PDA

View Full Version : How dumb are the Heat looking not going with Riley in 2010?

NYSpirit1
05-17-2012, 10:33 PM
This isn't really jumping the gun, they lost in the Finals last year and now are down 2-1 to the Indiana Pacers, a role player team, in the second round.

For some odd reason, Pat Riley didn't want to coach this squad and instead, he wanted the former video coordinator to coach it who still looks like he's 35 years old.

Spoelstra isn't a good coach, not for this team. They need a Jerry Sloan, a Riley, a Jackson, even a Larry Brown - someone who can handle stars and has been around the block. The Heat would have without a doubt won the Finals last year with a top coach.

And even as a Knick fan, it's sad to see this happen to the Heat, because I was one of the biggest supporters of the "star formula" working and I don't want the NBA to turn into a role player team league. It's not interesting that way.

Avenged
05-17-2012, 10:38 PM
This is jumping the gun. They're down 2-1 not 3-0. At least wait until their season is over.

I do agree that Spo is not that good of a coach, though.

knicks4life33
05-17-2012, 11:28 PM
watch if the heat lose the series they are goin blame it on the loss of bosh when you have lebron james and d - wade on your team you should be able to go to the finals and beat the pacers. Lebron took the cavs which has a worse cast of teammates to the nba finals with no superstar .

rwynyc
05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I think if anything this tells us its a team sport and 3 super stars cant get it done

heyman321
05-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I think if anything this tells us its a team sport and 3 super stars cant get it done

If anything, it shows that you need GOOD center to win the championship.

NYK4L
05-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah a lot of people are counting the heat out already? Don't get why.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-17-2012, 11:49 PM
This is definitely the definition of jumping the gun. Having said that, Eric Spolestra isnt the reason Heat players cannot hit a three pointer to save their lives. Coach will always take the grunt of the blame, but the Heat didnt play with heart tonight. If that is Spolestra's fault than so be it.

Giraffes Rule
05-17-2012, 11:59 PM
This team just doesn't have much depth. Battier was supposed to come in and be basically their sixth man and he's been a shell of what he once was. Outside of the big three, there Chalmers is probably the only one that could maybe start on a quality team. So when one of them goes down or has a bad game they just aren't as good.

Chris Bosh being out is huge for this team right now. I don't think that's the fault of their coach. I don't think they lost the finals last year because of coaching either. You need depth in this league, not just stars. I would think a Knicks fan would know that with the way your season ended.

KaganRS
05-18-2012, 12:13 AM
. The Heat would have without a doubt won the Finals last year with a top coach.

I doubt that you're without a doubt , no doubt about it !

sunsfan88
05-18-2012, 12:14 AM
watch if the heat lose the series they are goin blame it on the loss of bosh when you have lebron james and d - wade on your team you should be able to go to the finals and beat the pacers.

Has any team in the past 12 years won a NBA championship without a legit big man?

cubbies7177
05-18-2012, 12:42 AM
This isn't really jumping the gun, they lost in the Finals last year and now are down 2-1 to the Indiana Pacers, a role player team, in the second round.

For some odd reason, Pat Riley didn't want to coach this squad and instead, he wanted the former video coordinator to coach it who still looks like he's 35 years old.

Spoelstra isn't a good coach, not for this team. They need a Jerry Sloan, a Riley, a Jackson, even a Larry Brown - someone who can handle stars and has been around the block. The Heat would have without a doubt won the Finals last year with a top coach.

And even as a Knick fan, it's sad to see this happen to the Heat, because I was one of the biggest supporters of the "star formula" working and I don't want the NBA to turn into a role player team league. It's not interesting that way.

That's because you don't appreciate good, clean basketball.

You love to watch the teams that are "built on flash and not fire." More importantly, why would you not like this balance? Why would you want the league to be only one and not both? I love that "balanced" teams like the Spurs get to battle "superstar" teams like the Clips. We'll see Spurs v. Thunder/Lakers next. Bulls v. Heat was supposed to be a similar type of matchup.

Also, I don't think "superstar" vs. "team" formula is that different. In fact, I think the Heat could have a "team" formula, they just choose not to. Sometimes they do, but in the clutch, they revert to ISO (fair enough though.. James & Wade are generally efficient enough to do so). Like the Spurs, they have star power (AND IF YOU SAY THAT THE BIG 3 ARE NOT STARS YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND. EVEN TIMMY D IS PLAYING AT STAR LEVEL), but they play like a TEAM.

So, it depends more on the way the team is run more so than the players themselves (Although you can't have a star team without stars lol)

Jays Claw
05-18-2012, 12:57 AM
So all of a sudden this is Spo's fault? I don't get it...

They run over the Knicks (coaching gets no credit), the struggle against Indy (Spo and the staff are blamed and now need to be fired?). People really need to be consistent with their positive/negative comments towards the Heat. Miami's game 3 loss was because of poor defensive effort, an inconsistent/frustrated Wade, and their lack of rebounding. So let's not jump the gun here by thinking Riley would've done A LOT better magically taking them straight to 7+ titles.

Mell413
05-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Can't blame Spo for Bosh being hurt and Wade being bad. If Wade hits his averages tonight's game likely has a different outcome. Battier and Miller aren't the players they used to be. I don't see how that's Spo's fault. Plus this series isn't even over yet. They could win game 4 and be in the drivers seat again.

AddiX
05-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Riley has already shown in the past that if he thinks he ca win a ring he has no problem throwing his coach under amd taking over.

People forget, the heat were just fine with van gundy and Riley took over anyway, than bailed once they sucked again.

Riley would be head coach tomorrow if he thought he was going to get a ring out of it. No doubt...

Rain City
05-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Riley has already shown in the past that if he thinks he ca win a ring he has no problem throwing his coach under amd taking over.

People forget, the heat were just fine with van gundy and Riley took over anyway, than bailed once they sucked again.

Riley would be head coach tomorrow if he thought he was going to get a ring out of it. No doubt...

i completely agree. Ive always thought riles was overrated, i dont think it was his genius that brought in bosh and bron, they masterminded it together playing in the olympics, and its not like playing with wade in south beach is a tough sell anyways. And he has done a poor job building around them, bad signings and draft picks, spoe is a terrible fit from the get go and has had way too long of a leash.

lkingratedr
05-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Isn't it ironic how lebron left Cleveland because he didn't have a good enough supporting cast to go to Miami to suffer the same problem

idrinkpepsi
05-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Major, and I mean major jumping the gun ITT.

Whomewhome
05-18-2012, 01:54 AM
To me all credit to the Pacers in this game, they shut down Dwade completely.

The other factors was rebounds, You can't win a game when you don't rebound. They were out-rebounded 52-36

But ALL credit to Vogel and his team for this victory

mynameismo
05-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Heat win.. Hail King James

Heat lose.. Fire the coach

How bout IND played great defense? Out-rebounded you guys? Or no support for Lebron? No big man presence? No Bosh? Wade hurt? You guys dominated the Knicks and the coach didn't get any credit. Pat Riley can't solve none of that.

mynameismo
05-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Whoops! Double Post

--23--
05-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Has any team in the past 12 years won a NBA championship without a legit big man?

Nope

2011: Mavs (Dirk)
2010: Lakers (Pau)
2009: Lakers (Pau)
2008: Celtics (KG)
2007: Spurs (Duncan)
2006: Heat (Shaq)
2005: Spurs (Duncan)
2004: Pistons (Sheed)
2003: Spurs (Duncan)
2002: Lakers (Shaq)
2001: Lakers (Shaq)
2000: Lakers (Shaq)

You could also add other players, such as Bynum, Zo, Ben Wallace, Tyson Chandler & Perkins to the list.

BTW to the OP this is jumping the gun, at least wait til the season is over.