PDA

View Full Version : OKC vs. Spurs

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 12:20 AM
How ****ing epic is this series going to be?

Gram
05-22-2012, 12:22 AM
It'll be sick. Youth vs. experience!

recap5
05-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Spurs in 5.

Baller1
05-22-2012, 12:23 AM
San Antonio in 5.

justinnum1
game 1 is saturday at 8

spurs in 6

Jayrich28
okc in 6 durant is too good damn rookie will get torched

greg_ory_2005
05-22-2012, 12:24 AM
SA in 7.

spurs4#5
This is the only team that has a chance in my opinion to take out the spurs...this series will be epic....spurs in 7

thekmp211
giggity. SAS in 6 as well.

Jayrich28
game 1 saturday damn thats a long time.......

TrueFan420
05-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Can't wait for tip off

gatkins11
I say Spurs in 6.

spurs4#5
game 1 saturday damn thats a long time.......

game 1 is Sunday

Chacarron
If this series doesn't go 7 games I'm going to be disappointed.

mvb815
thunder in 5, spurs have been dominating, but father time will take his toll

ImDaBaron
OKC in 6

justinnum1
game 1 is Sunday

yep, my bad
TNT just announced Game 1 of WCF is Sunday at 8 ET.

kjoke
05-22-2012, 12:26 AM
All I know is that the team that will be coming out, will become much stronger than they are right now. This series will grow the players.

marvILLous
05-22-2012, 12:27 AM
OKC 6 or 7!!

Avenged
This one is tough..

Can see the Spurs or OKC taking this in 6.

Hellcrooner
i hope just an epic enough sant antonio 4-0 sweep to the thunder.

spurs4#5
thunder in 5, spurs have been dominating, but father time will take his toll

they're not old...a lot of their heavy contributors are young...saying the thunder will hand the spurs more loses than they've had in about two months with only giving up one win is a dumb prediction

spurs4#5
05-22-2012, 12:29 AM
I really really really hope the players get to decide this series not the refs

airronijordan
Spurs in 7. I'll consider this the series the real NBA finals

Jayrich28
i dont see how spurs stop durant thats the difference and westbrook will still go off parker cant check him

BobbyHillSwag
05-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Spurs in 4. Spurs are just too good

spurs4#5
05-22-2012, 12:30 AM
i dont see how spurs stop durant thats the difference and westbrook will still go off parker cant check him

nor can Westbrook check parker

Chill_Will_24
05-22-2012, 12:31 AM
This series will be amazing!

JJ_JKidd
05-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Spurs in 5

mvb815
05-22-2012, 12:35 AM
they're not old...a lot of their heavy contributors are young...saying the thunder will hand the spurs more loses than they've had in about two months with only giving up one win is a dumb prediction

saying your actual meaningful contributors are your young guys is a dumb statement. the young guys help but they aren't game changers, if 2/3 of the real trio doesn't go ham they are losing.

that second statement is just stupid considering regular season games and early playoff round games have the same impact as playoff games against the thunder

but it's ok to be a homer sometimes

ThunderousDemon
05-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Los Spurs en cuatro juegos

Jayrich28
so mia series and boston series can go seven each that would get us to saturday......come on seven game series

Longhornfan1234
Thunder are going to punch SA in mouth. They will lay down just like they did last year against Memphis.

spurs4#5
05-22-2012, 12:42 AM
saying your actual meaningful contributors are your young guys is a dumb statement. the young guys help but they aren't game changers, if 2/3 of the real trio doesn't go ham they are losing.

that second statement is just stupid considering regular season games and early playoff round games have the same impact as playoff games against the thunder

both teams are almost identical...but there's 3 major things that makes me think slurs in 7....san Antonio will make them a jump shooting team, spurs have the inside advantage, and we have the best basketball mind in the NBA coach pop

ThunderousDemon
05-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Thunder are going to punch SA in mouth. They will lay down just like they did last year against Memphis.

no sueñes con los ojos abiertos

Longhornfan1234
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
no sueñes con los ojos abiertos

English?

JordansBulls
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Spurs in 7.

mvb815
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
both teams are almost identical...but there's 3 major things that makes me think slurs in 7....san Antonio will make them a jump shooting team, spurs have the inside advantage, and we have the best basketball mind in the NBA coach pop

i agree pop will be a clear advantage, but i don't think the spurs can contain durant and westbrook, they will contain one but the other will have big nights

ThunderousDemon
05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
English?

tu que piensas

MintBerryCrunch
05-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Spurs in 6.
The Spurs haven't lost since April 11, haha..

spurs4#5
05-22-2012, 12:57 AM
i agree pop will be a clear advantage, but i don't think the spurs can contain durant and westbrook, they will contain one but the other will have big nights

I agree somewhat...the thing about coach pop is he doesn't go into games saying we're gonna contain this one guy and have this other guy beat us...he goes in with what does okc do well...they do xyz well...we're not gonna let them beat us with xyz and if they start to beat us with something else he will make the adjustments...coach pop is smart enough to not go into this series think just about Durant Westbrook and harden...he will think about the whole team and what they do great

popo85
05-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Parker vs Westbrook will be a great match up got SA in 6. Durant will dominate but the Spurs have so many wing defenders they can throw him and Harden with. I think Splitter will be the unsung hero and the difference maker of this series.

BKLYNpigeon
05-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Spurs in 6.

the spurs do everything well..

- They have a great half court offense
- fast break points
- 3 point shooting
- Best scoring bench in the NBA
- they can REBOUND
- they also play great defense.

no to mention home court advantage.

allSUAVE
05-22-2012, 01:13 AM
All I know is this series determines your 2012 NBA Champions

kubernetes
05-22-2012, 01:14 AM
I love the Spurs, but I'm going to say the Thunder in 7. Durant can't be stopped, and in a seven game stretch either Westbrook or Harden or both will step up for four of them.

BUCSFORLIFE123
05-22-2012, 01:39 AM
this is gonna be a classic series. havnt seen 2 powerhouses going at it like this in awhile
spurs in 6 . everyone will kno who kawhi leonard is after this series

lakerboy
05-22-2012, 01:46 AM
SPURS IN 6.

Father time? **** that!! It's GRAND FATHER TIME!

Bishnoff
05-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Spurs in 5.

Ezio
05-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Spurs play both great half court D and O. Spurs in 6

Lol at the father time thing. Aren't the Clippers one of youngest team? 6 days of rest is more than enough for SAS to rest.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Spurs sweep

sharqstealth
05-22-2012, 01:52 AM
This is 2 equally matched powerhouse... But most of the time experience prevails over youth. I'll take the Spurs in 7 games!

sharqstealth
05-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Gregg Popovich is going to be the difference!

Soonerule
05-22-2012, 01:56 AM
nor can Westbrook check parker

He better if we are going to give you guys a run for your money, at least a little...

These teams are so much alike in some ways and so different in others. It's the Spurs depth that is so scary. Pop's little perpetual scoring machine doesn't seem to miss a beat no matter who is on the floor. I don't make predictions, but I am looking for a...... SIGN!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJh-el0gBI)

yeah, one like that, lol

spurs4#5
05-22-2012, 02:13 AM
He better if we are going to give you guys a run for your money, at least a little...

These teams are so much alike in some ways and so different in others. It's the Spurs depth that is so scary. Pop's little perpetual scoring machine doesn't seem to miss a beat no matter who is on the floor. I don't make predictions, but I am looking for a...... SIGN!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJh-el0gBI)

yeah, one like that, lol

something I'm sure is going to get overlooked is we have a major advantage with our bigs...duncan, diaw vs ibaka, Perkins..what the thunder are gonna get hurt on is the spurs floor spacing is the best in the NBA and with diaw around the 3 point line which big do u have guard him? Ibaka? Take away rum protection. Perkins? Leave ibaka on the gpfoat and have Duncan the master of drawing fouls on young big men who like to go for the block. I can't see the thunder going zone to combat this because that would be recipe for disaster for them

daboywonder2002
05-22-2012, 02:13 AM
spurs are a dam good team. great ball movement. great coaching. but i think it ends here. okc is younger, faster, they defend and they rebound from all positions. san ant had it easy so far. okc has been challenged at least. beating the spurs is all mental.

JC_
05-22-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm thinking 7 epic games

Baller1
05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
something I'm sure is going to get overlooked is we have a major advantage with our bigs...duncan, diaw vs ibaka, Perkins..what the thunder are gonna get hurt on is the spurs floor spacing is the best in the NBA and with diaw around the 3 point line which big do u have guard him? Ibaka? Take away rum protection. Perkins? Leave ibaka on the gpfoat and have Duncan the master of drawing fouls on young big men who like to go for the block. I can't see the thunder going zone to combat this because that would be recipe for disaster for them

I'm actually not worried about the battle of the bigs one bit.

My worry comes from one thing, and that's Tony Parker.

spurs4#5
05-22-2012, 02:23 AM

right I get what ur saying but that's what effects it dramatically...our offense is based on 3 things...movement, pick and roll, and penetration...if u have diaw sitting in the corner spotting up for three with either ibaka or Perkins on him...then u have Duncan coming up to set the screen and now the spurs have u right where they want u...either parker is getting to lane with diaws man helping or u have Duncan diving to the lane for an easy two...we have the best pick and roll and no one has been able to figure it out because we create such a problem around the 3 point line

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-22-2012, 02:24 AM
OKC beat Spurs in 6.

East Semis: Heat beat Pacers in 6, Celtics beat Sixers in 6

East Finals: Heat beat Celtics in 7

NBA Finals: Heat beat Thunder in 6

Good night Irene!

Soonerule
05-22-2012, 02:26 AM

Please, I'm too aware of the match up nightmares the Spurs bring to the table, I have heartburn just thinking about it....:drunk: so many possibilities. The Thunder present a few problems themselves, the question is, can they consistently maintain it enough to pull off 4 wins? I can tell you if the Spurs have some letdowns like they did against the Clippers we can win those games. Especially if we can get Dequan Cook off the stump and spread your D some.

I have a ton of respect for the Spurs, and no disrespect to Mav fans, see them as a bigger challenge than Dallas was last year. How much have the Thunder matured since last year? we'll see

spurs4#5
05-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Please, I'm too aware of the match up nightmares the Spurs bring to the table, I have heartburn just thinking about it....:drunk: so many possibilities. The Thunder present a few problems themselves, the question is, can they consistently maintain it enough to pull off 4 wins? I can tell you if the Spurs have some letdowns like they did against the Clippers we can win those games. Especially if we can get Dequan Cook off the stump and spread your D some.

I have a ton of respect for the Spurs, and no disrespect to Mav fans, see them as a bigger challenge than Dallas was last year. How much have the Thunder matured since last year? we'll see

I think just about every spur fan that I talk to have come to the agreement that this will be the toughest series in the playoffs for both teams regardless who comes out of the east...just be prepared because all the mental lapses and meltdowns u so from l.a. That got yall those two close wins...dont expect the spurs to do that....spurs won't beat themselves....ill say it again like I did in another post I really hope the players get to decide this series and not the refs....this could possibly be one of the best series we've seen in a long time

Soonerule
05-22-2012, 02:42 AM

we can hang, we just can't spot them a 27 point lead in the 2nd quarter like the last time.... sure would like to have the inbound with a minute left and us just down by 4 again....

Soonerule
05-22-2012, 02:44 AM
I think just about every spur fan that I talk to have come to the agreement that this will be the toughest series in the playoffs for both teams regardless who comes out of the east...just be prepared because all the mental lapses and meltdowns u so from l.a. That got yall those two close wins...dont expect the spurs to do that....spurs won't beat themselves....ill say it again like I did in another post I really hope the players get to decide this series and not the refs....this could possibly be one of the best series we've seen in a long time

in a long time! :cool:

Davidgta1
05-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Spurs in 6 spurs have the best all around team in the nba.

Losoway
05-22-2012, 03:37 AM
OKC in 4 ....GET THE BROOMS SPURS ARE DONE

JayW_1023
05-22-2012, 04:34 AM
These are two teams that do everything right. I expect a Spurs victory in 7.

But this is flip a coin series. It's gonna be great.

waveycrockett
05-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I dont think OKC can stop the Spurs half court execution while all the Spurs need to do is slow down the game on the other end.

VikingsMagic
05-22-2012, 04:43 AM
OKC in 4 ....GET THE BROOMS SPURS ARE DONE

Judging on your avatar, you are on crack, there is no way, no how that the Thunder is going to the sweep the Spurs, it will probably go to 5 to 7 games

UKblazers
05-22-2012, 04:52 AM
Spurs in six there offense is a thing of beauty. Real contrast between the Thunders individual brilliance and how good as a team the Spurs are in the half court. Should be a GREAT series.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if Stephen Jackson defended Durant adequately, of course that doesn't mean KD still won't drop 40.

naps
05-22-2012, 05:28 AM
I don't understand how people are predicting this as a 5 game series. And seeing it's going both ways shows it how stupid it is. That only proves this gonna be a tight series. I am calling it at least a 6 game series, with a strong possibility of a 7th game. Both teams have played great so far and I think both teams will face-off with their worst match-ups. It's gonna be crazy! I can't wait!

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Clearly you haven't been watching this team...

quade36
05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Best two teams in the nba, best playoff series. Excited...

tht_one_guy
05-22-2012, 09:01 AM
I really really really hope the players get to decide this series not the refs

i second this post

tht_one_guy
05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
going to be a damn epic series i got thunder in 7 and if there happens to be .4 on the clock we dont have to worry we got a spur killer in Fisher

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Coming into the playoffs, I was concerned at how the young guys like Leonard/Green would perform. They have not disappointed. They are going to have to continue to hit big shots, and play well on the defensive end.

I expect Tim to continue his strong play. KD/WB you can't stop those guys, but you can make it tough by clogging the paint, and making them a half court team. I'm really interested to see the game plan from Pop coming into this series, and how both he and Brooks adjust after each quarter/game.

Just sucks we've gotta wait all the way till Sunday for this...

MagicHero3
05-22-2012, 09:16 AM
i agree on the fact that these are the 2 best teams in the NBA right now. im considering this my finals matchup.

PLEASE go to 7 games! make it exciting

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Also excited to see Manu/Harden. Manu did not play in any of the 3 games vs OKC this year.

thekmp211
05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Also excited to see Manu/Harden. Manu did not play in any of the 3 games vs OKC this year.

should be interesting to see how often, if ever, they cover each other. but yeah that's an awesome match up.

RealLiveBear
05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
OKC in 7, Gotta root for my boys even though this Spurs team is one of the best teams i've seen In a longgggg time!

MikefromMars
05-22-2012, 10:42 AM
So let me get this straight... Westbrook is going to dominate Parker/Green, but they put the D on CP3 hard.

So are you saying Westbrook is a better PG than Paul?

It's not like there isn't a sample to look at. Kawhi can play Durant better than you think. My question is can the Thunder contain the Spurs? Who is going to stop Duncan? If they are playing the P&R, can they close on the shooters?

IMO, this series comes down to three things.

1. If the Spurs get cold from deep, they can lose this. They will need to continue to shoot well from beyond the arch.

2. Coaching. Advantage Spurs

3. Depth. If the Spurs are able to deploy a lineup of 10 or 11 different players and continue to be effective... OKC won't have a chance. The big difference is Harden will be able to counter the 2nd team surge the Spurs rely on.

Going to be a good matchup, but I still take the Spurs in 6.

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Here's a visual of their regular season matchups:

http://i45.tinypic.com/5jtok3.png

MTar786
05-22-2012, 12:12 PM
i see OKC winning it in 6
they've been the most clutch team in the post season with durant three times already and westbrook too.
they match up very well against the spurs

westbrook can keep up with parker.. this will match each other

sefolosha can hold his own with ginobli. harden on jackson

ibaka and perk are gonna own their bigs. infact i see duncan having the same problems bynum had. san antonios bench will be key for them. and no one is going to be able to stop kd. I see a okc vs miami finals.. and i see OKC taking that in 7

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 12:14 PM
i see OKC winning it in 6
they've been the most clutch team in the post season with durant three times already and westbrook too.
they match up very well against the spurs

westbrook can keep up with parker.. this will match each other

sefolosha can hold his own with ginobli. harden on jackson

ibaka and perk are gonna own their bigs. infact i see duncan having the same problems bynum had. san antonios bench will be key for them. and no one is going to be able to stop kd. I see a okc vs miami finals.. and i see OKC taking that in 7

:crazy:

You're clearly underestimating how good the bigs have been this post-season.

And Duncan is light-years ahead of Bynum at reading the defense and making the right play. That's a crazy thing to even compare the two.

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I feel OKC in 5 or 6.

People want to say look at the Spurs dominance in the 1st 2 rounds. Well look at the quality of their opponents.

Rd. 1 Utah
Rd. 2 LAC

If Memphis had taken out the Clips, we wouldn't even be talking about this because they would have taken out the Spurs. SA got real lucky that the Clips pulled it out.

Then look at OKC's quality of opponents.

Rd. 1 Dallas
Rd. 2 LAL

In the first 2 rounds, OKC took out the NBA Champs from the 3 previous seasons. I think SA is in for a rude awakening. They got off real easy in the first 2 rounds, but it's about to get real. OKC won't be blowing any 24 point leads, I can assure you all of that.

hail2skins4life
05-22-2012, 12:37 PM
spurs in 6

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-22-2012, 12:38 PM
:crazy:

You're clearly underestimating how good the bigs have been this post-season.

And Duncan is light-years ahead of Bynum at reading the defense and making the right play. That's a crazy thing to even compare the two.

Don't be a homer dude. At this point in their respective careers, Bynum is much more of a force than Duncan. TD is a Top 2 greatest PF of all time, but Bynum is better. Just cuz Duncan can read the defense better due to experience doesn't make him better.

Ibaka, Perk and Collison will hold their own against the Spurs front court.

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Don't be a homer dude. At this point in their respective careers, Bynum is much more of a force than Duncan. TD is a Top 2 greatest PF of all time, but Bynum is better. Just cuz Duncan can read the defense better due to experience doesn't make him better.

Ibaka, Perk and Collison will hold their own against the Spurs front court.

It has nothing to do with being a homer :facepalm:

In the post? Duncan is obviously better than Bynum. The footwork, reading double teams, passing out of double teams, he does that all better. Much more of a force? Sure, Bynum is stronger in the paint, but don't try and call me a homer for stating the facts. Everyone said the same thing about Tim going to struggle vs. the Clipps front line and look what he did.

This isn't last years Tim Duncan. Tim has seen some of the toughest front lines in his career, and the way he's moving these days, he'll be fine.

My comment stemmed from a response saying "OKC bigs will own the Spurs bigs"

You should watch a game or 2 before you get all defensive cause I said Duncan is better than Bynum in the post. Duncan is better than Dwight in the post too, so what... He's just a much smarter player, albeit not nearly as athletic.

king4day
05-22-2012, 12:50 PM
The point that was made was, SA can make the Thunder a jump shooting team since OKC has no post presence. If the Thunder can't figure that out then Spurs may win this one fairly easily.
These will be low scoring games.

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I feel OKC in 5 or 6.

People want to say look at the Spurs dominance in the 1st 2 rounds. Well look at the quality of their opponents.

Rd. 1 Utah
Rd. 2 LAC

If Memphis had taken out the Clips, we wouldn't even be talking about this because they would have taken out the Spurs. SA got real lucky that the Clips pulled it out.

Then look at OKC's quality of opponents.

Rd. 1 Dallas
Rd. 2 LAL

In the first 2 rounds, OKC took out the NBA Champs from the 3 previous seasons. I think SA is in for a rude awakening. They got off real easy in the first 2 rounds, but it's about to get real. OKC won't be blowing any 24 point leads, I can assure you all of that.

And SA won't be blowing any leads late in the games like LA and Dallas did. Goes both ways man.

And you make no sense, we got REAL lucky the Clips beat Memphis in Game 7 on their home court. I guess some how the worse team won that match-up? Does that even make sense?

They're not in for any rude awakening they know what they're up against. Winning 29-31 games and 1 of those resting the big 3, what else will it take for some of you to realize these guys can play the game pretty well, and make their opponents look worse than they really are.

NYMetros
05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I have the Spurs in 6.

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
To the OKC fans, you guys know I got nothing but love for ya'll and we get a long just fine on here. But I just need to respond to some of the nonsense that gets put on here, and it really makes me thing a lot of folks don't watch the Spurs enough and just make assumptions. Which is fair because to the average (or below average) fan, they don't appeal to them, whereas OKC very much does. And rightfully so, the crowd, and the way they play is very exciting.

I take away nothing from OKC and they're playing at a very high level and I expect it to be a great match-up. Just if you're going to post about a team that you don't really watch or know about, you probably shouldn't. Predictions are cool, that's what we're here for, but don't go into personnel if you're not ready to back it up. :)

Max.This
05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
And SA won't be blowing any leads late in the games like LA and Dallas did. Goes both ways man.

And you make no sense, we got REAL lucky the Clips beat Memphis in Game 7 on their home court. I guess some how the worse team won that match-up? Does that even make sense?

They're not in for any rude awakening they know what they're up against. Winning 29-31 games and 1 of those resting the big 3, what else will it take for some of you to realize these guys can play the game pretty well, and make their opponents look worse than they really are.

Agreed. Some ppl are underestimating the talents of spurs. It's ridiculous when the spurs got beat by Memphis they didn't have the rookies and free agent likes they acquired this year. Even if they faced Memphis they would sweep them. Spurs are the krytonite of Okc. To say they would win in 5 or 6 is clearly not watching the games. I say spurs in 6 but if okc wins it'd be in 7

boolish
05-22-2012, 01:00 PM
spurs in 6. OKC will win it all next year. ALL of it. And probably win 4 more before that trio is done.

torocan
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Honestly, this one is as close to a toss up as I've seen in years.

If I absolutely HAD to pin down a prediction.... OKC in 7.

Hard to come up with rock solid reasons, just kind of a gut thing.

Joshtd1
05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I honestly think a lot of people are going to be surprised/disappointed in this series. Cool to see two small market teams go at it, but due to what I've seen this year and based on the past experience OKC has had against us I honestly think the Spurs take this in 5 maybe 6.

justinnum1
05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I honestly think a lot of people are going to be surprised/disappointed in this series. Cool to see two small market teams go at it, but due to what I've seen this year and based on the past experience OKC has had against us I honestly think the Spurs take this in 5 maybe 6.

Yea. Spurs are going to spank the **** out of okc. I can see spurs winning in 5 but i said 6 becuase the refs

willabeast77
05-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I'd like the Thunder to win but the Spurs have been on a mission this season. Besides they have homecourt which could cost the Thunder. Spurs in 6

3iverson3
05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
I used to be one of those people that said the Spurs are boring to watch. I am a nugget fan so I love the up tempo game but the Spurs are so fundamentally sound its amazing. They have the best coach and lots of depth. I personally love watching them play.

Anyway, this is a question to spurs fans: Why does Pop not play Capt Jack more? Is it because he hasn't played with the team much?
He could provide some defense on Durant this series and offense at times.

Jdawg
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
So I called sweep against the Clippers because of the match-ups being in the Spurs favor so heavily.

For this series, I just can't see the Thunder matching up with us. Teams need a scoring post presense to beat us. The Thunder don't have that. We have a bunch of wings (Jackson, Leonard, Green, Manu) to throw at their top 3 players. They have no one to guard Splitter in the pick and roll. Diaw is a mismatch creator.

Spurs should win in 5. The refs worry me because if they change how they've been calling these playoffs and start giving Durant free throw after free throw for guys breathing on him it's going to be difficult.

Jdawg
05-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyway, this is a question to spurs fans: Why does Pop not play Capt Jack more? Is it because he hasn't played with the team much?
He could provide some defense on Durant this series and offense at times.

This is the match-up (along with the Heat) that we got Jack for. We simply haven't needed him yet. Jack will be big difference maker in this series.

3iverson3
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Yea Diaw and Bonner can create problems because Ibaka will have to be out on the perimeter. That's why I wanted to see a Denver-okc matchup with Al and Faried. All of our games were exciting this year and fairly close, even though Durant had like 50 and Westbrook around 40, it was still an ot win.

I want to see more of Blair, Reggie Evans had it too easy down there.

ChicagoJ
05-22-2012, 03:29 PM
I haven't watched much of the spurs this year, but heard plenty of praise since the playoffs started. I just want to see if they can live up to the hype. I'm rooting for the thunder, but whoever represents the west I just want them to win it all.

Stinkyoutsider
05-22-2012, 03:44 PM
I wonder how Duncan will do against Perkins and Ibaka? I think Duncan will decide to take more jumpshots this series instead of working in the post?

The Spurs depth vs the Thunder's youth. Should be the best series we'll see in this year's playoffs.

Each team has good starters and a great 6th man. But after that, what does OKC have? Can they match the Spurs? SA still has a focused Stephen Jackson.

Sactown
05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
The difference maker in this series will be the turnovers for OKC.. if they struggle with turnovers Parker is going to kill them

3iverson3
05-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Spurs haven't used Blair much either, is he injured? Also Spurs have Neal who is a Cook but he plays more.

AIRMAR72
05-22-2012, 03:58 PM
spurs in 6 too many high IQ PLAYERS on the spurs squad great halfcourt team offensively N defensively

kdspurman
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Spurs haven't used Blair much either, is he injured? Also Spurs have Neal who is a Cook but he plays more.

Not injured, just not as useful against some of the teams with bigger front lines. His BB IQ is not where it needs to be at this point of the season, especially with the way Diaw is playing. There's no minutes for him.

Iron24th
05-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Spurs in 6, they're too good,they're going to win it all.
Timmy will got his fifth ring.
Glad for him.

IversonIsKrazy
05-22-2012, 04:23 PM
U should add a poll to this. I got Spurs have 6. To me, the Spurs can take any perimeter-play team. Interior presence was what they were going to have trouble with, but since they avoided Grizz and Lakers, no one is taking them down. Westbrook will avg 7 turnovers a game during this series. Durrant won't be stopped, but Spurs will still win this.

kobe4thewinbang
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't think the Spurs can be stopped. They are plowing through teams. Even though OKC is a run-and-gun type of squad, I see SAS shutting them down. I'm talking 70 points if they're lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if SAS won in 5.

Baller1
05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
I predicted the Spurs in 5, maybe 6... But damn, OKC isn't getting much love in here.

If they continue to take care of the ball like they have so far in this postseason, it'll be a long, hard series. Otherwise, it'll be quick for SA.

thekmp211
05-22-2012, 07:17 PM
I predicted the Spurs in 5, maybe 6... But damn, OKC isn't getting much love in here.

If they continue to take care of the ball like they have so far in this postseason, it'll be a long, hard series. Otherwise, it'll be quick for SA.

they definitely kicked it up a notch in the playoffs. i just don't think the spurs are getting derailed by anything unless someone gets hurt. you could see spurs in 5 with 5 really close games.

Punkindrublic03
05-22-2012, 07:32 PM
nba deserves no fans

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Spurs in 4... they are going to ride this win streak through to the NBA finals!

poleandreel
05-22-2012, 07:39 PM
U should add a poll to this. I got Spurs have 6. To me, the Spurs can take any perimeter-play team. Interior presence was what they were going to have trouble with, but since they avoided Grizz and Lakers, no one is taking them down. Westbrook will avg 7 turnovers a game during this series. Durrant won't be stopped, but Spurs will still win this.

Westbrook has been more unstoppable in these playoffs than Durant. Not to mention he is also averaging 1 turnover per game so far.

GSW Hoops
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I see this matchup as essentially the NBA Finals.

I don't see any Eastern Conference team defeating SA or OKC. Miami could have an outside shot, but it's unlikely.

Sinestro
05-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Spurs in 6

Blitzbolt
05-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Thunder take to many jump shots and have 0 post up players Spurs should win.I think the Heat have the best shot to beat the Spurs just because is the Heat.

JordansBulls
05-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Spurs in 7

kdspurman
05-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Not putting anything we don't know but a cool video showing the similarities of Harden & Manu.. 1:02 was pretty sick LOL... These guys play so similarly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UgoOS1FGcmw#!

LJEATON26
05-26-2012, 12:24 PM
OkC wins in 7. Gonna be a hell of a series.

JWO35
05-26-2012, 01:03 PM
I say Thunder in 6

Sly Guy
05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
this ones going the distance. I have no idea who's coming out of this series and I don't care. Finally, a series with basketball worth watching [provided the refs don't destroy it]

JordansBulls
05-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I think both teams get a game on the others floor. It is just a matter if OKC can get 2 or not.

TornadoOfSouls
05-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Before game 1:

After game 1:

The Spurs got lucky last night. The Thunder will win easily tomorrow.

After game 2:

I'm going to sleep. My last thought: Spurs have shot the ball out of their minds. Won't happen in OKC. Thunder should have won game 1. Series will be 2-2 after Saturday night. Thunder in 7.

You suck at predictions.

justinnum1
05-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Spurs are so much better than okc it's not funny. Like varsity vs jv