PDA

View Full Version : Howard wants trade despite Magic ousting Van Gundy, Smith

Pages : [1] 2

airronijordan
05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
"Dwight Howard wants out of Orlando, the events of today notwithstanding, a source close to Howard tells SheridanHoops.com
On the day coach Stan Van Gandy and general manager Otis Smith lost their jobs with the Magic, a source who has spoken with Howard recently said the All-Star center desperately wants to be traded prior to the start of next season.
And although the Brooklyn Nets are still considered the frontrunner, “it is not going to be a one-horse race,” the source said, listing the Mavericks, Knicks and — to a lesser degree — the Clippers and Lakers as among the destinations that would appeal to Howard.
When the news first broke Monday that Van Gundy had been fired and Smith had agreed to leave, the knee-jerk reaction was to assume that Howard had won the power struggle, and the Magic would now empower him to have a say in who the new hires would be — provided he agreed to sign a contract extension and commit to the Magic for the long term.
But in fact, the source said, Howard wants out of Orlando more than he ever did before in order to start a new chapter of his career. And it is well-known throughout the league that the Magic do not want to endure another soap opera season like the one they just experienced.
Orlando team executives are expected to meet soon with Howard as he recovers from the back surgery he underwent last month in California. If Howard tells them he wants out, they are expected to try to accomodate him and deal him to the highest bidder.
One piece of the puzzle that could influence Howard’s landing spot is whether a team acquiring Howard would be willing to take on the contract of Hedo Turkoglu, who is due to make $23.6 million over the next two seasons. The combined salaries of Howard and Turkoglu will be $30.6 million next season, and few teams will have the cap room or the assets to do a trade in which the salaries match.
One scenario that could improve the Nets’ chances to acquire Howard is if they win the draft lottery and get one of the top three choices in this June’s draft, which then could be bundled in a deal for Howard. (If the pick is No. 4 or lower, it goes to the Portland Trail Blazers as payment for the Nets’ acquisition of Gerald Wallace at the trading deadline.)
Wallace has a player option for next season that he must exercise by mid-June , and the Nets’ other marquee player — Deron Williams — plans to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent, with the Mavericks believing they have a shot at convincing him to return to his hometown. But Williams’ future in Brooklyn would be solidified if the Nets could find a way to make a deal for Howard, who they have been trying to acquire since training camp last December.
Whatever the future may hold, Howard does not want his to be headquartered in Orlando, the source insisted.
“These are the days you dread in this business, but we feel it’s time for new leadership and new voices,” Magic CEO Alex Martins said in a statement.
Van Gundy had four straight 50-win seasons before going 37-29 this season, when he dealt with Howard’s frequent changes of heart regarding his future with the Magic. Late in the season, Van Gundy revealed that he knew that Howard had asked for him to be removed as head coach.
On the day of the trade deadline, Howard agreed not to opt out of his contract for next season — but he has since given no indication he is willing to ink a multi-year contract extension that the Magic would gladly give him.
Howard came out of the lockout expecting to be traded to New Jersey, but the Magic pulled out of the trade talks late in training camp, Howard spent an uneasy season in Orlando before being sidelined late in the season with a back injury that required surgery, and the Magic were ousted in five games by the Indiana Pacers in the first round of the playoffs.
Even if Howard is offered a say in who the next coach and general manager will be, the Magic will want him do sign an extension before ceding that type of power to him. Two coaches who worked with Howard on Team USA, Mike D’Antoni and Nate McMillan, are currently unemployed after being fired by the Knicks and Trail Blazers midway through this season. Several news outlets have reported that Michael Malone, the lead assistant in Golden State and the son of former NBA head coach Brendan Malone, is a favorite to be given consideration"

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/05/21/magic-oust-coach-stan-van-gundy-gm-otis-smith/

Lakeshow24KB
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
link isnt working. and i thought he doesnnt want LAL

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 09:23 PM
So he has added the Knicks,Clippers to his list with Nets,Lakers,Mavs.

Knicks offer: Amare,Chandler for Dwight,Turk
Clippers offer: Bledsoe,Jordan,Williams,1rd for Dwight
Nets offer: Lopez,Brooks,Wallace,1rd for Dwight,Turk
Lakers offer: Bynum for Dwight
Mavs offer: Roddy,Mahimi,Marion for Dwight

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Alex Martins is a tool and Dwight will end up in Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks + picks.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 09:24 PM
link isnt working. and i thought he doesnnt want LAL

Well the article said he desperately wants out of Orlando,so I assume he would go to LA if he has to.The Clippers would be nasty with a CP3/Blake/Dwight trio.

rwynyc
05-21-2012, 09:24 PM
bynum straight up lol

justinnum1
05-21-2012, 09:29 PM
way to go devos

Avenged
05-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Lol the Magic are poorly ran.

khaleesi
05-21-2012, 09:32 PM
What, he does not want to play with Miami?

khaleesi
05-21-2012, 09:33 PM

Poorly ran?

Oy.

khaleesi
05-21-2012, 09:33 PM

Which is you favorite?????

** PMed you bro.

Wade>You
05-21-2012, 09:36 PM
What, he does not want to play with Miami?Let's be realistic: of course Dwight Howard wants to play for Miami (;)) but no deal is going to get done.

BigBlueCrew
05-21-2012, 09:39 PM
No please dont add the Knicks Dwight

rwynyc
05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
If I were heat I would offer wade and bosh.

Take Dwight and Turk. Amnesty Turk, pick up Nash. Dwight, LBJ, Nash will not be hated the way the heat are now. Magic get two solid stars at a discount.

Punk
05-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I keep telling you all this. He will end up in Brooklyn on Draft day or July 1st. Williams will re-sign July 1st, Dwight will be traded on July 1st. Nets will re-sign Wallace if Hedo isn't included.

popo85
05-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Orlando would probably also want one of Knicks younger pieces either Lin/Shump or Fields in a deal.

Lets say -Shumpert, Stat ,Tyson and Douglas just so they can get rid of him lol
NY gets Hedo and Dwight

Knicks become
Lin
Fields
Melo man
Hedo
Howard

rwynyc
05-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Way too much. No one wants Hedo. He is not an asset.

torocan
05-21-2012, 09:46 PM

Neither is STAT's contract.

I could see STAT/Chandler for Dwight/Hedo +- a few pieces being on the table.

OlivaThor
05-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I hope he will end up with Knicks. Amare + Chandler for Dwight + Turk = WinWin situation for both teams. Amare will be beast like he was before Melo came and Melo with Howard would be scary to match

urlachermess
d12 is such a drama queen.

D12 fan
I keep telling you all this. He will end up in Brooklyn on Draft day or July 1st. Williams will re-sign July 1st, Dwight will be traded on July 1st. Nets will re-sign Wallace if Hedo isn't included.

Yeah but Orlando has control to where he goes,he lost his leverage when he sign his ETO.The Magic will trade him for the best deal.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
d12 is such a drama queen.

Why because he didn't add the Bulls to his list?

khaleesi
05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah but Orlando has control to where he goes,he lost his leverage when he sign his ETO.The Magic will trade him for the best deal.

Until next year's trading dead line then no leverage at all.

** Yo, bro, I PMed you.

rwynyc
05-21-2012, 09:51 PM
As a knicks fan I love Chandler. He gaves us something we havent had in a long time.

But I dont think Melo and Amare can play together

popo85
05-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Other teams that could offer
Hawks- Horford/Teague
Bulls-Combo deals Noah, Gibson, Deng
Warriors-Combo 1st rd pick Lee, Curry
OKC- S&T Harden and Perk or Ibaka

Just throwing out guesses

SpaceJamJordans
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Mo, Bledsoe, DJ for Dwight

Eagles710
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM

THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS

How Do you Blow up a Franchise in ONE YEAR!

topdog
05-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Just a reminder to people that you can't trade players who aren't under contract or who can opt out (such as Wallace).

I wonder if LAL will offer Pau and Bynum since things are no longer working? Do the Rockets or someone else get into a deal? (No doubt they would be willing to offer Kevin Martin + for either Pau or Bynum).

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Mo, Bledsoe, DJ for Dwight

This would put the Clippers at the top of the West with the Thunder for the next 5yrs.

CP3
Billups
Butler
Griffin
Dwight

thedfactor
05-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Alex Martins is a tool and Dwight will end up in Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks + picks.Lopez would have to be okay with that now that he's a RFA. Nets cannot send him to Magic if he doesn't want to be there. He may be okay with it, but no longer is he a sure thing to throw in any trade scenario.

popo85
05-21-2012, 10:00 PM
No way Orlando does such a low-ball deal for those 3 Clippers

69centers
05-21-2012, 10:01 PM
If he wanted out this bad, why on Earth did he sign with Orlando? He could have been picking where he wanted to go this offseason.

rwynyc
05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
There is no way he goes to nets. They have plenty of time to best for organization.

A new coach and GM is coming in. No emotions tied to the situation. I think people will be very surprised to see how this plays out

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 10:05 PM
No way Orlando does such a low-ball deal for those 3 Clippers

Bledsoe stock is rising with his play in the playoffs,Mo Williams is a expiring contract,Jordan is still raw and can improve,throw in a draft pick.I think it's a fair deal to rebuild.

meloman1592
05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Damn...there's gonna be some good offers. The Knicks and Lakers have the best to offer. Tyson would have to go though :(

ManRam
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I think it was foolish to think that the second they fired Stan, and the second Otis left, that he'd suddenly want to stay.

It's so much more than Stan...and the Magic are foolish to think that alone would do it. It might help an iota...but yeah.

popo85
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Bledsoe stock is rising with his play in the playoffs,Mo Williams is a expiring contract,Jordan is still raw and can improve,throw in a draft pick.I think it's a fair deal to rebuild.

Brooks, Lopez and a 1st is a better deal. With Brooks having a good rookie year, Lopez who can put up 16-8 and a high 1st round pick

BobbyHillSwag
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Whatever team he goes to is gonna win a championship next year book it. Even if it is the Knicks they'll win one

JustinLafferty
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM

Bledsoe's stock would never be that high...Jordan has NO offensive game... and the draft pick is going to be late thus making it very not valuable.... I don't see any Clippers trade that makes sense for Orlando over Knicks, Lakers, Nets trades without including Blake... and we know that's not happening...

ne3xchamps
05-21-2012, 10:13 PM
this is getting so old. I want to stay in orlando, I want to be traded. this dude is a nut case, and orlando better trade his wishy washy ***!

MagicBucsSox
05-21-2012, 10:14 PM

What are u on tonight, that's the worse set of trades I ever ssen

O

Chill_Will_24
Sheridan is an idiot. He is uninformed. He is one of the least credible writers if not the worst. His blatant bias. He has been throwing the Knicks in to Dwight conversations to get hits on his website for the last year and a half.

I admit though that if Dwight has indeed added the Knicks, and Clippers to his list (i highly doubt it), the Nets chances have greatly dwindled (barring a miracle at the NBA lottery).

ne3xchamps
Whatever team he goes to is gonna win a championship next year book it. Even if it is the Knicks they'll win one

You mean to tell me if D12 goes to the nets, they will win a chip? :laugh2: good stuff.

netsgiantsyanks
05-21-2012, 10:18 PM
blah blah blah. all talk, no action.

JerseysFinest
05-21-2012, 10:20 PM
We'll see what happens. I'm done with guessing what this guy is going to actually do.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 10:20 PM
What are u on tonight, that's the worse set of trades I ever ssen

O

Hey im just throwing out the realistic deals,and the teams that were on his list.

No way the Clippers are trading Blake.

Mavs aren't trading Dirk.

Don Draper
05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Sheridan has a source close to Howard. (right :rolleyes:)

Magic brass have talked directly to him and fired a coach he clashed with.

Even though this is extremely hard to predict I would imagine the Magic management are better informed than Sheridan.

BobbyHillSwag
05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
You mean to tell me if D12 goes to the nets, they will win a chip? :laugh2: good stuff.

0 percent chance he goes to the nets, dont care what bspn says

JerseysFinest
05-21-2012, 10:26 PM

Not even sure if Sheridan is telling the truth on this one, but really, zero percent?

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 10:27 PM

Are you kidding? Thats where he wants to be and you think there is 0 chance? Are we using negative percentages as well cuz id like to see your percentages for the other teams

ManRam
05-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Sheridan has a source close to Howard. (right :rolleyes:)

Magic brass have talked directly to him and fired a coach he clashed with.

Even though this is extremely hard to predict I would imagine the Magic management are better informed than Sheridan.

I mean...I don't think the Magic got a "hey, if you fire Stan I'll stay with you guys and sign a long term deal" from Dwight today. I still think it's way more likely he isn't a Magic after next season (probably even sooner) than it is likely that he's still with this team long term :shrug:

I mean, is it really crazy to think that he still wants to be traded? I mean, that's been his stance for a long time now (sans a few weeks, and a decision he might have regretted).

He wanted Stan out, but I doubt Stan was the ONLY problem he had with playing in Orlando. Hell, I KNOW that there are many more issues here...

Whether I believe Sheriden actually has a source that says this, I actually fully believe the notion: Dwight still wants to be traded.

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Not even sure if Sheridan is telling the truth on this one, but really, zero percent?

Sheridan is one of the least credible writers in the business. He always spews stuff to get hits on his website. he is a blatant Knicks homer and didnt even give the Nets a sparing glance in the Dwight situation until it became the worst kept secret that Dwight wanted to be a Net.

Sheridan is on par with IncarceratedBob

Gram
05-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Lol Dwight.

Cal827
05-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Poor Orlando fans, apparently their Owners/CEOs are as dumb as the GM they just fired. :pity:

Not surprised one bit.. I think he ends up in Brooklyn by the end of the off-season.

Chronz
05-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Firing Otis is the best thing to do, losing SVG will hurt tho

Don Draper
05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
If its true he will demand a trade (again) its just foolish to fire SVG. Now the Magic have to look at available coaches and guess who is #1 on tha list? SVG.

airronijordan
05-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I could completely believe this. I'm not gonna say its bs bc Sheridan was the first reporter to report that melo will only sign an extension with the Knicks and he was completely correct on that

Sheridan used to have very little credibility but he has seemed to become more credible in the past 2 years

BobbyHillSwag
05-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Ok guys just watch as he doesn't go to the nets. Even if he did they are still the best or second best in the east. Nets really aren't that bad

Fresno
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
He'll be a Los Angeles Laker by the NBA Draft.

Weezy
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Why am I not surprised??? Why did he even opt in? Idiot.

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I could completely believe this. I'm not gonna say its bs bc Sheridan was the first reporter to report that melo will only sign an extension with the Knicks and he was completely correct on that

Sheridan used to have very little credibility but he has seemed to become more credible in the past 2 years

Thats because Sheridan is a blatant and biased Knicks fan. He was bound to get ONE of his predictions right after dozens and dozens of homeristic predictions.

Im curious. What other stories has he broken in the last two years that make him (in your words) credible? The only thing he got right was that Melo would only sign with NY which im not sure he broke since it was something many people had predicted.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Sheridan reported last week in his ESPN chat,that Stan and Otis will be fired in a couple of days,He was dead right on that prediction.Maybe this is a legit article.

gatkins11
05-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Sheridan reported last week in his ESPN chat,that Stan and Otis will be fired in a couple of days,He was dead right on that prediction.Maybe this is a legit article.

As if no one saw that coming.

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 10:54 PM

Ok? He didnt break that story. At least one writer called that TWO WEEKS ago. Sheridan just piggybacks off of what better writers like Woj and Stein report.

airronijordan
05-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Thats because Sheridan is a blatant and biased Knicks fan. He was bound to get ONE of his predictions right after dozens and dozens of homeristic predictions.

Im curious. What other stories has he broken in the last two years that make him (in your words) credible? The only thing he got right was that Melo would only sign with NY which im not sure he broke since it was something many people had predicted.

He broke the story of Clippers being added to Dwight's wish list - and a couple of other reporters later confirmed this. He also broke Gasol being on the trade block earlier this year.

I'm not saying he's the most credible guy, but his credibility has improved recently.

oak2455
05-21-2012, 11:07 PM
What I find funny is..... who the **** is credible ??? come on just stop, its getting silly

Teeboy1487
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Just trade him to the nets and get it over with.

njnets
05-21-2012, 11:19 PM

im not even gonna argue all of them. the mavs one is easily the worst trade out of all of them.

the other ones are plausible. highly unlikely. the mavs one would NEVER happen. not saying the others would, but they at least have a shot in the dark.

FlashMacker
05-21-2012, 11:20 PM
If he wanted out this bad, why on Earth did he sign with Orlando? He could have been picking where he wanted to go this offseason.

I know right

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
He broke the story of Clippers being added to Dwight's wish list - and a couple of other reporters later confirmed this. He also broke Gasol being on the trade block earlier this year.

I'm not saying he's the most credible guy, but his credibility has improved recently.

Which he was wrong about. The Clippers were never on his list and that was reported by most writers and neither were the Bulls as Sheridan claimed. Sheridan is a joke.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Which he was wrong about. The Clippers were never on his list and that was reported by most writers and neither were the Bulls as Sheridan claimed. Sheridan is a joke.

Why are you getting so defensive,are you scared the Knicks might be a threat to the Nets?

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 11:31 PM
What I find funny is..... who the **** is credible ??? come on just stop, its getting silly

Uh lots of writers are credible. If we are talking 100% facts and always right then there is none but as far as credibility thats not how it works. You go by how consistent they are in their reporting and Sheridan is by far in the lowest tier of reporters due in part to his agenda. He is all about pandering to the biggest markets, especially his beloved Knicks in order to generate traffic for his site.

Lets not act like he is suddenly very credible just because he is saying the Knicks are in the running for Dwight. This has been addressed and shot down many times by other writers whenever Sheridan brings it up.

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Why are you getting so defensive,are you scared the Knicks might be a threat to the Nets?

Defensive because i think Sheridan is a joke (fact)? Im confused.

airronijordan
05-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Uh lots of writers are credible. If we are talking 100% facts and always right then there is none but as far as credibility thats not how it works. You go by how consistent they are in their reporting and Sheridan is by far in the lowest tier of reporters due in part to his agenda. He is all about pandering to the biggest markets, especially his beloved Knicks in order to generate traffic for his site.

Lets not act like he is suddenly very credible just because he is saying the Knicks are in the running for Dwight. This has been addressed and shot down many times by other writers whenever Sheridan brings it up.

Dude let it play out. Are you mad bc Sheridan didn't say that Howard was only interested in extending with the nets?
Your hating on him pretty badly.
It's as if he did something wrong to you.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 11:36 PM
dude let it play out. Are you mad bc sheridan didn't say that howard was only interested in extending with the nets?

lmao.

greg_ory_2005
05-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Dwight to the Raps. :)

airronijordan
05-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Btw I think Chris Bernucca wrote the article. Idk who he is

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Dude let it play out. Are you mad bc Sheridan didn't say that Howard was only interested in extending with the nets?

So im hating on him cuz im pointing out the truth? Where do i seem mad? This is all entertainment to me and in no way shape or form do i ever get mad on a forum except when someone posts racist comments.

How about you stop using the hugest "cop-out" word in PSD history ("hate") and tell me your reason for taking anything Sheridan says seriously.

D12fan is apparently still upset with me because i called him out the other day which is why he is on your nuts but he doesnt have an argument either. People love to pull the "your a hater" card when they cant come up with any facts

numba1CHANGsta
05-21-2012, 11:42 PM
He's going to be a Laker, Bynum+Gasol

mdm692
05-21-2012, 11:45 PM
If I were heat I would offer wade and bosh.

Take Dwight and Turk. Amnesty Turk, pick up Nash. Dwight, LBJ, Nash will not be hated the way the heat are now. Magic get two solid stars at a discount.

You can only amnesty players that were under contract prior to the new cba being signed.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 11:45 PM
So im hating on him cuz im pointing out the truth? Where do i seem mad? This is all entertainment to me and in no way shape or form do i ever get mad on a forum except when someone posts racist comments.

How about you stop using the hugest "cop-out" word in PSD history ("hate") and tell me your reason for taking anything Sheridan says seriously.

D12fan is apparently still upset with me because i called him out the other day which is why he is on your nuts but he doesnt have an argument either. People love to pull the "your a hater" card when they cant come up with any facts

Dude I don't even know who you are,and why would I be upset?

oak2455
05-21-2012, 11:49 PM

It's possible he took his cat:D

airronijordan
05-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Well you're not even respecting sheridan. Yes Sheridan isn't in Woj's or Berger's level, but that doesn't mean we should completely think that his story is bs. Hate it or love it, he knows more than us and we should believe his inside info until another Dwight story breaks out from a more credible reporter.

Now back to the topic, I think the Rockets and Hawks are sleeper teams. But I do think he'll eventually get traded to the nets

Chill_Will_24
05-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Dude I don't even know who you are,and why would I be upset?

I could ask you the same :shrug: I have stated nothing that would suggest anger or any form of disdain. Like ive said, i come on this site purely for entertainment. I dont get upset on PSD.

I bait posters on slow nights to generate some entertainment value (Bulls fans are the most fun) but otherwise i just keep it level. Maybe if you werent so busy holding Lebrons jock you would see that (Yes, i just baited you purely for entertainment purposes).

I have no gripe with you personally though.. you just make it too easy with the way you swoon for Lebron. That combined with the fact that im not sure even YOU know what team your a fan of makes it too fun.

I repeat however, i dont really have any problems with you.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 11:59 PM
I could ask you the same :shrug: I have stated nothing that would suggest anger or any form of disdain. Like ive said, i come on this site purely for entertainment. I dont get upset on PSD.

I bait posters on slow nights to generate some entertainment value (Bulls fans are the most fun) but otherwise i just keep it level. Maybe if you werent so busy holding Lebrons jock you would see that (Yes, i just baited you purely for entertainment purposes).

I have no gripe with you personally though.. you just make it too easy with the way you swoon for Lebron. That combined with the fact that im not sure even YOU know what team your a fan of makes it too fun.

I repeat however, i dont really have any problems with you.

Yeah your'e mad,you keep taking shots at me,and I still don't know who you are.Keep em coming.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Well you're not even respecting sheridan. Yes Sheridan isn't in Woj's or Berger's level, but that doesn't mean we should completely think that his story is bs. Hate it or love it, he knows more than us and we should believe his inside info until another Dwight story breaks out from a more credible reporter.

Now back to the topic, I think the Rockets and Hawks are sleeper teams. But I do think he'll eventually get traded to the nets

Eh i dont think he even knows THAT much. I will go with you though cuz i honestly dont care enough to debate about it anymore. Your right... back OT.. i doubt the Hawks or Rockets have a chance. People overblow the hometown factor for athletes and Dwight wants to play in a major market. The Rockets are a big market but not on the level of LA, or NY.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah your'e mad,you keep taking shots at me,and I still don't know who you are.Keep em coming.

:rolleyes: ok

airronijordan
05-22-2012, 12:03 AM

Eh i dont think he even knows THAT much. I will go with you though cuz i honestly dont care enough to debate about it anymore. Your right... back OT.. i doubt the Hawks or Rockets have a chance. People overblow the hometown factor for athletes and Dwight wants to play in a major market. The Rockets are a big market but not on the level of LA, or NY.

I don't think Dwight would want to play for those teams but I can see those teams offer enticing packages even of Dwight is just a rental

IIISSKiLL
05-22-2012, 12:08 AM
I know right

Dwight is being nice and giving his "wish list" to the public so it seems like Orlando have the choice of players from that "wish list" of teams.. He was going to get traded to LAL last year for all that drama and then saying "i wanna stay here i think we can win it this year" so Orlando got upset with him for trying to look like a nice guy(when we all knew it was a front to not be boo'ed everywhere like lebron) so he decided to stay in Orlando an extra year so he wouldn't go anywhere that wasn't Brooklyn. Honestly a lot of players have done this chris paul, melo, bosh, lebron, but none of them IMO have been as bad as Dwight Howard and his sissy ****** ********

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't think Dwight would want to play for those teams but I can see those teams offer enticing packages even of Dwight is just a rental

After witnessing the immaturity of Dwight Howard and the Dwightare that ORL endured, i dont think ANY team will trade for Dwight without his assurances that he will resign; let alone trade anything better than Lopez, MarShon Brooks, and Gerald Wallace for him.

airronijordan
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM

After witnessing the immaturity of Dwight Howard and the Dwightare that ORL endured, i dont think ANY team will trade for Dwight without his assurances that he will resign; let alone trade anything better than Lopez, MarShon Brooks, and Gerald Wallace for him.

I could see Houston offering a package around Lowry and Kevin Martin. And Houston has 2 first round picks this year. The rockets are dying for a star. I could see them going all out for Dwight.

meloman1592
05-22-2012, 12:25 AM
I could see Houston offering a package around Lowry and Kevin Martin. And Houston has 2 first round picks this year. The rockets are dying for a star. I could see them going all out for Dwight.

still up to dwight whether he would sign the extension

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:27 AM

Like i said.. not unless he guarantees a signature. It is ridiculous what Dwight put ORL through. He contributed to their chemistry issues, threw people under the bus, got his coach and GM fired, and kept changing his mind about everything. No team will put themselves though that.

boolish
05-22-2012, 12:33 AM
he wanted to leave. but he caved to outside pressures. inside he want BRK. he got a case of the "guilts". He didn't want to disappoint people. but you could tell he really wants to go to BRK. shame he got his GM and Coach fired before that though.

THE MTL
05-22-2012, 12:33 AM
With Otis Smith and Stan Van Gundy fired, Orlando basically gave the team to Howard. What more could he want? He should stay, they gave him the keys to the team.

boolish
05-22-2012, 12:34 AM

wrong. HOU already said they would rent him. it's a great way to clear salary. If he stays great. if he doesn't you have tons of cap space now.

Dade County
05-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Howard trade TALK is BACK.... Look at my sig :) lol at all of this ****.

8 threads by july ... book IT!!!

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
wrong. HOU already said they would rent him. it's a great way to clear salary. If he stays great. if he doesn't you have tons of cap space now.

This was before the deadline and before all the coach killing news came out and before the back injury and before Dwight caused all that chaos in ORL... should i continue?

gatkins11
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
I think it will be very interesting to see how Dwight's back will factor into all these trade discussions. Back injuries are serious stuff.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:51 AM
I think it will be very interesting to see how Dwight's back will factor into all these trade discussions. Back injuries are serious stuff.

Agreed. Herniated disks are no joke. It never heals completely and re-injury is common. I dont know that he will ever be the same.

ChiCubsFan
05-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Dwight Howard wants out of Orlando, the events of today notwithstanding, a source close to Howard tells SheridanHoops.com
On the day coach Stan Van Gandy and general manager Otis Smith lost their jobs with the Magic, a source who has spoken with Howard recently said the All-Star center desperately wants to be traded prior to the start of next season.
And although the Brooklyn Nets are still considered the frontrunner, “it is not going to be a one-horse race,” the source said, listing the Mavericks, Knicks and — to a lesser degree — the Clippers and Lakers as among the destinations that would appeal to Howard.
When the news first broke Monday that Van Gundy had been fired and Smith had agreed to leave, the knee-jerk reaction was to assume that Howard had won the power struggle, and the Magic would now empower him to have a say in who the new hires would be — provided he agreed to sign a contract extension and commit to the Magic for the long term.
But in fact, the source said, Howard wants out of Orlando more than he ever did before in order to start a new chapter of his career. And it is well-known throughout the league that the Magic do not want to endure another soap opera season like the one they just experienced.
Orlando team executives are expected to meet soon with Howard as he recovers from the back surgery he underwent last month in California. If Howard tells them he wants out, they are expected to try to accomodate him and deal him to the highest bidder.
One piece of the puzzle that could influence Howard’s landing spot is whether a team acquiring Howard would be willing to take on the contract of Hedo Turkoglu, who is due to make $23.6 million over the next two seasons. The combined salaries of Howard and Turkoglu will be $30.6 million next season, and few teams will have the cap room or the assets to do a trade in which the salaries match.
One scenario that could improve the Nets’ chances to acquire Howard is if they win the draft lottery and get one of the top three choices in this June’s draft, which then could be bundled in a deal for Howard. (If the pick is No. 4 or lower, it goes to the Portland Trail Blazers as payment for the Nets’ acquisition of Gerald Wallace at the trading deadline.)
Wallace has a player option for next season that he must exercise by mid-June , and the Nets’ other marquee player — Deron Williams — plans to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent, with the Mavericks believing they have a shot at convincing him to return to his hometown. But Williams’ future in Brooklyn would be solidified if the Nets could find a way to make a deal for Howard, who they have been trying to acquire since training camp last December.
Whatever the future may hold, Howard does not want his to be headquartered in Orlando, the source insisted.
“These are the days you dread in this business, but we feel it’s time for new leadership and new voices,” Magic CEO Alex Martins said in a statement.
Van Gundy had four straight 50-win seasons before going 37-29 this season, when he dealt with Howard’s frequent changes of heart regarding his future with the Magic. Late in the season, Van Gundy revealed that he knew that Howard had asked for him to be removed as head coach.
On the day of the trade deadline, Howard agreed not to opt out of his contract for next season — but he has since given no indication he is willing to ink a multi-year contract extension that the Magic would gladly give him.
Howard came out of the lockout expecting to be traded to New Jersey, but the Magic pulled out of the trade talks late in training camp, Howard spent an uneasy season in Orlando before being sidelined late in the season with a back injury that required surgery, and the Magic were ousted in five games by the Indiana Pacers in the first round of the playoffs.
Even if Howard is offered a say in who the next coach and general manager will be, the Magic will want him do sign an extension before ceding that type of power to him. Two coaches who worked with Howard on Team USA, Mike D’Antoni and Nate McMillan, are currently unemployed after being fired by the Knicks and Trail Blazers midway through this season. Several news outlets have reported that Michael Malone, the lead assistant in Golden State and the son of former NBA head coach Brendan Malone, is a favorite to be given consideration.
The Orlando Sentinel has already published a list of potential replacement candidates. Click to give it a read.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/05/22/magic-oust-coach-stan-van-gundy-gm-otis-smith/

Here we go again.

Supa
05-22-2012, 08:27 AM
So it will depends on the draft, hope the drama ends early this time around.

---

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 08:28 AM
go to the spurs or knicks howard

BklynKnicks3
05-22-2012, 08:32 AM
if Nets win lottery or get top 3 pick its them. If not amare,chandler,lin,feilds get it done for Howard,turk,nelson nelson and lin sign and trades

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Speculation

benzni
05-22-2012, 08:37 AM
nets!!!

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 08:42 AM
if Nets win lottery or get top 3 pick its them. If not amare,chandler,lin,feilds get it done for Howard,turk,nelson nelson and lin sign and trades

Meh...I'd assume the Warriors would still be interested and Bogut and their first round pick would be better than what the Knicks would be offering up.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-22-2012, 08:46 AM
I dont care what the Knicks can offer, or the Warriors, or the Lakers, or whoever. You all sound stupid.

Plain and simple he wants to be a Net, like Melo wanted to be a Knick. No matter how much your team can offer, if he doesnt want to sign an extension its all meaningless.

sixer04fan
05-22-2012, 08:47 AM
There's already a thread on this with about 100 responses... Quotes the exact same article and everything.

Nyc4You
05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Tyson Chandler Heart>Howard's Heart.

Howards skill and talent >>>>>>>>>>>> Tyson's skill and talent.

Any update on that herniated disc of his? Took BD a while to recover from it.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Tyson Chandler Heart>Howard's Heart.

Howards skill and talent >>>>>>>>>>>> Tyson's skill and talent.

Any update on that herniated disc of his? Took BD a while to recover from it.

Stop it,Dwight>Chandler,Chandler has heart yeah right,he was basically a no show in the Knicks closeout game vs Miami.

NYman15
05-22-2012, 10:12 AM
I dont care what the Knicks can offer, or the Warriors, or the Lakers, or whoever. You all sound stupid.

Plain and simple he wants to be a Net, like Melo wanted to be a Knick. No matter how much your team can offer, if he doesnt want to sign an extension its all meaningless.

You're right in that Melo wanted the Knicks and he got what he wanted and was traded there. But it's a little different with Howard and the Nets in my opinion. The Knicks had the cap space to sign Melo outright as a unrestricted free agent. If the Nets re-sign D-Will and Gerald Wallace and sign a few more players to fill out there roster this summer, they probably won't have the cap space to sign him to a max contract. So, it's harder for Dwight to tell the Magic that he wants the Nets and the Nets only when the only real possibility of him ending up in Brooklyn is by a trade. If the Nets decide to keep their cap space, then it gives Dwight more leverage as he can say alright trade me wherever you want, but I'm walking to the Nets in the summer, but if the Nets don't have the cap space to sign him as a free agent, it gives the Magic more leverage and probably more teams to trade Dwight to.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I think the Knicks are now the frontrunners to land Dwight,unless the Nets get a top 3 pick in the draft.

Amare/Chandler for Dwight/Turk on draft night.

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I think the Knicks are now the frontrunners to land Dwight,unless the Nets get a top 3 pick in the draft.

Dude stop with that wack azz trade that will never happen. Your simply creating a dumb azz rumor in your head. Trade a 26yo superstar for a guy at 31 who can't score and amare is a bum. Gtfoh

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Dude stop with that wack azz trade that will never happen. Your simply creating a dumb azz rumor in your head. Trade a 26yo superstar for a guy at 31 who can't score and amare is a bum. Gtfoh

Calm down kid.

Oldmantrash
05-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Wouldn't the Magic try and go younger?

Why would they want Amare, and Chandler with big contracts.
They need to try and gather picks, younger players, and be bad a couple of years.

All these two would do is make them a high lottery to low playoff team for the next bunch of years.NBA purgatory.

I'm not saying it will be the Nets, but someone has to be able to offer them better than that, for there future.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 10:35 AM

They need to try and gather picks, younger players, and be bad a couple of years.

All these two would do is make them a high lottery to low playoff team for the next bunch of years.NBA purgatory.

I'm not saying it will be the Nets, but someone has to be able to offer them better than that, for there future.

Because the owner doesn't want to rebuild.

uprightciti
05-22-2012, 10:36 AM
its a business

his stock is low right now
but he is still a superstar

I would trade him for amare and fields and a 2nd rounder

faze38
05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Meh...I'd assume the Warriors would still be interested and Bogut and their first round pick would be better than what the Knicks would be offering up.

Really so let me get this right a player that hasn't been the same since his horrific injury is a better deal the current DPOY and a player that was in the running for MVP a year ago. Yeah ok my man. Warriors aint got **** to offer right now unless they get the #1 pick!!

NYY09
05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Wow, who gives a **** anymore...? This entire act is like Beiber, you wanna hit em in the face with a shovel but then you realize you could use the same energy to scratch your rear. Upgrade.

faze38
05-22-2012, 10:41 AM

Lin isn't going anywhere I mean even if we sign Nash in the off season Lin still doesn't go anywhere just of the fact that he is gonna make Dolan Millions.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 10:42 AM

Uhh they fired their coach and their GM.. they will rebuild. Nobody wants Amare. Even if hypothetically ORL decided they wanted to stay competitive, there are better players they could get than Amare and his huge contract

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Really so let me get this right a player that hasn't been the same since his horrific injury is a better deal the current DPOY and a player that was in the running for MVP a year ago. Yeah ok my man. Warriors aint got **** to offer right now unless they get the #1 pick!!

Chandler did not deserve that award. Not saying he was bad at defense cuz he was great but there were better defensive players that deserved it.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Your a idiot

Not cool..... there are a lot of idiots on PSD. Dont disrespect them like that by associating them with D12fan

shep33
05-22-2012, 10:47 AM

No chance in my opinion.

THE GIPPER
05-22-2012, 10:48 AM
its a business

his stock is low right now
but he is still a superstar

I would trade him for amare and fields and a 2nd rounder

This is the worst trade offer for Dwight I've ever seen.

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Lmao take on 50mil over 2 30+ guys. I've never heard such nonsense. Bynum alone is a better deal financially. This kid d12 lol

oak2455
05-22-2012, 10:55 AM
I love the name calling this is a discussion ...... Internet tough guys........lmao!!!!

shep33
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
If the Nets get a top 3 pick, which is a long shot, he'll be a Net by draft night. If not, I'd just deal him to a rental team who would give you the best deal possible.

Young players and picks

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
If the Nets get a top 3 pick, which is a long shot, he'll be a Net by draft night. If not, I'd just deal him to a rental team who would give you the best deal possible.

Young players and picks

After what ORL went through this year with Dwight i dont think ANY team will trade for him without his signature. Dwight was a cancer to his team this whole season (not on the court), was indecisive, immature, and got his coach fired.

Maybe last year someone like HOU and GS would have rented him but i dont think anyone will now.

Dankster
05-22-2012, 11:05 AM
If Knicks are one of his top 3 choices, again this is all just rumored, than I don't see why their package is anything to scoff at. If the Magic owner is still consistent with his philosophy that he wants to keep the Magic competitive, than a trade package like Amare, Chandler, Fields and a draft pick for Dwight and Turk doesn't seem that far fetched.

I don't think Chandler deserved the DPOY award this year (I had Ibaka and Dwight rated higher,) but he did still win it. Getting a PF who can get you 20 ppg as the focal point of the offense and a DPOY Center in a trade for Dwight isn't that bad of a package compared to some of the other ones being thrown around.

But once again, it comes back to what the owner wants. If it's young players and draft picks to stockpile, than the Nets would seem to be the most realistic choice.

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2012, 11:05 AM
When is the lottery

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
If Knicks are one of his top 3 choices, again this is all just rumored, than I don't see why their package is anything to scoff at. If the Magic owner is still consistent with his philosophy that he wants to keep the Magic competitive, than a trade package like Amare, Chandler, Fields and a draft pick for Dwight and Turk doesn't seem that far fetched.

I don't think Chandler deserved the DPOY award this year (I had Ibaka and Dwight rated higher,) but he did still win it. Getting a PF who can get you 20 ppg as the focal point of the offense and a DPOY Center in a trade for Dwight isn't that bad of a package compared to some of the other ones being thrown around.

But once again, it comes back to what the owner wants. If it's young players and draft picks to stockpile, than the Nets would seem to be the most realistic choice.

Amare is a injury concern, old, overpaid and is not a leader. Fields is garbage. Chandler is nothing offensively, and decent defensively. Your draft pucks are crap. Theres better options to "not rebuild"
Are you done?

MagicHero3
05-22-2012, 11:11 AM
haha i love these thread titles. they completely to forget to say "according to a source who says they spoke with someone "close to howard"". And the post says "Howard wants etc..." until i hear it from his mouth, i wont take any of this seriously.

Dankster
05-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Amare is a injury concern, old, overpaid and is not a leader. Fields is garbage. Chandler is nothing offensively, and decent defensively. Your draft pucks are crap. Theres better options to "not rebuild"
Are you done?

Dam someone's getting really defensive. First off Chandler isn't "decent" on defense. I don't know any DPOY winner ever being categorized as a "decent" defensive player. I do agree Amar'e is overpaid and somewhat of a concern injury-wise, but he can still put up >20 ppg in a very efficient manner as being the #1 choice on offense.

Fields is an anomaly. Some games he looks absolutely brilliant while others he looks like a liability on both ends of the floor. And I do agree also with you that New York's draft picks suck and are scarce at this point, but they can always try to obtain a 1st rounder through a trade.

I can tell you're annoyed. I would be too if the Knicks had a guy of Dwights caliber and he basically ran the GM and coach out of town and he supposedly still wants out. But stars in this league usually get what they want, and if his list is down to 5 teams who he'd like to play for than I'd bet he'll end up on one of those teams by the trade deadline next year.

There are teams with better "non rebuilding packages," but if Dwight doesn't want to go to one of those teams, they're not going to offer Orl a lucrative package for a 1 year rental.

JerseysFinest
05-22-2012, 11:24 AM
When is the lottery

next Wednesday.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Are you done?

Amare is also a violent individual and likes to assault inanimate objects.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Amare is also a violent individual and likes to assault inanimate objects.

The Brooklyn Nets will get Dwight,and are the best fit for Dwight,you agree?

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Dam someone's getting really defensive. First off Chandler isn't "decent" on defense. I don't know any DPOY winner ever being categorized as a "decent" defensive player. I do agree Amar'e is overpaid and somewhat of a concern injury-wise, but he can still put up >20 ppg in a very efficient manner as being the #1 choice on offense.

Fields is an anomaly. Some games he looks absolutely brilliant while others he looks like a liability on both ends of the floor. And I do agree also with you that New York's draft picks suck and are scarce at this point, but they can always try to obtain a 1st rounder through a trade.

I can tell you're annoyed. I would be too if the Knicks had a guy of Dwights caliber and he basically ran the GM and coach out of town and he supposedly still wants out. But stars in this league usually get what they want, and if his list is down to 5 teams who he'd like to play for than I'd bet he'll end up on one of those teams by the trade deadline next year.

There are teams with better "non rebuilding packages," but if Dwight doesn't want to go to one of those teams, they're not going to offer Orl a lucrative package for a 1 year rental.

you must have never seen marcus camby play, he was an awful man to man defender and i mean awful and he won 1 because of his block stats. he was a good weakside defender though, the worst dpoy in history easily though

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
The Brooklyn Nets will get Dwight,and are the best fit for Dwight,you agree?

Best fit basketball wise? Not by a long shot. He could go to Minnesota and dominate for the next 5 years as well as MIA or CHI or LAC or even PHI. Will he be a Brooklyn Net? i am sure of it. Stars get what they want.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Best fit basketball wise? Not by a long shot. He could go to Minnesota and dominate for the next 5 years as well as MIA or CHI or LAC or even PHI. Will he be a Brooklyn Net? i am sure of it. Stars get what they want.

Minnesota LMAO,I hope you were being sarcastic?:shrug:

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Minnesota LMAO,I hope you were being sarcastic?:shrug:

Are you kidding? Rubio, Dwight, and Love would dominate. i am finally convinced you are a child and know nothing of basketball

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Are you done?

Amar'e is a leader, he was his first year in NY... unfortunately the Knicks are enamored with Melo as their guy and he got unfairly pushed out. Still I don't see any team wanting Amar'e after this disaster season. If anything happens Lin and Shumpert would be involved, but I doubt it does. If knicks trade Lin, they can sign Nash and have a core of Nash, Melo, Dwight.

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Nets have absolutely nothing of value and much less leverage than last year... if they dont get a top 3 pick, this is CP3 and the Knicks all over again, DWIGHT will have to settle for second choice (Clips, Lakers, Knicks etc)

the_jon
05-22-2012, 12:27 PM
You're an idiot
fixed

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2012, 12:40 PM

yikes, thats horrible

Young and Stupid
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Dwight was a cancer to his team this whole season (not on the court), was indecisive, immature, and got his coach fired.

See, I disagree. Was Dwight really immature? Was he indecisive? Do we know that he got (keyword: got) SVG fired?

I'd appreciate if you answer these questions (with more than a 'yes') so that I can come to understand your perspective -- more accurately, the perspective of those who seem to loathe Howard -- and provide my response.

ManRam
05-22-2012, 12:47 PM

Your a idiot

I would delete this post if i could but i dont know how to with the mobile app.

He's not being an idiot...in fact, based on everything that's been said, he's right. The owner absolutely DOESN'T want to rebuild. He's old, and doesn't want to deal with that. Think Abe Polin in Washington. Instead of rebuilding when he should have, he encouraged the GM to over pay and keep Gil, Tawn, etc. Set that franchise back 5+ years. RDV would rather be the Hawks for the next 5 years than blow it up and start from scratch.

As much as I'd hate getting Amare and Chandler (especially their contracts) those two would keep us relatively competitive...and RDV might just prefer that.

boolish
05-22-2012, 12:53 PM

you're right. they wouldn't. it's just an irrational knick fan doing a lot of wishful thinking. if they move DH, they will go younger. they will offload bad contracts and won't take any back. they also won't take back broken down players other teams don't want.

Heatcheck
05-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Let him walk...spend the money on stealing san antonio and oklahomas front office guys.

1 of 2 things will happen, he'll either (and probably) shut the **** up and take the money. Nobody walks from an extra 30 mil.

or 2. he say **** it and goes somewhere else in which case if you draft well and play the free agency right, you can be right back where you were in 1 or 2 years (winning games and 'competing' for the title) if not better.

the guys a beast, but whats done is done, they should have fired otis years ago and this might have been averted. but now, the best thing is to take the soccer approach, accept his leaving as an inevitability and hope you can build something better

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 01:01 PM

That player that hasn't been the same is still better than Chandler...yup I said it. Chandler is a good defender, and terrible on offense. Bogut is a good defender and decent on offense. Amare is a down grade from Anderson right now, def. want no part of that lol. He's a good player when his head is on right, but he's one ninja punch away from the DL.

I'd take Bogut, Thompson + their first round pick over the Knicks crap any day of the week.

NYC is not an option. They just aren't. Two decent, old guys aren't going to help this team contend. Lopez would be better to get than Chandler and Brooks/Humphries would be better to get than Amare. NJ would still have a better offer with out their first round pick

He's not being an idiot...in fact, based on everything that's been said, he's right. The owner absolutely DOESN'T want to rebuild. He's old, and doesn't want to deal with that. Think Abe Polin in Washington. Instead of rebuilding when he should have, he encouraged the GM to over pay and keep Gil, Tawn, etc. Set that franchise back 5+ years. RDV would rather be the Hawks for the next 5 years than blow it up and start from scratch.

As much as I'd hate getting Amare and Chandler (especially their contracts) those two would keep us relatively competitive...and RDV might just prefer that.

The owner has to realize after canning his HC and GM that they are going to have to rebuild. They won't be contending next year no matter what.

Marco22
05-22-2012, 01:04 PM
People beware you might not get to see the same Howard you have grown to love.Howard has a bad back and that's not to be taken lightly (Tracy McGrady) Howard game that's base on Athletic Skills might have some what diminish. People also need to understand Dwight has no natural moves in the paint skills.

Quietmoney
05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
You guys kill me, there ain't no package better than Amare and Chandler out there. It has to be one of his top choices or he isn't gonna sign and extension. Besides, Orlando has had bad contracts for years now, no reason to believe they won't continue to do so for a shot at being relevant.

nycericanguy
05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
The owner has to realize after canning his HC and GM that they are going to have to rebuild. They won't be contending next year no matter what.

You can actually make an argument that ORL would be BETTER with Amare & Chandler vs Dwight short term.

Chandler gives you all the defense Howard does, without all the drama, and Chandler is a proven leader and winner. Howard just seems to sulk at his teammates.

Amare gives you an efficient 20-22ppg, and as a #1 option he's proven he can even do 25ppg efficiently, and ORL doesn't have to worry about horrific FT shooting that comes along with it, and it allows Davis to come off the bench where he is best suited.

A Chandler/Amare frontcourt gives you 30 & 18 & 3 easy every night.

Punk
05-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Dwight is a great player but I simply would rather try to win with the current roster than trading for this franchise killer.

It's amazing to me how he gets what he wants but still wants to be traded. What kind of disgrace this guy has become to a sports team is incredible.

I don't know how anyone could root for this guy if he ends up in Brooklyn.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 01:18 PM
See, I disagree. Was Dwight really immature? Was he indecisive? Do we know that he got (keyword: got) SVG fired?

I'd appreciate if you answer these questions (with more than a 'yes') so that I can come to understand your perspective -- more accurately, the perspective of those who seem to loathe Howard -- and provide my response.

Was he immature? Yes. He kept changing his mind about wanting out and was never clear on what he wanted to do in fear of his image (this is all according to what has been written so who the hell knows). He kept changing his "list". He was just very immature, indecisive, and insecure through this entire process.

As far as his coach, i believe he did. All the reports that came out that he asked for him to be fired followed by their public bickering. Actually even before the Dwightmare there were reports that Dwight didnt like Stan as a coach. Whether he asked for his dismissal we will never know i guess but it certainly seems so.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Are you kidding? Rubio, Dwight, and Love would dominate. i am finally convinced you are a child and know nothing of basketball

I love making you mad.LMAO:cool:

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
You guys kill me, there ain't no package better than Amare and Chandler out there. It has to be one of his top choices or he isn't gonna sign and extension. Besides, Orlando has had bad contracts for years now, no reason to believe they won't continue to do so for a shot at being relevant.

There are plenty of better trade options out there. Pleeeeeenty

You can actually make an argument that ORL would be BETTER with Amare & Chandler vs Dwight short term.

Chandler gives you all the defense Howard does, without all the drama, and Chandler is a proven leader and winner. Howard just seems to sulk at his teammates.

Amare gives you an efficient 20-22ppg, and as a #1 option he's proven he can even do 25ppg efficiently, and ORL doesn't have to worry about horrific FT shooting that comes along with it, and it allows Davis to come off the bench where he is best suited.

A Chandler/Amare frontcourt gives you 30 & 18 & 3 easy every night.

Actually no, Orlando wouldn't be better off. Dwight/Anderson is 10 times better than Chandler/Amare. This past year Dwight/Anderson were 36.7 ppg and 22.2 rpg Chandler/Amare were 28.8 17.7, with Dwight as the better overall defender, easily. And lets not forget, Chandler gets his looks because Melo, his PPG will go down for the fact that Orlando would have NOTHING around. So again, no Orlando would not be better off lol

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 01:23 PM

Well, get a clue. I hear the Wizard of Oz is still taking requests

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 01:25 PM

Try harder :)

oak2455
05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
fixed

Actually no, Orlando wouldn't be better off. Dwight/Anderson is 10 times better than Chandler/Amare. This past year Dwight/Anderson were 36.7 ppg and 22.2 rpg Chandler/Amare were 28.8 17.7, with Dwight as the better overall defender, easily. And lets not forget, Chandler gets his looks because Melo, his PPG will go down for the fact that Orlando would have NOTHING around. So again, no Orlando would not be better off lol

Well let's hear what the better options are

nycericanguy
05-22-2012, 01:28 PM

why are you bringing Anderson into it? He would still be in ORL.

Chandler
Amare
Anderson

one of the best frontcourts in the NBA, Anderson is a much better fit along those two than Melo is because Anderson spaces the floor so much.

Chandler has always been a very efficient 10ppg scorer... he averaged 10.1ppg on 65% last year in DAL too...

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Well let's hear what the better options are

Bogut/Thompson + 1st round pick

Bynum

Lowry/Scola first round pick

Lopez/Brooks would also be better because Anderson would still be starting

why are you bringing Anderson into it? He would still be in ORL.

Chandler
Amare
Anderson

one of the best frontcourts in the NBA, Anderson is a much better fit along those two than Melo is because Anderson spaces the floor so much.

Chandler has always been a very efficient 10ppg scorer... he averaged 10.1ppg on 65% last year in DAL too...

Anderson is a PF and would be playing behind Amare. That'd be stupid for him to come back and be a back up. He'd just leave.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
How do Knicks fans always find a way to make a thread into a cesspool of retardation and unrealistic opinions

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 01:45 PM
How do Knicks fans always find a way to make a thread into a cesspool of retardation and unrealistic opinions

Why do you think Sheridan always brings them into discussions about ANY superstar?

Knicks fans as bad as they may be, are many. They are just a huge fanbase so writers like to pander to them to generate more traffic for their sites, blogs etc.

What Knicks fans are doing here is the reason that idiots like Sheridan write nonsense. I bet his site is flooding with Knicks homers right now. Mission accomplished.

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 01:46 PM

I don't think the Knicks are getting Howard... nor do I want him.

But please explain how the Nets can get him... since unlike Knick fans your are so wise and realistic.

Knicks can offer any combination Lin, Shumpert, Melo, Amar'e, Chandler if they wanted to and even if the Knicks are not his number 1 option, there is no chance he doesn't resign if he gets traded there. Nets best trade piece is an RFA that played 4 games last year.

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Nets fans are such hypocrites... they said Knicks fans are stupid and unrealistic when we said Chris Paul will go to the Knicks regardless of the trade package because he wants NY. Now that Howard wants the Nets, it doesn't matter that they have 0 trade pieces and 0 leverage... its suddenly rational to think that Dwight will force his way there and any other fan base is delusional if they think they have a chance.

nycericanguy
05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Bogut/Thompson + 1st round pick

Bynum

Lowry/Scola first round pick

Lopez/Brooks would also be better because Anderson would still be starting

Anderson to come back and be a back up. He'd just leaveis a PF and would be playing behind Amare. That'd be stupid for him .

I'm pretty sure he could, and would play SF with Hedo gone.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Nets get a top 3 pick,if they don't they can kiss D12 bye.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't think the Knicks are getting Howard... nor do I want him.

But please explain how the Nets can get him... since unlike Knick fans your are so wise and realistic.

Knicks can offer any combination Lin, Shumpert, Melo, Amar'e, Chandler if they wanted to and even if the Knicks are not his number 1 option, there is no chance he doesn't resign if he gets traded there. Nets best trade piece is an RFA that played 4 games last year.

Its such a simple explanation, Ive said this over and over on this forum but I will repeat myself yet again.

Remember when Melo wanted to be a Knick? Same situation. It doesnt matter what someone is offering, if Dwight doesnt sign an extension there the deal is a no go. The Nets had a much better offer for Melo but because he wanted the Knicks and Knicks only he ended up in NY. Dwight wants Deron, Brooklyn, and to start a legacy in a new city. Orlando will have to decide whether or not they want to just let him walk or get some trade assets. Similar to the decision Denver had to make.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Not at all actually. He'd get abused by opposing SF's

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-22-2012, 02:03 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Nets get a top 3 pick,if they don't they can kiss D12 bye.

Do you take anything in when people respond to you or post? Or do you just keep looking at the reply box?

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM

:laugh2:

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Nets fans are such hypocrites... they said Knicks fans are stupid and unrealistic when we said Chris Paul will go to the Knicks regardless of the trade package because he wants NY. Now that Howard wants the Nets, it doesn't matter that they have 0 trade pieces and 0 leverage... its suddenly rational to think that Dwight will force his way there and any other fan base is delusional if they think they have a chance.

Hypocrites? Barely. The Knicks didnt have enough cap space when every single Knicks fan came out of the woodwork to demand for Paul. You already had Amare and Melo and wouldnt of signed Paul for anything less than the Max.

Btw, Paul would NOT work on the Knicks, Melo demands the ball way to much. Think of what happened when Lin came in, but much worse.

The Knicks need more defense and no Amare, theyd be a dangerous team if they could make the transformation.

Losoway
05-22-2012, 02:06 PM
DWIGHT IS forsure getting traded ....it has been reported that he is upset with his team mates for not defending him when everyone thought he was faking his injury

I would rather take amare/chandler or a offer from the nets then BYNUM ....Bynum play this playoffs was terrible and his attitude smh

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Its such a simple explanation, Ive said this over and over on this forum but I will repeat myself yet again.

Remember when Melo wanted to be a Knick? Same situation. It doesnt matter what someone is offering, if Dwight doesnt sign an extension there the deal is a no go. The Nets had a much better offer for Melo but because he wanted the Knicks and Knicks only he ended up in NY. Dwight wants Deron, Brooklyn, and to start a legacy in a new city. Orlando will have to decide whether or not they want to just let him walk or get some trade assets. Similar to the decision Denver had to make.

There are teams that will offer up good trade packages for a year of Howard. Houston would be perfect for Howard. Lowry and Martin paired with Dwight would be damn good. Dwight wants to play in Texas also...Maybe making the playoffs with a very strong, capable team could sway him to stay there. Or maybe a pairing with David Lee and Stephen Curry, Brandon Rush could sway him to stay with the Warriors. There are places he can be traded to and he could be swayed to stay. Warriors have an AWESOME fan base, that could tickle Dwights fancy a bit

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Hypocrites? Barely. The Knicks didnt have enough cap space when every single Knicks fan came out of the woodwork to demand for Paul. You already had Amare and Melo and wouldnt of signed Paul for anything less than the Max.

Btw, Paul would NOT work on the Knicks, Melo demands the ball way to much. Think of what happened when Lin came in, but much worse.

The Knicks need more defense and no Amare, theyd be a dangerous team if they could make the transformation.

Except the Nets wont have cap space for Howard in the summer either if they plan on keeping Deron, Wallace and Lopez (even if its as a trade piece)... and not much to trade for Howard. The Knicks traded a lot of value for Melo, something the Nets don't have unless they win the lotto.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Except the Nets wont have cap space for Howard in the summer either if they plan on keeping Deron, Wallace and Lopez (even if its as a trade piece)... and not much to trade for Howard. The Knicks traded a lot of value for Melo, something the Nets don't have unless they win the lotto.

Nets could very easily sign Howard next year. Everyone is off the books ( I assume Deron and Wallace would stay) and at the most they'd be at something like 28 million and could have a ******** scary good team. Howard/Williams/Wallace/Brooks...wowza

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Noah, Deng, Korver (expiring) Brewer (expiring) Watson (expiring) & Bobcats pick

for

Howard, Hedo, Nelson (S&T)

I know he doesn't want Chicago, but Chicago is eyeing capspace and may want to rebuild this team in a different way when Rose is completely healthy. Or maybe they'll get Howard to stay.

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Nets could very easily sign Howard next year. Everyone is off the books ( I assume Deron and Wallace would stay) and at the most they'd be at something like 28 million and could have a ******** scary good team. Howard/Williams/Wallace/Brooks...wowza

Tht is if they let guys like Lopez walk, fill out rosters spots 3-12 on one year contracts and if Wallace doesn't opt out for a longer deal (which he probably will)... If the Nets want to spend the first year in Brooklyn with petro as their starting center and Sheldon Williams as their PF, you are right they will have cap space.

NYY 26 to 7
05-22-2012, 02:17 PM

I completely agree unless deron leaves. Why did he take the option year? I didn't get it when he did it and don't get it now. He coulda signed with the nets outright and assured that deron would be there. In the end a free agent or pending free agent has every right to go where they want because they have the power and are allowed to choose. Also there is no way I see the Knicks in this ven though I'd love it I just don't see it.

NJBASEBALL22
05-22-2012, 02:20 PM

He is a stretch 4, don't get that confused with a 3 or a wing. He cannot play the 3 for the same reasons Dirk, K. Love, Zach Randolf, Troy Murphy and Antwan Jamison (when they were relevant) were 4's and not 3's. Not only would they get raped (for the lack of a better word) by opposing 3's on defense, but they also lack the athleticism on offense to consistently drive, slash and pass. Slow footed players don't make good wings... the only except to this was Larry Legend in the end of his career when injuries really slowed him down (oh btw, in Bird's day, he caught great luck in the fact that SF wasn't littered with long, athletic players yet), and in today's game with the influx of athletes, I think Bird would really be better suited to play the 4 like Dirk does (much better passer, rebounder, and low post game than Dirk though). That is neither here nor there though. Anderson is not a 3, he is a 4 that can shoot. Sure, they can play the 3 in a big lineup for a few minutes, but anything more and they would get exposed... especially on D.

JOhnnyTHaJet

The Nets didnt even win the lottery? We got the 3rd pick in a draft where we had the worst record?

Also, the Nets have the most cap space in the NBA. We only have 14 million in guaranteed contracts. Even if Wallace opted in (or signed an extension), Deron signed, and Nets got another mid level free agent, we'd still have enough cap space for Howard. So please, dont tell me the Nets dont or wont have cap space.

D12 fan
I would like to apologize to Chill Will 24,I just looked up Sheridan articles and he definitely is a Knicks homer,so the Knicks being a threat was probally a lie.He definitely has a big love for the knicks.

JOhnnyTHaJet
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
I completely agree unless deron leaves. Why did he take the option year? I didn't get it when he did it and don't get it now. He coulda signed with the nets outright and assured that deron would be there. In the end a free agent or pending free agent has every right to go where they want because they have the power and are allowed to choose. Also there is no way I see the Knicks in this ven though I'd love it I just don't see it.

Why? To be honest I'm not sure. I would assume that it was because the Nets didnt have any chance at making the playoffs and he wanted to save face. I truly believe him and Deron have some sort of agreement to play with each other. They ultimately want to be in Brooklyn or at least play together.

But hey who knows really.

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
The Nets didnt even win the lottery? We got the 3rd pick in a draft where we had the worst record?

Also, the Nets have the most cap space in the NBA. We only have 14 million in guaranteed contracts. Even if Wallace opted in (or signed an extension), Deron signed, and Nets got another mid level free agent, we'd still have enough cap space for Howard. So please, dont tell me the Nets dont or wont have cap space.

You are right.... IF:

The Nets only have Deron and Wallace on the books next summer. Which means they let Lopez walk, didn't sign anyone to a multi year deal and played with vet min fillers on half their roster like they did last year. Do you honestly believe the Nets will open Brooklyn with a team full of 1 year contracts? They will pay Lopez, sign guys like Kirilenko, Green etc etc and that cap space will be gone.

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I would like to apologize to Chill Will 24,I just looked up Sheridan articles and he definitely is a Knicks homer,so the Knicks being a threat was probally a lie.He definitely has a big love for the knicks.

No apology needed bro.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Tht is if they let guys like Lopez walk, fill out rosters spots 3-12 on one year contracts and if Wallace doesn't opt out for a longer deal (which he probably will)... If the Nets want to spend the first year in Brooklyn with petro as their starting center and Sheldon Williams as their PF, you are right they will have cap space.

They can resign Lopez this year and trade him next for a high draft pick. Lopez has nothing to do with it. Wallace and Deron will combine for about 28 mil next offseason. They have 8 players as of now, if they resign Lopez thats 9 and they can sign players to 1 year deals and someone for the MLE and still afford Dwight

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 02:33 PM
They can resign Lopez this year and trade him next for a high draft pick. Lopez has nothing to do with it. Wallace and Deron will combine for about 28 mil next offseason. They have 8 players as of now, if they resign Lopez thats 9 and they can sign players to 1 year deals and someone for the MLE and still afford Dwight

MLE you only get if you are over the cap... and it counts against the cap if you use it. If they have 30 mill committed to Deron, Wallace and MarShon, they literally can't sign a single player to a multi year contract in order to offer Howard the max. Lopez has a lot to do with it, someone will offer him a 5 year deal and if the Nets want to keep him they will have to match...

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
You have to be braindead if you think the Nets are going to BK with 3 players under contract past next season, or that DWill will agree to stay on a team like that. That means letting guys like Green, Hump etc walk... and if they do and Orlando decides to make a deal in February, who can the Nets offer if they have 2 players under contract and 10 vet mins. That team would win 15 games in its first year in BK. They NEED to improve this summer, not get worse in order to chase the Howard dream again.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
MLE you only get if you are over the cap... and it counts against the cap if you use it. If they have 30 mill committed to Deron, Wallace and MarShon, they literally can't sign a single player to a multi year contract in order to offer Howard the max. Lopez has a lot to do with it, someone will offer him a 5 year deal and if the Nets want to keep him they will have to match...

How did Miami still get the MLE when they signed Wade, Lebron and Bosh? They used the MLE on Miller I do believe

You have to be braindead if you think the Nets are going to BK with 3 players under contract past next season, or that DWill will agree to stay on a team like that. That means letting guys like Green, Hump etc walk... and if they do and Orlando decides to make a deal in February, who can the Nets offer if they have 2 players under contract and 10 vet mins. That team would win 15 games in its first year in BK. They NEED to improve this summer, not get worse in order to chase the Howard dream again.

Brain dead? How? Its exactly what the Heat did and the Knicks did and it worked out for one of them lol (its funny because its your team it didn't work for).

NYsFinest
05-22-2012, 02:46 PM
How did Miami still get the MLE when they signed Wade, Lebron and Bosh? They used the MLE on Miller I do believe

Brain dead? How? Its exactly what the Heat did and the Knicks did and it worked out for one of them lol (its funny because its your team it didn't work for).

They can use the MLE in the summer of 2013 once they are over the cap... not this summer though. They aren't going into a new arena in a new city with zero talent on their roster.

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Noah, Deng, Korver (expiring) Brewer (expiring) Watson (expiring) & Bobcats pick

for

Howard, Hedo, Nelson (S&T)

I know he doesn't want Chicago, but Chicago is eyeing capspace and may want to rebuild this team in a different way when Rose is completely healthy. Or maybe they'll get Howard to stay.

Possibly the worst trade since Gasol for kwame

ManRam
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM

The owner has to realize after canning his HC and GM that they are going to have to rebuild. They won't be contending next year no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I agree...and you're right. I'm just saying don't be stunned if what's "right" doesn't happen. It's that old man's team. If he doesn't want to watch a losing team, he might try to skip the rebuilding process (damn near impossible to pull off). It sucks....but that's been the rumor for a long time now. If Dwight leaves we MUST rebuild. It's the only way. You don't lose a Dwight and get better right away. The goal shouldn't be mediocrity/the Hawks. An occasional first round win isn't the goal...and if he wants to "remain competetive" after trading Dwight, mediocrity is all we'll get.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 02:53 PM

You hate every trade proposal for Dwight,why don't you share some of your ideas to what is a fair deal for Dwight?

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 02:53 PM

I agree...and you're right. I'm just saying don't be stunned if what's "right" doesn't happen. It's that old man's team. If he doesn't want to watch a losing team, he might try to skip the rebuilding process (damn near impossible to pull off). It sucks....but that's been the rumor for a long time now. If Dwight leaves we MUST rebuild. It's the only way. You don't lose a Dwight and get better right away. The goal shouldn't be mediocrity/the Hawks. An occasional first round win isn't the goal...and if he wants to "remain competetive" after trading Dwight, mediocrity is all we'll get.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, we can rebuild and still make the playoffs. I mean look at the Nuggets. We can trade Dwight and Hedo, Nelson opt out and not bring back Redick and we can sign Lopez or McGee and with the trade (who ever we trade with) whether it be Bynum (in that case, sign someone other than a Center) with the Warriors, Rockets, Nets...we can still be competitive and draft good players and we could make an 8 seed next year and get better every year after that.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
You hate every trade proposal for Dwight,why don't you share some of your ideas to what is a fair deal for Dwight?

There is no fair deal for Dwight.

Young and Stupid
05-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Was he immature? Yes. He kept changing his mind about wanting out and was never clear on what he wanted to do in fear of his image (this is all according to what has been written so who the hell knows). He kept changing his "list". He was just very immature, indecisive, and insecure through this entire process.

As far as his coach, i believe he did. All the reports that came out that he asked for him to be fired followed by their public bickering. Actually even before the Dwightmare there were reports that Dwight didnt like Stan as a coach. Whether he asked for his dismissal we will never know i guess but it certainly seems so.

So was he 'immature' or indecisive? Are you saying that the two are one in the same?

Do we know that he kept changing his mind? Is it possible that his mind has always been set on joining Deron Williams in Brooklyn, but factors changed which made it necessary for him to claim that his mind was changing? This is probably the biggest decision of his life and there are a plethora of factors. Because he changes his mind he's immature and insecure? That seems naive and insensitive.

He had to worry about protecting his image. He's a professional athlete -- a great part of what makes him who he is is his image. Of course he should be concerned with how he appears to the general public.

So what if he didn't like SVG? There are plenty of players who don't like their coaches. You can't put the onus of Van Gundy's release on him. If an organization chooses to make itself a slave to its star player, that's the organization's fault; not the player's.

This entire criticism of Dwight Howard seems misguided, imperceptive and callow. Do we expect someone who's never really had to make such a huge decision in their life to be completely secure in doing so? Would we ask that of one of our friends or family members?

Your response has left me unconvinced that Howard has done anything that warrants the collectively outcry that has occurred. He's no villain -- just someone who (appeared to) have trouble making possibly the biggest decision of his life. That doesn't make him an immature douche-bag; it makes him human.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM

You'd have a hard time finding someone to agree with you there.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 02:59 PM
There is no fair deal for Dwight.

Magic fans will find this out soon enough.

ManRam
05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Magic fans will be unreasonably picky...but I've always agreed that a package focusing around deng/Noah or especially either of those two and boozer, is a bad trade. Salary wise it will keep us above the cap for too long...and just keep us out of the lottery. There's no upside with that trade. It will lead to a mediocre team without a chance to be players in FA or the draft anytime soon...

Rap brought up the Denver model...this is not the denver model. If we wanna remain competitive AND have some room for growth, i dont think Chi brings it

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 03:08 PM
So was he 'immature' or indecisive? Are you saying that the two are one in the same?

Do we know that he kept changing his mind? Is it possible that his mind has always been set on joining Deron Williams in Brooklyn, but factors changed which made it necessary for him to claim that his mind was changing? This is probably the biggest decision of his life and there are a plethora of factors. Because he changes his mind he's immature and insecure? That seems naive and insensitive.

He had to worry about protecting his image. He's a professional athlete -- a great part of what makes him who he is is his image. Of course he should be concerned with how he appears to the general public.

So what if he didn't like SVG? There are plenty of players who don't like their coaches. You can't put the onus of Van Gundy's release on him. If an organization chooses to make itself a slave to its star player, that's the organization's fault; not the player's.

This entire criticism of Dwight Howard seems misguided, imperceptive and callow. Do we expect someone who's never really had to make such a huge decision in their life to be completely secure in doing so? Would we ask that of one of our friends or family members?

Your response has left me unconvinced that Howard has done anything that warrants the collectively outcry that has occurred. He's no villain -- just someone who (appeared to) have trouble making possibly the biggest decision of his life. That doesn't make him an immature douche-bag; it makes him human.

I used the word "immature" quite loosely. I was simply referring to the turmoil he caused due to his indecision. Yes he WAS indecisive. No other way to look at it. I truly believe he wants to be in Brooklyn more than anything else but he never gave the Magic any definitive answer. He claimed he would opt in then did said that was story was false then went ahead and opted in.

I never claimed Dwight was a villain. I was referring to him being a cancer as in the way his actions inadvertently caused the turmoil that derailed the Magic's season and how all that drama might scare teams off on trading for him without his signature.

I do not think Dwight deserves all the negative press he gets right now and i think Otis and Stan, and martins are all to blame just as much.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Magic fans will find this out soon enough.

I think most of us know it

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Magic fans will be unreasonably picky...but I've always agreed that a package focusing around deng/Noah or especially either of those two and boozer, is a bad trade. Salary wise it will keep us above the cap for too long...and just keep us out of the lottery. There's no upside with that trade. It will lead to a mediocre team without a chance to be players in FA or the draft anytime soon...

Rap brought up the Denver model...this is not the denver model. If we wanna remain competitive AND have some room for growth, i dont think Chi brings it

Houston, Warriors and possibly the Nets (depending on how the draft shakes up) are teams we should be looking at. Possibly the Lakers depending on if they'd offer a bit more than Bynum. Hell, I'd do the trade if we can get rid of Hedo with Dwight to the Lakers (somehow) and then run with that, possibly get some decent FA's and maybe get a guy in the draft that can contribute and we'd be pretty fair off

MagicHero3
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
our only hope is if Hedo and J-rich decide to take their talents across seas and then we clear up enough cap room for some stars.

or they could both retire.
or some team will give us some late round picks for them.
or i could keep hoping that hell will freeze over or that politicians will start telling the truth.

not a good situation for us right now, its gonna be hard being patient.

Stinkyoutsider
05-22-2012, 03:24 PM
I think Howard will follow Williams if he's smart. He knows he wants a point guard to get him the ball and an all star like Williams will make Howard even better. Plus, I think Williams is a franchise point guard so you would have 2 stars. Fill out the rest of the roster with a good supporting cast and now you've got a good playoff squad.

Problem is, Williams isn't even thinking about Howard anymore. After Howard's mind games last year, Williams seems like he's planning to look out for his own career and leave Howard high and dry. Williams seems like he's ready to go home and play in Dallas so the only thing now is whether or not Cuban can fit Howard and his contract into his cap...

I'm not sure if I would want Howard now though? He would have to pass a physical and show me he still is a dominant player. Disc surgery takes a long while to come back from.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 03:29 PM
I think Howard will follow Williams if he's smart. He knows he wants a point guard to get him the ball and an all star like Williams will make Howard even better. Plus, I think Williams is a franchise point guard so you would have 2 stars. Fill out the rest of the roster with a good supporting cast and now you've got a good playoff squad.

Problem is, Williams isn't even thinking about Howard anymore. After Howard's mind games last year, Williams seems like he's planning to look out for his own career and leave Howard high and dry. Williams seems like he's ready to go home and play in Dallas so the only thing now is whether or not Cuban can fit Howard and his contract into his cap...

I'm not sure if I would want Howard now though? He would have to pass a physical and show me he still is a dominant player. Disc surgery takes a long while to come back from.

Are you Deron Williams agent?LMAO

dsonLAL24
05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer
CP3, Kobe, Howard on the Lakers can technically still happen. #2013

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM

The Chicago trade gives you two established players, at the very least they're assets to trade later, $13 mill in expiring contracts you can write off this summer, none are guaranteed contracts for next year, and a potential lottery pick in the next 4 years, at the very worst top 12.

I think that's a lot of value for Howard.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:::facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 03:37 PM

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :pity: :facepalm: :facepalm: :pity: :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
The Chicago trade gives you two established mediocre players, at the very least they're assets to trade later, $13 mill in expiring contracts you can write off this summer, none are guaranteed contracts for next year, and a potential lottery pick in the next 4 years, at the very worst top 12.

fixed

nate2usmc
05-22-2012, 03:39 PM
I just hate that the Knicks will always have an association to any frikkin superstar FA (potentially) and then Knicks homers will have unrealistic trade ideas/points leading to the Knicks fanbase getting lumped into being idiots. :mad: :cry:

lol

nate2usmc
05-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Dwight WILL be a NET. Magic will be better off taking that trade package over anything the Knicks offer unless it includes Melo.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
fixed

you can say they're mediocre, but they're valuable assets nonetheless. If you want a rebuild, you're looking for assets to trade later. If you want to be competitive, you can win with those guys now and build around at least Noah. It depends what you want to do.

D12 fan
05-22-2012, 03:47 PM
you can say they're mediocre, but they're valuable assets nonetheless. If you want a rebuild, you're looking for assets to trade later. If you want to be competitive, you can win with those guys now and build around at least Noah. It depends what you want to do.

I think Deng value has dropped a lot,he really didn't show up in the playoffs vs Philly,and Noah is starting to become a injury prone center.

And why would the Bulls trade for Dwight,they would be making a huge gamble with 2 stars coming off major injuries.

smith&wesson
05-22-2012, 03:51 PM
i think howard should go to the lakers. kobe will pass the torch to him. he can be the man in lala land.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I think Deng value has dropped a lot,he really didn't show up in the playoffs vs Philly,and Noah is starting to become a injury prone center.

And why would the Bulls trade for Dwight,they would be making a huge gamble with 2 stars coming off major injuries.

Deng has value and he will be more valuable in 2013, and Noah played 64/66 games this year, then rolled an ankle on someones foot.

Chicago wants cap space and/or a 2nd superstar, and the quickest way to get there is Howard. Its really a win win for Chicago.

ManRam
05-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Deng and Noah just are two 3rd option guys being paid like more than that. There's no upside. With them as our two best players, us still over the cap, and us not having any decent draft picks...well...how does that help us rebuild. A little cap relief is nice...but it's not gonna get us under the cap anytime soon so who cares? It doesnt make a damn bit of difference in terms of signing guys if youre 2 million over or 20 million over.

That Charlotte pick just isn't too valuable either IMO. Getting a first round pick 4 years from now isn't wetting my palate. It won't help with anything in the immediate future...and if we're rebuilding we gotta go all out NOW. This is make or break time.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 04:10 PM
The Chicago trade gives you two established players, at the very least they're assets to trade later, $13 mill in expiring contracts you can write off this summer, none are guaranteed contracts for next year, and a potential lottery pick in the next 4 years, at the very worst top 12.

Boozer = terrible value. Noah is a defensive guy and defensive guy only, and he's not even that good at that. Deng is a good number 2/3 guy. In no way shape or form is he a valuable piece or worth anything to be traded later when he's older. There is no way a trade between the Bulls and Magic that'd work. The only valuable trade piece outside of Rose would be Asik, and that is no where near what other teams can offer. Noah/Deng/Boozer whatever else crap you want to throw in, will not keep Orlando competitive. It'd just handicap them. Terrible

arkanian215
05-22-2012, 04:13 PM
0a

nate2usmc
05-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Deng and Noah just are two 3rd option guys being paid like more than that. There's no upside. With them as our two best players, us still over the cap, and us not having any decent draft picks...well...how does that help us rebuild. A little cap relief is nice...but it's not gonna get us under the cap anytime soon so who cares? It doesnt make a damn bit of difference in terms of signing guys if youre 2 million over or 20 million over.

That Charlotte pick just isn't too valuable either IMO. Getting a first round pick 4 years from now isn't wetting my palate. It won't help with anything in the immediate future...and if we're rebuilding we gotta go all out NOW. This is make or break time.

As an avid Magic fan, what do you think is a good trade option for Dwight. Honestly, I can see Brooklyn has the best package (for now).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Wait a minute..... are knicks fans really thinking amare+chandler for dwight is good for Orlando?:laugh::laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2012, 04:17 PM
If Howard was smart he would jsut refuse to sign an extension regardless of who he was traded to... because whoever trades for him will be doing what NY did with the Melo deal last year: give up too much and have to build from scratch.

Howard to LA for Bynum straight up is the best deal I think Orlando could get. Let's face it, a deal with the Nets that has Lopez at the center of it is not going to be good for Orlando... they need a center that can rebound.

I feel bad for Orlando fans... I hope they have something to look forward to in the near future... them and Cleveland fans both...

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Boozer = terrible value. Noah is a defensive guy and defensive guy only, and he's not even that good at that. Deng is a good number 2/3 guy. In no way shape or form is he a valuable piece or worth anything to be traded later when he's older. There is no way a trade between the Bulls and Magic that'd work. The only valuable trade piece outside of Rose would be Asik, and that is no where near what other teams can offer. Noah/Deng/Boozer whatever else crap you want to throw in, will not keep Orlando competitive. It'd just handicap them. Terrible

Who said anything about Boozer?

I'm not going to get into a debate about them as players, you may not like the players, but they're assets to GM's to be traded whether you think so or not. They just are.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 04:23 PM

If you trade Noah and Deng in separate deals, the aggregate value back will be just as competitive as anything i've read in this thread. You're not going to get everything you want in 1 trade for Dwight, but you can get the most value back in 1 trade and a deal with Chicago is right there if Chicago is willing.

rapjuicer06
As an avid Magic fan, what do you think is a good trade option for Dwight. Honestly, I can see Brooklyn has the best package (for now).

A package of young(er) players and higher picks. Look at Houston and Warriors. They have the best assets unless the Nets get a top 3 pick

Sandman
***** ***** ***** moan moan moan ***** moan ***** moan

****ing get over yourself, ****ing make up your mind and ****ing stop holding Orlando hostage

trading his *** might be the only way the Magic can clean up this gigantic mess that Otis left.

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
If you trade Noah and Deng in separate deals, the aggregate value back will be just as competitive as anything i've read in this thread. You're not going to get everything you want in 1 trade for Dwight, but you can get the most value back in 1 trade and a deal with Chicago is right there if Chicago is willing.

So trade Dwight for less value, then trade the players of less value for players of less value from them...Sounds like **** to me

Dade County
05-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Howard is not holding them hostage... They should trade him if he doesn't want to be their long term.

Howard shouldn't sign anything until he feels that the organization is going in the right direction

nate2usmc
05-22-2012, 04:27 PM
A package of young(er) players and higher picks. Look at Houston and Warriors. They have the best assets unless the Nets get a top 3 pick

That's true but Dwight would be the main hurdle. I can see him MAYBE staying in San Fran but not Houston and no way those teams trade without a signed extension from Dwight. What a **** situation for Orlando smfh.

Giannis94
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
trade him to the bucks......

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
That's true but Dwight would be the main hurdle. I can see him MAYBE staying in San Fran but not Houston and no way those teams trade without a signed extension from Dwight. What a **** situation for Orlando smfh.

Idk, Houston has a solid future, and with Dwight...it could be damn good. Dwight/Martin/Lowry would be a solid team

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 04:34 PM
So trade Dwight for less value, then trade the players of less value for players of less value from them...Sounds like **** to me

Either player can be traded for a lottery pick this year.

Deng can land Tyreke Evans, and Noah can land Lowry and one of their 1st rounders. Giving you even more cap space, picks.

nate2usmc
05-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Idk, Houston has a solid future, and with Dwight...it could be damn good. Dwight/Martin/Lowry would be a solid team

That sounds nice but if Houston keeps Martin AND Lowery, who would the Magic get in return that would keep the Magic almost as competitive as the team when they had Dwight?

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Either player can be traded for a lottery pick this year.

Deng can land Tyreke Evans, and Noah can land Lowry and one of their 1st rounders. Giving you even more cap space, picks.

Noah could not fetch Lowry and a first round pick. There are centers available right now in FA that are better than Noah. Perhaps you've heard of them. Lopez, McGee and Bynum? Why would they trade a first round pick and their best player for a one trick pony who is hurt every year?

rapjuicer06
05-22-2012, 04:44 PM
That sounds nice but if Houston keeps Martin AND Lowery, who would the Magic get in return that would keep the Magic almost as competitive as the team when they had Dwight?

They have a lot of young big men and their 2 first round picks would help and unloading Hedo would also help out. It could give Orlando the chance to sign one of the Centers in FA and get possibly a guy like Scola (not my favorite guy) or one of the younger PF's and then have 3 first round draft picks to add some talent to the team. They could also then flip Scola to a team for another draft pick or more young players. And have a front court of McGee/Lopez with Anderson still and have 3 first round picks and possibly other young players

Dade County
05-22-2012, 04:44 PM
And I don't like when the media and posters say... Howard has to open up more teams as a option to be traded too.

If Howard wants to only play for a hand full of teams, thats his right. Magic need to trade him and get something... He signed on for one more year, the Magic should be happy... They sold tickets, and now they can get some pieces.

Orlando is being the stubborn one... TRADE HIM!!!!!!!

smiddy012
05-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Noah could not fetch Lowry and a first round pick. There are centers available right now in FA that are better than Noah. Perhaps you've heard of them. Lopez, McGee and Bynum? Why would they trade a first round pick and their best player for a one trick pony who is hurt every year?

lmao, that's funny. good one!

EDIT: Lopez and Bynum have been hurt more in their careers than Noah btw. Outside of last season Noah hasn't been out for extensive time due to injury. You're talking out of your ***.

And if Noah is a one-tricky pony Lopez is literally half of a pony. Noah averaged 15/9.3/3 in this years playoffs... that's better than what Boozer put up and he can't even play defense.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 04:56 PM

Yes i forgot, missing 2 games in this regular season means he gets hurt every year, and Lopez and Bynum don't get hurt every year. 1 trick pony? 15/9/3 in the playoffs. Again, you may not like the player but you just don't understand the value he has in a trade. Ask someone you trust if you don't trust me.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 04:58 PM
They have a lot of young big men and their 2 first round picks would help and unloading Hedo would also help out. It could give Orlando the chance to sign one of the Centers in FA and get possibly a guy like Scola (not my favorite guy) or one of the younger PF's and then have 3 first round draft picks to add some talent to the team. They could also then flip Scola to a team for another draft pick or more young players. And have a front court of McGee/Lopez with Anderson still and have 3 first round picks and possibly other young players

Why on earth would Houston rent Howard? The only way you would rent Howard is if you already have a franchise player on your team.

Southsideheat
05-22-2012, 04:58 PM
or Golden State for that matter.

torocan
05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Wait a minute..... are knicks fans really thinking amare+chandler for dwight is good for Orlando?:laugh::laugh:

Amare/Chandler for Dwight/Hedo +- a few pieces isn't horrible.

Remember, Dwight is an EXPIRING Contract. There's ZERO guarantee he'll sign for an extended no matter where he ends up, he's recovering from a Herniated Disc (chronic, nagging injury), and he has a reputation now as a bit of a Diva and coach killer.

Amare's contract is inflated, however so is Hedo's.

Dwight is arguably the better Center, but Chandler isn't exactly a slouch. The Magic can't keep Dwight, but how many centers better than Chandler would the Magic expect to be able to get any time soon?

So, the Magic would be trading Dwight (expiring) + Hedo (3 year) for Chandler (3 year) + Stat (3 year) +- some odd pieces.

Not as horrible as it sounds unless the Magic wants to grow a young team.

STAT + Chandler + some nice FA pick ups would get the Magic a good part of the way to a playoff team. Just round out the guards and shooters and you're rolling nicely.

Going the young route is fine, just expect a 2-3 year turnaround and don't be surprised if the FO would rather sell tickets and make a big splash post-Dwight.

Punk
05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Sounds like the Magic are looking to stay competitive. They aren't looking to rebuild unless it's the best offer they can get.

Amare + Tyson is great fit for whatever coach goes to Orlando just like Bynum/Gasol. PSD retards continue to amaze me.

smiddy012
05-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Honestly I'd rather be a Bobcats fan than an Orlando fan right now. DH has ****ed that entire organization and fanbase to high-heaven.

Casey from NY
05-22-2012, 05:43 PM
"Even if Howard is offered a say in who the next coach and general manager will be, the Magic will want him do sign an extension before ceding that type of power to him."

Well DUH. It's a shame the Magic didn't have a choice in the first place and it's disgusting how selfish he is. He should have no complaints now and should definitely not be looking elsewhere.

http://www.sportsrageous.com/stan-van-gundy-out-of-orlando-05-22-2012

Trueblue2
05-22-2012, 05:50 PM

Contract aside he'd actually fit at the 4 with Melo at the 3. He'd open up the lane for Melo to slash as opposed to clogging it like Amare does.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Sounds like the Magic are looking to stay competitive. They aren't looking to rebuild unless it's the best offer they can get.

Amare + Tyson is great fit for whatever coach goes to Orlando just like Bynum/Gasol. PSD retards continue to amaze me.

Amare+Tyson+Melo barely made to the playoffs and you expect tyson+amare to make playoffs in Orlando?? wow lol

orlando might rather do tyson+whoever not named amare for dwight, only an idiot GM would take amare off the knicks hands and hand them the best center in the NBA LMFAO:laugh:

Trueblue2
05-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Bynum/Pau for Dwight/Anderson/and a bad contract that fits the 8.9 mil TPE

J4KOP99
05-22-2012, 06:30 PM
No way Orlando takes Amare... that would be a horrible decision.

-As a Lakers fan, it pains me to say this, but I think dwight ends up on LA. He better fix his attitude though and not have any more back problems.