PDA

View Full Version : Trade Bynum or Trade Kobe?

Fresno
05-17-2012, 04:23 AM
If you're the Lakers GM, Mitch Kupchak.

Actually the decision will be made by Jim Buss anyways.

This whole situation eventually has to be visited at some point as the Lakers are possibly facing a consecutive 2nd Round elimination with a team that is struggling to co-exist together. This seems identical to the point where the Lakers had to make the choice of keeping a 25 year old Kobe Bryant or trading a 32 year old Shaq.

Bynum, if traded, would bring the Lakers back an All Star talent whether it be Dwight Howard or Deron Williams or a package of talented players to put around Kobe so that he can compete for a title in his remaining years. Plenty of teams would love to build around a 25 year old Center.

Kobe, if traded, would only go to a team that was serious about winning a Championship but there are few options that would make sense if it did occur. He only has a handful of prime years remaining.

tapajafri
05-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Trade bryant over bynum. Building around a big man is always the best way to success.

Hellcrooner
05-17-2012, 04:28 AM
trade both of them alongside pau and artest.

complete fresh start.

Fresno
05-17-2012, 04:33 AM
trade both of them alongside pau and artest.

complete fresh start.

Kobe, Gasol, & Artest can bring back pieces in a trae to build around Andrew Bynum. The Lakers already have other young guys on their team who are 25 and under like Sessions, Morris, Goudelock, Hill, McRobers, Eyenga, & Ebanks. Nothing special but these guys still have some room to improve.

If you move on from the old veterans + Bynum then it'd be a bad move. You don't want to completely change over the entire roster with a bunch of new guys coming in who weren't apart of their previous roster.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-17-2012, 04:34 AM
trade bynum, he doesnt have a heart

Hellcrooner
05-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Kobe, Gasol, & Artest can bring back pieces in a trae to build around Andrew Bynum. The Lakers already have other young guys on their team who are 25 and under like Sessions, Morris, Goudelock, Hill, McRobers, Eyenga, & Ebanks. Nothing special but these guys still have some room to improve.

If you move on from the old veterans + Bynum then it'd be a bad move. You don't want to completely change over the entire roster with a bunch of new guys coming in who weren't apart of their previous roster.

you cant build around bynum.

he is a nutcase

he doenst play with effort

he is spoiled

and he has AN HISTORY oN KNEE INJURIES since he was a fat albert lookalike teenager

he is on the verge of a max years max extension too.

not the kind of deal to do a rebuild with one dude eating already 1/3 od your capspace.
not to emntion teh HIGh chance that he stays the most part of his contract injured.

lakers need to get rid of everything while they still have vale.

LakersIn5
05-17-2012, 04:48 AM
trade bynum, he doesnt have a heart

just because he laughs and goofs around it doesnt mean he doesnt have a heart for bball. if he doesnt have one then he wont be fvcking frustrated when he doesnt get the ball. when he sucks in the game it doesnt mean he has no heart but maybe he just got outplayed.

mustaine
05-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Rebuild around Bynum? That would be mental, he's a really talented player and can be great from time to time but his head isn't it. Can't really build around a player with his mindset in my opinion.

ThunderousDemon
05-17-2012, 05:31 AM
I'm with Crooner, let's clean house and start over with a clean slate

Jeff559
05-17-2012, 05:39 AM
who would trade for Kobe? He will be 34 next year, and 27 million dollar contract makes it difficult to make salaries match. Extend Bynum, wait the year out, and maybe try to sign CP3 by amnestying kobe in the final year of his deal..

tcav701
05-17-2012, 05:46 AM
You cant build around Bynum, his knees will shut him down in less than 5 years.

adamsison
05-17-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm not a lakers fan. But you don't just trade Kobe.
Where is the loyalty... Look at what he has done. And continues to do and you want to trade him?
Let him play and retire a laker with class.
The best run organization by far is the spurs. They would never think of trading Duncan after what he has done.

Kevj77
05-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Umm, Kobe is untradeable he earns 27.8 mil next season and 30 mil the year after that. It is an unmoveable contract.

GoferKing_
05-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Keep them both, let them quarrel and fight each other and destroy the Lakers from inside.xD

xnick5757
05-17-2012, 06:35 AM
kobe is impossible to trade, he has a NTC and his cap hit for next year is a whopping $27,849,000 million.

naps
05-17-2012, 06:38 AM
No one is touching Kobe's fatass-self-centered contract. The guy makes $30 million I believe. That's pretty much half the entire payroll.

And Bynum is too risky to build around. It's a miracle he has been healthy this season. Miracles never last long. Lakers are looking forward to another Gasolesque gift. Something in the line of Kevin Love for Jordan Hill...LMFAO!

Kevj77
05-17-2012, 07:23 AM
No one is touching Kobe's fatass-self-centered contract. The guy makes $30 million I believe. That's pretty much half the entire payroll.

And Bynum is too risky to build around. It's a miracle he has been healthy this season. Miracles never last long. Lakers are looking forward to another Gasolesque gift. Something in the line of Kevin Love for Jordan Hill...LMFAO!When will people understand that the Lakers made a fair trade for Gasol. They traded the largest available expiring contract at the time in Kwame (this allowed the Griz to trade for Zbo), Marc Gasol, Gavaris Crittenton who was the 18th pick in the draft the year before and still a rookie (nobody knew how he would turn out yet) and two first round picks.

It was perfect for a rebuilding team, where Memphis really ****ed up was to draft Thabeet over Harden and they also traded Kevin Love for OJ Mayo. If they had drafted right they would be better than OKC.

3ballbomber
05-17-2012, 07:31 AM
i don't see LA trading Kobe until he retires.

Imagine if Stern allowed the CP trade. CP/KOBE/BYNUM is a hell of combo to build around. Clips do not deserve a player like CP.

ackar
05-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Kobe hasa no trade clause he can veto any trade so that nixes that idea...next

thenaj17
05-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Kobe is untradeable due to NTC & contract. I would only trade Bynum if Dwight Howard or Deron Williams was in return. Keep Sessions, Jordan Hill, Barnes and clear the rest out.

RaiderLakersA's
05-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Kobe has a no trade clause. Why do you people ("What do you mean, 'You people?!!?' " keep forgetting that?

Hawkeye15
05-17-2012, 11:38 AM
The problem with the Lakers is, Kobe is too old to build around, Gasol too old/fragile mentally, and Bynum is a nutcase who misses too many games with injuries, etc. They are better off either riding it until the end, or cleaning house.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Kobe has a no trade clause. Why do you people ("What do you mean, 'You people?!!?' " keep forgetting that?

yep. They would have to amnesty him if they want to start over. Aint happening.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 11:50 AM
The lakers had already made this decision

Bynum was gone at the deadline until the Magic blackmailed D12 into opting in...

Doesn't really matter though... the lakers are ****ed by kobe's contract for the next two years because Jimbaco wants to cut payroll (he has proven this over the last 2 years by trading 3 first round picks just to dump salary)

thekmp211
05-17-2012, 11:53 AM
kobe isn't going anywhere. bynum is the guy you can get the most value out of after this season and i don't trust that troll.

kobe and pau aren't done. just older. look what folks said about the celtics and spurs before this season. give it another shot, flip pau midseason if he really starts sucking.

oh and fire mike brown yesterday. he said that play was drawn up for kobe. what? he had MWP making crunch time decisions inbounding? what? he gave steve blake the derek fisher/robert horry look. what?

he'll look great on first take and NBA fastbreak.

Norieaga
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Even if they could, I can't see the Lakers trading Kobe. They should ship Bynum and try to get Howard. Maybe also lure Nash in to be PG for less money?

Donuts365
05-17-2012, 12:01 PM
why the hell will anyone trade KOBE thats like saying trade d wade for paul george cause he younger smh

macc
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
At this point I wouldn't trade either, if I were to trade anyone it would be Gasol. He could potentionally give them a decent piece to keep contending with.

Trading Kobe would be dumb because he's still top 3-5 in the league, trading Bynum would be dumb because he's in the top 3 Centers in the league, esp if he builds on this last year.

Gasol would make the most sense to trade because he can still get you back decent value and you wouldn't lose your up and comer and your superstar.

Though ult that Odom trade still makes no sense, a pkg of Odom/Gasol would of fetched them something really decent.

Donuts365
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
The problem with the Lakers is, Kobe is too old to build around, Gasol too old/fragile mentally, and Bynum is a nutcase who misses too many games with injuries, etc. They are better off either riding it until the end, or cleaning house.

lmaooo keep telling yourself that

Purple&Gold24
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
stupid threads.... :facepalm:

TNTPHX13
05-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Keep them both, let them quarrel and fight each other and destroy the Lakers from inside.xD

I was thinking the same thing.:D

frenchie
05-22-2012, 01:02 AM
if I want them loose, I'll say keep them both.
if it was my team : trading Bryant the eater
the reality : you ll never ind a taker for such a contract

GREATNESS ONE
05-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Trade Bynum and Trade Gasol

TrueFan420
05-29-2012, 05:29 PM
kobe has a no trade clause so its simple trade gasol and bynum

tippa irie
05-29-2012, 06:43 PM
trade bynum, amnesty kobe, deport gasol

GREATNESS ONE
05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
^ lol

Aleksandar
06-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't believe Lakers ever thought about trading Bryant. He'll be their main player until he retires. Only then can they start rebuilding...

I don't know if they can do much to improve their team though. I don't see anyone giving them something valuable for Gasol.. And only option for trading Bynum was Howard deal. And that's off the table now.

I think their safest bet is to keep Kobe/Pau/Bynum and see to add someone someway somehow..

And dump Mike Brown. Don't know much about coaches, but if Phil Jackson recommended Shaw to be his successor, he was probably a better option.

benzni
06-01-2012, 01:03 PM
kobe will never be traded especially with that contract.