PDA

View Full Version : Jays need to make a couple more moves

mudman24
05-20-2012, 09:01 AM
1) Demote Rasmus, Thames, Crawford and Gomes to the minors.
2)Call up Cooper, Sinder, Beck (could consider Cecil as he being a lhp) and Gose or (Sierra prefer Gose because of his speed)(using lind place on 40 man)
3)Release Francisco
4)Call up Igarashi

No room for Gomes to play unless your going to make him a back up catcher.

Line up

Johnson 2b
Escobar SS
Lawrie 3B
Bautista Rf
Encarnacion DH
J.P C
Cooper 1b
Sinder LF
Gose CF

Cooper will have a better obp, less k's and better defense.

Gose should be able to bat better than .200 like Rasmus is. His speed will be a problem when he gets on base.

Sinder - better defense and better hitter.

Davis - sub in OF, DH, ph. I see him ph for JP or Cooper moving E5 to 1b, Bautista to dh and Davis to Rf. Very good defense in of late in games.

Encar could get the odd start in LF.

If Sierra he would play LF and Snider CF with a rotation with Davis. When Davis in CF, Snider in LF.

This way Jays get a good look at some prospects, without doing significant damage to their lineup or defense.

JMac4PM
05-20-2012, 09:11 AM
You cant move people to DH in the middle of the game ******. If DH goes on the field than the pitcher will bat.

Kelly Gruber
05-20-2012, 09:43 AM
This is all just terrible.

ILDD
05-20-2012, 10:05 AM
All kinds of wrong. I can see demoting Gomes once Larwie is back to bring up Cooper for a long(ish) look until Vlad is ready but that's about it for now.

Spiderdan22
05-20-2012, 10:53 AM
What exactly has Gomes done to justify being sent back down right now? I think you see him end up at first and EE at DH when Lawrie is back. If his bat cools, only then might he get sent down.

Jamiecballer
05-20-2012, 11:05 AM
respect your right to an opinion, just don't respect the opinion.

2009mvp
05-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Travis would probably be pretty pissed about this Sinder dude being promoted ahead of him.

Tmath
05-20-2012, 11:24 AM
This thread is funny

B2theRY
05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I will never understand the lack of patience with Travis Snider.
yet all this time they stood by Adam Lind.

treeleaf
05-20-2012, 12:31 PM
So the jays should call up all your favorite players?

But seriously, I see them splitting first and DH between Gomey and EE until they can make a fair assesment on vlad. Its really going to come down to a battle between vlad and gomey cause EE is going nowhere. I do however think thames should be on the block if he continues to struggle.

treeleaf
05-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Lol at greg zaun calling Lind a commodity.

HES WORTH NOTHING

Toxeryll
05-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Lol at greg zaun calling Lind a commodity.

HES WORTH NOTHING

lol ya, that guy is something else

Ralph.2313
05-20-2012, 12:53 PM
This thread is funny

I agree with this although I think its time to give Snider a shot with Rasmus struggling and Thames not tearing it up.

FlakeyFool
05-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Give sinder a shot

ILDD
05-20-2012, 01:23 PM
What exactly has Gomes done to justify being sent back down right now? I think you see him end up at first and EE at DH when Lawrie is back. If his bat cools, only then might he get sent down.

Personally I don't see Gomes as having a good enough bat to play every day (non-Vegas minors his OBP is only 0.310) so I see him as a super utility player, maybe even the back-up catcher at some point. To do this job he needs to practice every defensive position and he won't get that chance at mlb level.

Cooper is only ever a 1B or DH, you need to play him at mlb level to show if he actually has enough of a bat to stick at 1B. I don't think he will but he's hit well enough at AAA to deserve a shot. With Lind no longer being here it's a good chance to give Cooper that long look.

If Gomes keeps hitting 0.750 then obviously you keep him here but I just don't see it.

purplehaze89
05-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Worst thread ever?

1hardcore
05-20-2012, 03:04 PM
1) Demote Rasmus, Thames, Crawford and Gomes to the minors.
2)Call up Cooper, Sinder, Beck (could consider Cecil as he being a lhp) and Gose or (Sierra prefer Gose because of his speed)(using lind place on 40 man)
3)Release Francisco
4)Call up Igarashi

No room for Gomes to play unless your going to make him a back up catcher.

Line up

Johnson 2b
Escobar SS
Lawrie 3B
Bautista Rf
Encarnacion DH
J.P C
Cooper 1b
Sinder LF
Gose CF

Cooper will have a better obp, less k's and better defense.

Gose should be able to bat better than .200 like Rasmus is. His speed will be a problem when he gets on base.

Sinder - better defense and better hitter.

Davis - sub in OF, DH, ph. I see him ph for JP or Cooper moving E5 to 1b, Bautista to dh and Davis to Rf. Very good defense in of late in games.

Encar could get the odd start in LF.

If Sierra he would play LF and Snider CF with a rotation with Davis. When Davis in CF, Snider in LF.

This way Jays get a good look at some prospects, without doing significant damage to their lineup or defense.

This is more than just a couple of moves

mike_noodles
05-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Worst thread ever?

Yes, yes it is.

Sanyo
05-20-2012, 04:10 PM
argh close thread please.

wagnall
05-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Its threads like this that I didn't miss on my 2 month break. :crazy: :):):)

BlueJayFanDan
05-20-2012, 11:18 PM
I read the OP twice just so I could feel smarter about myself.

joshhorvath
05-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Wtf is this, maybe make these moves if we're in a full tilt rebuilding mode! c'mon man! we're contending, adn with Lind to be gone soon and Vlady replacing him, come september, with a few deadline deals, this will be fun to watch!

scaramantula
05-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Worst thread ever?

yes.

TO Rapz
05-21-2012, 01:20 AM
#Freesinder

TO Rapz
05-21-2012, 01:21 AM
And I would be heavily against calling up Gose...I can't even tell how this is even serious.

nithanyo
05-21-2012, 01:32 AM
I will never understand the lack of patience with Travis Snider.
yet all this time they stood by Adam Lind.

A silver slugger award, 35 HR's and a .305 BA, will do that.

Vampirate
05-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Worst thread ever?

I don't know, I might have made a thread somewhere that could go up to this thread in suckatude.

madhatter04
05-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Thames sucks, he should be replaced. Wouldn't mind Sierra taking his place

Snider is having wrist problem. He wont be called up anytime soon.

Gomes will split between 1b and DH until he stops hitting.

If AA calls up Cooper, I don't see how Gomes fits on this club unless you use him as a backup catcher and release Mathis.

Edwin is batting .196 for May. He may see the pine more often if Gomes keeps hitting.

bartron_44
05-21-2012, 10:41 AM
I think JPA should be moved into the cleanup role since he is on an absolute tear, and I think Colby Rasmus should be demoted to work on his hitting stroke. If Anthony gose goes on another tear in AAA, I wouldn't mind seeing them switched for a month to see what Gose can give us.

I also don't know how you hit Gomes 9th behind Francisco and Rasmus...No way he should have hit any lower then 7th yesterday.

Eric Thames is not hitting enough to be an everyday LF'er on a competing team. He doesn't provide anything defensively either. I would like to see Gose up for Rasmus, and Davis in LF. Can you imagine the pressure we could put on the opposing team with our speed:

Johnson -SB threat
Escobar
Bautista
JPA
Gomes
EE - SB threat
Lawrie -SB threat
Davis -SB threat
Gose - SB threat

I would just carry an extra bullpen arm until snider is ready. When Snider is back to destroying the baseball, you promote him and platoon him with Davis in LF.We could have 5 guys with 20+ SB's this season if Davis gets steady playing time and with Gose in the lineup for any significant amount of time. If you don't appreciate how much of a drastic change in approach that would be..We haven't had more then 1 guy steal 20+ bases since 2001!

In 2011 we had 1
In 2010 and 2009 we had none
In 2008 we had 1 (and no one else even in double digits)
From 2007 to 2002 we had none

Pretty easy to see why Farrell said we were an easy team to pitch against when he came over from Boston, and why AA thought we needed to get more athletic. If Rajai Davis wasn't on base (or Rios in 2008), pitchers really didn't have to worry much about the running game at all....which makes it a lot easier for them (and the opposing D) to focus on the hitter when there are people on base.

wamco
05-21-2012, 11:29 AM
are we "one player away" yet?

MrForever
05-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Can I please un-read all of this?

wagnall
05-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Can I please un-read all of this?

Watch the coin going back and forth back and forth.......your getting sleepy,..SNAP all gone....:clap:

AA09-?
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Worst thread ever?

Oh there have been worse.