PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Heading in a new direction

JesusWears24
05-22-2012, 01:40 AM
The fact that the Lakers were beaten this badly by the Thunder shows that having 2 7 footers is really an advantage anymore. This opens up new and better possibilities for the future which every laker fan has been waiting for. The Thunder may think they are in control of the West, but i believe the Lakers will win the championship many many times beginning with 2013 -2014.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Guess u didn't watch this series

shep33
05-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Having two 7-footers wasn't really the advantage. Bynum wasn't a significant factor in LA's championships. It was having a 3 man rotation of Pau, Drew, and Odom.

LA brought back the same team without their two best bench players (Odom + Shannon) and the greatest coach of all-time... yet they managed to actually do better than last year. Albeit by one game lol

TheJesus
05-22-2012, 01:55 AM
PG: Steve Francis
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: JR Smith
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Andrew Bynum

LAOwnsAll15
05-22-2012, 02:03 AM
If anyone has watched any playoff action this season they will know that the days of half-court systems are coming to an end. Teams are running and gunning, and basing their entire playbook on getting easy shots off fast breaks.

Lakers on the other hand have zero fast break ability. Their offense stalls constantly. In half-court situations Gasol is a ***** cant set a pick to save his life. And their 3 point shooters dont make 3's.

Honestly this team can either blow it up, or re-tool and upgrade their role players.

Teeboy1487
05-22-2012, 02:03 AM
LOL at long way from home.

sharqstealth
05-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Just curious. Would you guys take Amare for Gasol?

LAOwnsAll15
05-22-2012, 02:11 AM

I dont see how that would ever work with Bynum being around.

Mave1002
05-22-2012, 02:19 AM

From MBA to Kindergarten? Uh uh. No offense Amare.

Lake_Show2416
05-22-2012, 02:28 AM

no, i cant see any team in the NBA taking a chance on Amare, his injuries r scary & he's owned a lot of money... maybe a a smaller market team but they would have to be very desperate

Monta is beast
05-22-2012, 02:29 AM
They should trade Gasol and Sessions for Rondo and fillers.

Supreme LA
05-22-2012, 02:37 AM
If anyone has watched any playoff action this season they will know that the days of half-court systems are coming to an end. Teams are running and gunning, and basing their entire playbook on getting easy shots off fast breaks.

Lakers on the other hand have zero fast break ability. Their offense stalls constantly. In half-court situations Gasol is a ***** cant set a pick to save his life. And their 3 point shooters dont make 3's.

Honestly this team can either blow it up, or re-tool and upgrade their role players.

The days of half-court basketball is almost gone because of Stern. Phil Jackson has urged the league for years about cleaning up the post play and not allowing guys to just be pushed in the back.

It's been clear where the league has been heading since the hand checking rule was put in place. A few years from now, with throwback players like Pierce, Kobe, KG, and Tim Duncan gone, this league will almost resemble nothing of the one I grew up watching.

It's a new age and Russell Westbrook will continue to thrive. That kid is a beast.

YoungOne
05-22-2012, 02:58 AM

haha.

waveycrockett
05-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Lakers need a PG, a real PG. They should have traded Gasol to BOS for Rondo when they had the chance.

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 04:42 AM
The fact that the Lakers were beaten this badly by the Thunder shows that having 2 7 footers is really an advantage anymore. This opens up new and better possibilities for the future which every laker fan has been waiting for. The Thunder may think they are in control of the West, but i believe the Lakers will win the championship many many times beginning with 2013 -2014.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120213055636/uncyclopedia/images/5/52/Double-facepalm.jpg

The Lakers will never win a championship as long Mike Brown is coach

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-22-2012, 05:06 AM

I hope you're kidding

Derick713
05-22-2012, 05:21 AM
The problem the Lakers have is they don't have one of the best young players in the game. The next decade belongs to the teams that have Durant and LeBron on them. Kinda like how the last decade belonged to the teams that had Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, and Kobe Bryant. The Lakers have to hope they can land a franchise talent that can lead them into the next decade.

Six-8-TheWizard
05-22-2012, 06:07 AM
PG: Steve Francis
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: JR Smith
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Andrew Bynum

Wha?

MTar786
05-22-2012, 08:29 AM
i either want to see this lineup next season

rondo/goudelock
kobe/ j rich
artest/barnes/
hill/ bass
dwight/

gasol and sessions for rondo and bass
bynum, blake and ebanks for dwight and richardson

hopefully we can sign odom back or use the tpe for another great pf if we can't get odom... then we can use bass, morris, murphy,mcroberts and picks as trade chips for tweaks

we would defensively be INSANE. and we would have a great scoring back up for kobe.. with a sharp shooter in goudelock. then we'd also have another energy guy in bass if we can't get odom or use the tie for something significant. maybe we can amnesty artest if he drops off this offseason. i don't see ron having another good year.. even defensively. this year he was great on d.. but he's getting too old. maybe we can sign some oldies too. anyone know who's gonna be a free agent?

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
They Lakers have what it takes to win. They just need better coaching and better ball distribution. I said in another thread, Kobe should be looking to score between 20-25 point per games, instead of 25-30. He either needs to distribure the ball, or move without the ball and let the PG distribute. Role players like World-Peace and Murphy would do the Lakers better if they were getting consistent looks.

Lakers are still contenders though... they still have one of the best cores in the game.

If they had hired Adleman instead of Brown, they'd have won this series.

pacofunk64
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Gasol & Bynum for
Howard & Turkoglu

DONE

celtNYpatsHeels
05-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Celtics are not going to trade for Gasol, let alone trade Rondo for Gasol.

The Lakers do need to go in a new direction: FIRE MIKE BROWN

NYMetros
05-22-2012, 11:06 AM
The problem with the Lakers is they have no bench or anyone that can knock down perimeter shots, which is what you absolutely need when you have guys like Bynum and Gasol who get doubled all the time in the low block and Kobe who sees doubles routinely. They need someone they can kick it out to who can make 3s consistently. Sessions is a terrible shooter, Blake is meh, Artest is inconsistent, McRoberts was a horrible signing, their one reliable bench player Odom they gave away...their bench is just a mess.

btw there's no way the Celtics do a Gasol for Rondo swap now.

BALLER R
05-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Future of the NBA is speed, quickness, shooters and athletic ability. Honestly I think within the next 5 years we are going to see some young powerhouse teams. Might start seeing some young championship teams

JordansBulls
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM

If your advantage is your big men then one player shouldn't be taking more shots than those bigs combined.

Giannis94
05-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Being a Bucks "fan" Hammond might as welll just offer a dumb trade, he hasn't done a smart trade in the past so why not.

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 11:46 AM
sign iverson and let kobe and him chuck away the future and the past

Bean
05-22-2012, 11:48 AM

I'd do that trade. But how are the Lakers going to get Marc from Memphis?

NickyNick
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
i either want to see this lineup next season

rondo/goudelock
kobe/ j rich
artest/barnes/
hill/ bass
dwight/

gasol and sessions for rondo and bass
bynum, blake and ebanks for dwight and richardson

hopefully we can sign odom back or use the tpe for another great pf if we can't get odom... then we can use bass, morris, murphy,mcroberts and picks as trade chips for tweaks

we would defensively be INSANE. and we would have a great scoring back up for kobe.. with a sharp shooter in goudelock. then we'd also have another energy guy in bass if we can't get odom or use the tie for something significant. maybe we can amnesty artest if he drops off this offseason. i don't see ron having another good year.. even defensively. this year he was great on d.. but he's getting too old. maybe we can sign some oldies too. anyone know who's gonna be a free agent?

Gasol and Sessions for Rondo and Bass? haha yeahhhhhhhh

boolish
05-22-2012, 12:18 PM
yep. due south.

AntiG
05-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Gasol and Sessions for Rondo and Bass? haha yeahhhhhhhh

Sure, Celtics will do that trade, if LA throws in Kobe LOL

RaiderLakersA's
05-22-2012, 12:39 PM
All I can say to this thread is "YES!!!" and "Is it football season yet???" The Lakers can't win with their current group of players, so they have to retool. Kobe isn't going anywhere, but the rest of the team needs to be gutted.

And I'm not sold on Brown as the HC.

RiLoc
05-22-2012, 01:18 PM
It's hard for me to see the Lakers winning another championship without some serious retooling. The Lakers have some great pieces, but none of them fit together.

Pau, Bynum and Kobe draw defenders into the post, but the Lakers don't have the three point shooters to punish the sagging and it makes it harder on interior offense. Their team is increasing and age, yet their bench is getting thinner and there is no young players that provide energy. The Lakers personnel is made for the triangle, especially Pau, but Mike Brown doesn't run the triangle.

The Lakers just need to come up with a clear strategy. For better or worse, I suspect Mike Brown and Kobe are staying, so the strategy needs to be based around that. Outside of looking to trade Pau who doesn't fit anymore, I'm not sure what that means. I'm a Pau fan, but it's painful watching him on this team, he doesn't fit anymore and he'll always be a scapegoat.

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I wonder how things would've been different if that Pau trade happened to Rockets for I think Scola and Martin or Lowry? Fun to speculate about that kind of thing. I know it wasn't all on Pau, but he certainly struggled although it was better than last year.