PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest, do you really want to see the Spurs in the finals?

SpaceJamJordans
05-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Would you bother to watch it?

Giraffes Rule
05-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Yes, but I may be a tiny bit bias.

Also let's poll up these jams dude!

willabeast77
05-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Not at all. Spurs/Celtics Finals would be pretty awful. I could see the TV ratings being down from last season's Heat/Mavs Finals.

Chronz
05-18-2012, 12:18 AM
**** yea I would, I kind of wish I had placed a bet on them but I had put money down on several combinations, none of which had them in the Finals.

spreadeagle
05-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Yes, Spurs are bawss.

TheRazorboy
05-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Sure, why not. I actually enjoy the way the Spurs play the game.

Monta is beast
05-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Yes.

blastmasta26
05-18-2012, 12:22 AM
It's great basketball, of course I want them in there.

kdspurman
Nope. I want to watch ISO teams go at it!! That's the beauty of the game. ISO, ISO, fast break, dunk, ISO, ISO. :jumpy:

Rivera
yes but america wont watch the spurs unless they play the heat

John Walls Era
05-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah they're fun to watch.

Avenged
05-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Why wouldn't anyone want to watch them? They're playing the best basketball, and they're fun to watch.

I'd rather watch the Lakers (obviously :p) but since that is unlikely the Spurs are definitely my 2nd team to come out and represent the West.

kozelkid
05-18-2012, 12:24 AM
**** ya. Duncan is one of my favorite players.

Weezy
05-18-2012, 12:25 AM
I seriously don't understand some people. What is exactly wrong with how the spurs play??

LionsFan..LOL
05-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes I would

JordansBulls
05-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Yep want a Duncan vs KG finals

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Fail by the OP...trying to get people in here to say the spurs r boring

SpaceJamJordans
05-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Fail by the OP...trying to get people in here to say the spurs r boring

when did i say that? ahahaha

BearsBullsSox
05-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Me getting shot this summer would be the only thing stopping me from watching the Finals.

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Not at all. Spurs/Celtics Finals would be pretty awful. I could see the TV ratings being down from last season's Heat/Mavs Finals.

only people who care about ratings are the network and stern and his goons...besides that if you wouldn't enjoy watching a great basketball team in the finals then I guess you wouldn't really be a fan of the game

willabeast77
05-18-2012, 12:31 AM
only people who care about ratings are the network and stern and his goons...besides that if you wouldn't enjoy watching a great basketball team in the finals then I guess you wouldn't really be a fan of the game

Exactly.

Draco
05-18-2012, 12:31 AM
If I ever get to watch a ball game again.. yeah I would.

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 12:32 AM

the way u phrased the title of the thread and the question but if that wasn't it intent my apologies

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2012, 12:33 AM
I'd watch the finals no matter who's in it. The Spurs were in probably the most underrated finals in years with the Pistons in 05. That was a great series

soundjunkies2
05-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Yes

I'm a big fan of Pop. If the Lakers get knocked out that's who I'm rooting for.

SpaceJamJordans
the way u phrased the title of the thread and the question but if that wasn't it intent my apologies

they're playing really great basketball and they deserve to be in the finals

spurs4#5
I seriously don't understand some people. What is exactly wrong with how the spurs play??

there's nothing wrong with the way they play...theres never been anything wrong with the way they've played...its just people listening to the media and especially ESPN and not being able to form their own opinion

torocan
05-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Definitely. Pops rocks.

And they play really enjoyable, TEAM basketball.

Only the uninformed think it's all about Griffin dunks or ISO ball.

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 12:39 AM
they're playing really great basketball and they deserve to be in the finals

I also believe the WCF will actually be the real NBA finals...no one in the east can even come close to the spurs or thunder

AddiX
I'll watch whoever is in the finals.

But statistically the spurs are VERY bad for tv ratings. Spurs Vs pistons was a complete disaster for ratings too.

TRF929

It was his intent, although he may be back peddling now that no one agrees with him, making it seem otherwise.

Anyways, I would definitely watch the finals. Spurs are playing great ball

Kashmir13579
05-18-2012, 12:40 AM
**** this thread.

LionsFan..LOL
05-18-2012, 12:40 AM
I'll watch whoever is in the finals.

But statistically the spurs are VERY bad for tv ratings. Spurs Vs pistons was a complete disaster for ratings too.

Was a disaster to watch too :(

Avenged
05-18-2012, 12:41 AM
What I like about the Spurs is that nobody had them playing this good before the season started. Even when the playoffs were about to begin, a lot of people felt they weren't built for the playoffs. Well look at them now - completely dominating and showing no signs of slowing down.

That's 16 wins in a row! Their last loss was on April 11th, to the Lakers :cool:

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 12:45 AM
What I like about the Spurs is that nobody had them playing this good before the season started. Even when the playoffs were about to begin, a lot of people felt they weren't built for the playoffs. Well look at them now - completely dominating and showing no signs of slowing down.

That's 16 wins in a row! Their last loss was on April 11th, to the Lakers :cool:

that loss to the Lakers was a big wake up call for the spurs

Giraffes Rule
05-18-2012, 12:51 AM

We won't talk about what the Spurs did to the Lakers in their next two meetings. :p

LA_Raiders
05-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Booooring Finals. They are playing great they might make it...

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Booooring Finals. They are playing great they might make it...

why would it be a boring finals?

Rain City
05-18-2012, 01:10 AM
ive never been a fan of the spurs or been excited to watch them play, and the years they are in the finals are they years i pay attention the least, but this year, i would be excited i think, maybe not if its vs the pacers much, but if it was the celtics or the heat id definitely be following it close and i like and have more appreciation for the spurs now. The way they have been able to sustain the level of success is remarkable, in a smaller market as well. Not every year in the finals do you have guys that are considered "all time greats" playing, spurs are not my team by no means but ill be excited to see them in the finals, the WCF will definitely be exciting too!

flea
05-18-2012, 01:13 AM
This thread is an example of why NBA more closely resembles the WWE instead of MLB or NFL.

Trueblue2
05-18-2012, 01:16 AM

You don't have to come out and directly say something without obviously implying it... :facepalm:

Sinestro
05-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Hell yes they play so well together and I love the way their team is built Spurs vs. Celtics!

stlbest5in2013
05-18-2012, 01:19 AM

Who gives a flippin **** if someone or some people dont want certain teams in the finals. Guess what, this is not the WWE or reality tv. It is not here to entertain your every want and need.

This is pro sports and CHAMPIONSHIPS are on the line, all this other **** about who do you want, would you watch, blah blah blah is ****ing stupid.

The best 2 teams fight it out for the Championship, PERIOD. Rather I, you, or anyone else likes those teams or not.

Shortys4711
05-18-2012, 01:20 AM
You don't have to come out and directly say something without obviously implying it... :facepalm:

Haha, Nice sig man.

NYMetropolitans
05-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Of course I will. All true NBA fans will.

greg_ory_2005
Hell yeah I can see them in the finals. I see them beating the Thunder in the WCF. Pacers/Spurs finals!

Hellcrooner
If lakers cant get there then i definetly want the nba team that plays the closest concept to fiba game not only make the finals but also win them.

Respect to the spurs, pops and duncan.

Cracka2HI!
05-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Yea I'm going to watch them. They are a lot more exciting than the normal Spurs team. They're DAMN good!

CityofChaos
05-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I used to HATE watching the Spurs in the finals thinking that it was boring basketball, but now I realize that its basketball at its finest. They know how to execute on both sides of the floor and, well,...they play basketball the way it SHOULD be played in order to win.

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-18-2012, 01:47 AM

Then don't watch. The Spurs do everything in the game right. They have a team constructed through the draft and by smart trades. Minus the Jefferson acquisition. They play aggressive offense and for those who say they aren't playing defense look at CP3's stat totals. You wanta be fans who watch for the alley oop's cannot see that Blake Griffin is such a flawed basketball player. He has been getting jobbed this whole series. He's Duncan's *****. Just like Garnett is. So if you don't want to watch don't. But Chris Paul cannot do anything about the fact that he won't be able to will his team to victory over a better team.

NYY 26 to 7
05-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Yes I'd love to see the spurs but America won't. America wants to see the stars and lebron try to win. This audience (psd) though is the wrong audience to ask. We spend alot of time on the Internet just talking about games of course well watch whoever plays. But the spurs really play a fun style of ball and they aren't the defensive and "boring" team they used to be. I personally have always liked watching them play but no one should call them boring now. They have exciting young players and play at one of the fastest paces in the game. They have 2 old players who are still 2 of the best around and TP who at 29 is in his prime. What do people not like about watching the spurs?

akesh99
05-18-2012, 01:50 AM
I'd love Timmy to get another ring but I REALLY wanna see Durant in the finals

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 01:56 AM
No. I would only watch if it's a possible clincher to see the trophy presentation. That's what I did in 09. Much rather see the Clippers or Thunder.

Alayla
05-18-2012, 01:57 AM
there the team in the west i predicted to get there and Of course they play basketball how it should be player as a unit

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 01:59 AM
I'd love Timmy to get another ring but I REALLY wanna see Durant in the finals

we'll get to see both the spurs and the thunder the finals cuz the WFC will be the real finals cuz no one in the east is beating these two teams...especially the spurs

Switch
05-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Yes I want to see Duncan get another ring before he retires, but that's only if the Lakers don't make it.

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Definitely. Pops rocks.

And they play really enjoyable, TEAM basketball.

Only the uninformed think it's all about Griffin dunks or ISO ball.

That's more exciting to watch

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 02:01 AM
No. I would only watch if it's a possible clincher to see the trophy presentation. That's what I did in 09. Much rather see the Clippers or Thunder.

^ only cares about the stars...isnt a fan of the game

TornadoOfSouls
05-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Butthurt Clippers fan(probably a twelve year old) frustrated that Spurs are exposing Lob city. Guess you can't appreciate a basketball game without a load of alley oops and a dozen three pointers every game.

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 02:04 AM
^ only cares about the stars...isnt a fan of the game

I'm not a fan because it's not a team I think is fun to watch? :laugh2:

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 02:04 AM

to someone who is clueless about basketball that would be more exciting

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Butthurt Clippers fan(probably a twelve year old) frustrated that Spurs are exposing Lob city. Guess you can't appreciate a basketball game without a load of alley oops and a dozen three pointers every game.

I'm 22 and the Clippers aren't even my favorite team. I'm not saying I don't appreciate it, I'm just saying it's not as fun to watch.

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 02:07 AM
to someone who is clueless about basketball that would be more exciting

I'm not clueless about basketball. I'd rather see a team that's funner to watch.

TheRazorboy
05-18-2012, 02:10 AM

Call me nuts, but I'd rather watch 48 minutes of well executed basketball than 5 minutes of ESPN highlights interrupted by 43 minutes of sloppy tedium.

spurs4#5
05-18-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm not clueless about basketball. I'd rather see a team that's funner to watch.

a team that has mastered the game of basketball and is playing better than anyone and is scoring more than anyone and are just destroying everyone in its path basis more fun than watching lebron James not take the last shot to win a game or see Dwayne wade only score 5 points

Chacarron
05-18-2012, 02:16 AM
I love watching the Spurs, so yes.

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 02:19 AM
a team that has mastered the game of basketball and is playing better than anyone and is scoring more than anyone and are just destroying everyone in its path basis more fun than watching lebron James not take the last shot to win a game or see Dwayne wade only score 5 points

Not necessarily. Look at Celtics-Lakers game 7 in 2010. Both teams were shooting terribly. That wasn't a fun game to watch at all

OC Knights #11
05-18-2012, 02:29 AM
It doesn't make a difference because the Spurs are not going to the finals. The Thunder will win the west.

eibbor
05-18-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm gonna watch whoever makes it there. Any real NBA fan will.

lowdown32
05-18-2012, 02:36 AM
yep

JLynn943
05-18-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't know if I'll watch the Finals regardless. I hate half of the remaining teams, so I just don't really care. If Miami or Philly aren't in the finals, I won't be able to root for anybody. Otherwise, I'm just rooting for the Lakers and Celtics to lose.

TRF929
05-18-2012, 03:00 AM

So whats "funner" about watching the Clippers. I believe there was only one lob basket tonight, CP3 had more TOs than assists, Griffin actually hit a couple jumpers tonight, thats always fun to watch.

Your not a basketball fan, your a ESPN highlight reel fan. All-star game is probably your favorite outta the whole season.

Whatever you are its a shame.

Spurs play great ball and what an amazing season they're having

naps
05-18-2012, 03:03 AM
Why not? I understand the casual basketball fans won't probably find the Spurs interesting but real hardcore fans would love to see them in the finals. They play the game properly and they are a perfect example of a team. If Heat don't win then Spurs are my second team. I would love to see Tim Duncan hoist that 5th championship.

--23--
05-18-2012, 03:04 AM
yep I'll watch them, who wouldn't? They're a great team and fun to watch.

naps
05-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Man, Spurs vs OKC will be mad fun to watch. I predict this series goes to 7th game. Can't wait!

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2012, 03:06 AM
The Spurs aren't even a boring team anymore like they were in the early 2000s. They play a more up and down style and gun 3s. People who still think they're the same boring team are ****in clueless

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 03:07 AM
So whats "funner" about watching the Clippers. I believe there was only one lob basket tonight, CP3 had more TOs than assists, Griffin actually hit a couple jumpers tonight, thats always fun to watch.

Your not a basketball fan, your a ESPN highlight reel fan. All-star game is probably your favorite outta the whole season.

Whatever you are its a shame.

Spurs play great ball and what an amazing season they're having

Yes I am

JLynn943
05-18-2012, 03:10 AM
The Spurs aren't even a boring team anymore like they were in the early 2000s. They play a more up and down style and gun 3s. People who still think they're the same boring team are ****in clueless

This is very true. I think the Spurs just still bear the stigma of being a boring team. OKC vs SA will be a great, entertaining series if it happens.

Patman
05-18-2012, 03:21 AM
I defenetly will watch, that doesn't count for much if you rooting for that tea but still. Honestly the Spurs offense is just so beautiful to watch

lavilevi23
05-18-2012, 03:44 AM
No

TRF929
05-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Yes I am

I don't see how if this Spurs team is without a doubt better than the Suns team from a couple years ago, that you were raving about.
From the little you've said in this thread, all you've shown is lack of basketball knowledge and love of the game.

Stop watching sports analysts and start watching games, form your own opinions. Media likes discrediting teams and putting labels on players and their team.

Hopefully you'll learn something and become a fan of basketball and not a fan of glamour

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 03:55 AM
I don't see how if this Spurs team is without a doubt better than the Suns team from a couple years ago, that you were raving about.
From the little you've said in this thread, all you've shown is lack of basketball knowledge and love of the game.

Stop watching sports analysts and start watching games, form your own opinions. Media likes discrediting teams and putting labels on players and their team.

Hopefully you'll learn something and become a fan of basketball and not a fan of glamour

I do have my own opinion. I like watching teams that run. That's a more entertaining style of play. The teams I like are the Heat, Clippers, Thunder, Bulls, and Knicks. Those are teams I'd prefer to see in the finals. I'm not a fan because I'd rather see the Clippers than the Spurs? :laugh2:

DodgerBulls
05-18-2012, 04:09 AM
Lets be honest now, who wouldn't watch the Finals if the Spurs do make it? I don't want to sound traditional, but Spurs is one hell of a basketball team. If I can make everyone in my team in the league we are playing on, I would definitely do it. My team and I will probably win the championship next season... too bad we lost.

I'm actually talking about the team I play on in real life! Not the Bulls.

FlashMacker
05-18-2012, 04:12 AM
Lets be honest now, who wouldn't watch the Finals if the Spurs do make it? I don't want to sound traditional, but Spurs is one hell of a basketball team. If I can make everyone in my team in the league we are playing on, I would definitely do it. My team and I will probably win the championship next season... too bad we lost.

I'm actually talking about the team I play on in real life! Not the Bulls.

That wording doesn't make sense

TRF929
05-18-2012, 04:23 AM
I do have my own opinion. I like watching teams that run. The teams I like are the Heat, Clippers, Thunder, and Bulls. Those are teams I'd prefer to see in the finals. I'm not a fan because I'd rather see the Clippers than the Spurs? :laugh2:

I didn't say the Clippers first hand, just used them as an example. Your reasoning just makes no sense, Spurs are the highest scoring team in the league and "run" just as well if not better than the teams you just mentioned. It also sounds like your bandwagon fan, just going by the teams you named. Not that theres anything wrong with that, it just tells me how much of a "basketball" fan you really are.

But hey, nothing to get angry about. I'd rather you be a sportscenter highlight fan than a "DIEHARD" fan, that threatens players for missing shots or whatnot; as I'm reading about the hate Steve Blake is getting.

Watch the other 26 teams, you don't have to be a fan but it raises your bball knowledge. Maybe you'll make less lame remarks about anything related to basketball, outside of your "favorite" teams.

Take care buddy

3ballbomber
05-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Why wouldn't you? This is a different NBA era. no more showtime like the 90's. I'd much rather see real basketball than teams with stars who get whistles for being breathed on.

cbs134679
05-18-2012, 05:30 AM
If they play the heat I'd watch but pacers or celtic it would be pretty boring..I like both spurs and thunder but okc vs heat would be epic imo.

meloman1592
05-18-2012, 05:48 AM
the spurs play great ball...def wanna see them

netsgiantsyanks
05-18-2012, 05:58 AM
oh, they're boring yet ripping apart opponents.

Rhino
05-18-2012, 06:19 AM
I wouldn't mind watching the Spurs. They've been the best team in the NBA most of the season and haven't really been given the respect they deserve. If they continue to play at the level they've been playing no ones going to knock them off. I think it would be cool to watch the Spurs or Thunder against the Celtics or Pacers but I don't think anything is set in stone yet.

AnthonyTyrael
05-18-2012, 06:24 AM
I prefer Spurs over OKC. Favor OKC in such a series though. The winner will take it all this year.

Ebbs
05-18-2012, 06:25 AM
I want to say no but kind of yes.

thenaj17
05-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Anyone who doesn't watch if The Spurs if they get to the finals is ignorant and probably haven't seen them all season. By reputation the Spurs are boring, basically because Tim Duncan has the personality of a plank of wood and plays like it. This season however, the Spurs have been playing great ball and are exciting aswell.

The Spurs are more exciting to watch than the Lakers yet the rating will be down just because of an ill-conceived reputation.

MTL_123
05-18-2012, 07:22 AM
man all i want to see is a heat lakers finals

omdigga
05-18-2012, 07:28 AM
im a knick fan.. so i love watching the spurs play.. its nice to watch a consistent team..

jp611
05-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Absolutely, I love the Spurs... Anyone who says they are boring doesnt like basketball

ambisme56
05-18-2012, 07:39 AM
I wanna see OKC vs Pacers

stensley
05-18-2012, 07:40 AM
No!!!

ottograham14
05-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Just to see probably the Best PF in the game ever get another championship I would say Yes I would not mind seeing the Spurs in the Finals again and win another one. Duncan is almost done so it would be nice to see him get another one and OKC has many more years to come to get multiples. Nobody in the East is winning it right now IMO.

Stern has to be shaking thinking of a Spurs-Pacers finals. LOL.

jericho
05-18-2012, 08:02 AM
calling it now if spurs win championship duncan will retire :( 1 of the true last big men in the game

Gram
05-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Hell yeah I would!

gwrighter
05-18-2012, 08:12 AM
**** Yes.

YoungOne
05-18-2012, 08:15 AM
rather watch them in the finals then lakers-magic from '09

benzni
05-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Yes

kdspurman
05-18-2012, 09:35 AM
calling it now if spurs win championship duncan will retire :( 1 of the true last big men in the game

He's not retiring. He's going to play 2-3 more years at the very least

StinkEye
05-18-2012, 09:53 AM
I would. Spurs play great basketball. It beats watching just about anything else.

JayW_1023
05-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I would. Against Boston. Real basketball...not hoops.

Jumi
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes!
The drive for five continues!

Go Spurs Go!!!

chicago lulz
05-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes

GOON MUSIC
05-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Spurs aren't that boring anymore, I've accepted that they'll be there this year

daboywonder2002
05-18-2012, 01:35 PM

then you aren't a real basketball fan. because i remember that classic spurs/pistons 7 game series. spurs/celts would be the same

D-Leethal
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
If you don't enjoy watching the Spurs play beautiful selfless team basketball than please go find another sport and refrain from posting in the NBA forum ever again.

You should enjoy watching the game played the way its meant to be played, if you need flashy dunks or big time diva superstars to enjoy the game, quite frankly thats pathetic.

I can't wait to see the battled tested experience vs fearless youth matchup were gonna see in the WCF. And I can't wait to see the vets vs vets Celtics vs Spurs in the finals, with a slew of HOFers all making one last run at it to solidify their respective legacies.

D-Leethal
05-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I would. Against Boston. Real basketball...not hoops.

This. I can't wait. Spurs in 6.

2-ONE-5
05-18-2012, 01:45 PM
if you wouldnt want to watch the Spurs in the finals you are not a basketball fan

Kobe2324
05-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Oddly enough I think the lakers would be toughest team for the spurs to beat but I cant them getting through okc...No I would not watch the spurs in the finals but im quite sure they will be there and most likely will win...if Lakers arent getting there I dont care who wins as long as Lebron dont get a ring lol

BobbyHillSwag
05-18-2012, 02:17 PM
doesnt matter if you want to see them or not because they'll be there

RaiderLakersA's
05-18-2012, 02:59 PM
A Spurs-Pacers Finals would be interesting.