PDA

View Full Version : Why are people overrating the Spurs?

Longhornfan1234
05-18-2012, 02:05 PM
They have played 2 teams. They have played 6 games. 4 of those 6 have been at home. 4 of those 6 have been against a really average Utah Jazz team. The Clippers, with a banged up Chris Paul, aren't exactly contenders. It shouldn't be that surprising that they are where they are right now considering who they have played.

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 02:06 PM
chris paul aint banged up it's just an excuse, dude's injury aint hampering his game that much, they locking that fool down.

Chronz
05-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Banged up CP3, Blake, Butler. On the plus side, Vinny hasnt done bad

willabeast77
05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Most people aren't overrating them. Most consider them 2nd favorites to the Thunder.

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
they gonna spank the thunder's ***. wish i could put something on it

Chronz
05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
chris paul aint banged up it's just an excuse, dude's injury aint hampering his game that much, they locking that fool down.
LOL sounds like you havent seen CP3 all year. He usually has the ball on a string but his hand injury has hurt his handle, I noticed it in the final games vs Memphis so no, its not San Antonio, and his hip/groin is clearly bothering him. Doesnt have the same burst or handle despite little pressure.

Longhornfan1234
05-18-2012, 02:09 PM
they gonna spank the thunder's ***. wish i could put something on it

:facepalm:

Thunder win in game 5, easily.

LakersIn5
05-18-2012, 02:12 PM
i dont like the spurs but 16 straight wins i think.

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 02:13 PM
what kind of bets do yall do on this site? avy bets or something, im betting on the spurs

Longhornfan1234
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
i dont like the spurs but 16 straight wins i think.

You are talking about regular season. I don't look into that. Cleveland dominated the regular season a few years ago, just saying.

TheRazorboy
05-18-2012, 02:18 PM

Clearly some people are vastly underrating the Spurs.

WeCameAsRomans
05-18-2012, 02:21 PM
You face an 8th seeded Utah Jazz team that is still young and needs time to develop, maybe adding more players through the draft too. The Clippers are injuried with a lack of depth in the backcourt. Its hard not to overrate them but its also a given that they win each series within a few games.

justinnum1
05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
spurs are coming out the west, crazy deep

BobbyHillSwag
How overrated will spurs be when they beat okc? or are we still gonna make excuses till they win the championship

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Well, they were the best team in the west during the regular season:shrug:

Mikeleafs
05-18-2012, 02:25 PM
If anything they're UNDERRATED...

No one talks about them and they've won like 16 games in a row...

IMO, they're the favourite to win it all this year.

MetroMan
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Spurs are an excellent "TEAM" top 4 for sure

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 02:28 PM
lol at top 4, what a troll. top 2 atleast

John Walls Era
05-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Because they dominate.

justinnum1
05-18-2012, 02:30 PM
I do think they are the favorites to win the title, if anyone is going to win other than miami, i want it to be the spurs.

2-ONE-5
05-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Not sure how u can overrate the number 1 seed. LOL

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-18-2012, 02:35 PM
They're posterizing the almighty Lob City Leprachaun Blake Griffin. He's residing to shoot 18 foot jump shots. Sure he got his 20 points but he's not going to break down Tim Duncan in the post. He cannot even outmatch Tiago Splitter. The defense on Paul has been astounding. He had 10 points 8 turnovers. Says enough there. What more do you want 12 and 16 point wins. 16 wins in a row. 29 of 32, 23 of 26 on the road. Enough said, keep ignoring the Spurs. I'm game.

Bravo95
05-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Out-classed the opposition so far in every playoff game.

I picked them to win it all, and haven't seen anything from the remaining teams that would make me reconsider.

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Spurs haters have been coming for the last 15 years. A .702 winning percentage in that span with Duncan at the helm is the highest winning percentage in basketball history. He's played with 116 or so different players. There's nothing that you ________ won't sell to say they're overrated. The bench was taking care of the Clippers in game 2.

BALLER R
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
How are they overrated?

kdspurman
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
I personally don't like it... We're much better under the radar... But to name a few reasons:

-Best half court executing team in the league
-Much improved defense since the trade deadline
-Best 3 point shooting team in the playoffs
-Arguably the best bench in the playoffs
-Best coach in the playoffs
-One of the more Rested teams in the playoffs
-Can score inside and out

Not a lot of weaknesses with this team right now, and Pop is the master of adjustments and game planning. Seeing if their young guys can continue this high level play as the playoffs continue will be key.

They started 2-8 on the road and finished 20-2 on the road

The started the season 12-9 and went 38-7 the rest of the way (while getting rest)

They haven't lost a game in like 37 days and have had 3 games of winning streaks 10 games or longer.

heattiltheend94
05-18-2012, 02:46 PM

i barely come to this forum anymore because of "fans" like you that have no common sense. not denything the thunder will win or not, but you are just a giant :facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
It's because the Spurs have been underrated all season long.

Tony Parker had an MVP type season. Duncan is still showing he can be a solid post presence, Manu is playing like old Manu. They have some excellent role players in Leonard, Splitter, Neal, Blair, and Green.

I honestly think they're the best team in the West.

elizur
Spurs are coming out of the West. They are not overrated

TRF929

You are talking about regular season. I don't look into that. Cleveland dominated the regular season a few years ago, just saying.

What the hell do you look at then? They've won championships, so its not only the regular season people are looking at. How do you come to terms in crediting teams? I don't even wanna here about last year, when the Spurs were banged up, thats what I'm hearing now about the Clippers.

Other than OKC no other team has shown me anything that sways my opinion that Spurs are the best. I take Spurs in 6 vs OKC and Spurs in 5 against any East team for the ring.

fresh prince
05-18-2012, 02:48 PM
They are STILL being underrated. They are the clear cut favorites to win it all. And not enough people are aware of this fact

TheRazorboy
05-18-2012, 02:51 PM
How are they overrated?

If they get five minutes of the mandatory twenty-four hour Heat/Lakers/Clippers/Thunder/Tebow news cycle on ESPN, clearly it's overexposure.

Mishmin
05-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Crazy good team. And a real team, not just some stars with pieces thrown in to try and fit next to them.

And how about their next 5 off the bench: Ginobli, Stephen Jackson, Gary Neal, DeJuan Blair, Tiago Splitter. That bench could beat a lot of teams' starters.

Not overrated. Rated very high, as they should be. Right now probably second best to the Thunder.

Kobe2324
05-18-2012, 02:59 PM
overating? we are talking about the team with the best record and that has won 16 games in a row, this team is rolling and most likely will win the title, if anything they have been underrated all season, even by myself, they are the real deal now...

Longhornfan1234
05-18-2012, 03:02 PM
How are they overrated?

Did you not read the OP's thoughts? :facepalm:

torocan
05-18-2012, 03:05 PM
The Spurs are far from over-rated. If anything, most fans under-rate the Spurs.

They are clearly one of the top contenders for the CHIP. And honestly, even if Blake and CP3 were 100%, the Spurs would still win the series.

The spurs are crazy deep, can kill you inside and outside, are fast and efficient passers, run the post up and PNR game well, have multiple players with DEEP playoff experience, and play very good defense. And never underestimate the X-factor of Pops. There are VERY few coaches that can out-coach Pops.

I still think OKC is favored (good match ups AND deep), but the Spurs are a CLOSE 2nd (even that is arguable depending on who is making the case), and Miami WITH Bosh is still 3rd in my opinion. Without Bosh, I'm not even sure Miami will make it out of the second round, let alone get past OKC or the Spurs.

Anyone thinking that ANY team right now that isn't named OKC is a favorite over the Spurs hasn't been following the Spurs at all over the last decade, let alone this season.

TheNumber37
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Wait, you mean "underrating" right? They've won 25 of their last 27 games. Their playing at a really high level right now. They have to have stretch where they lose 4 of 7 games, which doesn't sound likely given the fact that they have won 25 of 27 and they only need 10 more wins to get a title.

TheRazorboy
05-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Did you not read the OP's thoughts? :facepalm:

Are you actually posting in the third person?

meloman1592
05-18-2012, 03:17 PM
They're the best team in the league to me, although Chris Paul is clearly hurt.

D-Leethal
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
The Spurs are going to make the Thunder look like the 23 yr olds they are, just like the Mavs did last year.

Teeboy1487
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Spur are the favorites to win it all imo. They have been the most dominant team in the playoffs so far. They earned that number one seed for a reason. I think they are rated just right.

leftymo
05-18-2012, 03:20 PM
The Spurs are a team that is really on the fence.

They are overall very underrated, but at the same time they are the only team that remotely comes close to the Lakers in terms of success.

I think this year they've earned their "under-ratedness" b/c its still the same three that everyone knows, and they were a #1 seed that was bounced in the first round last year. They've been a #1 seed several times in the past decade and haven't won championships for it. But they do have hardware to prove they are very worthy of being a champion.

I'd say this year, they are still underrated, but don't get the respect of most teams b/c they have won in off years. This year will be an asterisk year b/c of the shortened season, with Bosh & Rose out, it could be a defacto finals of Boston vs. SA.

Pop is winning with offense this year, and definitely deserves coach of the year this year. They should be the champs, but for once i'd like to see them successfully defend their championship. Something they've never done in over a decade.

Becks2307
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
SPURS have too much depth lol

leonard
danny green
neal
anderson
jackson
blair
splitter
bonner
mills
diaw

all outside of their big 3, thats ridic

Joshtd1
05-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Not sure how it's possible to overrate them but what do I know. Usually when a team has played better then anyone would have expected yet still not talked about (Thunder/LA/Miami still get talked about more) that is being underrated.

I just find it funny how the Pacers are up 2-1, and the Spurs have just cruised through the playoffs so far, yet the stories are all about the Heat/Thunder/Lakers/Clippers for whatever reasons.

jiggin
05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
over rating? seriously?

they are probably, right now with the Heat injuries, the second best team in the playoffs behind OKC. Its too bad that the two best teams are coming out of the west where they will have to play each other to reach the finals. I would LOVE to see a Spurs/OKC final...but obviously not going to happen.

People that think they are overrated either have not paid attention to their play during the regular season or know nothing about basketball. The Spurs have been one of if not the best team (consistency is King) in the West all season.

Longhornfan1234
05-18-2012, 03:35 PM
What the hell do you look at then? They've won championships, so its not only the regular season people are looking at. How do you come to terms in crediting teams? I don't even wanna here about last year, when the Spurs were banged up, thats what I'm hearing now about the Clippers.

Other than OKC no other team has shown me anything that sways my opinion that Spurs are the best. I take Spurs in 6 vs OKC and Spurs in 5 against any East team for the ring.

I look at the competition in the playoffs.

SaimuKala
05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Spurs have won every game EASILY.

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-18-2012, 04:11 PM

They've taken apart the running style of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. Hurt, or not hurt they're still giving it their all. They've made transition look easily. Other than about 10 minutes between quarter one and two of last nights game it was a royal drubbing. They took the size of the Jazz and waxed them. You play who is infront of you.

8kobe24
05-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Maybe because they look at the spurs currently undefeated record in the playoffs, against a jazz team that has nobody, and against an injured clippers squad? I have to give props to good old Tim Duncan though...dude's footwork is just so refined he's making blake griffin and deandre jordan look like 5th graders out there.

blahblahyoutoo
05-18-2012, 04:23 PM

and he isn't even that good.
if anything is being overrated, it's how good CP3 is.

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2012, 04:29 PM
OP... listen here... it is not a case of "overrating" the Spurs, but given them their due. They are riding a 15 game winning streak, including the regular season. Games where they rested their best players. Games against a Utah Jazz team that, while under performing at the PG position, has one of the most talented front court in the league, and they didn't give up one game. Then they blow out the Clippers in back to back games. We've seen a couple of blowouts in the playoffs, because some teams have put together a good performance, but that doesn't mean it is easy to blow out a team in the post season. It is one of the hardest things to do and you need a great team to win in the post season. You need a great team to be able to finish first in the league like the Spurs have done.

And on top of that, many people haven't pick the Spurs to win it all. They've picked Miami, or Chicago, or OKC or the Lakers... I wouldn't say they have been overrated at all. In fact, they haven't been getting the respect that is due to them. The earned the best record in the league, so they deserve to be picked by people to win it all. They've got four rings already. One of the best defensive sets in the league. Some of the best passers in the league, some of the best shooters and scorers, one of the best coaches of all time. And you think they are overrated?

SMH.

BUCSFORLIFE123
05-18-2012, 04:33 PM
43-7 since jan. thats sayin somethin

BUCSFORLIFE123
05-18-2012, 04:35 PM
imo its okc thats the overrated team, great iso players as heat not great teamwork, take many jump shots really streaky team with no inside presence on O , not good formula against the spurs

mdm692
05-18-2012, 04:55 PM

yup but they didnt hace pop they had a horrible coach whose sole success was based on the accomplishments lebron james made.

C-Style
05-18-2012, 07:11 PM
All I gotta say is that the Championship will be played in the Western Conference Finals

SlimKid
05-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Spurs=overrated=oxymoron. Spurs have been the most underrated team in the NBA for years

Blitzbolt
05-18-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm a Memphis fan and I know for a fact that the Clippers suck and when I say suck I don't mean it in a good way they are garbage healthy or not.
Flop-3-CP3 pick and Roll that's all they do.

2 easy rounds for the Spurs.

P.s. Memphis sucks even more then the clips.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Cause they belong in a retirement home but they still play at a championship level

NoahH
05-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Havent the Spurs won like 27 of their last 29 games and been routing teams like nobodies business? They look strong I can't deny it

Jumi
05-18-2012, 08:39 PM
We've been winning in an impressive fashion since the calendar turned into 2012! Regular season and playoffs!! Deal with it!!

Kevj77
05-18-2012, 08:48 PM
How are they overrated? If they beat OKC in the WCF they will win the championship. Both the Spurs and OKC are too deep to lose to Miami or the Celtics.

I think the Pacers would actually be the only team deep enough to compete in the East.

StinkEye
05-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Lets just hate on the Spurs for not being hurt, not being ****, and dominating their opponents. The Spurs are a gift to all basketball fans.

NORMeaga
05-18-2012, 09:05 PM
they havent lost a game since early April...even games they pull their stars out they still won...OVERRATED, absolutely not!

Evolution23
05-18-2012, 09:13 PM
If the Spurs are overrated then you must not watch the game.

Cracka2HI!
05-18-2012, 09:16 PM
I've been very impressed by the Spurs. It's really hard watching your team lose but I almost can't find any fault in the way my Clippers are playing even losing by 16 and 17. The Clipps are banged up, sure...but that isn't an excuse at this point of the season. The way the Spurs play is fun to watch. Can't wait until they are beating up on someone else. I went from thinking my Clipps had a shooters chance, but now I'd be happy to get 1. Someone mentioned it on page 1 of this thread and I can also see the Spurs going 16-0 in the playoffs.

CHANGO
05-18-2012, 09:16 PM
The Spurs are pretty damn good. Right now they are the best team in the NBA.

greg_ory_2005
05-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Overrating? Everyone talks about the Heat and Thunder going to the finals.

JayW_1023
05-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Anything short of a championship will just kill me inside.

Gram
05-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Overrating? Everyone talks about the Heat and Thunder going to the finals.

I'm gonna have a seizure if you don't stop typing with all these ****ing colours.

NYflightboy
05-19-2012, 09:24 AM
The Spurs are just a good all around sound team. They may not have any superstars anymore. But those guys know their role and perform those roles very well. They play as a team and do all the little things it takes to win this time of season. That being said, I would expect OKC to beat them if they even make it out their series. I think the Spurs would beat the Lakers however.

JordansBulls
05-19-2012, 09:42 AM
They have played 2 teams. They have played 6 games. 4 of those 6 have been at home. 4 of those 6 have been against a really average Utah Jazz team. The Clippers, with a banged up Chris Paul, aren't exactly contenders. It shouldn't be that surprising that they are where they are right now considering who they have played.

They have HCA now throughout.

koreancabbage
05-19-2012, 09:58 AM
they have been the best team in the league in a much tougher conference.

they are a well oiled machine where the coach has exploited every single weakness and strengths of his players. and knows when to use them in every single situaition.

don't give me the Clippers are banged up excuse- everyone is banged up. just give respect where respect is due. SA is the class of the NBA, franchise and team wise.

StinkEye
05-19-2012, 10:14 AM
they have hca now throughout.

hca.

Sly Guy
05-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Banged up CP3, Blake, Butler. On the plus side, Vinny hasnt done bad

I'd say the opposite. The big difference in this series has been the coaching. Pop has devised a way to slow down CP3 and it's made the Clippers' offense look awful. Vinny has yet to find a way to counter this.

pebloemer
05-19-2012, 11:32 AM

There is nothing more they could possibly do to show they are serious contenders. They've still won every playoff game. They have a great track record of success around the core of Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Popovich. They are the deepest team in the playoffs. They've won a ridiculous 16 games straight overall. They are healthy, unselfish and the best coached team int eh playoffs. The are a #1 seed based on regular season success in the better of the two conferences.

What could they have done that they haven't to be considered one of the Top 2 teams to beat at this point? Because the arguments that they are "winning games they should win" is pretty weak...

tcav701
05-19-2012, 11:36 AM
It's pretty difficult to overrate the best team in the NBA.

JJ_JKidd
05-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Overrating huh? Lol @ you. You probably wasnt watching the NBA when them Spurs are winning multiple Chips. All you know probably is Mia, OKC, Clippers or some other ESPN teams which are UNPROVEN.

Sinestro
05-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Are you kidding me the Spurs are playing amazing

RC3
05-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Overrated teams are clippers and heat. Miami heat has been overrated because people thought that they are a "dream " team. But who knows since bosh is injured.

RC3
05-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Spurs have so many good shooters. No wonder why they waived Novak since he was one dimensional.

thekmp211
05-19-2012, 12:42 PM
pedigree, and the on court talent. they look damn good.

Mr.Nate30
05-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Still overrated?

JayW_1023
05-19-2012, 06:36 PM
The Spurs are just a good all around sound team. They may not have any superstars anymore. But those guys know their role and perform those roles very well. They play as a team and do all the little things it takes to win this time of season. That being said, I would expect OKC to beat them if they even make it out their series. I think the Spurs would beat the Lakers however.

Spurs have the personel to match OKC every position. They have the length on the perimeter to create difficulties for Durant. They have a deeper bench. And Parker is way more consistent than Westbrook this season.

Sorry, I like their shot against OKC.

popo85
05-19-2012, 06:42 PM
They have always been a good defense coached team but now there offense is at its best. Depth at the wings, and TD AND TP are playing like its 2007 they aren't overrated.

THE GIPPER
05-19-2012, 06:45 PM
If the Spurs win the West I gotta give Skip Bayless mad props. He picked them to come out of the west before the season started and I thought he was crazy but now he looks like a genius.

Eg714
05-19-2012, 06:47 PM
I think spurs should be the favorite in the west. Their coach will out coach any one in the west.

Punk
05-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Lol @ this thread.

PSD: Where dumb topics happen.

D12 fan
05-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Lol @ this thread.

PSD: Where dumb topics happen.

Man you really hate the Spurs.

AYozzy
05-19-2012, 06:53 PM
can we delete this thread? ...the Spurs should be favorites to win the title by a long shot

Heat- HA!
OKC- if the jumper is off, they are done

topdog
05-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Spurs are not overrated. They simply are getting attention at the time of year they always do for the job the always manage to accomplish - making it to the playoffs as a top seed through great coaching/GM'ing and resting the big guns enough to be fresh.

justinnum1
05-19-2012, 06:59 PM
can we delete this thread? ...the Spurs should be favorites to win the title by a long shot

Heat- HA!
OKC- if the jumper is off, they are done

I dont know about a long shot, but they are favorites for sure

Toxeryll
05-19-2012, 07:01 PM
It isnt their fault, they were matched up with a "really average Jazz team" you were talking about in round 1. and its not their fault that the clippers are banged up right now. they were the #1 seed because they were the best in the west. So ur right, it really is not a surprised that they are where they are right now.

JEDean89
05-19-2012, 07:46 PM
op is a fail

this and the eddy curry thread are bleacher report material

MikefromMars
05-19-2012, 08:18 PM

The Spurs won the regular season series against the Thunder. Half the posts in here are still saying the the Thunder are the best in the west, even though the Spurs have won seventeen straight.

The Thunder can still lose to the Lakers, though I dont think they will.

The Spurs deserve every ounce of credit they get. They play team ball and they are showing the NBA that you dont need to build a team by buying the best superstars, but you can rely on a GREAT GM and build a TEAM. True NBA fans should love this. It just shows that the small market teams still have a chance to do big things... i.e. Indiana.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-19-2012, 08:25 PM
They won 18 (?) straight games now.

If this was the Thunder or the Heat, they'd be getting so much coverage.

They aren't over rated at all.

Vikingfan84
05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Spurs are the real deal. Indiana and San Antonio in the championship. Indiana will win it all.

Max.This
05-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Spurs are the real deal. Indiana and San Antonio in the championship. Indiana will win it all.

why is everyone writing off the HEAT so quickly? I'm a knicks fan and i hate the heat as much as the next guy but they are still a potent team. I'm not saying the HEAT will come back and win but, they are still capable of winning

justinnum1
05-19-2012, 09:49 PM
why is everyone writing off the HEAT so quickly? I'm a knicks fan and i hate the heat as much as the next guy but they are still a potent team. I'm not saying the HEAT will come back and win but, they are still capable of winning

Big game tomorrow

ManRam
05-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Not sure how it's possible to overrate a team that has been playing this good for so long...

MJ-BULLS
05-19-2012, 09:51 PM
overrated . they are not overrated.

Yankee Clipper
05-19-2012, 09:54 PM
The Spurs are the real deal right now and throughout the regular season. Overrated should be the last word that comes to mind when describing this team.

torocan
05-19-2012, 09:55 PM
It's close between OKC and the Spurs in my mind.

I still give OKC the edge as I think they match up better. It can still go either way and it should be one heck of a series.

And Miami was an underdog even when they had Bosh.

You can't live on NO depth against teams like OKC and the Spurs. Their starters will keep it close, and their benches will run up the scoreboard.

Tier 1 - OKC/Spurs
Tier 1.5 - Miami
Tier 2 - Everyone else.

Can we stop with the Spurs over-rated talk? Arguable #1 or close #2 is not over-rating them, it's accepting the reality.

Nobody is stopping the Spurs this year that isn't named OKC.

koreancabbage
05-19-2012, 10:04 PM
It's close between OKC and the Spurs in my mind.

I still give OKC the edge as I think they match up better. It can still go either way and it should be one heck of a series.

And Miami was an underdog even when they had Bosh.

You can't live on NO depth against teams like OKC and the Spurs. Their starters will keep it close, and their benches will run up the scoreboard.

Tier 1 - OKC/Spurs
Tier 1.5 - Miami
Tier 2 - Everyone else.

Can we stop with the Spurs over-rated talk? Arguable #1 or close #2 is not over-rating them, it's accepting the reality.

Nobody is stopping the Spurs this year that isn't named OKC.

Spurs for sure. won season series. class of the NBA. Spurs are like 10 deep on that team with talent pretty much to OKC's 7th man or better. OKC has the better players but Spurs have the better team

gatkins11
05-19-2012, 10:28 PM
They won 18 (?) straight games now.

If this was the Thunder or the Heat, they'd be getting so much coverage.

They aren't over rated at all.

This.

llemon
05-19-2012, 10:34 PM

Agree. Spurs suck.

ManRam
05-19-2012, 10:39 PM

Cool. They're pounding a team that beat Memphis, a Memphis team that everyone was on their nuts about.

Sure, they "only" had to play Utah...but let me know how the other 1 seed did against the other 8 seed?

They've won a million games in a row...how can you knock them. what have they shown that makes them a bad team? I mean, you can only handle the opponents you've been handed. It's not their fault they were the best team in the West and got to play Utah and LAC. I mean...that brings up another point: they had the best record in the West.

They deserve whatever credit they get. Whether they win it all or not, who cares? They've played better than any team in the NBA lately, so there's no reason people shouldn't be giving them buttloads of props.

Silly thread.

M.Bibby2.0
05-19-2012, 10:43 PM

Well hmmm lets see
Best Record in the NBA? check.
Healthy? Check.
7-0 in playoffs? Check.
Prior championship experience? check.
Hall of fame coach? Check.

Maybe its you who is underrating them. You don't need a team of 'superstars' to win a championship. Get a clue. :facepalm:

torocan
05-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Spurs for sure. won season series. class of the NBA. Spurs are like 10 deep on that team with talent pretty much to OKC's 7th man or better. OKC has the better players but Spurs have the better team

Keep in mind that OKC is bigger than the Spurs, which is why I think they match up well. I can't see the Spurs dominating OKC on the boards, and in the transition game I actually prefer OKC as well.

If the Spurs keep it in a half-court set, then the Spurs should win. However, that's harder to do when you don't have competitive bigs like the Lakers.

Still, 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Arguments can be made for either team winning. I did say it was Close... :D

kdspurman
05-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Keep in mind that OKC is bigger than the Spurs, which is why I think they match up well. I can't see the Spurs dominating OKC on the boards, and in the transition game I actually prefer OKC as well.

If the Spurs keep it in a half-court set, then the Spurs should win. However, that's harder to do when you don't have competitive bigs like the Lakers.

Still, 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Arguments can be made for either team winning. I did say it was Close... :D

The Clips are "bigger" than the Spurs too and Duncan is taking them to school thus far. Not to mention OKC's bigs are not threats on the offensive end. That team is a 3 headed monster. They don't have a low post presence/threat. So the bigs are not as big a problem.

If they play OKC it'll be a matter of not fouling, not turning the ball over, and keeping the pace they want. And also clog the lanes and make Westbrook/Durant jump shooters as best as they can.

The Spurs can run with the best of teams. They can beat you in transition and in the half court. That's what makes them so dangerous. The Spurs were the #1 offense for a reason, and getting out in transition was a big contributor to that.

SeoulBeatz
05-19-2012, 11:30 PM

It's because the Spurs are the best team in the West. It's not overrating.

This happens every year. NO ONE talks about the Spurs during the regular season, but every playoffs they turn it up and seem like a different team.

It's been happening for almost a decade now.

This is a damn good team, just watch them play. Just because it's boring doesn't mean they aren't extremely effective (which they are).

Parker was an MVP candidate this year, Duncan is showing he is still a factor in the post, Manu is back in form again, and they have a bunch of talented/young role players who fit the scheme perfectly. And Pop is arguably the best coach in the NBA (and never gets credit), he turns garbage into gold.

They are a team that knows how to win, that's why everyone's hype about them.

IMO they are CLEARLY the best team in the West these playoffs because they've been here before and it shows.

Got nothing but respect for the Spurs, they always fly under the radar.

greg_ory_2005
05-19-2012, 11:49 PM
The Spurs are the truth!

AYozzy
05-20-2012, 12:10 AM
to those saying that they have only played 7 games ...

ITS BECAUSE THEY WIN EVERY GAME! they will sweep LAC and beat LAL/OKC in 6 TOPS

3ballbomber
05-20-2012, 01:59 AM
THUNDER take the West Gentlemen!!

kubernetes
05-20-2012, 02:15 AM
to those saying that they have only played 7 games ...

ITS BECAUSE THEY WIN EVERY GAME! they will sweep LAC and beat LAL/OKC in 6 TOPS

Yeah, I love how that's a complaint-- as if they would be a better team if they lost more games. :rolleyes:

dtmagnet
05-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Well hmmm lets see
Best Record in the NBA? check.
Healthy? Check.
7-0 in playoffs? Check.
Prior championship experience? check.
Hall of fame coach? Check.

Maybe its you who is underrating them. You don't need a team of 'superstars' to win a championship. Get a clue. :facepalm:

Right on.

SportsAndrew25
05-20-2012, 03:03 AM
We are not overrating the Spurs. The Spurs have outscored the Clippers by an average of 103 PPG to 88.7 PPG. The Spurs have out-rebounded the Clipppers by an average of 41.0 RPG to 36.7 PPG. The Spurs have gotten more assists per game than the Clippers (26.3 to 18) and is shooting 49.4% on the floor compared to the Clippers 46.5%. When you factor those all in, you can see why the Clippers are on the verge of elimination.