PDA

View Full Version : I honestly believe that Heat players know Spo is a bad coach and don't respect him

Wade>You
05-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Doc Rivers has the respect of his players. And he earns it by putting them in a position to win, thus, they believe and trust in him. They'll run through a brick wall for him. The same could be said for many great coaches in the NBA.

Contrast with the Heat and Spo:

We all know what happened between Wade and Spoelstra in game 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMqtpU3slk

But what wasn't very highly publicized is that LeBron James not once mentioned Spoelstra when he was giving thanks for his MVP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5m6GL28GiM#t=6m7s

("The Miami Heat organization...Micky, Pat .... uhh Nick")

(The look on Spo's face is priceless)

And we all know about "Bumpgate" between LeBron and Spo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgf6fd88g8#t=11s

In the same game from Bumpgate, Chris Bosh stared down Erik Spoelstra when Spo took him out with foul trouble in the last minutes of a regulation game (lol what a stupid coaching decision). Needless to say, the Heat lost):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx8Dq5A1aBw

These are players that have nothing but the utmost respect for coaches around this league (I know this because they're always praising the opposing coaches in pregame/postgame interviews), but you'll rarely (if ever) hear them talking about Spoelstra the same way they do about those other coaches.

Holydiver
05-18-2012, 10:19 PM
that has been apparent since this fiasco began

BcEuAbRsS
05-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Spo isn't missing wide open shots, I don't always agree with Spo but I do think he is an above average coach. If the players aren't listening than I think that says more about them then it does Spo.

Sportfan
05-18-2012, 10:32 PM
orly?

javsvt
05-18-2012, 10:33 PM
They should've thought of that before they promised not 1, but multiple championships.

ManRam
05-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Cuban blasted him about his coaching in the Finals...and the more you look at it, the more it looks like he was right.

I do fully believe he is unable to make the proper adjustments. He didn't lose game 2, or especially game 3...but my non-expert opinion is that he's not doing a good job at all of putting his team in the position to overcome extenuating circumstances. I don't think he makes proper adjustments. In the 3rd quarter last night he for sure didn't.

But, don't get it twisted, I don't blame him for his team being down 2-1. He's a part of the problem, but FAR from the scapegoat. The scapegoats are Wade, Bosh getting hurt and the supporting cast and their inability to score (besides Mario last night). I mean, literally ALL THE BENCH NEEDS TO DO is hit a few threes and they'll win games. They've missed open shot after open shot...and it's doomed them.

But still, Spo isn't pushing the right buttons or getting the right guys involved (mainly LeBron in the 3rd last night, for example)>

javsvt
05-18-2012, 10:45 PM
If Wade hit shots, this thread wouldn't exist.

PacersForLife
05-18-2012, 10:49 PM
I honestly don't think the big 3 like the guy.... I kinda don't even like the guy and I don't know why.

Slug3
05-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I have never been a fan of Spo. I just think he cant make adjustments, doesnt know what an offense looks like and cant draw up plays out of timeouts.

NYK4L
05-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Heat fans still trying to defend wade's actions :facepalm:

Boy lebron and the heat really made sure they had a small celebration, I thought I was gonna see fireworks and a light show. Good for you that you learned humility. When lebron thanked his mom and said "you probably have heard the story" was anybody thinking delonte west?

topdog
05-18-2012, 11:12 PM
It's a no-win situation. You say you want Spo to be a great coach making the tough calls and setting up game-winning plays. But he has a team of superstars and they want to tell you "Give me the ball, coach. I've got this." How is he as a relative "nobody" (I don't believe he played ball, right?) supposed to tell superstars how to play and when is he supposed to tell them what to do and when does he simply say "It's yours Lebron. Make the read and win the game."

He can't win because if he makes more adjustments in play calling, people will complain that he is overcoaching. I think he did exactly what he should have and made the focus of his coaching implementing a new offense in the offseason that utilizes Wade and Lebron's world class athleticism.

StinkEye
05-18-2012, 11:25 PM
He's not a very good coach.

3ballbomber
05-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Spo is not to blame. Spo has been criticized by Miami Heat fans since Beasley was drafted. Spo is a good coach. Same old story, nothin' new here.

Slug3
05-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Spo is not to blame. Spo has been criticized by Miami Heat fans since Beasley was drafted. Spo is a good coach. Same old story, nothin' new here.

He is in no way a good coach. Why didnt he get any coach of the year votes? Because everyone knows how bad he is.

StinkEye
05-18-2012, 11:38 PM

I don't think it's fair to put a lot of blame on him, but he is still not a good coach.

knicks4life33
05-18-2012, 11:51 PM
spo is not a coach. He is a video coordinator

Redskins10
05-18-2012, 11:55 PM
God I root for the Heat but come on. Is it really that difficult for people to blame Wade? I mean honestly, first it's Lebron, now it's Spo? D-Wade was the reason the Heat lost the game. I know it's tough for people to admit, but it's true.. Oh, it's damn true.

boolish
05-18-2012, 11:57 PM
I've watched a few of these speeches and they seem to forget to mention their head coach even when they are sitting right in front of em. in fact drose didn't mention thibs last year. I don't think bron mentioned Mike Brown either. MVPs tend to be a bit self centered I guess.

boolish
05-19-2012, 12:00 AM
spo is not a coach. He is a video coordinator

and wade is not a super star. he's a cry baby.

NYtilIdie
05-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm still waiting for Riley to stop ***king around and takeover this team already.

BklyNyk
05-19-2012, 12:08 AM
hhahahaaa.

D1JM
05-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Lets blame spo whenever the heat lose and lets give all the credit to the big three whenever they win. :rolleyes:

i thought they just wanted to chill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CizXJh7mugo)

topdog
05-19-2012, 12:18 AM
He is in no way a good coach. Why didnt he get any coach of the year votes? Because everyone knows how bad he is.

That's an illogical argument. Coach of the year generally goes to a coach whose team does surprisingly well or markedly better than the previous year.

Miami has no way of exceeding expectations having 3 superstars in their prime years and as favorites to win the championship.

xabial
05-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Lmao 19 Voted No. Zero Voted Yes. No offense Miami heat Fans, But I actually think you could win the NBA Championship and Coach Spoelstra would still get No Respect from most people.

Rain City
05-19-2012, 12:22 AM
i dont think that spoe is a bad coach, i do think some of his players feel that way, and they definitely do not respect him.......watching this okc game, scotty brooks sat westbrook down 4 min into the game for a couple ill advised shots in his hometown!!!! spoe would never be that bold!

The Jokemaker
05-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Bad coach? Who knows considering he has two players who refused to be coach because they're so awesome and amazing they are superior to 99% of coaches. If Pat Riley was coaching this team they would still be down 2-1, just the coach wouldn't be the excuse.

TylerSL
05-19-2012, 01:36 AM

I'm not gonna say Spo is the best coach in the league or anything, but he is better than most people give him credit for. He is one of the best defensive minds in the NBA right now. My only beef with him is it takes him forever to to change rotations. When he finally gets around to changing rotations they are long overdue. But he is better than most people give him credit for. He is a leader, and a great defensive mind.

TylerSL
05-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Cuban blasted him about his coaching in the Finals...and the more you look at it, the more it looks like he was right.

I do fully believe he is unable to make the proper adjustments. He didn't lose game 2, or especially game 3...but my non-expert opinion is that he's not doing a good job at all of putting his team in the position to overcome extenuating circumstances. I don't think he makes proper adjustments. In the 3rd quarter last night he for sure didn't.

But, don't get it twisted, I don't blame him for his team being down 2-1. He's a part of the problem, but FAR from the scapegoat. The scapegoats are Wade, Bosh getting hurt and the supporting cast and their inability to score (besides Mario last night). I mean, literally ALL THE BENCH NEEDS TO DO is hit a few threes and they'll win games. They've missed open shot after open shot...and it's doomed them.

But still, Spo isn't pushing the right buttons or getting the right guys involved (mainly LeBron in the 3rd last night, for example)>

I agree, Spo is a great defensive coach, and is a leader for the team. But he just waits and waits and waits before making changes. When he finally gets around to it, it is long overdue. To me thats his only major flaw.

Also, trust me, I know what you mean about not making shots. Battier is an awesome defender, but that guy hasnt hit ANYTHING all season. He stands over in the corner WIDE OPEN and MISSES ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! I know its not just Battier but he is definately worth mentioning.

3ballbomber
05-19-2012, 01:56 AM
so in order to have proof that you are a good coach you need to have COY under your belt? c'mon man.

3ballbomber
05-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Lets blame spo whenever the heat lose and lets give all the credit to the big three whenever they win. :rolleyes:

i thought they just wanted to chill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CizXJh7mugo)
This.

Again, this has been happening since Spo started coaching. Even when Wade had the worst team mates people were still blaming Spo. I remember Beasley ***** wanted his head each time spo played Haslem over Beasley. Again, same old ***** here by Miami fans.

WAde has always had Spo's back and is one of is biggest supporters. Wade seems to have the Lebron syndrome of blaming the coach rather than himself. I've never seen Wade like this and i've been following him since 2003.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Spo will be in the HOF when its all said and done.

cutiepie80
05-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Oh wait, maybe 3 stars and 9 deadbeats is a tough task?

OC Knights #11
05-19-2012, 02:29 AM
I honestly believe that Spo knows that Lebron will never win a championship.

3ballbomber
05-19-2012, 02:57 AM
I honestly believe that Spo knows that Lebron will never win a championship.
surely you can't believe that?

javsvt
05-19-2012, 07:11 AM
surely you can't believe that?

Maybe he does, and stop calling him Surely.:laugh:
In all seriousness, sad to see them blame the coach who had the second best record in the east. We didn't hear much before, now Wade is being a cry baby, and it's the coaches fault. What if they win the championship this year if they come back in the series, are you still gonna let the coach go?:rolleyes: