PDA

View Full Version : westbrook is VERY close to durant

JoeyBoy718
05-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Durant is the better player, but by a hair... a very thin hair. For two years now Westbrook has proved he is just as good as Durant. I say this because if Durant is the 2-3 best player in the league, then Westbrook is the 3-4 best. The difference between LeBron and Wade is miles beyond the difference between Durant and Westbrook. What do you think?

Wade>You
05-22-2012, 12:38 AM
I like Westbrook, but Durant is far more consistent at putting up the numbers and big performances. That's why he's a superstar and Westbrook is an all-star.

Swashcuff
05-22-2012, 12:39 AM
No Durant is the far superior player. Westbrook is one of the most underrated, under appreciated and misunderstood players in the league however. All he has done every season since coming into the league is improve. Great player.

greg_ory_2005
05-22-2012, 12:40 AM
I like Westbrook, but Durant is far more consistent at putting up the numbers and big performances. That's why he's a superstar and Westbrook is an all-star.

I agree.

JoeyBoy718
05-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Westbrook is far more than an all-star. He is a bonafied superstar. You're right about Durant being more consistent, which is why Durant is the better overall player. But Westbrook is the better player in many, many games. As great as Wade is, he rarely outshines LeBron on the court. Westbrook does it every 2 to 3 games. I think Westbrook has proved himself to be a top 5 player in this league.

gatkins11
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM

Agreed.

mdm692
05-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Durant has more moves and is more clutch. Westbrook only has that 18-20 foot jumper he needs to add a consistent 3pt shot and a consistent fadeaway before he can ve considered a superstar. He is not as close to durant as the op stated but he isn't that far off. I will say this 2 years from now the best pg's in the league list will look like this.

D-rose
Westbrook
Cp3
kyrie
Rondo.

JoeyBoy718
05-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Durant has more moves and is more clutch. Westbrook only has that 18-20 foot jumper he needs to add a consistent 3pt shot and a consistent fadeaway before he can ve considered a superstar. He is not as close to durant as the op stated but he isn't that far off. I will say this 2 years from now the best pg's in the league list will look like this.

D-rose
Westbrook
Cp3
kyrie
Rondo.

It already looks like that.

mvb815
05-22-2012, 12:55 AM
westbrook isn't even near durants level

durant is on a level with only lebron james

mdm692
05-22-2012, 12:58 AM
It already looks like that.

To some people only. People are still obsessed with cp3 and he does deserve some of the attention and praise but in 2 years it will be crystal clear.

Thunder 9
05-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Speaking as someone who has seen every second of every thunder game westbrook has had preformances like this every abou four to five games throughout the season durant tonight usualy does better so when you look at the big picture I got to say Durant will be better than Westbrook for a long time to come.

Corey
05-22-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm a huge Russy supporter, but Durant is easily the superior player.

MetroMan
05-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Westbrook=Derrick Rose. Biggest difference is rose's best player is deng and westbrooks is Durant(the 1B best in the NBA)

JoeyBoy718
05-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Westbrook=Derrick Rose. Biggest difference is rose's best player is deng and westbrooks is Durant(the 1B best in the NBA)

Call me crazy, I think the top 5 players in the NBA are 1) LeBron (a considerable amount of space between him and #2), 2) Durant, 3) Rose, 4) Westbrook, 5) Wade (but Wade is falling very quickly; will be a fringe top 10 player next season). Also, I think CP3 is very overrated... even when healthy.

Bishnoff
05-22-2012, 01:22 AM

I agree.

Method28
05-22-2012, 01:31 AM

Call me crazy, I think the top 5 players in the NBA are 1) LeBron (a considerable amount of space between him and #2), 2) Durant, 3) Rose, 4) Westbrook, 5) Wade (but Wade is falling very quickly; will be a fringe top 10 player next season). Also, I think CP3 is very overrated... even when healthy.

crazy

More-Than-Most
05-22-2012, 01:35 AM
:pity:

Ezio
05-22-2012, 01:44 AM
A healthy CP3 is overrated :laugh:

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 01:47 AM
When westbrook is a top 5 player in the league you know this league is watered down, he's a good player though but in the early 2000's he wouldn't even be top 10

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Cp3 will always be injured if he plays bad same with Wade that's how idiots work

ccg34
05-22-2012, 02:01 AM

D-rose
Westbrook
Cp3
kyrie
Rondo.

Deron Williams
D-Rose
CP3
Kyrie
Westbrook

sharqstealth
05-22-2012, 02:03 AM
He's good, but this is overrated!

Baller1
05-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Westbrook is very underrated, that's all I'll for now.

Soonerule
05-22-2012, 02:11 AM
ahh the KD vs Westbrook debate.....

I would like to interject a couple of things into this discussion that I haven't seen talked about yet.

1. and this is the minor of the two. Kevin has been in the league a year longer than Russell has, it matters...

2. and this is the wrench I want to throw into this discussion. Kevin Durant has always been the go to scorer on any team he has been on since probably 9th grade. He was drafted for that purpose and has only had to raise his game to the NBA level, something he has done incredibly well. Russell on the other hand spent his younger days as a scorer like Kevin, but when the Thunder drafted him they turned him into a point guard, a position that must develop a completely different mindset from anything he had done growing up. So not only has he had to bring his game up to the NBA level, he has had to do it at a new position and I'm not talking from a 3 to a 2. Where he spent his whole life primarily concerned with just his game, now he is responsible for the entire team as well. Considering that, I'd say the kid has done alright.

Monta is beast
05-22-2012, 02:20 AM
durant has more moves and is more clutch. Westbrook only has that 18-20 foot jumper he needs to add a consistent 3pt shot and a consistent fadeaway before he can ve considered a superstar. He is not as close to durant as the op stated but he isn't that far off. I will say this 2 years from now the best pg's in the league list will look like this.

D-rose
westbrook
cp3
kyrie
rondo
curry.

Had to do it

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Westbrook is a superstar, but Durant is a franchise player. That's the difference.

billsftw
05-22-2012, 07:06 AM
To some people only. People are still obsessed with cp3 and he does deserve some of the attention and praise but in 2 years it will be crystal clear.

how's rose's knee???

billsftw
05-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Deron Williams
D-Rose
CP3
Kyrie
Westbrook

CP3, Westbrook, Drose, Deron, Kyrie

jp611
05-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah Durant is superior but Russell Westbrook is coming into his own... He is making a case as the best PG in the NBA

beasted86
05-22-2012, 07:16 AM

Well everyone can have an opinion, but can you back it up with any facts?

Most of the stats say that Wade and Paul are a couple tiers above Westbrook and Rose... Howard is slightly above those 2 as well. On the defensive end, Howard and Wade are above those names I just mentioned.

beasted86
05-22-2012, 07:22 AM
ahh the KD vs Westbrook debate.....

I would like to interject a couple of things into this discussion that I haven't seen talked about yet.

1. and this is the minor of the two. Kevin has been in the league a year longer than Russell has, it matters...

2. and this is the wrench I want to throw into this discussion. Kevin Durant has always been the go to scorer on any team he has been on since probably 9th grade. He was drafted for that purpose and has only had to raise his game to the NBA level, something he has done incredibly well. Russell on the other hand spent his younger days as a scorer like Kevin, but when the Thunder drafted him they turned him into a point guard, a position that must develop a completely different mindset from anything he had done growing up. So not only has he had to bring his game up to the NBA level, he has had to do it at a new position and I'm not talking from a 3 to a 2. Where he spent his whole life primarily concerned with just his game, now he is responsible for the entire team as well. Considering that, I'd say the kid has done alright.

Were you watching Westbrook from his high school days? I don't know that he was ever a scorer.

Just my personal opinion from what I saw when he was at UCLA is he was never a natural scorer. Because a player has a 'score first' mentality doesn't mean he's necessarily a scorer. Westbrook was always a raw player that mainly relied on athleticism to get him all the way to college, and basically the main reasons he was drafted was his elite athleticism, defense, and potential. He wasn't a scorer though as a draft prospect.

Chronz
05-22-2012, 07:23 AM
In the playoffs, your right OP. Westbrook has been every good as Durant, if not better.

69centers
05-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Westbrook is far more than an all-star. He is a bonafied superstar. You're right about Durant being more consistent, which is why Durant is the better overall player. But Westbrook is the better player in many, many games. As great as Wade is, he rarely outshines LeBron on the court. Westbrook does it every 2 to 3 games. I think Westbrook has proved himself to be a top 5 player in this league.

He is not a "superstar" or top 5 player in this league. You must be forgetting:

Lebron
Durant
Kobe
Kevin Love
Rose
Tony Parker
CP3
Dwight
Wade

Agreed, they are 1 and 2 in the league.

JesusNYY_Savior
05-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Deron Williams
D-Rose
CP3
Kyrie
Westbrook

CP3, Westbrook, Drose, Deron, Kyrie
No Rubio love? Kid will was a stud when healthy last year and he will only get better

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 08:35 AM
durnant is better but the gap is shrinking

Heatcheck
05-22-2012, 08:58 AM

You dont watch many heat games do you?

Patman
05-22-2012, 09:16 AM
In the playoffs, your right OP. Westbrook has been every good as Durant, if not better.

Yeah in this playoffs he is in the same league, He only scores 2 Points per game less (4 minutes less PT). He puts so much pressure on the defense. Overall Durant is still the better player but in this playoffs you can make the case, I think Westbrook starts to get it. I thought last season he tried to do to much especially in the 4th but now he seems to have eased in to his role.

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 09:51 AM

He is not a "superstar" or top 5 player in this league. You must be forgetting:

Lebron
Durant
Kobe
Kevin Love
Rose
Tony Parker
CP3
Dwight
Wade

Agreed, they are 1 and 2 in the league.
Westbrook is better than Parker and more of a superstar than Parker IMO

Corey
05-22-2012, 10:20 AM

No he hasn't.

Durant has better percentages from 2p, 3p, FT, more rebounds, and a better performance index, while having similar PPP.

dh144498
05-22-2012, 01:01 PM
individually speaking durant's a better overall player. But RW is the xfactor in a playoff series and not Durant.

Patman
05-22-2012, 01:21 PM
No he hasn't.

Durant has better percentages from 2p, 3p, FT, more rebounds, and a better performance index, while having similar PPP.

While having a higher USG% Westbrook boasts the Higher ORTG or PPP. Westbrook has an insanely low TOV% which is the reason he has a better PPP. russel also has the better WS/48 and the better PER.

If we watch them as scorers Westbrook is more efficient because he doesn't turn the ball over. You can make the Argument and there is even statistical evidence for it.
Production and Efficiency wise they are very similar in those playoffs.

jayjay33
05-22-2012, 02:00 PM
I like Westbrook more because he attacks the basket.....KD doesn't post or attack. He"s a Jump shooter and he only gets away with it because westy and harden go so hard to the cup. If you can "only" have 1 I'm not sure I'm taking the jump shooters.

Chronz
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
No he hasn't.

I didnt mean he was a better scorer, just that hes every bit as good as him overall. Individually hes not a better scorer, but do assists and creating on your own mean nothing? He has a higher usage% along with a higher Offensive RTG. This is why his PER/WinShare numbers are superior. When you account for how many shots he takes off the dribble his adjusted PER is even greater.

At the least you have to admit its close.

Soonerule
05-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Were you watching Westbrook from his high school days? I don't know that he was ever a scorer.

Just my personal opinion from what I saw when he was at UCLA is he was never a natural scorer. Because a player has a 'score first' mentality doesn't mean he's necessarily a scorer. Westbrook was always a raw player that mainly relied on athleticism to get him all the way to college, and basically the main reasons he was drafted was his elite athleticism, defense, and potential. He wasn't a scorer though as a draft prospect.

I know he wasn't a point guard in high school or college and that was the primary point I was making.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-22-2012, 08:53 PM
No he hasn't.

At least against the Lakers, Westbrook was the reason they won IMO. Durant may have hit some big shots, but it was Westbrook who really dominated that series.

tredigs
05-22-2012, 09:19 PM
At least against the Lakers, Westbrook was the reason they won IMO. Durant may have hit some big shots, but it was Westbrook who really dominated that series.

KD averaged 27/9/3 on 52% from the field, including some of those big shots you mentioned.

... "may have hit some big shots" is something you might write about a guy in the Derek Fisher role (when he was relevant). Only Westbrook outplayed Durant in this series, and it was very close. Just two young superstars doing the damn thing.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
KD averaged 27/9/3 on 52% from the field, including some of those big shots you mentioned.

... "may have hit some big shots" is something you might write about a guy in the Derek Fisher role (when he was relevant). Only Westbrook outplayed Durant in this series, and it was very close. Just two young superstars doing the damn thing.

I am not denying the dude can score. That is expected of him, however the numbers don't tell the whole story. Every time there was a shift in momentum that changed the course of the game, it was usually Westbrook who was leading that. The Lakers had absolutely no answer for him. Either way I agree that they are both played amazing. Gonna be a great series vs the Spurs.

QueensG
05-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Durant is better and he plays his position, westbrook is good but he is a ball hog..lacks pointgaurd ability

ModernDaySavage
05-23-2012, 08:23 AM
This thread gave me a good morning laugh before work, ty.

kdspurman
05-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Westbrook is better than Parker and more of a superstar than Parker IMO

What in your opinion makes him more of a Superstar than Parker? Out of curiosity

Westbrook has been very good this post-season. Unstoppable if he's knocking down that mid-range shot.

Baller1
05-23-2012, 11:42 AM
What in your opinion makes him more of a Superstar than Parker? Out of curiosity

Westbrook has been very good this post-season. Unstoppable if he's knocking down that mid-range shot.

I would honestly say it's simply because Parker plays on San Antonio, and most people would argue that he was the third wheel for much of this dynasty's years. Not saying I agree, but that's my guess. It's tough to compare Parker and Westbrook because they're at such different points in their careers; needless to say, I don't think anyone would have a problem with either guy on their roster.

Baller1
05-23-2012, 11:44 AM
One thing I think needs to be said about Westbrook... It's not just luck/coincidence anymore, the guy is as durable as they come in sports. He hasn't missed a game since high school; that's insane.

Durability seems to be forgotten sometimes, and that's a HUGE plus to Westbrook's game; you can always count on him being out there night in and night out.

Becks2307
05-23-2012, 12:17 PM
One thing I think needs to be said about Westbrook... It's not just luck/coincidence anymore, the guy is as durable as they come in sports. He hasn't missed a game since high school; that's insane.

Durability seems to be forgotten sometimes, and that's a HUGE plus to Westbrook's game; you can always count on him being out there night in and night out.

this is why I'm beginning to think he will have a better career than Rose.

Stinkyoutsider
05-23-2012, 12:19 PM
I think Westbrook might be close to Durant when you talk about a complete skill set but Durant is the better, more consistent scorer right now. Since scoring is valued so much in the NBA, then Durant is a better player.

I think Westbrook may be the better defender and even maybe the better passer?

Chronz
05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
I am not denying the dude can score. That is expected of him, however the numbers don't tell the whole story. Every time there was a shift in momentum that changed the course of the game, it was usually Westbrook who was leading that. The Lakers had absolutely no answer for him. Either way I agree that they are both played amazing. Gonna be a great series vs the Spurs.

Isnt hitting the game winning shot the ultimate momentum shifter? LOL I hate those arguments, things like "closing out quarters", stopping a run, its all BS, every possession counts, there is no discernible different in the value of any given possession in my book. Just things people say to sound knowledgeable and make up excuses for why their player is better without having to actually prove anything. Just my 2 cents tho, no disrespect intended.

Swashcuff
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM

As long as I am a PSDer I don't think I'll ever forget the poster who at the start of this season said that ever since college Westbrook has been overachieving and that was evident in his NBA career up until the start of this season where he "fell back down to earth". :laugh2: All the guy has done since he's become an adult was work on his entire body of work and improve in every aspect. He takes great care of his body and its a huge reason that despite his style of play is yet to miss a single game in all these years.

Chronz
05-23-2012, 01:31 PM

Whats funny is that when Rose and WB were compared when they were coming up, people cited Rose body type as a reason he would stay healthier than WB. Something about their shoulders and ability to absorb contact but I cant remember the specifics. All that said, I hope he stays healthy but durability has alot of luck involved so I dont like predicting that sort of thing.

flea
05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
this is why I'm beginning to think he will have a better career than Rose.

I believe most people would take Westbrook over Rose at this point. I certainly would.

Baller1
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
As long as I am a PSDer I don't think I'll ever forget the poster who at the start of this season said that ever since college Westbrook has been overachieving and that was evident in his NBA career up until the start of this season where he "fell back down to earth". :laugh2: All the guy has done since he's become an adult was work on his entire body of work and improve in every aspect. He takes great care of his body and its a huge reason that despite his style of play is yet to miss a single game in all these years.

Haha, I wish I would've seen that guy's post. Regardless of how frustrating watching Westy can be sometimes, I've got nothing but respect for the guy. Not only did he have to switch positions at the highest stage of this game, he wasn't even the starter in college at his other position... He was playing behind Darren ****ing Collison; it's crazy to think about that.

Whats funny is that when Rose and WB were compared when they were coming up, people cited Rose body type as a reason he would stay healthier than WB. Something about their shoulders and ability to absorb contact but I cant remember the specifics. All that said, I hope he stays healthy but durability has alot of luck involved so I dont like predicting that sort of thing.

I actually never knew that... But I guess I can see why people thought Rose would be healthier. Westbrook plays 10,000 mph and has a really contradicting "controlled wrecklessness" about him which probably lead to a lot of people predicting future injury.

Yeah, it's 75% luck I'd say... Maybe more.

Baller1
05-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I believe most people would take Westbrook over Rose at this point. I certainly would.

I think Westy's performance to finish out this postseason, whether it be the WCF or the Finals, will have a lot of people's opinions changing in the Westbrook/Rose debate.

If Westbrook can continue to play as well as he has this postseason, I can see a lot of people finally changing their minds.

flea
05-23-2012, 01:57 PM
That and he still has both ACLs intact.

PhillySportFan
05-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Durant makes his points easier than Westbrook. Westbrook has lower lows, Durant has ice in his veins. Durant is flat out more unstoppable.

drew_ellis_23
05-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Lebron and Durant are about a wash to me. I agree with the rest though. Durant does things that Lebron can't, and Lebron does things that Durant can't. They are both very different. I think what makes Durant better is the fact that late in the game he will take the big shot and has been improving on that aspect of his game. He was clutch in the Laker series. Lebron hasnt shown that ability. If OKC plays Miami in the finals, these guys can make the decision for us. 4 of the best players in the league will be going at it head 2 head.

Bullsfan22
05-23-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm a Westbrook fan. I always thought he would just keep improving. I would love to see him as the lead guy and see how he plays beyond a sample size.

I think Westbrook will never be appreciated and looked at like Rose because of Durant. I still believe most people think Durant takes a load of pressure of Westbrook but I personally think it's a two way street.

It looks like we will never see a Russ without a KD but that shouldn't cloud anyone's opinion of how special Russ is as a player. Thrusted into Roses role early in his career i truly believe Westbrook would have been an even better player than he is to be honest.

But Most people will never be able to overlook the type of talent that allows him to have to those driving lanes and one on one situations that Rose consistently doesn't.

DaLakerz Rulz
05-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Isnt hitting the game winning shot the ultimate momentum shifter? LOL I hate those arguments, things like "closing out quarters", stopping a run, its all BS, every possession counts, there is no discernible different in the value of any given possession in my book. Just things people say to sound knowledgeable and make up excuses for why their player is better without having to actually prove anything. Just my 2 cents tho, no disrespect intended.

My player? As a Laker fan, I have no reason to make Westbrook seem better than he is. In fact I don't like Westbrook at all. I was just responding to people saying that Durant was by far the best Thunder performer in the playoffs. I stand by what I said - Westbrook was what gave the Lakers the most problems, and he is the main reason they won that series so easily. So far, the leader in WS/48 for the Thunder in the playoffs is Harden, followed by Westbrook, and then Durant. I know it doesn't tell the whole story, but clearly Harden/Westbrook have contributed significantly to their success.

I agree every possession counts. In terms of importance I could make the argument the other way around. If you don't get back into the game, there is no opportunity to make a game winning shot. Its like Laker fans blindly calling Kobe the ultimate closer when he hits game winning shots, while ignoring the plays before that. Keep in mind, I am NOT saying that Westbrook is a better player than Durant. I think Westbrook has just exploited his matchups more effectively in the postseason.

Raph12
05-23-2012, 03:11 PM
There is a larger gap between Lebron and Wade than there is Durant and Westbrook. #just saying

flea
05-23-2012, 04:05 PM
WS/48 in a 9 game sample size? :O

DaLakerz Rulz
05-23-2012, 04:23 PM

Like I stated - I know it doesn't tell you everything. My point was that Westbrook has played a huge role in the Thunders' PLAYOFF success so far (specifically in the 2nd round). Didn't really need stats to see that, it was apparent from watching the games. I am not talking about Durant vs. Westbrook in the regular season, so obviously anything we discuss in this situation is going to be a small sample size.

kdspurman
05-23-2012, 04:29 PM
I would honestly say it's simply because Parker plays on San Antonio, and most people would argue that he was the third wheel for much of this dynasty's years. Not saying I agree, but that's my guess. It's tough to compare Parker and Westbrook because they're at such different points in their careers; needless to say, I don't think anyone would have a problem with either guy on their roster.

I can agree with this. But when I hear the term Superstar with WB but not TP I'm curious to know why because TP has done plenty in recent years to be considered amongst the best of PG's for sure.

They're very different but similar in terms of style I think. Both guys finish at the rim at a high percentage, they're mid range shots have improved a great deal, and if that shot is falling they're both unguardable. Westbrook is certainly more explosive than Parker (I'd give anything for TP to have that athleticism lol)

JasonJohnHorn
05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Westbrooks assists numbers went down this year... and his turnovers stayed the same. I would consider that a regression. I was impressed when he was posting 21 a game and 8 assists... but 23 and 5? Don't get me wrong, obviously the guy can ball if he can score 20+ on a contender... but I think he played better ball over the last two season leading up to this one.

Swashcuff
05-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Westbrooks assists numbers went down this year... and his turnovers stayed the same. I would consider that a regression. I was impressed when he was posting 21 a game and 8 assists... but 23 and 5? Don't get me wrong, obviously the guy can ball if he can score 20+ on a contender... but I think he played better ball over the last two season leading up to this one.

You do realize that his shooting also got better this season right? As well as the Thunder's offense. He needs to play this way in order for his team to have the best shot at winning.

Swashcuff
05-23-2012, 07:07 PM

What are you talking about? After 9 games this regular season a great number of PSD voters agreed that Harden was better than Westbrook largely due to their advanced statistics.

Chronz
05-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Like I stated - I know it doesn't tell you everything. My point was that Westbrook has played a huge role in the Thunders' PLAYOFF success so far (specifically in the 2nd round). Didn't really need stats to see that, it was apparent from watching the games. I am not talking about Durant vs. Westbrook in the regular season, so obviously anything we discuss in this situation is going to be a small sample size.

I have WB being equally important if not moreso as well, but I just dont buy the whole 1 shot is much bigger than the other thing.

Jumi
05-23-2012, 08:43 PM
KD is the vastly superior player. Teams focus on stopping KD. Durant will always have the other team's best defender on him during the game. Westbrook doesn't have to go against a good defensive PG on a regular basis. His body of work for the playoffs this year consists of Kidd, Blake, and Sessions. I'm just saying! I'd like to see how he would fair in the East going against Rondo, Chalmers, D Rose, Deron Williams and (to a lesser degree in defensive ability) George Hill, Jrue Holliday and Lou Williams for an entire season. Those numbers would come down!!

JordansBulls
05-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Durant is a top 2-3 player. Westbrook is maybe a top 10 player.