PDA

View Full Version : Would the NBA been better off locked out all season?

NYSpirit1
05-20-2012, 01:40 AM
All season long, the NBA has not provided a good brand of basketball. With a condensed schedule, no training camp, players have gotten injured left and right. The All-Star game was kind of pathetic with voting ending after 20 games and Iguodala, Hibbert and Deng making the squad. And injuries have been the story of the playoffs.

It's basically become a story of Rose tore his ACL, Howard never played in the playoffs, Lin never played in the playoffs (and Shump tore his ACL), Bosh is now out, Paul & Griffin are playing seriously hurt and Wade is hurt.

The healthy teams are the ones prevailing while the Bulls, Magic and Knicks are out. The Clippers are on their last legs and the Heat are down 2-1.

It's really a shame Stern had to pack in 66 games and not just make it a 50 game season without having 5 games a week, it's not baseball.

There truly should be an asterisk to the champion, because every team was not nearly healthy at all and I can't think of any other season in NBA history where this many stars were injured come playoff time.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-20-2012, 01:42 AM
How many threads in an hour you create?

SpaceJamJordans
05-20-2012, 01:43 AM
how many threads in an hour you create?

lolol

SpaceJamJordans
05-20-2012, 01:44 AM
To answer this question, no. Let them rest during the offseason and then regain themselves with better conditioning and less compacted games

carter15
05-20-2012, 01:53 AM

PacersForLife
05-20-2012, 02:04 AM
No, I would rather have basketball than no basketball to put it simply. I do miss the regular season schedule and all the stuff they had to miss due to the lockout however...

JoeyBoy718
05-20-2012, 02:17 AM
You're kind of a hypocrite. You're a Knick homer who is wishing this season had never happened because it led to the injuries of Jeremy Lin and Iman Shumpert, yet if this season never happened there would be no Jeremy Lin or Iman Shumpert.

D1JM
05-20-2012, 02:33 AM
iggy, hibbert and deng werent bad selections for the all-star team. if you want flashy than maybe, but those guys impact their teams exponentially.

greg_ory_2005
05-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Cool story bro.

RiLoc
05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
No, I would rather have basketball than no basketball to put it simply.qft

Sadds The Gr8
05-20-2012, 11:21 AM
lol I remember this guy making a thread saying this would be the greatest season in NBA history, and now that NYK is out he's complaining.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-20-2012, 11:29 AM
lol I remember this guy making a thread saying this would be the greatest season in NBA history, and now that NYK is out he's complaining.

:laugh2:

tcav701
05-20-2012, 11:30 AM
You're kind of a hypocrite. You're a Knick homer who is wishing this season had never happened because it led to the injuries of Jeremy Lin and Iman Shumpert, yet if this season never happened there would be no Jeremy Lin or Iman Shumpert.

You are the man.

/thread.

Swashcuff
05-20-2012, 11:38 AM

:nod:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=676518

bucketss
05-20-2012, 11:42 AM

\:clap:

tyfreaks brotha
05-20-2012, 11:42 AM
What's done is done just move on

bucketss
05-20-2012, 11:49 AM
:nod:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=676518

lol reading through that thread alot of cocky knick fans one said the sixers arent in the same league as them and said they were in the same league as the pacers lol funny how it worked out now that both those teams are in the second round one of them is up 2-1 and the other tied at 2-2 while the knicks got nearly swept in the first

Swashcuff
05-20-2012, 11:51 AM
lol reading through that thread alot of cocky knick fans one said the sixers arent in the same league as them and said they were in the same league as the pacers lol funny how it worked out now that both those teams are in the second round one of them is up 2-1 and the other tied at 2-2 while the knicks got nearly swept in the first

I'm almost tempted to bump that thread to show them how WRONG they were. I won't however.

2-ONE-5
05-20-2012, 11:53 AM
the PLAYERS agreed on the schedule too.....

kdspurman
05-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Injuries happen, they're part of the game. In a full season, or shortened season, the freak injuries Rose/Shump experienced are always possible. And Blake/CP3? Those injuries are also injuries that happen during a full season, it's nothing that was "lock-out induced"

Having said that, I do think it is on the coaches to rest players, limit their minutes, and try and keep them as fresh as possible for the long. No reason guys should play 38+ mpg and try and play every single game.

Gram
05-20-2012, 12:58 PM

Lol I remember that too. :laugh:

:hi5:

LA_Raiders
05-20-2012, 03:02 PM
They should be in shape... It is their fault... All the $$$ they make, they should be able to hire personal trainer for the off season...