PDA

View Full Version : Video of Lance Stephenson Giving lebron the choke signal from the bench

knicks4life33
05-18-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/05/17/video.lance.stephenson.giving.james.choke.signal.b ench

knicks4life33
05-18-2012, 01:49 PM
He is a rookie and he really shouldn't have been doing that but its playoff basketball and he will learn

Rain City
05-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Born Ready baby! hahaha

king4day
05-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Where in the video is it? I didn't see it. I also have no clue what he looks like which doesn't help :(

knicks4life33
05-18-2012, 01:57 PM
the 25 second mark and they have the picture on the side. They were discussing it on espn today

IIISSKiLL
05-18-2012, 01:58 PM
is Lance Stephenson a fan or a basketball player ? i think the choke signal was for himself, he wanted to kill himself cause even up 20 with a minute left he couldnt get on the court

BklynKnicks3
05-18-2012, 01:59 PM
coney island stand up!!!! bklyn baby we know a coward when we see one

Avenged
Saw it. Not a big deal, this is playoff basketball. There are no friends.

BobbyHillSwag
he's an idiot, why don't people just leave lebron alone. All he does is try to make the correct basketball play. The only way this is justifiable is if they think it is giving them an advantage by getting in his head.

Rivera
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Question:

Lets say this was danny granger instead of lance. grangers a vet hes one of the best players on the team and he plays a lot of minutes

Say granger gave the choke sign to lebron instead of lance....would this be that big of a deal? Are we that sensitive/critical as a society now?

Would reggie have gotten killed for it media wise and even psd poster wise when he did it to spike lee against the knicks in the playoffs??

knicks4life33
05-18-2012, 02:03 PM
skip bayless and stephen a smith ripped on him . How is Player on the end of the bench goin do that who is a rookie.

yanksrock
05-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I found it funny.

metsrock229
05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
What's the big deal. Are you kidding me? Who gives a ****.

Piercefan34
05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
who the **** cares if he's on the bench. fans do it too lol they aren't gonna play. point is lebron chokes when it matters so who the **** cares if someone makes the choke signal.

king4day
05-18-2012, 02:10 PM
the 25 second mark and they have the picture on the side. They were discussing it on espn today

Good call.
Yea that's f'd up for a rook to do it. You don't wanna provide motivation for Bron.

That said, this series is really exciting. Love the hate being thrown from both sides.

P Styles
05-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I love it.

kubernetes
05-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Funny, but he'll catch grief because he's a rookie. If he ever sees the court at the same time as Lebron it might get ugly.

TheRazorboy
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Completely inaccurate. LeBron doesn't choke, he just disappears.

Honestly, I couldn't care less. If LeBron doesn't like it perhaps he should consider silencing the criticism by showing up in the most important times of the biggest games.

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Good call.
Yea that's f'd up for a rook to do it. You don't wanna provide motivation for Bron.

That said, this series is really exciting. Love the hate being thrown from both sides.

motivation is overrated, if they arent motivated by now then they never will be.

Mr Wonderful
05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
How soon we forget, turnabout is fair play... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

pacofunk64
05-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Ya not a big deal...but be careful what you do Indiana. You're about to wake a sleeping King. I'm actually starting to root for LBJ (never hated the guy anyways) but would rather have the Spurs win it overall.

CTCUBBIES
05-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Ya not a big deal...but be careful what you do Indiana. You're about to wake a sleeping King. I'm actually starting to root for LBJ (never hated the guy anyways) but would rather have the Spurs win it overall.

I thought the Pacer celebration after game 2 was supposed to wake them up . . .

Kidding aside, I like this attitude by the Pacers. I hate the NBA pecking order and star treatment. Lance Stephenson doesn't owe anything to Lebron just as Lebron owes nothing to him. I hate how all these guys act like friends on the court nowadays.

Master Mind
05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Agreed, not really a big deal. But I'd rather not stir up a bee's nest if I were Lance.

Master Mind
05-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I thought the Pacer celebration after game 2 was supposed to wake them up . . .

Kidding aside, I like this attitude by the Pacers. I hate the NBA pecking order and star treatment. Lance Stephenson doesn't owe anything to Lebron just as Lebron owes nothing to him. I hate how all these guys act like friends on the court nowadays.

Agreed

ThunderousDemon
05-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Slightly amusing,but none the less amusing.

ThunderousDemon
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Agreed, not really a big deal. But I'd rather not stir up a bee's nest if I were Lance.

Who's the queen bee?

Master Mind
Who's the queen bee?

:laugh2: Lil Kim

justinnum1
Lebron does choke, but still, i hope someone shows him this

jacquewho?
05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Alright people, he's not a rookie it's his 2nd year in the league.

If you watch our games you'll notice our bench, consisting of Jeff Pendegraph, Dahntay Jones, AJ Price, and Lance who do a ridiculous amount of stand up comedy on the bench. They are a fired up bunch who have accepted their roles on this team as "garbage time players" (except for Dahntay this series) and they love doing that stuff.

Do i think it was out of line? Just a little. It wasn't necessary, considering Lance choked his girlfriend two years ago and threw her head into a wall. But as someone else mentioned in this thread, what if Granger or Hibbert made the gesture? It'd be a lot bigger deal because they are more significant players overall.

I'm sure Vogel will say something to him, but it's not a huge deal.

SeoulBeatz
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
He is a rookie and he really shouldn't have been doing that but its playoff basketball and he will learn

isnt this his 2nd or 3rd year?

jacquewho?
05-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Lebron does choke, but still, i hope someone shows him this

Kinda like how us celebrating was supposed to motivate Wade for Game 3, right?

meloman1592
05-18-2012, 02:45 PM
My boy Lance!! Fresh off two third!

ThunderousDemon
05-18-2012, 02:46 PM

lol, I guess the Pacers didn't celebrate hard enough.

justinnum1
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM

lulz at you thinking this series is over

jacquewho?
05-18-2012, 02:51 PM

lulz at this thread: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=719578

lulz at you guys thinking this series was a cake walk. lulz at the trade rumors spreading across South Beach. lulz at everyone calling into the miami radio shows bashing wade and the rest of the team. lulz at every hoodrat heat band wagon fan. lulz at your bench. lulz at Dexter Pittman starting at center yesterday.

Should I continue? I have more. Cause your team's characteristics has multiple lulz to be used for not one, not two, not three, not four, not five...

Remember LeBron saying: I feel we've given the Pacers more problems than they have to us? lulz.

nycsports2
05-18-2012, 02:54 PM

lulz at you guys thinking this series was a cake walk. lulz at the trade rumors spreading across South Beach. lulz at everyone calling into the miami radio shows bashing wade and the rest of the team. lulz at every hoodrat heat band wagon fan. lulz at your bench. lulz at Dexter Pittman starting at center yesterday.

Should I continue? I have more. Cause your team's characteristics has multiple lulz to be used for not one, not two, not three, not four, not five...

Remember LeBron saying: I feel we've given the Pacers more problems than they have to us? lulz.

:clap:

justinnum1
05-18-2012, 02:58 PM

Hm, i could have sworn that thread was made before bosh got hurt. What do you think would happen if hibbert was out for the series and bosh was still playing? Not making any excuses but get real. If you want to take joy in beating an injured heat team, have at it.

Fresno
05-18-2012, 03:03 PM
We're on Page 3 and nobody has mention Lance is not a rookie.

This is his 2nd season.

PacersForLife
05-18-2012, 03:04 PM

LMAO.... :clap:

Hm, i could have sworn that thread was made before bosh got hurt. What do you think would happen if hibbert was out for the series and bosh was still playing? Not making any excuses but get real. If you want to take joy in beating an injured heat team, have at it.

Yeah, Bosh... the guy you guys always seemed to dog on before this series, the guy who was worthless, the guy who lead a bad Torono team to the playoffs several times. Now that he's injured, you guys make excuses about Bosh being out is almost not even funny. Do I think this series would be the way it is now if Bosh was playing? Who knows, maybe. All I know is the Pacers were leading before Bosh went out. lulz.

By the way everyone: Lance Stephenson is in his 2ND YEAR. ;)

jacquewho?

That thread has nothing to do with Bosh. It has to do with the simple fact that our coach called you guys out for a flopping team and you guys go on with comments such as...

"But he knows his team really can't compete with the HEAT. I don't blame him"

"If they get physical, put turiaf and pittman in there to pound some bastards" - Pittman played great last night, right?

"I hope we go into game one and take it by 20 points at least. Hopefully this increases our drive and makes this series a relatively quick one. "

This is what I take joy in.

Fresno
Alright people, he's not a rookie it's his 2nd year in the league.

If you watch our games you'll notice our bench, consisting of Jeff Pendegraph, Dahntay Jones, AJ Price, and Lance, are basically a bunch of hoodlums who do a ridiculous amount of stand up comedy on the bench. They are a fired up bunch who have accepted their roles on this team as "garbage time players" (except for Dahntay this series) and they love doing that stuff.

Do i think it was out of line? Just a little. It wasn't necessary, considering Lance choked his girlfriend two years ago and threw her head into a wall. But as someone else mentioned in this thread, what if Granger or Hibbert made the gesture? It'd be a lot bigger deal because they are more significant players overall.

I'm sure Vogel will say something to him, but it's not a huge deal.

:facepalm:

You're kidding me, right?

PacersForLife
05-18-2012, 03:07 PM
We're on Page 3 and nobody has mention Lance is not a rookie.

This is his 2nd season.

It's kind of ESPN's fault that they don't get their facts straight and inform the general sports fans, it's kinda sad how much they mess up every day on so many little things. "The worldwide leader in sports"... ha, it's a joke these days. Always talking up the big markets, knowing nothing of the smaller ones. They also said Tim Duncan played for the Pacers. :facepalm:

jacquewho?
05-18-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm a Pacers fan and I've been calling them that all year subtly. I'll edit it out though, apologies.

Gram
05-18-2012, 03:09 PM
:laugh:

PacersForLife
05-18-2012, 03:09 PM

You're kidding me, right?

I wouldn't call them hoodlums, but they are hilarious. Lance still acts like a kid, he has potential to be good in a few years. A.J. Price and him are always doing funny things. Dahntay is always screaming and jumping around, it's fun to watch.

meloman1592
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM

Classic!!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :clap:

Master Mind
05-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Tisk tisk...

Slug3
05-18-2012, 03:16 PM
OR Lebron could just make his damn FT's and he wouldnt have to hear this crap.

P Styles
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM

:speechless:

Hats off to you my friend. Absolutely shut that guy down with this post.

Sox72
05-18-2012, 03:23 PM

Ummm, that's exactly what you're doing.....

Edit: LULZ

jiggin
05-18-2012, 03:24 PM
people are so sensative now days.

so he sybolically showed what was a fact...he missed the shot...thus choking. Could he be symbolically showing how the Heat had shot most of the game...being way off from the field, thus choking that game on offense?

SO WHAT!!!

grow a pair and stop crying about anything and anyone who hurts peoples feelings. If their feelings are so soft, they probably shouldn't be playing in the NBA and should join the WNBA...this type of crap is rediculous.

Of course, it wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't Lebron or even the Heat. The entire Heat team and their fanbase fit better in the WNBA with all the whining and special treatment required.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Shades of reggie...

torocan
05-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Not appropriate for a 2nd year bench player, even though the Choke sign was MORE than appropriate for Lebron at the FT line.

You KNOW he's choking when Stephen A suddenly decides that he's a Choker.

It's bad when the best Stephen A. can come up with is... "maybe we have to accept that it's just who he is..."

Lebron James... Great until the game is on the line. :facepalm:

Fresno
05-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm a Pacers fan and I've been calling them that all year subtly. I'll edit it out though, apologies.

Yeah hoodlums is pretty harsh to call them.

They seem to enjoy providing energy to the guys who play.

I've seen them having fun on the bench during the regular season games.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-18-2012, 03:42 PM

We'll played

8kobe24
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Daaaammmmnnnn, yep...that did it.:speechless:

Edit: lulz

jericho
05-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Saw it. Not a big deal, this is playoff basketball. There are no friends.

this

Pacerlive
05-18-2012, 04:29 PM

He isn't a rookie but I agree he shouldn't be doing it.

GoPacers33
05-18-2012, 04:33 PM
For people saying hes a rookie you r wrong this is his second year

cardinals1226
05-18-2012, 04:40 PM

LOL... You act like the Heat should be crowned. The Pacers have been embarrassing the Heat all series and just got absolutely destroyed last night. As I said in another thread to you, the Heat took 45 minutes in game one to finally get a lead and win. The Pacers could very easily be up 3-0.

knicks4life33
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
lol on espn today where i saw the video on the debate skip bayless and stephen a smith said he was a rookie thats what i was going bye

chicago lulz
05-18-2012, 04:45 PM
How soon we forget, turnabout is fair play... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4

bumping this

lol on espn today where i saw the video on the debate skip bayless and stephen a smith said he was a rookie thats what i was going bye
They are unprofessional. I don't know why you would take any facts they state as truth.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Its a good thing they did not have a camera in my livingroom. I had 5 friends giving that same sign to Kobe and Lebron this past week. I would hate to hear what people say about their accomplishments in life to defend these players. People have opinions. It does not matter if he is a star, role player, and the popcorn guy, if he thinks Lebron is a choker, then thats what he thinks.

greg_ory_2005
05-18-2012, 04:53 PM
That's swaggg.

Bring The Heat
05-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Seriously not a big deal... But wow what a loser that guy is. Your making the choke sign when your *** is warming the bench and most likely will be for most of your career while LeBron is a future HOF. Not even with 2 minutes left after the heat emptied their bench did he have a chance to play LOL.

PlezPlayDKnicks
05-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Owned !!! Lmao !!! Epic post to leave him speechless

eibbor
05-18-2012, 05:12 PM
This is a misconception. He was actually trying to commit suicide because he couldn't get pt in a blowout

justinnum1
05-18-2012, 05:28 PM

Show me where i say the series was a cake walk. When bosh went down i still felt we would win but miami role players needed to show up and haven't yet. The series isn't over as much as you want to think it is.

And yea, i remember lebron saying that, we won the season series 3-1. Why wouldn't he say that?

knicks4life33
05-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Better change that slogan from white hot to White NOT

cardinals1226
05-18-2012, 06:26 PM
I really hope the Pacers win on Sunday to wipe that pathetic smirk off Heat fans' faces.

Master Mind
05-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Better change that slogan from white hot to White NOT

The Knicks are back

justinnum1
05-18-2012, 06:52 PM
The Knicks are back

they sure are

NYK4L
05-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Its a good thing they did not have a camera in my livingroom. I had 5 friends giving that same sign to Kobe and Lebron this past week. I would hate to hear what people say about their accomplishments in life to defend these players. People have opinions. It does not matter if he is a star, role player, and the popcorn guy, if he thinks Lebron is a choker, then thats what he thinks.

Five year old kid in the crowd choke signaled lebron, he can't even count to a hundred.

Blitzbolt
05-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm so tired of this even players are getting into it.Lebron has no rings haha! or Lebron chokes in the 4th LOLOLOL.I just don't get why people thing its funny.

Grow up foolz!!

Master Mind
05-18-2012, 07:27 PM
they sure are

:cheers: Here's to the Knicks

jacquewho?
05-18-2012, 07:28 PM

Show me where i say the series was a cake walk. When bosh went down i still felt we would win but miami role players needed to show up and haven't yet. The series isn't over as much as you want to think it is.

And yea, i remember lebron saying that, we won the season series 3-1. Why wouldn't he say that?

Wasn't directly calling you out, it was meant as a stereotype to the majority of Heat fans. Should've reworded that. I heard too much that this series for the Heat was just a "speed bump" on the road to the finals.

Most saw LeBron's comment as exactly what I just said above.

JC_
05-18-2012, 07:42 PM
is Lance Stephenson a fan or a basketball player ? i think the choke signal was for himself, he wanted to kill himself cause even up 20 with a minute left he couldnt get on the court

hahaha

JC_
05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
I really hope the Pacers win on Sunday to wipe that pathetic smirk off Heat fans' faces.

Are you ok man? You're sounding a little bit serial killer-ish..

LA_Raiders
05-18-2012, 08:02 PM
lol

VCaintdead17
05-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Lance

IS

GOD!

JNoel
05-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Lol Lance is on the end of the bench for a reason

Lakeshow24KB
05-18-2012, 08:59 PM

:worthy:

godolphins
05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Steve Aschburner

Pacers reserve Lance Stephenson told NBA.com Sat. he's sorry for his choke gesture in G3, when LeBron James missed a FT. ...

... IND's Stephenson on LBJ choke sign: "I was wrong and disrespectful to my teammates, the Miami Heat and their organization. ...

... Stephenson: "I'm sorry that I did that. It was very disrespectful." No one on street brought it up, but "I've seen it a lot on TV."

Brian Windhorst

LeBron on Lance Stephenson choke sign: "Lance Stephenson? I'm not going to give him the time."
Ethan Skolnick

LeBron still laughing about it as he walks away: "Lance Stephenson? Really? Come on."

Jarvo
05-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Just a thought, What if the Heat comeout winning this series and Lebron coming down after scoring and does that to the Pacers bench that would start a riot on here and be epic !

MintBerryCrunch
05-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Haha I remember the DeShawn Stevenson-LeBron feud..

justinnum1
05-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Just a thought, What if the Heat comeout winning this series and Lebron coming down after scoring and does that to the Pacers bench that would start a riot on here and be epic !

lol

naps
05-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Lance who? I haven't seen him play. So I don't know who this kid is.

StinkEye
05-19-2012, 08:19 PM
It was the 3rd period...

Who the **** is Lance Stephenson?

DrDre94
05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Is there a link of SAS and skip bayless on espn commenting on this?

SlimKid
05-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Who cares.. Lebron responded to this in the most pc way possible, but it doesn't matter, people will still find a way to hate on him.

fadahway
05-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Who?

natelpete
05-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Who the **** is Lance Stephenson?

Baller1
05-20-2012, 04:47 AM
I can't believe this is even in the news. Wow.