PDA

View Full Version : Does Stern rig the league?

creamed corn
05-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Draft picks, matchups, game dates, special treatment for players. Do you think Stern is responsible for any rigging in the NBA?

spurs4#5
05-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Yup

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2012, 07:29 PM
:laugh2:

Embarrassing that people actually believe the NBA is rigged.

Mr Costanza
Yes to all. :)

spurs4#5
Gotta get off 666

DaLakerz Rulz
05-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Stern is actually getting his orders from the US Government. The conspiracy is larger than we all think.

Hangtime
05-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Stern is actually getting his orders from the US Government. The conspiracy is larger than we all think.

The UN is involved as well

Mr Costanza
05-20-2012, 07:44 PM
He killed Kennedy.

ManRam
05-20-2012, 07:44 PM
He controls the universe. He controls everything! Every call is his doing. He's an evil genius.

But no. I don't. It would RUIN the league if he did so and someone found out...and for him to rig the league like most think he does it would require hundreds of people knowing about it. It wouldn't be worth it. Someone would have snitched by now...

He's lucky that lately the best teams have also been VERY popular or at least polarizing teams. Don't need to fix things when LA, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Boston etc. are so good.

PhillyFaninLA
05-20-2012, 07:46 PM

Nothing I could say about this topic can top this. Well said.

AMushroomStamp
05-20-2012, 07:56 PM
of course, he also controlls the wwe ppvs

BigBlueCrew
05-20-2012, 07:57 PM

wait

Its okay to believe the NBA lottery is rigged and produce idiotic story after idiotic story, but if someone produces a thread like this its embarrassing?

--23--
05-20-2012, 08:01 PM
simple answer... NO!

FarOutIos
05-20-2012, 08:04 PM

That's funny... I actually think it is embarrassing that people actually think the NBA is NOT rigged.

Now... I'm not saying everything is rigged... but...

Let's get real. This is about MONEY. For Stern, the owners and everyone else who makes money off the NBA, it is not a game.

There is corrupt behavior everywhere in the world. What makes everyone so sure that the NBA is so pure?

And for a minute before anyone answers that question... ask yourself, if you could make millions of dollars more by making a few changes that you could get away with, would you? Would you consider it? Do you think your boss would? Would your co-workers? Would your neighbors? Would your friends? Would the guy next to you in line at the supermarket? Would the jerk that cut you off on the freeway?

If you answered yes to any of these, then the NBA is probably rigged at some point to some extent. Deal with it.

numba1CHANGsta
05-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes he does, I want proof from people who think other wise, wanna know my proof? Tim Donaghy

GiantsSwaGG
05-20-2012, 08:05 PM
If the Heat make it to the finals & wins it, the league is absolutely rigged

sixer04fan
05-20-2012, 08:07 PM
I blame Bush

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2012, 08:24 PM
wait

Its okay to believe the NBA lottery is rigged and produce idiotic story after idiotic story, but if someone produces a thread like this its embarrassing?

Where was any of that said?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-20-2012, 08:28 PM
That's funny... I actually think it is embarrassing that people actually think the NBA is NOT rigged.

Let's get real. This is about MONEY. For Stern, the owners and everyone else who makes money off the NBA, it is not a game.

There is corrupt behavior everywhere in the world. What makes everyone so sure that the NBA is so pure?

And for a minute before anyone answers that question... ask yourself, if you could make millions of dollars more by making a few changes that you could get away with, would you? Would you consider it? Do you think your boss would? Would your co-workers? Would your neighbors? Would your friends? Would the guy next to you in line at the supermarket? Would the jerk that cut you off on the freeway?

If you answered yes to any of these, then the NBA is probably rigged at some point to some extent. Deal with it.

It's so idiotic. Half of the theories contradict each other.

"Stern favours big markets"
"Stern favours small markets"
"Lebron gets everything his way"
And all that other ********.

Doesn't really matter if you think it's funny that people don't believe the NBA is rigged because you're wrong anyways.

flatbush knicks
05-20-2012, 08:31 PM
i think loosely yes but it still comes down to players playing

LongIslandIcedZ
05-20-2012, 08:33 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Stern would prefer certain teams win rather than others. Having said that, I highly doubt he rigs the games so these teams actually wins. Its a very dangerous thing to do, too many people would have to know about it.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2012, 08:37 PM
he also caused the earthquake last year and is the reason for world hunger/war and america being obese

GiantsSwaGG
05-20-2012, 08:44 PM
he also caused the earthquake last year and is the reason for world hunger/war and america being obese

Eli Manning

Ironman5219
05-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Is it stern or just how the nba is organzied? The 7 seires playoff system almost ( keyword here ) almost always has the higher seeds moving on.... Refing always sucks, and star treatment is just wrong, but to say that Stern Riggs the NBA? Get a clue....

Ironman5219
05-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I blame Bush

:laugh:

Pistol_Pete
05-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Seriously. You do know this is a business and not a professional wrestling storyline. People pay hundreds of millions of dollars for teams. Taxpayers pay millions upon millions in incentives and support for teams. Do you have any idea what would happen if it came out that the NBA were rigged. It would literally be the biggest white collar crime ever.

While I'm sure Stern would love to have a Lakers vs. Knicks or Celtics every year, he simply cannot rig the league. Rigging the lottery? Sure, maybe you can make an argument...but that would still be a CRIME, and it's overseen by independent auditors. And are we supposed to believe that Stern has previously rigged the NBA so that "exciting" teams in "major markets" like San Antonio and Detroit win championships?

I still find it nearly impossible that the league would be fixed, but please feel free to give some examples (other than LeBron to Cleveland).

llemon
05-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Draft picks, matchups, game dates, special treatment for players. Do you think Stern is responsible for any rigging in the NBA?

If he feels that for some reason it is necessary.

Those reasons could have a very wide range.

dnewguy
05-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Must be Obama's fault.

greg_ory_2005
05-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Stern is the leader of the illuminati.

Canterbury
05-20-2012, 09:20 PM
It's only rigged when your team gets the shaft.

Dade County
05-20-2012, 09:27 PM

Agreed....

NBA = Entertainment ... and when my team is winning, i am entertained :D ( Goodnight )

llemon
05-20-2012, 09:31 PM
I see that there are some incredibly naive posters in here.

Truly makes me feel like the superior NBA observer.

But, once again, it is all a matter of opinion.

May the lord have mercy on all your souls, and all your unobservant minds.

Wade>You
05-21-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't think so, I truly believe the Indiana Pacers are just as good defensively as the 60s Celtics and the 80s Pistons combined. They've just been hiding it for years until they would face the Heat in the playoffs.

ManRam
05-21-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't think so, I truly believe the Indiana Pacers are just as good defensively as the 60s Celtics and the 80s Pistons combined. They've just been hiding it for years until they would face the Heat in the playoffs.

Why THE **** would the league want the Pacers to beat the Heat?

:laugh:

Come on man. Have some rationality.