all. If the 2 of them can figure it out, then the Knicks can be a dangerous team.

I don't know. Can't see a mike Woodson led team getting past the 2nd round.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't know. Can't see a mike Woodson led team getting past the 2nd round.

Well thats good to know, I didnt expect anything different

RC3
05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
I would rather have a one year deal with a team option for second year. Let's see how he coaches next season.

Stinkyoutsider
05-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, I think I would agree Woodson has earned the job. He took a team that was tailspinning and got them to play together and lead them into the playoffs.

I think he should continue changing how the offense works right now for the team to start getting Melo on the move. No more or very little iso. More screening and movement. Melo needs to catch on the move so he's not standing still trying to shake the defense and beat his man. Also, get Amare involved more. I think a point guard like Lin is key. He's got to be the guy with the ball making the decisions...

Hey, didn't think about this before. What about a guy like Stan Van Gundy. He's available now...

milominderbinde
05-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Great. Iso melo for eternity. No need to resign Lin, or any point guard for that matter.

KniCks4LiFe
05-22-2012, 03:39 PM
He had a team playing in a grace period. This is definitely one of the worst dictatorship moves in Knicks history. Did I like his defensive coaching yes, but it was a bit overrated and the Knicks were playing it in a grace period after a coach was fired. You don't pass up SVG or Sloan or Phil Jackson for this guy.

Knicks never learn. :facepalm:

nate2usmc
05-22-2012, 03:43 PM
He had a team playing in a grace period. This is definitely one of the worst dictatorship moves in Knicks history. Did I like his defensive coaching yes, but it was a bit overrated and the Knicks were playing it in a grace period after a coach was fired. You don't pass up SVG or Sloan or Phil Jackson for this guy.

Knicks never learn. :facepalm:

Agreed. SVG > Woody.

29$JerZ
05-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Stupid

Didn't Even attempt to get ask the crop of available coaches.

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Mike Woodson is a terrible coach in my opinion, good luck with that guy, they could have gotten Stan...shows why the Knicks is a terrible franchise....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2012, 04:08 PM
lol good luck with woodson

dont let 18-6 ending fool ya