PDA

View Full Version : Will We Ever See A Kobe Vs LeBron NBA Finals Matchup?

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Kobe is declining and his team is getting further away of being a championship contender, while LeBron (w/ Wade and Bosh) is on the rise and so is his team in a Weak Eastern Conference.

These two had a good chance to meet when LeBron was having his MVP Seasons in Cleveland and Kobe was still somewhat close to his prime with Phil under the triangle.

Do you think we'll ever get to see these two face off in the NBA Finals, or have we seen the last of Kobe's Lakers even sniffing the Finals?

davids22
05-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Why don't YOU discuss it? It should be against the rules to just throw a general question out there (one that's been asked hundreds of times before) and say DISCUSS like you're a moderator.

Norm
05-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Half the people, yes!
Half the people, no!

/thread

Bruno
05-22-2012, 03:40 AM
should have happened in 2009. the cavs had the best record in the league, lead the league in SRS, and KG was injured for the Celtics.

i doubt it, although, maybe- depending on off-season moves.

robbnen#31
05-22-2012, 03:42 AM
I would like to see it, but I don't think Kobe will reach the finals again. Unless that special German procedure on his knees can extend his career.

JJ_JKidd
05-22-2012, 03:44 AM
Maybe. But Kobe would be past his prime then so what's the use?

kblo247
05-22-2012, 03:59 AM
I honestly think we have a better shot at them playing together in one in a couple years if Miami doesn't win when he gets his opt out. LA will have the cap space and Kobe will pass the torch to him because it looks better than what Shaq did for him, and at the same time LeBron will have Kobe to be the voice. Just a thought

naps
05-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Yes if Kobe grows some passing genes and becomes a facilitator. He's still very capable of a player but sadly he doesn't accept the reality of the need of changing his scoring first mentality. LA is a terrific team and they have the most balanced big three. Tweak the bench, add another scoring wing, get a coach who won't suck Kobe's balls like Mike Clown and who can tell Kobe to change his mentality.

naps
05-22-2012, 04:05 AM
I honestly think we have a better shot at them playing together in one in a couple years if Miami doesn't win when he gets his opt out. LA will have the cap space and Kobe will pass the torch to him because it looks better than what Shaq did for him, and at the same time LeBron will have Kobe to be the voice. Just a thought

:laugh2:

Keep dreaming.

basketfan4life
05-22-2012, 04:34 AM
No, Don't dream of it, i don't want no drama queen franchise player in LA. These people are acting like Lakers are nothing and can't attract superstars because they lost twice in WCSF, the reality is that is 2nd. most winning team in nba History and the trash talking people hasn't even won **** yet.

Bulls_fan90
05-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I like pie.

jam
05-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Discuss.

Five Guys vs. In N Out. Discuss. SMH.

LeMarcus
05-22-2012, 04:40 AM
No, Don't dream of it, i don't want no drama queen franchise player in LA. These people are acting like Lakers are nothing and can't attract superstars because they lost twice in WCSF, the reality is that is 2nd. most winning team in nba History and the trash talking people hasn't even won **** yet.

May I ask what is there to offer from LA to attract other superstars?

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-22-2012, 04:47 AM
Five Guys vs. In N Out. Discuss. SMH.

:laugh2: I LoL'ed Hard.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2012, 05:05 AM
:laugh2:

Keep dreaming.

I sure as hell dont want it happening, but it is possible.

naps
05-22-2012, 05:22 AM
I sure as hell dont want it happening, but it is possible.

Yeah, nothing is impossible in this world. In that sense we can say somehow Chris Paul and Dwight will end up in Miami. Miracles happens right :p

Method28
05-22-2012, 05:29 AM

andrew bynum says hi

Six-8-TheWizard
05-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Half the people, yes!
Half the people, no!

/thread

This

basketfan4life
05-22-2012, 06:20 AM
May I ask what is there to offer from LA to attract other superstars?

They always find a way, that much is for sure, even this year they found a way until Stern stepped in.

andrew bynum says hi

yeah, i don't want him that much too, but he is half of what lbj is as far as dramas go.

Yeah, nothing is impossible in this world. In that sense we can say somehow Chris Paul and Dwight will end up in Miami. Miracles happens right :p

Happiest day of year for you, the Lakers and kobe in particular eliminated. When do you feel stronger emotions, when the lakers lose or when the heat win? my guess is when the lakers lose, since you are such a big hater and a troll.

billsftw
05-22-2012, 06:38 AM

celtics are still better...

billsftw
05-22-2012, 06:40 AM
yeah, i don't want him that much too, but he is half of what lbj is as far as dramas go.

yeh i'd much rather have an overrated psycho lunatic than the best player in the game...

Chronz
05-22-2012, 06:50 AM
should have happened in 2009. the cavs had the best record in the league, lead the league in SRS, and KG was injured for the Celtics.

i doubt it, although, maybe- depending on off-season moves.

It wouldve happened if not for Dwight, he went from looking like Shaq vs Clevelands bigs vs looking like Rik Smits vs prime Pau and Bynum

Marco22
05-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Nobody wants to play with a fading superstar Kobe Bryant.

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 07:49 AM
it'll be irrelevant because i hate to say it but kobe is getting old

Marco22
05-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Kobe Lovers thank he will go on and on and on and on.

NBAfan4life
05-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Maybe. But Kobe would be past his prime then so what's the use?

this

RaiderLakersA's
05-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Won't happen.

mjm07
05-22-2012, 01:13 PM
yeh i'd much rather have an overrated psycho lunatic than the best player in the game...

This. Laker fans would jump for joy if LBJ signed with them. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

LBJ/Kobe would be one helluva of a tandem.

sep11ie
05-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Which bear is best?

DISCUSS

Raider Fanatic
05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
No because Kobe won't be back and Lebron will never get there again.

RaiderLakersA's
05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
This. Laker fans would jump for joy if LBJ signed with them. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

LBJ/Kobe would be one helluva of a tandem.

I made this very suggestion back when LeBron was in his last year with Cleveland. Their games fit perfectly, and LeBron would never have to worry about having the same pressure of being the top dog, given Kobe's personality and the fact that Kobe has already carved out his legacy. It would have been Magic and Kareem all over again, with Kobe being Kareem in this scenario.

BK-TY
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Won't happen.

IIISSKiLL
05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
The Whooper or The Big Mac
Discuss

natelpete
05-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Discuss

Big Mac

Ebbs
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
No I thin kthe window's closed.

Sinestro
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Probably not the West will soon turn over to the younger teams which have more talent at this point

numba1CHANGsta
05-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes it will happen, Kobe has 3-4 years left, im pretty sure the Lakers will be a contender once again by then, LeBron still has 3 years left in his contract so its quite possible, oh and also there seems to be no clear cut favorite other than the Heat to come out of the East for the foreseeable future

Knowledge
05-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I wouldnt hold my breathe for it , but it is still possible.

btw Speaking of the playoffs, Lebron, and Kobe does anyone have a direct link to that website that was analyzing where players are most comfortable shooting on the floor that they could post? I believe it was strictly focused on playoff teams.

LeMarcus
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I just don't understand how some of these lakers fan can justify not wanting Lebron in the team if they have a chance.
Replace Kobe with Lebron on this current team and guarantee bron would maximize the teams potential.

natelpete
05-22-2012, 02:56 PM
I just don't understand how some of these lakers fan can justify not wanting Lebron in the team if they have a chance.
Replace Kobe with Lebron on this current team and guarantee bron would maximize the teams potential.

They do want him, but you will never get them to admit it

king4day
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I added a poll to this. I think losing out on Paul really set them back. If they get Howard then I think it's still possible. For now though I choose now.

JordansBulls
05-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't matter much anymore. This isn't 2008-2010. The only one know that matters may be a Lebron vs Durant.

Bruno
05-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Yes if Kobe grows some passing genes and becomes a facilitator. He's still very capable of a player but sadly he doesn't accept the reality of the need of changing his scoring first mentality. LA is a terrific team and they have the most balanced big three. Tweak the bench, add another scoring wing, get a coach who won't suck Kobe's balls like Mike Clown and who can tell Kobe to change his mentality.
twelve assists away from being top five in all-time post-season assists says whats up naps.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_career_p.html

6'6 shooting guards, aren't supposed to be a teams top facilitator.

JordansBulls
05-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I added a poll to this. I think losing out on Paul really set them back. If they get Howard then I think it's still possible. For now though I choose now.

It made for a better race in the West.

LeMarcus
05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Discuss

Big Mac

I'd go with the Big Mac too.
I've never had a whooper.

ManRam
05-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Doubtful. Unless LA some how improves drastically this off-season...the Lakers aren't making it any time soon.

The only way thus I could see it happening is later on when Kobe isn't a first, or maybe even second, option. And that will make the match up lose most of it's appeal.

It sucks. The best player in the NBA for the last 5 or so years never will face the best player with the most consistent success of the 2000s. And obviously, they're so interconnected, for whatever reasons, that it's something that would just be so amazing to see.