PDA

View Full Version : why is the media making an excuse for wade

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 01:28 PM
All I've been hearing about is that wade is injured now and how he isn't 100%. Newsflash; no one is 100%. If it was Lebron they would be crucifying(lol) him. It's getting ridiculous how much of a free pass he's getting. :mad:

strahan92osi72
05-18-2012, 01:32 PM
All I've been hearing about is that wade is injured now and how he isn't 100%. Newsflash; no one is 100%. If it was Lebron they would be crucifying(lol) him. It's getting ridiculous how much of a free pass he's getting. :mad:

Wade's a lot more likeable than Lebron, plus Wade already has a ring without LeBron. But there is no excuse, Wade is simply a player who is declining and is a shell of his former self. Injuries robbed him of the last 3 or 4 years of his prime. Heck, no sympathy from me because the same thing happened with Amare.

MagicBucsSox
05-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Wade is a media darling. He's still living off a title 7 yrs ago. Sad. The guy hasnt had half the career off bron. He's never done crap without Shaq or Bron. It's just one of those things.
I mean imagine if Bron ever score 5 points lmao. Dude is ridiculed when he nets triple doubles .

Hawkeye15
05-18-2012, 01:45 PM
same reason Dirk, or Kobe got a pass this year. They have won a ring. Apparently when you do that in sports, you are now exempt from being criticized for sucking up the floor.

LakersIn5
05-18-2012, 01:45 PM
people hate bron for joining wade in miami but i doubt wade would have stayed had he known that lebron would not sign with them. no doubt wade and lebron and bosh had a plan. its just that miami was the team with the capspaceg

new york blue
05-18-2012, 01:46 PM
I say blame the league for the greed ball scheduling. They took what could have been a great Eastern Conference finals between the Bulls and the Heat and have turned it into something which will be less interesting than summer league...

Very depressing. But I would not blame the players (or fate). Lots of people made lots of money feeding us this slop of a basketball season. Please address your anger at them...

Hawkeye15
05-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Wade is a media darling. He's still living off a title 7 yrs ago. Sad. The guy hasnt had half the career off bron. He's never done crap without Shaq or Bron. It's just one of those things.
I mean imagine if Bron ever score 5 points lmao. Dude is ridiculed when he nets triple doubles .

Imagine if Bron came into the season out of shape (Dirk), or if he closed the last 2 minutes like Kobe did the other night, literally giving the other team the game his team had well in hand, or if he threw up a 5 point, 5 turnover game last night against Indy.

They would have had an "Inside the Lines", bringing out LeBron's old coach, his Mom, cousins, friends from his childhood, and espn would have had an 18 hour dedication to each and every one of Bron's mistakes with multiple analysts breaking down every dribble.

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 01:55 PM
atleast kobe and dirk won a title recently and have legitimate ones

IIISSKiLL
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
legitimate ones ? what does that mean

MTL_123
05-18-2012, 02:03 PM
becames hes a champion same reason why kobe,dirk,rondo, pierce and etc get a pass

MTL_123
05-18-2012, 02:05 PM

at a stupid point i can say the same thing for every player. wat did kobe do without shaq or gasol wat did pierce do without Kg or allen :facepalm:

2-ONE-5
05-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I say blame the league for the greed ball scheduling. They took what could have been a great Eastern Conference finals between the Bulls and the Heat and have turned it into something which will be less interesting than summer league...

Very depressing. But I would not blame the players (or fate). Lots of people made lots of money feeding us this slop of a basketball season. Please address your anger at them...

the players agreed on the schedule too....

EO1984
05-18-2012, 02:06 PM

Don't blame the league, blame the Heat for thinking they can without a team. Who was their starting 5 yesterday? 2 stars and a bunch of scrub role players. The Pacers are a better TEAM. What was the excuse for the Heat losing to the Mavs last year???

Face it, smashmouth TEAM basketball beats a bunch of pretty boy Heat players. The Pacers and the Spurs in the championship is going to be a great series!

Heatcheck
05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
why is this forum full of a bunch of crybabies?

'Its not fair i want to see such and such be blamed more and talked about more', 'i dont like that people talk about such and such better than this guy'. what part of being a man is that?

Talk basketball.

MTL_123
05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Don't blame the league, blame the Heat for thinking they can without a team. Who was their starting 5 yesterday? 2 stars and a bunch of scrub role players. The Pacers are a better TEAM. What was the excuse for the Heat losing to the Mavs last year???

Face it, smashmouth TEAM basketball beats a bunch of pretty boy Heat players. The Pacers and the Spurs in the championship is going to be a great series!

who did they beat to get to the finals :eyebrow:

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 02:09 PM

most of the heat players are ugly as ****.

IIISSKiLL
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
who did they beat to get to the finals :eyebrow:

seriously who said the pacers won this series ?

MagicBucsSox
05-18-2012, 02:26 PM
at a stupid point i can say the same thing for every player. wat did kobe do without shaq or gasol wat did pierce do without Kg or allen :facepalm:

Mmmm pierce carried Boston to back to back ECFs

EO1984
05-18-2012, 02:30 PM
seriously who said the pacers won this series ?

I did. The Heat are a trainwreck. They are being bullied out of the playoffs. When the questions start coming about splitting up the "big three" before the series is even over and Wade is fighting with the coach and teamates, you know its over.

TheRazorboy
05-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Wade's a lot more likeable than Lebron, plus Wade already has a ring without LeBron.

Three years ago I would have agreed with that. With his antics as of late I would say he has equaled if not surpassed LeBron on the Tool-O-Meter.

meloman1592
05-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Wade gets a pass because he's overrated! Lebron is criticized and made fun of because he's so good that the smallest thing that he does wrong is magnified. Wade is just tagging along for the ride at this point. This whole "big 3" title will fall off the miami heat in about 2-3 years when Wade won't even be all star. I'm not hating on him or anything (I hate the HEAT in general but I gave Lebron his respect) but Wade went from a dominant, smeel blood in the water type player to a little ***** who expects...let me repeat....E X P E C T S!!! calls and gets mad whenever he falls on the floor without a whistle. Lebron, Dwight, Rose and Melo get murdered in the paint and for the most part, I've seen them just keep playing with the exception of the time derrick rose publicly said he's the only star who doesn't get calls. But back on topic, Wade is still a very good player but it's like he just wants things handed to him and in the back of his mind, he knows even if he shoots 1-50, lebron will still get the blame because at the end of the day, he (wade) has a ring.

Prime example, game 2 vs indiana, both wade and lebron **** up in the closing moments but only lebron makes the headlines even though he had a WAAAYYYYYY better game than Wade. It took Wade having a 5 point 2-13 shooting night for people to finally realize that the lebron blame is overblown and Wade deserves just as much if not more than Lebron.

Key Stat here for you guys (games missed & heat record)
Wade-21 Heat-14-7
Bosh- 11 Heat 4-7
LBJ - only missed 3 and they were 1-2 i believe (gotta double check that one)

RaiderLakersA's
05-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Honestly, I think we've finally reached the point where the scrutiny will rest as much at Wade's feet as it presently does at LeBron's. People won't be so quick to forgive either when they come up short. That's what being a superstar means on a championship-caliber team. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and no excuses.

FreakaNashur
05-18-2012, 03:24 PM

i agree man. there is no excuse play like wade did. you shouldnt get a free pass cause you have a ring. look at kobe throwin the game away to the thunder, did anyone say anything? of course not he has a hand full of rings

Punk
05-18-2012, 03:33 PM
It's truly amazing how Wade gets a pass while Melo, LeBron, Boozer are criticized into the ground for the same preformance.

A ring 7 years ago should mean nothing specially following it up with two losing seasons.

Dirk didn't get a pass. People criticized Mark Cuban into the ground for breaking up the championship team and rightfully so.

Wade has no excuses. He's been acting like a ***** the entire series. The media is a freaking joke.

jiggin
05-18-2012, 03:39 PM
why is the media making an excuse for wade

Because he has used up all his own excuses during the course of the last 2 seasons. Someone has to step in and help this poor poor super star who has opened his mouth so much he has "written a check his butt can't cash."

If and when the Heat lose again in the playoffs and are bounced, I can't wait to hear their excuses.

PS - The Pacers are showing WHY you don't have 2 or 3 super stars and a bunch of C- players around them. Just like in Chicago, if key player or two get hurt or something...you are screwed. It doesn't matter who, on paper, is the better team. It doesn't even matter who had the better record or success in the regular season. The playoffs are about hot streaks, getting into a rhythem, injuries, fatigue and playing one game at a time...not the entire series.

Depth is key.

nickdymez
05-18-2012, 03:54 PM

This isn't a smart post at all

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-18-2012, 04:12 PM
i agree man. there is no excuse play like wade did. you shouldnt get a free pass cause you have a ring. look at kobe throwin the game away to the thunder, did anyone say anything? of course not he has a hand full of rings

WHAT???? He has been getting killed in LA. No one gets a free pass. People bang on Kobe for being a selfish ball hog this year even though he has won 5 times and is about to be 34. You would think he would get a pass for doing what he wants because this team is not built to win a ring. Its a what have you done for me lately kinda sport. Should be that way for everyone

jericho
05-18-2012, 04:16 PM

it aint stupid at all you answered your own question what have kobe pierce and wade done without them nothing he cant be excused from something that happen seven years ago and it was even giving to him (cuz you know the refs helped him get the ring) :p

jericho
05-18-2012, 04:22 PM

This isn't a smart post at all

and yours is rite :confused:

wait my bad i thought you were quoting something else :(