PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James

the avenger
05-20-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't know what is going on with all the people on PSD hating Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade or LeBron James?

A true basketball fan should be proud that there is a Kobe Bryant and a LeBron James in the NBA! In five to ten years people will realise that they were watching some of the greatest basketball players the world has ever seen. Whether you like Kobe or not, James or not, they still are amazing players. Root for your favorite team and/or player(s) all you want, but please stop hating other superstars! Thank you!

JeffG20
05-20-2012, 08:40 AM
I don't know what is going on with all the people on PSD hating Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade or LeBron James?

A true basketball fan should be proud that there is a Kobe Bryant and a LeBron James in the NBA! In five to ten years people will realise that they were watching some of the greatest basketball players the world has ever seen. Whether you like Kobe or not, James or not, they still are amazing players. Root for your favorite team and/or player(s) all you want, but please stop hating other superstars! Thank you!

its called having an opinon.

no one denies how great these guys are at what they do but honestly, myself included just dont like how a lebron or Wade acts on or off the court and comes across like *******s. doesnt mean i dont respect how gifted they are. i just cant ever root for them

NothingbutWill
05-20-2012, 08:41 AM
I agree with your post but people aren't going to listen. Some people are fans of Kobe and they just hate it that their favorite player is being compared to another player. Vice versa with Lebron and Wade and etc.

Personally I think the media usually exaggerate and blow things out of proportion to get more attention and thus divide the NBA fan base into groups. It's all in fun and even if you hate a player, you can always respect them one way or another.

tcav701
05-20-2012, 08:44 AM
The reason people dont like them is because they cant relate to them.

I know if I acted the way they did at my job, I wouldnt have a job.

DitchDat
05-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Volkomen mee eens.

the avenger
05-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Volkomen mee eens.

Wtf? You speak dutch??

the avenger
05-20-2012, 08:53 AM
its called having an opinon.
Hating another player is not having an opinion in my eyes

JeffG20
05-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Hating another player is not having an opinion in my eyes

so we are all supposed to love everyone and blow kisses at these guys?
half the fun of sports is disagreeing and arguing about players, games, etc.

my opinion is i dont like these guys and i'm allowed to have that opinion.

DitchDat
05-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Wtf? You speak dutch??

Ben ook van BelgiŽ :p Belgians unite! lol

---------

I agree with the OP. We should appreciate what we have. Careers are over before you know it, we should enjoy watching special players.

dee279
05-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Lol wtf language is that. But neway Lebron, Kobe, and now Wade are all some arrogant *******s so ull respect what they can do but you might not like them as a person making it hard to like them as a player. I have always been a Wade fan but with the way he be acting now kinda turns me away. I think Lebron's personality really rubbed off on him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-20-2012, 11:03 AM
here's some reasons why people hate these guys

Lebron - The decision, not 1 not 2 not 3 and so on, check my stats, 4th Quarter choking, flopping
Wade - flopping, arrogant(making fun of dirk)
Kobe - rape case, gets favourable calls according to haters

justinnum1
05-20-2012, 11:04 AM
It's cool to hate. Oh, wait.

RapOZo
05-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Yup, its always like this, fans used to be divided in the 80s by magic or bird, everyone hating on each other, but at the end of the day they were both great and respected and admired by all, and those who watched them play and compete are now proud to have done so, eventually that will be us.

torocan
05-20-2012, 01:37 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with respecting a player's skills, but disliking the actual player or the player's style of play.

I respect what Dwight Howard can do ON the court. That doesn't change the fact that I believe he's an immature man-child and wouldn't be crazy about having him on any team I was rooting for.

If Lebron/Wade/Kobe want more fans to like them, then they should stop acting like jerks. Otherwise, they'll get what they get, which is some fans will feel it's okay, other fans won't.

That's just how it works.

Chronz
05-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Everyone has an allegiance and are threatened by anyone who threatens that hierarchy, tough beans.

greg_ory_2005
05-20-2012, 02:02 PM
When you're considered one of the best players in the world, of course you'll take criticism if you're not playing well.

mdm692
05-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Not really as great as they are there will be more to come every decade has its stars.

80's larry, magic, kareem

90's mj(only name needed)

00's kobe, duncan, dirk, nash, lbj, wade

10's rose, kd, westbrook, rondo, love

So as much as we praise these superstars there will be more to come. Hell for all we know 10 years from now we might see rose with 4-5 rings and call him the second coming of jordan or maybe durant has his own 3 peats or james harden turns into the next kobe bryant.

StinkEye
05-20-2012, 02:47 PM
This thread title filled me with excitement!

AIRMAR72
05-20-2012, 03:28 PM

Lebron - The decision, not 1 not 2 not 3 and so on, check my stats, 4th Quarter choking, flopping
kobe didnt RAPE anyone but he is FINISH remember that

SwaggaIke
05-20-2012, 07:01 PM
To not like an opposing/rival player isn't wrong in any sense, but these guys who talk about not liking guys "off the court" sound ridiculous. You know absolutely NOTHING about any of these men off the court outside of an isolated incident or two. You don't know the character of these men or what they may go through on the day to day. Scale the ******** back & enjoy these legends.

LAKobeBryant
05-20-2012, 09:42 PM
there will always be player that are superstars max each 5 yrs.

Thunder 9
05-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Exactly the reasons plus some is why i dont like them.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I just feel like people always see these guys succeed, so it's a fun opportunity to pile on when they come up short the rare times they do. So you'll get someone rational to defend these players and it turns into a debate where each side uses whatever they can to win the debate. Even if they stretch the truth or flat out ignore the facts in order to feel like they one the argument. I sometimes think posters don't have anything against the players, but they picked a side to be on, and they hope negative or positive outcomes for the player they have chosen to rep or oppose just so they feel their argument was justified

Blitzbolt
05-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Yup, its always like this, fans used to be divided in the 80s by magic or bird, everyone hating on each other, but at the end of the day they were both great and respected and admired by all, and those who watched them play and compete are now proud to have done so, eventually that will be us.

Great post.

the avenger
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
To all the haters out there:

don't be surprised if:

1/ Kobe becomes the first player ever to record 40.000 pts

2/ James becomes the first player ever to record 10.000 reb and 10.000 ast (to go along with 30.000 pts)

stawka
06-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Wait wait... Wade is arrogant but Kobe is not? LMAO that's awesome

TylerSL
06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Its the cycle of hate. As long as there is life, there will be hate. I am a victim of this myself as I hate Dwight and Griffin, so I am not one to talk. However, it shouldnt get to the point it does. I see people literally wishing guys like Lebron, Wade, CP3, Howard, Griffin, CP3, Durant, ect would get injured. People shouldnt let it get to that point.

HesterJordan23
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
i hate players on looks, personality, mentality and just being a straight d ick. i think as guy hanging aroud you always make fun of some player that you dont like cuz of lil things but the top tier players will always be hated usually for one reason and thats because they are a threat.

but i respect every player because there making money to play and were not

dwade= love his aggresiveness but its a lil to cocky for me, seems to play with hate now, plus i just dont like any heat players right now
lebron= his mentality is weak for the game and it really bugs me plus his "chosen one" tat explains his character.
kobe= is a manipulator and seems to screw people in his way through the league just as long as he is number one in L.A.

^all three ball like no other

Oldmantrash
06-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Give me a Spur game any day over watching Kobe chuck, Lebron brick, and Wade dive at the basket.

They are talented players, but I'd rather watch team basketball.

3RDASYSTEM
06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
BRON - they dont like him because how he left CAVS and did the in arena parade and be rocking tshirts that flaunt his stat prowess on the court, he also changed his number to 6 and suggested that nobody ever wear #23 ever, right in the presence of i want to say RILEY/JORDAN...amazing

WADE - they dont like him because STERN/refs had the audacity to put him on the line more than any other player in FINALS history plus the one he idolized/endorsed....JORDAN....then the not getting out of 1st rd since title to telling everybody after losing to CELTS in 2010 that he wont be losing in 1st rd of playoffs for a long long time(did he already know about big 3 forming?)

KB8 - Took JORDAN walk/talk/game and walking around like its his game, won 5 rings(3 as ROBIN,2as BATMAN, how did that happen?nevermind) to get a even bigger pass than WADE...his fans say his 81pt game and 62pts thru 3qtrs are the reason why he is a top 5 player ever..cant forget the 5rings to make it more believable,but also being a backupguard to jones and starting on allstar team but not for his regular season laker team is quite amusing also,hype at its finest....media may not like him cuz of rape case but us folks over here know that wasnt the case and he just ripped her up and her bf got jealous/mad and they had to go thru the court situation, he didnt rape her it was to get him to conform so he could replace the guard who was better individually but didnt have the rings/media backing,so they exiled him to make a facade of him having no 'rivals' for his career? how can a backupguard have any rivals? funniest **** i've heard in sports

popo85
06-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Agreed OP i hope James wins this year he's been criticized way too much.

Spurred1
06-04-2012, 07:43 PM
People form their opinions by watching how these players play and behave in games and related spectacles. The Heat drew a lot of disgust and hate because of LeBron's ill thought "Decision" special and then their celebration with their Big 3 when they had yet to prove how well they would/wouldn't play together. People seem to despise Wade/LBJ and view Bosh as essentially another player-not an arrogant Personality A type like his teammates.
Kobe gets a lot of hate because of the whole rape issue and the perceived problems that he has (or had) with coaches/players. I get the feeling he's rather difficult to get along with. But maybe that's just me.
Great bb players come along every few years. I think people can respect what these players do, but can still despise them to a certain extent. There are some players I hate, but I can admit they are talented and I certainly don't wish injury or death on them. They haven't done anything to me personally; they are playing a game and serving as entertainment.

theheatles
06-04-2012, 08:47 PM
There should be multiple threads daily praising LeBron for his greatness

majmarcus
06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Its easy to admit all 3 players are supremely talented. I for one dont care for Lebron.Got mad respect for his game though. But Ive grown to dislike Wade even more. He seemed to be more likeable before Bron & Bosh got there. Not nearly as arrogant. Being the overwhelming favorite to win has a way of changing people I guess. Not to mention he's always falling on the damm floor for some reason. That noodle leg ish has long gotten on my nervous.

As mentioned with Kobe; he's been arrogant his whole career. So I honestly dont see the big deal with that. Someone said something about him taking Jordan's game & acting like its his own. My question to that poster is how is that? Kobe has always paid homage to the great one...gave him props & paid him his respect. Besides, theres not a single player who hasnt/doesnt admire someone before him/her. They're students of the game & followers of the players that played. So if thats a crime & ur guna charge Kobe with it. You may as well get at everyone both dead & alive for the same exact thing.

As far as Lebron goes. Well here's where Skip Bayless makes a lot of sense:
*T-shirt reads "Check my stats"
*A king w/o a ring(ringless king). He privately refers to himself as "The King".
The way he left Cleveland was flat out tacky & classless. In addition to "Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7...cmon man!
*He seemingly suffers from brain not connecting with his words syndrome. Says alot of mindless crap.
*The whole failure to show a shred of sportsmanship when he didnt shake hands after being ousted by the Magic.
*Claiming he had to go potty(a ploy)because Gilbert didnt bow down to him & his Bronterage.
*Those silly damm handshakes/antics.

In closing, theres something to dislike about all those mofos & everyone else walking the planet. Noone can argue with what they bring to the court. Thats undeniable. But personality wise, get the hell over it ladies. We're not expected to have dinner & coffee with them. Just enjoy their games sports fans.

GunFactor187
06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
I for one am only a Kobe fan out of the three, the other two I'm indifferent about, however as Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose are concerned I like them better.

BklynKnicks3
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
agreed on kobe but lebron and wade are cowards who made the league worse by joining

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-05-2012, 08:23 AM
agreed on kobe but lebron and wade are cowards who made the league worse by joining

um what lol?:confused:

KnicksTape
06-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Why is wade mentioned along the likes of Lebron and Kobe? Lol

khaleesi
06-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Every criticism today is called hating.

And people who use the term are usually soft and immature.

They also use the term to avoid actually dialoging the points made. A sign of a lack of intellect.

Too many gold stars for mediocre-to-useless garbage nowadays. Hotter the fire, stronger the steal. Don't like it, look away.

bucketss
06-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Why is wade mentioned along the likes of Lebron and Kobe? Lol

because he's hated on alot on this site even more than kobe slightly less than lebron.

Chavacano
06-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Hate is a strong word. Can't we start at "dislike"? :p

Htownballa1622
06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Its easy to admit all 3 players are supremely talented. I for one dont care for Lebron.Got mad respect for his game though. But Ive grown to dislike Wade even more. He seemed to be more likeable before Bron & Bosh got there. Not nearly as arrogant. Being the overwhelming favorite to win has a way of changing people I guess. Not to mention he's always falling on the damm floor for some reason. That noodle leg ish has long gotten on my nervous.

As mentioned with Kobe; he's been arrogant his whole career. So I honestly dont see the big deal with that. Someone said something about him taking Jordan's game & acting like its his own. My question to that poster is how is that? Kobe has always paid homage to the great one...gave him props & paid him his respect. Besides, theres not a single player who hasnt/doesnt admire someone before him/her. They're students of the game & followers of the players that played. So if thats a crime & ur guna charge Kobe with it. You may as well get at everyone both dead & alive for the same exact thing.

As far as Lebron goes. Well here's where Skip Bayless makes a lot of sense:
*T-shirt reads "Check my stats"
*A king w/o a ring(ringless king). He privately refers to himself as "The King".
The way he left Cleveland was flat out tacky & classless. In addition to "Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7...cmon man!
*He seemingly suffers from brain not connecting with his words syndrome. Says alot of mindless crap.
*The whole failure to show a shred of sportsmanship when he didnt shake hands after being ousted by the Magic.
*Claiming he had to go potty(a ploy)because Gilbert didnt bow down to him & his Bronterage.
*Those silly damm handshakes/antics.

In closing, theres something to dislike about all those mofos & everyone else walking the planet. Noone can argue with what they bring to the court. Thats undeniable. But personality wise, get the hell over it ladies. We're not expected to have dinner & coffee with them. Just enjoy their games sports fans.

1. It's just a t-shirt.

2.kings traditionally had crowns i thought. He was given the nickname "king" as a marketing ploy straight out of high school because of "king james."

3. The decision was kinda tacky, but he also raised a lot of money to fund those boys and girls clubs. The "not 1, not 2..etc" line was held at a MIAMI HEAT "pep rally" that espn jumped on and people like YOU ran with. Did you want him to say..."well actually i think we'll be lucky to get one."

4. he sometimes says some things that aren't the smartest of things to say but he can say one thing and people twist it to make it negative.

5. So he didn't shake hands with the magic players that year. he was pissed they lost. So what? MANY players do this BUT when LEBRON does it, it's a huge deal and its talked about on espn.

6. not sure what you mean about a potty thing. lost me on that.

7. silly handshakes? so of ALL the nba players that do lame handshakes, only HE gets to you?

Sounds to me like you just don't like the guy regardless of what he does. You're really reaching on most of what your beef with him is.

3RDASYSTEM
06-05-2012, 09:41 AM
MAJMARCUS its a really big, and i mean BIG diff. from having someone influence you and you take somebodys entire walk/talk/game/blueprint

heres the diff. ....BRON/IVERSON grew up on JORDAN and you can see in the BRON wearing the 23# and AI doing fadeaways on his shots and wanting to score like JORDAN but they also better athletes than JORDAN or at least equal and have they own ID/game to where KB8 was nowhere near that athlete and he looks exactly like JORDAN(2nd 3peat JORDAN,old man)....so i know what im talking about from the fistpumping to jumping in the air to walk to talk to everything, he raped JORDAN completely and then run around and say he grew up idolizing MAGIC/WEST, but i see none of them in his game...jus JORDAN

Did you not hear J.BARRY on ESPN countdown a few weeks backs talk about how KB8 wants to be just 'like' JORDAN,how he said KB8 studied all his interviews/game film? funniest **** i ever heard in sports...2nd one is how he 'developed' into a superstar? when did SUPERSTARS develop into SUPERSTARS? nevermind, backupguard turn allstars do....BARRY said this on the biggest network influence in all of sports and you mean to tell me the genuises here at PSD missed those quotes by BARRY, or am i that paranoid and just making this **** up?

and from my 'sources' who played in the NBA, they called him a wannabe JORDAN way way back before the 81pt game fame and all...why would a person in NBA call him a wannabe JORDAN? and trust me it wasnt no hate comment at all...even the biggest LAKER fans have admitted to me that he 'mastered' JORDANS game, he took and mastered it and they said thats reason why he is better,thats why sports world is so ****ed up, ......go jump off a cliff

dh144498
06-05-2012, 04:31 PM

Wade - flopping, arrogant(making fun of dirk), D-Whistle (getting favored by refs, aka 2006 finals)
Kobe - rape case, MJ "imitation"

fixed

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
so we are all supposed to love everyone and blow kisses at these guys?
half the fun of sports is disagreeing and arguing about players, games, etc.

my opinion is i dont like these guys and i'm allowed to have that opinion.

A person hating on someone because an athlete hurts their feelings is not the best of opinions to have.

dodie53
06-05-2012, 06:16 PM
"they want me, lebron, kobe or dwyane wade" -- 50 cent

majmarcus
06-05-2012, 07:52 PM
MAJMARCUS its a really big, and i mean BIG diff. from having someone influence you and you take somebodys entire walk/talk/game/blueprint

heres the diff. ....BRON/IVERSON grew up on JORDAN and you can see in the BRON wearing the 23# and AI doing fadeaways on his shots and wanting to score like JORDAN but they also better athletes than JORDAN or at least equal and have they own ID/game to where KB8 was nowhere near that athlete and he looks exactly like JORDAN(2nd 3peat JORDAN,old man)....so i know what im talking about from the fistpumping to jumping in the air to walk to talk to everything, he raped JORDAN completely and then run around and say he grew up idolizing MAGIC/WEST, but i see none of them in his game...jus JORDAN

Did you not hear J.BARRY on ESPN countdown a few weeks backs talk about how KB8 wants to be just 'like' JORDAN,how he said KB8 studied all his interviews/game film? funniest **** i ever heard in sports...2nd one is how he 'developed' into a superstar? when did SUPERSTARS develop into SUPERSTARS? nevermind, backupguard turn allstars do....BARRY said this on the biggest network influence in all of sports and you mean to tell me the genuises here at PSD missed those quotes by BARRY, or am i that paranoid and just making this **** up?

and from my 'sources' who played in the NBA, they called him a wannabe JORDAN way way back before the 81pt game fame and all...why would a person in NBA call him a wannabe JORDAN? and trust me it wasnt no hate comment at all...even the biggest LAKER fans have admitted to me that he 'mastered' JORDANS game, he took and mastered it and they said thats reason why he is better,thats why sports world is so ****ed up, ......go jump off a cliff

Hahaha...him got a bit emotional towards the end there lol. Bro, there isnt a single person who knows basketball that will deny the whole Kobe studying Jordan thing. What Im saying to you is Jordan is recognized world wide as the GOAT. So, it seems perferctly logical to me that if youre going to immulate the man...go all in with it. I personally think the problem you have, is he mirrors Jordan the most.

But as I said before, BIG WOO!!¡!! Jordan did the powder toss & Lebron copied that along with rockin the #23. Is that not the same thing??? Let me guess, No its not because Lebron sweats more than Leon Lett in the post game after a loss & make foolish comments.

The bottom line is the comparisons are pointless & the breakdowns are useless. You & me both have stated a bunch of ish that noone cares about. Im convinced we'll have the lowest rated sports show on tv/radio & will likely get cancelled during our 1st segment. We're a couple of idiots who gets a bit cranky if we go too long without a juice box.

We're equally pathetic & Our lives are a mess. Theres still a vacancy next to me on this cliff if you want to jump with me. So what do ya say brother...you wanna? Lets hold hands...lol

JJ_JKidd
06-05-2012, 11:11 PM

:facepalm: