PDA

View Full Version : Should Duncan coach the Spurs after he retires?

TylerSL
05-19-2012, 02:20 AM
I personally believe Pop and Duncan leave together. Do you guys think its possible that Duncan comes back and coaches the Spurs? I say yes (at least I hope so *fingers crossed*)

cutiepie80
05-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. I am so sick of watching that guy play basketball.

Don't get me wrong, he is a first round hall of famer but his game has always been SO boring to watch and he has no personality. Just retire big man, hang your head high and go on to never say anything.

Method28
05-19-2012, 02:30 AM
sure why not.

Pop can coach the Clips if he needs a challenge :) i wouldnt mind....

then again....id rather have.rambis than vdn

TylerSL
05-19-2012, 02:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, he is a first round hall of famer but his game has always been SO boring to watch and he has no personality. Just retire big man, hang your head high and go on to never say anything.

what are you talking about? Duncan is a pretty funny guy, just listen to him talk. I just think he keeps to himself and is sort of quiet, but when he talks, he can be pretty funny.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tim-duncan-urges-allstars-to-use-inside-voice-duri,19243/

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-19-2012, 02:49 AM
No, he should do more Edge Gel commercials.

The gnomes, it was the gnomes! :laugh:

Philapsychosis
05-19-2012, 03:08 AM
what are you talking about? Duncan is a pretty funny guy, just listen to him talk. I just think he keeps to himself and is sort of quiet, but when he talks, he can be pretty funny.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tim-duncan-urges-allstars-to-use-inside-voice-duri,19243/

This is an onion article homie. This didn't happen

bowieinspace
05-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Haha the onion is a fake newspaper dude.

According to the gif, Duncan should coach the team before retirement.

Ebbs
05-19-2012, 03:39 AM
I think he could be.

lakersfan01
05-19-2012, 03:54 AM
I think he should coach the Lakers lol

JasonJohnHorn
05-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I love all the Duncan threads that have been popping up the last couple days. You'd think the guy was Jeremy Lin or something... lol.

I don't know when or if it will happen. Pop has a lot of years left in the tank, but I believe that Duncan would be good with the Xs and Os, though I'm not sure he has the personality to yell at players and motivate them. I hope he does go into coaching though. It would be nice to see that.

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-19-2012, 11:50 AM
You know it's weird how much play the Spurs are getting. I dig it. Anyways. Duncan a coach...I'm not sure. He's more likely to sail away into the sunsets with his family. He may stay in some state in the community. But, he's a very private person.

ManningToTyree
05-19-2012, 12:09 PM
that would be cool

kdspurman
05-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Pop's not leaving when Tim does.. He just jokes about that. The guy loves to coach.

And I don't think Tim will coach them anyway. Manu's got a better chance of coaching them lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzGY9aAdgmQ

Swashcuff
05-19-2012, 12:28 PM
I honestly think if anyone thinks Tim Duncan is boring they truly don't have appreciation for basketball at its purest but rather is just a fan of the flash and glamor. Me personally I LOVE watching TD play.

BigBongTheory
05-19-2012, 12:38 PM

The Onion. :laugh2: Honest mistake though friend.

naps
05-19-2012, 12:47 PM

Dumbest post in a long time. Duncan's game is beautiful and if you understood the game properly you would appreciate his game more than any other's. Kids these days watch young explosive combo guards (;)) make some layups and dunk once in a while and think it's exciting...SMH.

And Duncan has no personality? Are you ****ing kidding me?

NYtilIdie
05-19-2012, 12:50 PM
If you watch the Spurs this year and honestly think they're boring, you're not a basketball fan.

topdog
05-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I honestly think if anyone thinks Tim Duncan is boring they truly don't have appreciation for basketball at its purest but rather is just a fan of the flash and glamor. Me personally I LOVE watching TD play.

He has a real nice game until those eyes start popping out of his head. Someone should ask him if he's ever committed a foul.

GrumpyOldMan
05-19-2012, 01:26 PM
I think Duncan would be a great coach after his career as a player is done. With his understanding of the fundamentals at both ends of the floor he would be a great college coach. Maybe Wake Forest would welcome him back. Then he could graduate to the pros.

TylerSL
05-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Haha the onion is a fake newspaper dude.

According to the gif, Duncan should coach the team before retirement.

o haha my mistake lol. I still think Duncan can be pretty funny.

TylerSL
05-19-2012, 01:45 PM
The Onion. :laugh2: Honest mistake though friend.

haha i know

jezzyman05
05-19-2012, 01:49 PM

Shut up! Seriously man It's posts like this that piss me off.......I can tell you don't know squat about basketball.......

Tim Duncan should coach he teaches the mos important thing.........fundamentals something that the NBA desperately needs

JEDean89
05-21-2012, 04:54 AM
td is a boss

Sly Guy
05-21-2012, 12:50 PM

seriously, you need to shut up. Basketball's more than dunks and talkin' smack ya'know?

TrueFan420
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I could see him staying on with the spurs as a big man coach

Lab Rat Robby
05-21-2012, 03:32 PM
I could see him staying on with the spurs as a big man coach

i could also see him coaching orlando or miami.

BobbyHillSwag
05-21-2012, 06:24 PM
lol at duncan being boring. dude is exciting to watch, i wish he would get more touches like he used to.

8kobe24
05-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Duncan is boring, has no flash whatsoever, but the man is effective. And his effectiveness has brought 4 championships.