PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom

IndiansFan337
05-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Can you guys see Miami bringing in Odom next year, if he's willing to settle for a lesser contract? He certainly would help address their rebounding weakness if he at all resembles the 2010-2011 Odom.

godolphins
05-19-2012, 11:20 AM
For the veteran minimum? Why not. A motivate Odom would be a great addition to this team.

kjoke
05-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Thats what we need right now. Another old player who has been in decline, and offers nothing that we need/

naps
05-19-2012, 12:26 PM
If this was Odom of a year ago I would love this. He is probably the most versatile off the bench big in the league. His rebounding would make us significantly better team. But I am not sure if he's the same Odom anymore.

justinnum1
05-19-2012, 12:57 PM
for the veteran minimum? Why not. A motivate odom would be a great addition to this team.

+1

flashelement
05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
F Odom. Get a young guy in here.... Beasley anyone? Damn his scoring could have come in handy with Bosh out... No? Oh yeah, I forgot you dummies love the "Warrior" (Haslem)

JNoel
05-19-2012, 03:41 PM
I would take a chance on him, we seem like we need all the bench depth we can get

naps
05-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I would actually welcome Beasley back. When none of our bench guys can't make a basket to save their lives Beasley would be very effective.

justinnum1
05-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Not a big fan of the beezer, i loved him while he was here, but that was the homer in me. He is horrible on D, and inefficient on offense. PLus he is sooooo imature. Not exactly the kind of personality i would want a contender, unless we had riley or some coach that could really control him. If he would take the min, then maybe.

But id rather have the following before beasley
-nash
-hill
-any decent big that would take 3mil per
-ray allen

Scrappy Doo
05-19-2012, 11:06 PM
How about trading up into the lottery for an impact rookie?

Do we have any ammo to move up (assuming without breaking up the big 3)?

justinnum1
05-19-2012, 11:13 PM
How about trading up into the lottery for an impact rookie?

Do we have any ammo to move up (assuming without breaking up the big 3)?

no. not to mention we suck at drafting.

beasted86
05-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I'd love Odom. A guy who can handle the ball, rebound, and score. Allows us to trade Haslem who I think is done.

3ballbomber
05-20-2012, 03:32 AM
F Odom. Get a young guy in here.... Beasley anyone? Damn his scoring could have come in handy with Bosh out... No? Oh yeah, I forgot you dummies love the "Warrior" (Haslem)
u got away? Beasley ***** were eradicated over 3 yrs ago you slippery bugger.

dnewguy
05-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Anything that will bring any of the Kardashians to South Beach, I am against.

justinnum1
05-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Anything that will bring any of the Kardashians to South Beach, I am against.

very good point.

Derick713
05-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Pat Riley would love to get Odom at the right price. You know Wade would love to have him back. You know Pat has always been fond of his talent. I'm sure Riles will have to make sure Odom's heart is still in the game. This past season had to make some people wonder about Odom's desire. There will be more than a few interesting names of the free agent market. Names like Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Michael Redd, Carlos Delfino, Grant Hill, Mickael Pietrus, Shannon Brown, Mo Williams, Kirk Hinrich Jordan Farmar, and Jerddy Bayless will surely peak the Heat's interest. Front court players like Marcus Camby, Jordan Hill, Kwame Brown, Vladimir Radmanovic, Antawn Jamison, Ian Mahinmi, Kenyon Martin, Nazr Mohammed, and Jason Maxiell will drawn serious consideration. The Heat will look to add youth, depth, and shooting.

lavilevi23
05-21-2012, 06:48 PM
We need a solid center on this team. I'll take Camby for the full MLE we have any day of the week alrgough he said he wants to stay in Huston like Billups said he wants to stay in L.A. Maybe we'll get a solid backup in Kirk Hinrich or just resgin Turiaf and call it a day.

Derick713
05-21-2012, 07:55 PM
We need a solid center on this team. I'll take Camby for the full MLE we have any day of the week alrgough he said he wants to stay in Huston like Billups said he wants to stay in L.A. Maybe we'll get a solid backup in Kirk Hinrich or just resgin Turiaf and call it a day.

I think the Heat might avoid Hinrich because of his injury history. Plus the Bulls might go hard after Hinrich since Rose will be out for much of next season. The Bulls didn't want to let Hinrich go initially and Jerry might want him back. I can see the Heat taking a chance on Jordan Farmar. He's a good shooter who could provide a spark off the bench. He might be willing to take a discount to prove he can start. It'll be interesting to see if the Heat cut Curry in favor of taking a chance on Oden. There might be a lot of moves made by the Heat in the off season.

justinnum1
05-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I think the Heat might avoid Hinrich because of his injury history. I can see the Heat taking a chance on Jordan Farmar. He's a good shooter who could provide a spark off the bench. He might be willing to take a discount to prove he can start. It'll be interesting to see if the Heat cut Curry in favor of taking a chance on Oden. There might be a lot of moves made by the Heat in the off season.

i would be pissed if we signed farmar, especially if it was for more than the min

Ethix11
05-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I can picture Billups here next season to stabilize the 1 if he agrees on the min after LAs flameout. Odom is inconsistant and not a dire need for the Heat. As far a Center goes, im hoping for Camby at the mid level if we have that. Only other player id spend the mid on is Nash.

flashwade03
05-21-2012, 10:05 PM
im on it ..though im missing some tough guys for our team ..esp juwan wont be around next season ..i want tough guy who plays defense ala james posey ..

Lord Leoshes
05-21-2012, 10:10 PM
i would be pissed if we signed farmar, especially if it was for more than the min

+1.

Way to many vet PG's out there in free agency to whined up with Farmar who is as bad defensively, as Quin was.:facepalm:

Lord Leoshes
05-21-2012, 10:13 PM
I can picture Billups here next season to stabilize the 1 if he agrees on the min after LAs flameout. Odom is inconsistant and not a dire need for the Heat. As far a Center goes, im hoping for Camby at the mid level if we have that. Only other player id spend the mid on is Nash.

Its looking like HOU isn't going to pick up the option on Dlembert, so he may also be a free agent.

beasted86
05-21-2012, 10:21 PM
+1.

Way to many vet PG's out there in free agency to whined up with Farmar who is as bad defensively, as Quin was.:facepalm:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... you are being very disrespectful to Chris Quinn here.

He was the all time great in poor defense out of the PG spot. On Quinn's best day he was worse than Bibby and Arroyo on their worst day.

Lord Leoshes
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Sasha Danilovic, Gerald Fitch, Scott Haffner, Clinton Wheeler, Kevin Pritchard, Kirk Penney, Craig Neal, & John Morton say hello. ;)

LRizzle
05-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Odom would be a great addition, especially since he's said to be looking for a minimum deal for 1 year to 'showcase' his skills and then get one last decent contract.

I don't know why someone even brought up trading Haslem, because that would never happen. Arison and Riley will give Wade and Haslem contracts for as long as they want to play.

All the Ray Allen speculation isn't realistic, I really think a team like Brooklyn will give him 2 yrs for 10-12M.