PDA

View Full Version : Does bledsoe's development make cp3 tradeable.

mdm692
05-21-2012, 01:19 AM
He still hasnt committed to the clippers and with bledsoe making huge improvements in his game I just have to ask can the clippers afford to trade cp3. They might be able to get alot of young talent and picks for him. NO I'M NOT SAYING BLOW IT UP I'M JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT FANS THINK.

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2012, 01:20 AM
:laugh:

kjoke
05-21-2012, 01:22 AM
They should be playing Bledsoe alongside Paul. Sorta like what's happening in Boston.

gatkins11
05-21-2012, 01:23 AM
What?

Avenged
05-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Are you serious right now? Why not just trade Bledsoe instead of arguably the best PG in the league?

Evolution23
05-21-2012, 01:24 AM
CP3 brought the CLIPS back from the dead. He was injured this series and Blake is still raw. They need more time to come together. They also had major injuries to a lot of their players. I expect Clips to be contenders in 2-3 seasons.

LTBaByyy
05-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Why not trade both and be like the Hornets :)

mdm692
Are you serious right now? Why not just trade Bledsoe instead of arguably the best PG in the league?

Because there is a big chance he might leave after next season did you not read the opening statement.

D1JM
no. you keep cp3. he is the best pg in the nba. plus the clips still have 2 more years(3 with QO) to control bledsoe. why move him?

mdm692
05-21-2012, 01:27 AM
CP3 brought the CLIPS back from the dead. He was injured this series and Blake is still raw. They need more time to come together. They also had major injuries to a lot of their players. I expect Clips to be contenders in 2-3 seasons.

That or cp3 could leave in 2013 offseason when he is a free agent read the opening statement for gods sake.

greg_ory_2005
05-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Without Paul, the Clips go back to being....the Clips.

Chronz
05-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Nope but we may have to trade Bledsoe to get rid of Carons contract in an effort to retool. It would be a mistake but it may be necessary in the eyes of management to keep CP3. I really want to see the improvements our 2 young bigs make but if a trade for Dwight is at all possible, you HAVE to do it.

My best case scenario for us is to find a taker for Mo (unlikely) and find an outlet bigman for CP3.

Chronz
05-21-2012, 01:29 AM
That or cp3 could leave in 2013 offseason when he is a free agent read the opening statement for gods sake.
You can still work out a sign and trade to get CP3 where he wants to go and fetch back some sort of assets.

DerekRE_3
05-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Good lord.

mdm692
05-21-2012, 01:30 AM
PEOPLE CP3 IS A FREE AGENT IN 2013 GET YOUR ****ING FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU BASH AND TROLL. He has not signed an extension so as far as we know he is leaving in 2013. You wont get much for bledsoe except few picks and maybe 1 young player. If he does not make a commitment to the organization and you trade him the clips will get a ton of assets.

Evolution23
05-21-2012, 01:34 AM
CP3 is not leaving. He finally has a good young team to build with. He would be stupid to demand a trade now.

ThunderousDemon
05-21-2012, 01:49 AM
If Chirs Paul would have been traded to the lakers then we would be the favorites to win it all in the west, there's your answer.

GREATNESS ONE
05-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Lol

Cfrey
05-21-2012, 01:51 AM
sure why not

ThunderousDemon
05-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Trade him to the Lakers for Pau

Punk
05-21-2012, 02:01 AM
I think you are drunk, bro. Bledsoe had a good game because the Spurs didn't care about him. Paul and Griffin were zeroed in and everyone else was allowed to do whatever they wanted.

Bledsoe is a great backup to Paul as Manyor is to Westbrook.

Method28
05-21-2012, 03:34 AM
i fully agree with the.gentleman who.stated.Bledsoe should.be.playing ALONGSIDE Cp3.

We need toughness inside with a big.who can hit a shot.

5ass
05-21-2012, 03:52 AM
PEOPLE CP3 IS A FREE AGENT IN 2013 GET YOUR ****ING FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU BASH AND TROLL. He has not signed an extension so as far as we know he is leaving in 2013. You wont get much for bledsoe except few picks and maybe 1 young player. If he does not make a commitment to the organization and you trade him the clips will get a ton of assets.

this is where you're wrong as far as we know we cannot come to that conclusion. He might stay or he might go, we know nothing.

5ass
05-21-2012, 03:55 AM
If anything Clippers should trade Bledsoe for a 2. I was thinking of a Redick for Bledsoe trade.

naps
05-21-2012, 04:04 AM
WoW!

Wasn't Darren Collison supposed to be better or at least as good as CP3 when he had around 10 good or great games few years ago? I heard the same thing back then. How did that pan out? Yeah. Stop living in the moment.
Clips are the best team CP3 has ever had and they are only gonna get better. I highly doubt CP3 leaves. Even if he does it's gonna be a sign and trade. No way he's leaving that extra 30 or 40 million as a FA. Too much money to forgo.

I love these over-reactionary threads. In PSD, anything is possible though. Not surprised.

Alayla
05-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Lul what? Cp3 changed them from a lottery team to a lower tier contender. Ending contract or not you just don't trade the best pg in the game. Try waiting till billups is healthy ..or trade him and see where you stand before doing somthing rash this team only just got togher

ne3xchamps
05-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Now way is this OP serious.

:laugh: Trade CP3... what nonsense.

They can and should co exist and play together. I can't believe this even came up!

ne3xchamps
05-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Lul what? Cp3 changed them from a lottery team to a lower tier contender. Ending contract or not you just don't trade the best pg in the game. Try waiting till billups is healthy ..or trade him and see where you stand before doing somthing rash this team only just got togher

this x1000

justinnum1
05-21-2012, 07:50 AM
He still hasnt committed to the clippers and with bledsoe making huge improvements in his game I just have to ask can the clippers afford to trade cp3. They might be able to get alot of young talent and picks for him. NO I'M NOT SAYING BLOW IT UP I'M JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT FANS THINK.

i dont give these out much more, but this is deserving

:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
lmao bledsoe is trash, he was in the dleague a while ago.

NYtilIdie
05-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I remember when people wanted to trade CP3 because of Collison's development, tell me how's that working out for ya pleighboi

da ThRONe
05-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I remember when people wanted to trade CP3 because of Collison's development, tell me how's that working out for ya pleighboi

Chris demanded a trade to another team. Now we are without Collison or Paul.

The OP's point is that Paul hasn't committed long terms to the Clippers and is a FA after next year so they could end up losing him anyways. The Clippers are still a few years away from being a true contender and another key player.

If they can't get a commitment out of Paul this off season trading him may be their best option.

JayW_1023
05-21-2012, 09:21 AM
No Bledsoes development gives CP3 all the more reason to stay.

thekmp211
05-21-2012, 09:25 AM
its not a stupid question.

i dont think so, not yet anyway. but give him another season. people forget that bledsoe had to sit behind john wall at kentucky. dude is a freak and has all the talent in the world. hence being drafted in the first round.

idk about his ceiling as a player but remember what happened with darren collison. once you take him away from CP3, some of these "developments" suddenly go away. makes you wonder.

sixer04fan
05-21-2012, 09:28 AM
They should be playing Bledsoe alongside Paul. Sorta like what's happening in Boston.

Huh?

thekmp211
05-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Huh?

AB came in as a point guard. he's hit his stride as a defensive shooting guard even though he's undersized.

sixer04fan
05-21-2012, 09:31 AM
AB came in as a point guard. he's hit his stride as a defensive shooting guard even though he's undersized.

Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks.

Corey
05-21-2012, 10:59 AM
You know how I know I'm on PSD....?

Ty Fast
05-21-2012, 11:09 AM
they should keep him

GiantsSwaGG
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Sometimes I wonder if these posters smoke that Kush before they make a thread!

LakersIn5
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
same **** was talked about darren collison in new orleans. and same **** will happen. they would rather keep cp3 than the project. then cp3 bolts out.

kylem4711
05-21-2012, 11:33 AM

he went to the d-league for rehab. nice try though

celtNYpatsHeels
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I think this gives you the option to trade Bledsoe. Look at what happened with Collison and New Orleans. If Paul stays in LA and Bledsoe is traded, then the Clips can draft another young PG to learn from CP3.... Seems to be the trend here.

Yankee Clipper
05-21-2012, 11:47 AM
No I don't think so. Bledsoe still has a lot of development left in my opinion. He still plays a bit out of control at times and I don't think he is enough of a reason to trade Paul.

Donuts365
05-21-2012, 12:00 PM

you say it like without paul the clippers will still make the playoffs even if he leaves next offseason you dont trade him midseason

sep11ie
05-21-2012, 12:03 PM
You know how I know I'm on PSD....?

Take it bro... Run with it...

jrm2054
05-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Wow no just no don't trade him

flatbush knicks
05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
obviously you can trade cp3 with his development but the problem is cp3 isn't under contract after next year so teams wouldn't give up value for a rental unless they want to trade cp3 for lin

GrumpyOldMan
05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
I wouldnt trade Chris Paul. Clipper management needs to add a couple of players via free agency and let Paul have a bit of input. This is the easiest way to get a franchise player to sign an extension. Make him part of the decision making process. I would only ever allow a handful of players in the league this kind of input to keep them happy and CP3 is one of them.

flatbush knicks
05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
I wouldnt trade Chris Paul. Clipper management needs to add a couple of players via free agency and let Paul have a bit of input. This is the easiest way to get a franchise player to sign an extension. Make him part of the decision making process. I would only ever allow a handful of players in the league this kind of input to keep them happy and CP3 is one of them.

they don't have cap space to add anybody that will make him stay and after watching the playoffs im starting to see blake griffin and jordan are both overrated lob city my ***** lol

Stinkyoutsider
05-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd trade Bledsoe only if it's in a package to get a star in return, like Howard. If I'm Chris Paul, there's no way I'm committing to the Clippers right now. Throwing lobs all day to Griffin is great but Griffin needs to improve in a big way this offseason. Griffin should be the #1 option and go to guy offensively and instead it's Paul.

I don't trade the best point guard until I see there's no getting a star in return for Bledsoe and Jordan. Package those 2 with a pick and maybe a guy like Nick Young and go for Howard. With those 3 players, I think the Clipps can get themselves a star in return.

Paul isn't going to hang around unless he has help from another star on the same level as himself. If things don't happen, then trade Paul for some young impact players or even a few vets who can still produce.

D12 fan
05-21-2012, 01:09 PM

The sky is light blue,with puffy white clouds.

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 02:13 PM

He was in the DLeague for a week and put up 23 and 10 a week after getting cleared to play from knee surgery. Bet you feel like a ******* :facepalm:. I agree with the people saying Bledsoe should be playing ALONG CP3. I've said it for 2 months now. Bledsoe should be starting at the 2 the way Bradley is for Boston. His strength+athleticism+wingspan make it to where he can defend 2's no problem. We saw him give Manu serious hell and Manu is an elite 6'6 SG.

Bledsoe+CP3 on court together were AMAZING on defense according to advanced stats. Something Clippers fans already knew.

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
BTW do you guys know Neil Olshey said last night that Chris Paul DEMANDED the team keep Bledsoe in the trade? CP3 knows this kids potential. I've been saying Bledsoe is an elite defender with huge upside since last year and people have laughed at me. These playoffs showed the world and now I'm positive people have more respect for Bledsoe.

thekmp211
05-21-2012, 02:41 PM
BTW do you guys know Neil Olshey said last night that Chris Paul DEMANDED the team keep Bledsoe in the trade? CP3 knows this kids potential. I've been saying Bledsoe is an elite defender with huge upside since last year and people have laughed at me. These playoffs showed the world and now I'm positive people have more respect for Bledsoe.

you make a good point. i think with paul around he could become a bradley type. i mean frankly if he ever put it all together he could be a russell westbrook style of player. but yeah if paul wants you around, it's probably for a reason.

SpaceJamJordans
05-21-2012, 02:45 PM

why you mad?

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
you make a good point. i think with paul around he could become a bradley type. i mean frankly if he ever put it all together he could be a russell westbrook style of player. but yeah if paul wants you around, it's probably for a reason.

I watched every game of both Bledsoe+Bradley in these playoffs and actually feel like Bledsoe played the superior D. I think it's awesome that people got to witness it. Parker+Manu had serious problems getting away from Bledsoe. His lateral footspeed is amazing. One thing I noticed about Bradley is he gets trapped on screens a bunch due to being slower with his feet.

Bledsoe never gets trapped on screens. Has amazing instincts with that. He is more likely to pick up an offensive foul for bowling a screener over than he is to get stuck and have to switch. Dude is TENACIOUS as hell.

I remember when I made that Bledsoe VS Bradley thread I got flamed like hell. Wonder what people would think now.

SpaceJamJordans
05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
they don't have cap space to add anybody that will make him stay and after watching the playoffs im starting to see blake griffin and jordan are both overrated lob city my ***** lol

how the **** is blake griffin overrated? he's producing all-star stats in his second year