PDA

View Full Version : Now that my season is over, can I go kick David Stern...

RaiderLakersA's
05-22-2012, 01:31 PM
..in the nuts?!?

I'm not saying that he's entirely responsible for the Lakers getting their heads handed to them, but who said the Blame Game has to have a valid, logical target? :eyebrow: :D

PS: Congratz to the Thunder (and their fans) for moving on to the next round.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
CP3, Kobe, and Bynum

Let me say that one more time...

CP3, Kobe, and Bynum

Oh what could have been lol

As an avid Laker hater...thank you for that one Stern.

LAKobeBryant
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
That would if been the best arguably pg, sg and center

tredigs
05-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, not hearing as much glaring praise about Ramon Sessions and the vast improvement he was these days. Some players are not cut out for playoff basketball, and he is certainly still one of them (I specifically remember certain members disagreeing with me in this case earlier in the season - insisting that efficiency always trumps experience and team synergy. Wrong - that's only the case if efficiency can be maintained once the playoff atmosphere/pressure hits, and I did not see him as that player. Moving on).

And still, it's tough to blame them for the move, something needed to happen and a chance had to be taken after the deal in question was nixed.

The bottom line here is that Stern and the NBA were in an inenviable position (for them and fans alike) of having operating control of a franchise in the balance and wanted to ulitmately make a deal that would help the future of the franchise be as positive-looking as possible for its future buyer.

I think they made the right play to be honest, although Gordon being out all year did not exactly help their case.

The_Pharouh
05-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Blame him for making the right decision ?

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-22-2012, 01:45 PM
No doubt...

Instead they had to keep an overrated and overly passive Gasol (who if anything just gets in Bynum's way too often) and a pissed off Odom who got shipped out of town anyway.

Stern screwed them lol.

Cal827
05-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry buddy, you are behind a long list of people:

Seattle Supersonics fans
Sacramento Kings Fans
Sacramento Kings
Marc Cuban
Chris Paul
Lamar Odom
Dell Demps
Houston Rockets
Michael Jordan
Rush Limbaugh
A Pimp named Slickback
Richard Simmons
David Kahn
Timberwolves fans
Juwan Howard
Dnewguy
That homeless man that lives under the bridge 5 mins from my house
Gamblers
ManRam
Naps
Cfrey
James Dolan
Gary Bettman
Roger Goddell
Bud Selig (Who lost the title of worst run sport)
Undertaker
The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Avenged24
Dwayne Wade's Sister
Charlotte Bobcats
TNT
Javale Mcgee
Paul George
Brian Scalabraine
Screech
Raptor Fans
That Hooker that always is around there when you need them
Illegal gambling parlours
Clipper Darrell

I'd give it a few weeks.... first they need to locate the testicles before this list could be run through

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Sorry buddy, you are behind a long list of people:

Seattle Supersonics fans
Sacramento Kings Fans
Sacramento Kings
Marc Cuban
Chris Paul
Lamar Odom
Dell Demps
Houston Rockets
Michael Jordan
Rush Limbaugh
A Pimp named Slickback
Richard Simmons
David Kahn
Timberwolves fans
Juwan Howard
Dnewguy
That homeless man that lives under the bridge 5 mins from my house
Gamblers
ManRam
Naps
Cfrey
James Dolan
Gary Bettman
Roger Goddell
Bud Selig (Who lost the title of worst run sport)
Undertaker
The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Avenged24
Dwayne Wade's Sister
Charlotte Bobcats
TNT
Javale Mcgee
Paul George
Brian Scalabraine
Screech
Raptor Fans
That Hooker that always is around there when you need them
Illegal gambling parlours
Clipper Darrell

I'd give it a few weeks.... first they need to locate the testicles before this list could be run through

You win this thread

THE GIPPER
05-22-2012, 02:01 PM
What did Stern do wrong? He got a better return for CP3 than what the Lakers were offering.

naps
05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
David Stern did the right thing as the OWNER of the hornets. Any owner can override a GM's decision. That CP3 deal would be awful and historically bad. LA got Gasol like that and the entire NBA landscape was changed with that trade. It can't just keep happening.

Wade>You
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
David Stern did the right thing as the OWNER of the hornets. Any owner can override a GM's decision. That CP3 deal would be awful and historically bad. LA got Gasol like that and the entire NBA landscape was changed with that trade. It can't just keep happening.And therein lies the conflict of interest of a league owning a team. Just because he's the temporary owner doesn't make it right what he did. Dell Demps was given full autonomy to operate as the GM of the Hornets with no league interference (according to a quote by Stern in the press conference when the NBA acquired the Hornets). That didn't last very long. Of course, we should all know by now David Stern isn't exactly the poster child for ethics and integrity.

JeffG20
05-22-2012, 03:59 PM
David Stern did the right thing as the OWNER of the hornets. Any owner can override a GM's decision. That CP3 deal would be awful and historically bad. LA got Gasol like that and the entire NBA landscape was changed with that trade. It can't just keep happening.

I'm glad a few people understand this. Good luck selling a team with bad contracts instead of a team with young talent. Of course many Lakers fans don't want to hear this because they are use to raping people in trades.

I laugh everytime they say it was a good trade. Maybe for you.

Wade>You
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm glad a few people understand this. Good luck selling a team with bad contracts instead of a team with young talent. Of course many Lakers fans don't want to hear this because they are use to raping people in trades.

I laugh everytime they say it was a good trade. Maybe for you.It saddens me that people don't know what a conflict of interest is, what ethics is, and what integrity is.

JeffG20
05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
It saddens me that people don't know what a conflict of interest is, what ethics is, and what integrity is.

i'm glad you like to make assumptions. because i know exactly what they are.

yes it is a conflict of interest, no denying that what so ever. BUT facts are facts and as owner he had every right to do it. just like the magic owner had every right to veto that trade to the nets.

how is this hard to comprehend?

JeffG20
05-22-2012, 04:19 PM
despite what people think we are not your development league and will not just give guys away like Paul without expecting something decent in return. we can ***** back and forth all day but that wont bring paul to the lakers.... oh well

jneises21
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM

LakersLockdwn
05-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Blame him for making the right decision ?

Please explain how an injured Eric Gordon an injured Chris Kaman and a underachieving 2nd year player in Aminu is better than Luis Scola, Kevin Martin,and Lamar Odom... i guess its true haters are blind to logic.

LakersLockdwn
05-22-2012, 06:29 PM
What did Stern do wrong? He got a better return for CP3 than what the Lakers were offering.

Please explain how what they got from the clippers was better than what they were getting from the Lakers and Rockets...

5ass
05-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Please explain how an injured Eric Gordon an injured Chris Kaman and a underachieving 2nd year player in Aminu is better than Luis Scola, Kevin Martin,and Lamar Odom... i guess its true haters are blind to logic.

They shed salary (Kaman), got an allstar young player in Eric Gordon, a potential very good role player, a top 10 pick in a deep draft. If they can draft a broderline allstar, thats as good as Scola. Gordon is better than Martin. Odom would've cried his way out of there either way.

naps
05-22-2012, 06:42 PM
And therein lies the conflict of interest of a league owning a team. Just because he's the temporary owner doesn't make it right what he did. Dell Demps was given full autonomy to operate as the GM of the Hornets with no league interference (according to a quote by Stern in the press conference when the NBA acquired the Hornets). That didn't last very long. Of course, we should all know by now David Stern isn't exactly the poster child for ethics and integrity.

Nothing you said makes it wrong what Stern did. An owner can do whatever the **** he wants. He can change his mind every second because everyone else in the franchise is his employee. He's the boss and he has the right to dictate everything whether it's good or bad for his team or other teams involved in it as long as it's legal.

topdog
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
The issue with Stern's decision was that it occurred in the league office rather than over the phone with Dell Demps. It all would have stayed "rumor" at that point. That is what screwed the teams and players over.

LakersLockdwn
05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
They shed salary (Kaman), got an allstar young player in Eric Gordon, a potential very good role player, a top 10 pick in a deep draft. If they can draft a broderline allstar, thats as good as Scola. Gordon is better than Martin. Odom would've cried his way out of there either way.

so you're saying you would take a "potential Allstar" over a 15ppg Scola and and oft injured gordon over 17ppg from Martin and odom would have had a much larger role on the Hornets so u dont know what could have happened sounds like bull to me i mean Gordon was averaging 20 points a game but only played in 9 games... so if u plug in martin and scola the easily are 1 and 2 in scoring for the hornets on a much more consistent basis

topdog
05-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Please explain how what they got from the clippers was better than what they were getting from the Lakers and Rockets...

Because they were terrible this year and got Minnesota's pick they will at least be able to select MKG and Jared Sullinger to pair with Eric Gordon and Emeka Okafor. That is not a bad start at all to a re-build. The original trade made them a mediocre team with Martin (McHale won't play him), Odom (a year-long funk), Scola and Okafor. That is a lot of money for a perpetual .500 team.

ManRam
05-22-2012, 07:03 PM
For a team that needs to rebuild, Stern got the better deal. EG getting hurt wasn't something he could have expected.

They're going to free $23 million in contracts just from Kaman and Landry. The only bad contract they now have is Emeka, and he'll be movable eventually.

With those three guys, they'd be in a tough cap spot, and really never be able to properly rebuild. They'd be a better team right now, maybe a 7 or 8 seed (maybe)...but their future wouldn't be too great.

EG getting hurt nets them probably a top 4 pick. That's the best part of this all.

EG + a top 4 pick + huge cap relief is the PERFECT start to rebuilding. EG will still be a super star, for sure.

Gimme a nice rebuild effort over 8 seed purgatory any day.

Patman
05-22-2012, 07:03 PM

Because the Hornets would have taken on multiple aging players with big contracts. That's not what a rebuilding franchise needs. Gordon Aminu and Pick were way more interesting. the Hornets GM accepted a bad Deal for the Future.

But honestly I would love to see the 4th quarter dynamic with paul and kobe on the floor......

Blitzbolt
05-22-2012, 07:05 PM
DStern give you Pau for basically nothing and got you guys a ring shut up!