PDA

View Full Version : Clippers-Spurs Game 4 could be delayed

kdspurman
05-18-2012, 10:22 AM
The disaster could strike Sunday, when the Kings are set to start at 12:30 p.m., followed by a 7:30 p.m. tipoff for the Clippers’ Game 4. Should the Kings and Coyotes go into multiple overtimes, according to NBA senior vice president of basketball communications Tim Frank, it would push back the start of the Clippers game, forcing 20,000 fans to wait an hour or longer outside and the NBA stars to sit in their locker rooms for an undetermined length of time.

What concerns me a little is switching from the ice to the court. I am not that familiar with the process, but I would think it could potentially lead to more slip and falls potentially right? Needless to say, it would be horrible if that happened, but not the end of the world.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/05/game-4-of-the-spursclippers-series-could-be-delayed-on-sunday/

Gram
05-18-2012, 10:24 AM
:shrug:

tyfreaks brotha
05-18-2012, 10:24 AM
It won't happen

LakersIn5
05-18-2012, 10:35 AM
friday clippers then lakers
saturday kings then clippers
LOL goodluck to the staples center team

Kashmir13579
05-18-2012, 10:42 AM
It won't lead to slips and falls.

The Final Boss
05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
What concerns me a little is switching from the ice to the court. I am not that familiar with the process, but I would think it could potentially lead to more slip and falls potentially right? Needless to say, it would be horrible if that happened, but not the end of the world.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/05/game-4-of-the-spursclippers-series-could-be-delayed-on-sunday/

Even Spurs news is boring.

kdspurman
05-18-2012, 10:52 AM
It won't lead to slips and falls.

Thanks.. I know I heard the commentators during a game saying once because there's ice under the court, and the staff wasn't getting out and wiping the court enough was leading to slip & falls

Cracka2HI!
05-18-2012, 09:12 PM
It can lead to slip and falls if it's hot enough. Shouldn't be an issue this weekend. Staples is used to this. There was once 3 games in a day at Staples. A 1230 and 730 start shouldn't be any kind of issue unless we're talking atleast 4 OT's.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-18-2012, 09:15 PM
This happens all the time. Here in Boston on Black Friday the Bruins play a matinee game and the Celtics play in the same arena later in the evening. And the Kings game won't go into OT because the Kings have been ****ing awesome.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-18-2012, 09:16 PM

They put the hardwood for basketball games so there won't be ice on the court.

kdspurman
05-18-2012, 09:21 PM
They put the hardwood for basketball games so there won't be ice on the court.

:laugh2: I know that much, but I remember hearing on TV once the condensation underneath could produce problems. I think JVG said it when guys were slipping a bunch.

Punk
05-18-2012, 09:32 PM
It can lead to slipping actually. I think last season there was a game canceled or rescheduled due to condensation coming from the floor.

Sly Guy
05-18-2012, 09:38 PM

as far as I know it, the process is simply just putting a rubber barrier over the ice before the hardwood. I wouldn't expect that to really make much of a difference. I've never once seen condensation issues on an NBA court with ice underneath.

As a side note, I'm cheering for those kings, I was impressed on how they took out the canucks in round one and jonathan quick has really been on a tear, carrying his team this far.

Sly Guy
05-18-2012, 09:39 PM
It can lead to slipping actually. I think last season there was a game canceled or rescheduled due to condensation coming from the floor.

I stand corrected.

justinnum1
05-18-2012, 09:40 PM

yea, a heat-orladno preseason game in tampa. I believe there was condensation on the ceiling or something.

Lakerhead4ever
05-18-2012, 09:45 PM
spurs fans remind me of nerds. not in a bad way. there very classy and intelligent and think outside of the box. they dont brag, they dont troll. there just simple spurs fans lol

pertaining to the question i was more concerned about the traffic jam in the downtown area, this spurs fan has me concerned about the ice lol

kdspurman
05-18-2012, 09:46 PM

Thank you!! I thought I was going nuts in here when I said I heard about that. lol

Kevj77
05-18-2012, 09:47 PM
I doubt slipping will be an issue. Staples Center is used to this with the Kings, Clippers and Lakers all playing in the same building. This isn't their first rodeo.

kdspurman
05-18-2012, 09:48 PM
spurs fans remind me of nerds. not in a bad way. there very classy and intelligent and think outside of the box. they dont brag, they dont troll. there just simple spurs fans lol

pertaining to the question i was more concerned about the traffic jam in the downtown area, this spurs fan has me concerned about the ice lol

Some would consider me a nerd working in IT and all :)

But yea, traffic is big i'd imagine for locals, but me being paranoid and all about injuries, the slipping part is what worries me.

And thanks for the compliment... :cheers: We try and keep things simple

Ebbs
05-18-2012, 10:35 PM
I bet stadium maintenance teams were really hoping for Lakers/Clippers series lol. Would have made things easy