PDA

View Full Version : A Jeremy Lin Books? For real?

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
It's apparently not enough for some that Jeremy Lin got on the cover of online magazines and was the subject of countless articles, but this is ridiculous! A book? I'm sure you guys have seen the advertisement on PSD here, here's a review:

http://www.nationalreview.com/home-front/299998/review-ijeremy-lin-reason-linsanityi/nancy-french#

Is this just going a little to far, or is it me. I mean there are countless HOFers that don't have a book, and this guy strings together 25 games that are about as good a Mike Jame's best season and he's got a book? Why didn't Mike James get a book? I don't remember any Yao Ming books coming out 25 games into his first season...

Thoughts?

BigBlueCrew
05-17-2012, 06:04 PM
If you dont like...dont buy it. That capitalism at work.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-17-2012, 06:07 PM
It's new York, whattaya expect?

smith&wesson
05-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I honestly want to go in a book store and see the loser that actually buys this book :laugh: you really have to have nothing better to do to read that crap. i rather do a cross word puzzle.

Rivera
05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
actually sounds like a good read

it isnt an autobiography it doesnt tell the jermey lin story in whole from when he was a kid to now

its all about the rise of "linsanity" and basically chronicalling linsanity this year and how it took off and how America always roots for an underdog

Kashmir13579
05-17-2012, 06:23 PM
He deserves a statue as well.

Mr Costanza
05-17-2012, 06:31 PM

There's also one for Bryce Harper. It's not NY, it's America. Make money wherever whenever. But go ahead and take a shot at our state if it makes you feel better.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-17-2012, 06:33 PM
I also heard Lin is getting inducted into the HOF this weekend

Mr Costanza
05-17-2012, 06:37 PM
And the OP is a perfect example of why this book will turn a nice profit. People are talking about it. It's a story that will sell.

If they made a book about Tony Douglas would you have created a thread, much less a poll about it?

Odominator
05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Clearly he is book worthy if you are starting this thread about him.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Do people really not understand how much money this kid is worth? Nobody should be surprised Lin is getting a book.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
05-17-2012, 06:40 PM

There's also one for Bryce Harper. It's not NY, it's America. Make money wherever whenever. But go ahead and take a shot at our state if it makes you feel better.

I'm from New York and currently live in NY, so from what I learned of past things, New York will make make you or break you. Look at Marbury or even carmelo, as soon as they win one game, your treated as a king and talk of the town. Lose one, your the most hated person in America.

smood999
05-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Mike James was not a phenomenon...Linsanity swept the globe...I forgot the exact figure..but he made the NBA millions in less than a week and MSG's stock rose as well.

Add that to the fact that he put up historic numbers in that 9 game stretch, he's the first Asian-American player in the league, he's from Harvard, and he was cut twice during the season and you have the making of a historical sports event.

Whatever your feelings may be of him as a player, you cannot deny the mass hysteria that was caused by Lin, his unusual story, and his overnight rise to stardom. That does not mean he is an NBA star as far as quality of player, but he is a star as far as popularity and being well known.

Ask casual basketball fans or just sports fans in general who Mike James is, then ask who Jeremy Lin is. I know people that hate basketball but still knew who Lin was. Did you not see the media room after his games during the Linsanity stretch? It wasn't only local media it was international.

Becks2307
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Just a word about Lin. its probably the biggest Nba story in the last couple years. No surprise really.

smood999
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
It's not cause it was NY, Linsanity was international.

NYY 26 to 7
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
My fellow Knicks fans are right in that people do what they can to make money but anyone who buys/reads this book is a ****ing moron. If it is chronicling the few practices leading up to the games and then the 7 games of the height of Linsanity just go read the articles from the post and daily news. The Knicks beat writers were there and if you are a Lin fan then you saw everything happen and watched the 24/7 coverage on ESPN. We already know every detail because during those few games against some of the worst teams in the NBA people couldn't get enough of the sleeping on the couch story to Carmelo being the one who went to D'Antoni to tell him to try playing Lin. We heard the stories why do people need this book besides to try and take advantage of his millions of Asian fans who I'm sure can't get enough Lin. I love Lin and can't wait for him to be healthy and help bring this team to the next level next year and years after that but a book really? Come on.

Raph12
05-17-2012, 06:59 PM
His basketball talent is overrated, but he's a marketing gem; he's Chinese (huge following), a guy who barely made it to the NBA after going undrafted, not receiving any athletic scholarships and contemplating retirement, he has became the starting PG on one of the most storied franchises... Marketing gold right there; they're cashing in while they can.

Pran Raznor
05-17-2012, 07:06 PM
It's apparently not enough for some that Jeremy Lin got on the cover of online magazines and was the subject of countless articles, but this is ridiculous! A book? I'm sure you guys have seen the advertisement on PSD here, here's a review:

http://www.nationalreview.com/home-front/299998/review-ijeremy-lin-reason-linsanityi/nancy-french#

Is this just going a little to far, or is it me. I mean there are countless HOFers that don't have a book, and this guy strings together 25 games that are about as good a Mike Jame's best season and he's got a book? Why didn't Mike James get a book? I don't remember any Yao Ming books coming out 25 games into his first season...

Thoughts?

http://www.atlasbooks.com/marktplc/02885.htm

kenzo400
05-17-2012, 07:08 PM
I wish i wrote this book. Can you imagine how much money the author is going to make. You're going to have millions of Chinese buying this crap.

John Walls Era
05-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I wish I thought of doing this in his rookie year. Should've made an agreement with Jeremy Lin knowing that the small chance he does something I could be rich.

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2012, 07:45 PM

Thoughts?

You cared so much about the book that you made a thread about it

Good work troll