PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum"We’re better than Santa Claus. We give out Games,Contracts, & Rings"

MetroMan
05-17-2012, 03:10 AM
ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
Andrew Bynum: "We’re better than Santa Claus. We like giving out gifts. We give out games, contracts and rings."

He Definitely took a jab at kobe. UH-Oh
He mentions kobe losing this game. He mentions kobe losing to dallas who won it all. and he mentioned his contract.... O *****

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-17-2012, 03:12 AM
No Phil. No D-Fish in the Lakers locerroom. I expect all hell to break loose tomorrow's practice back in El Segundo.

Baller1
05-17-2012, 03:14 AM
I love it.

raiderposting
05-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Maybe this will ignite Kobe, if the lakers lose the series, still not over, I expect big changes. At least one of the big men will be gone, maybe both. Lakers desperately need a real pg. Imagine if Paul actually went to the lakers. I think the lakers would be dominating in the playoffs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-17-2012, 03:28 AM
bynum is done as a laker this season

John Walls Era
05-17-2012, 03:35 AM
I always liked Bynum. Bynum is the franchise.

JayW_1023
05-17-2012, 03:35 AM
Bynums losin it.

ZebraCity916
05-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Bynum is a joke. He needs to shut up and start taking his job seriously. He has no heart when he's playing, it seems like.

He's gotten his rings and gotten the big payday so now he just doesn't really care. That's how he acts in my opinion.

Maybe he just doesn't wanna be a Laker?? :confused:

John Walls Era
05-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Hmmm I like Kobe too though, but Bynum seems more arrogant and cocky (Not to take anything away from Kobe -- the man is arrogant enough to keep shooting) so I have to take his side on this. The Mamba should just keep passing it to Andrew Bynum from now on.

sunsfan88
05-17-2012, 03:46 AM
I love Bynum. He's the only reason the boring ***** Lakers actually are interesting this year.

JiffyMix88
05-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Bynums right kobe had four straight possesions where he either turned the ball over or took terrible shots

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2012, 03:50 AM
Stir it up

jeter 2
05-17-2012, 03:51 AM
This is as real as it gets. They should give the ball to Bynum more at the end of the game. Its' Bynum's team now!

b@llhog24
05-17-2012, 03:52 AM
Lol when I saw this thread title i thought he was talking about James Harden.

John Walls Era
05-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Bynum might be the best player in the league in terms of coping with frustration. Yeah he destroyed Barea (Barea can't just come into Bynum's paint the whole game trying to disrespect him), but he held his frustration with Kobe's lack of teamwork for a couple years now. All he wants to do is win. How much more does he need to do to earn some respect from the more inferior players?

Hellcrooner
05-17-2012, 04:01 AM
lol, isnt this ironic, the new young boy in town jabbing at the veteran?

hey kobe, maybe you shouldnt have ran shaq out of town, now its your time to be ran out, because if you didnt know drew is the bosses ( well the ******** son of the true boss) pet.

MagicBucsSox
05-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Andrew Bynum: "We’re better than Santa Claus. We like giving out gifts. We give out games, contracts and rings."

He mentions kobe losing this game. He mentions kobe losing to dallas who won it all. and he mentioned his contract.... O *****

Someone fill me in. I don't get what this has to do with Kobe but its bout time he was called out if so

LGhost
05-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Bynum is the one giving games away... Look after that 3 point shot from Blake at who catches the rebound and how Bynum was the closest player to him, what does Bynum do instead of going for the foul? He walks away and looks at the camera. There was a good enough amount of time to get a way better look over that Artest lob down court if Bynum would have stayed in the game.

Weezy
05-17-2012, 07:53 AM
:laugh2: oh boy. Bynum is a funny guy.....kind of giving Javale McGee a run for funniest? Nahhhhhh

3ballbomber
05-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Maybe this will ignite Kobe, if the lakers lose the series, still not over, I expect big changes. At least one of the big men will be gone, maybe both. Lakers desperately need a real pg. Imagine if Paul actually went to the lakers. I think the lakers would be dominating in the playoffs.
cp would have been huge for LA. stern is a d*ick

jericho
05-17-2012, 08:38 AM
lol, isnt this ironic, the new young boy in town jabbing at the veteran?

hey kobe, maybe you shouldnt have ran shaq out of town, now its your time to be ran out, because if you didnt know drew is the bosses ( well the ******** son of the true boss) pet.

this, karma is a ***** they could have been a dynasty even bigger than they were back then except for the 1 the ystole from the kings lol :D

BobbyHillSwag
05-17-2012, 08:41 AM
bynum is right, everyone just hatin on that man cause how the media portrays him. People just finding reasons to hate on him. they gave that game away and he knows it.

Badluck33
05-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Bynum and Gasol will both be gone in a few months

win or lose.

StinkEye
05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
DoMeDrew

BALLER R
05-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Atleast Kobe shows up for games. You never know which Bynum your gonna get. Dominates one day then disappears the next.

Ill21
05-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Bynum is out of his mind.

Gram
05-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Andrew Bynum.

gatkins11
05-17-2012, 10:44 AM

win or lose.

Yep, add Mike Brown to that list.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Bynum might be the best player in the league in terms of coping with frustration. Yeah he destroyed Barea (Barea can't just come into Bynum's paint the whole game trying to disrespect him), but he held his frustration with Kobe's lack of teamwork for a couple years now. All he wants to do is win. How much more does he need to do to earn some respect from the more inferior players?

another clueless poster

the Lakers FO had already decided to get rid of Bynum... the trade with Orlando at the deadline was done... Otis Smith then blackmailed D12 into opting in because he didn't want to go to LA and then leave 2 months later for Brooklyn...

the Lakers FO already knows that bynum is not the future...

As far as Bynum wanting to win... LMFAO... dude is a career contract year player... nothing more nothing less...

Talk about a guy who never EARNED a contract on the floor :facepalm:

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
this, karma is a ***** they could have been a dynasty even bigger than they were back then except for the 1 the ystole from the kings lol :D

yep ... a dynasty :facepalm:

how do you figure that... shaq had 1 more good year and was basically garbage after that...

gotta love fans of inferior franchises...

The Lakers Organization ***** on the entire league year after year decade after decade... Deal with it

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 11:06 AM

win or lose.

this

Mr.ATLHawks
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM

This. Albeit not a good attitude to have, but some players are not going to play hard, cut hard when they have a selfish mother ****** like Kobe Bryant on their team. You saw it last year with Gasol giving up and now you are seeing it this year with Bynum. It is more then evident to 99.9% of the sports fans out there that the Lakers probably have the best frontcourt in basketball. I cant stand Bynums guts but he has turned into one hell of an inside presence. Bryant refuses to share the limelight and the ball in crucial situations. The Lakers dont need to trade Gasol or Bynum they need to trade Kobe Effin Bryant or amnesty his ***. I used to be a Laker fan until the whole Shaq/Kobe debacle, and why Shaq isnt an angel, this is why people hate Kobe Bryant. F the success...and people putting him in the conversation with Jordan. Please!

Mr.ATLHawks
05-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Whose to say CP3 and Kobe wouldnt have clashed. He has clashed with every other star he has been with. CP3 likes the ball in crunchtime. I dont think that would have been a good situation for Chris Paul.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-17-2012, 11:26 AM

how do you figure that... shaq had 1 more good year and was basically garbage after that...

The Lakers Organization ***** on the entire league year after year decade after decade... Deal with it

Please remove yourself from Kobe Bryant's **** he's poisioning your team...and P.S. aside from his flashes of brilliance when nobody really gives a **** he's really not that good...

fishedz
05-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Please remove yourself from Kobe Bryant's **** he's poisioning your team...and P.S. aside from his flashes of brilliance when nobody really gives a **** he's really not that good... You're right...he's only one of the best players of all time. I should listen to you, not all the former and currnet players and head coaches...cause PSD couch coaches are in the know and keep it real yo!

GTFO of here dude... Have you watched a Lakers game? Bynum is lazy, lost, slow, unmotivated, and shows up when he wants to....and that's when he is healthy.

This Laker's woes can be attested to Stern... Not having Lamar off the bench is killing them. And anyone whom agrees with the CP3 block wouldn't...if it was there team. That happens in football....all hell breaks loose. The NBA....where even the commisioner fixes the game....

Ollie Tabooger
05-17-2012, 11:37 AM
another clueless poster

the Lakers FO had already decided to get rid of Bynum... the trade with Orlando at the deadline was done... Otis Smith then blackmailed D12 into opting in because he didn't want to go to LA and then leave 2 months later for Brooklyn...

the Lakers FO already knows that bynum is not the future...

As far as Bynum wanting to win... LMFAO... dude is a career contract year player... nothing more nothing less...

Talk about a guy who never EARNED a contract on the floor :facepalm:

Lol if you didn't know he was trolling, you're ****ing ********.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Please remove yourself from Kobe Bryant's **** he's poisioning your team...and P.S. aside from his flashes of brilliance when nobody really gives a **** he's really not that good...

typical hater who focuses on the irrational

i am not one who has any blinders on when it comes to kobe... i clearly understand his limitations...

unfortunately your blind hatred made you miss my entire point...

tis to be expected from a person who follows an inferior organization like the hawks... must be frustrating to root for a loser team and organization year after year... maybe they could afford to field a team if fans actually showed up :clap:

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
I believe what happens this offseason will define how Jim Buss is going to run this franchise. I know this is all premature and I still have a little faith in us coming back to take the series. This is pure speculation because I'll admit, I am in panic mode.

He might very well tell Kobe that he wants him traded or he's going to amnesty him. To me, though I love Kobe, this would be the best for the team. It'll be horrible in the history books, but it would tell me that Jim Buss is dedicated to winning.

I believe if we make this team Bynum's right now, his attitude problems towards the team would go away. He might be more dedicated to winning and showing up every night.

Something along the lines of what I'm thinking for us is trying to package Kobe and Sessions for something like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, RJ, and either Kwame or Biedrins to match salaries. Why this makes sense for us, is it makes us a more balanced and overall, younger team.

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and RJ are all excellent perimeter shooters and would be dangerous with Pau kicking it out to them. Doubles to Pau/Bynum would come far less if the Lakers have such dangerous shooters outside.

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and RJ all have the capability to create decent shots for themselves, and that might be a better approach for perimeter scoring than JUST Kobe.

I realize this might not be a popular idea to most Laker (Kobe) fans, but IMO, if we put a ton of perimeter players that can both shoot and create around Pau and Bynum, despite not being all-star caliber, we'll be a far more dangerous team.

Bogut, Lee, Wright, Kobe, Sessions with Nate off the bench sounds not bad for GSW.

Chacarron
05-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I :love: Bynum.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
You're right...he's only one of the best players of all time. I should listen to you, not all the former and currnet players and head coaches...cause PSD couch coaches are in the know and keep it real yo!

GTFO of here dude... Have you watched a Lakers game? Bynum is lazy, lost, slow, unmotivated, and shows up when he wants to....and that's when he is healthy.

This Laker's woes can be attested to Stern... Not having Lamar off the bench is killing them. And anyone whom agrees with the CP3 block wouldn't...if it was there team. That happens in football....all hell breaks loose. The NBA....where even the commisioner fixes the game....

Who gives a **** what he has done in the past . We are talking about right here, right now. Yes Bynum doesnt play hard all the time, I wont question that, but how much of that can we attest to Kobe Bryant's "me attitude". With those pieces around him you would think Kobe should be MVP right with 7-8 assists a game winning MVP after MVP putting up number like Lebron is. Skill wise yes he is one of the greatest to do it, but year after year we discuss Kobe's inability to play with his teammates or have confidence in him. Between the Sweep last year in Dallas, and going 7 games with the Denver Nuggets, to the Game 1 lashing they took, to his errand play in the waining moments of Game 2, somethings got to give. You going to trade your franchise away to hold onto a 34 year old has been? Good luck with that...

bucketss
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM

didn't stern accept that trade and the nba owners said hell no than it vetoed

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Who gives a **** what he has done in the past . We are talking about right here, right now. Yes Bynum doesnt play hard all the time, I wont question that, but how much of that can we attest to Kobe Bryant's "me attitude". With those pieces around him you would think Kobe should be MVP right with 7-8 assists a game winning MVP after MVP putting up number like Lebron is. Skill wise yes he is one of the greatest to do it, but year after year we discuss Kobe's inability to play with his teammates or have confidence in him. Between the Sweep last year in Dallas, and going 7 games with the Denver Nuggets, to the Game 1 lashing they took, to his errand play in the waining moments of Game 2, somethings got to give. You going to trade your franchise away to hold onto a 34 year old has been? Good luck with that...

The thing is, Pau and Gasol are great post players. They aren't as quick or as athletic as say, Dwight Howard.

How is Kobe supposed to get assists off of Bynum/Pau posting up? How are Bynum/Pau supposed to fight off double teams each time they post up? The Lakers DO NOT have good shooters on the perimeter... doubling Pau and Bynum doesn't hurt much when the Lakers miss so many outside shots.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
I believe what happens this offseason will define how Jim Buss is going to run this franchise. I know this is all premature and I still have a little faith in us coming back to take the series. This is pure speculation because I'll admit, I am in panic mode.

He might very well tell Kobe that he wants him traded or he's going to amnesty him. To me, though I love Kobe, this would be the best for the team. It'll be horrible in the history books, but it would tell me that Jim Buss is dedicated to winning.

I believe if we make this team Bynum's right now, his attitude problems towards the team would go away. He might be more dedicated to winning and showing up every night.

Something along the lines of what I'm thinking for us is trying to package Kobe and Sessions for something like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, RJ, and either Kwame or Biedrins to match salaries. Why this makes sense for us, is it makes us a more balanced and overall, younger team.

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and RJ are all excellent perimeter shooters and would be dangerous with Pau kicking it out to them. Doubles to Pau/Bynum would come far less if the Lakers have such dangerous shooters outside.

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and RJ all have the capability to create decent shots for themselves, and that might be a better approach for perimeter scoring than JUST Kobe.

I realize this might not be a popular idea to most Laker (Kobe) fans, but IMO, if we put a ton of perimeter players that can both shoot and create around Pau and Bynum, despite not being all-star caliber, we'll be a far more dangerous team.

Bogut, Lee, Wright, Kobe, Sessions with Nate off the bench sounds not bad for GSW.

not saying i would trade kobe yet but i wouldn't necessarily resist it either. What i would never agree to is that **** deal you proposed. It is total garbage and would never happen anyway because kobe is never going to agree to waive his NTC and have the other team gutted (do you remember his position on the bulls deal in 2008?)

If it was ever to happen he would only waive the NTC to a team he thought could win it all (Chicago, Maybe NY, Brooklyn with D12 and Derron, Clippers)

As for your belief in bynum changing his stripes... who cares... he isn't good enough to be a max player in the context of the new CBA nor do i think his attitude will change...

People that try to compare the shaq/kobe conflict to kobe/Bynum are either trolling or don't know jack about basketball ... i just added that for the others... i know you didn't make that point but i though it should be put out there

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM
This guy lol

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Nope, Stern vetoed it right from the beginning.

Then, he reconsidered and asked LAL to add more to the offer so LAL and HOU tried putting a better offer on the table. NBA Owners then all started whining and Stern said no again to the better offer.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM

no ... common misconception...

NO never sumbitted the trade for approval to the NBA office... if it had it could not have been vetoed...

stern turned down the deal as the appointed representative of the ownership group (which was all the teams in the league).

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 12:09 PM
not saying i would trade kobe yet but i wouldn't necessarily resist it either. What i would never agree to is that **** deal you proposed. It is total garbage and would never happen anyway because kobe is never going to agree to waive his NTC and have the other team gutted (do you remember his position on the bulls deal in 2008?)

If it was ever to happen he would only waive the NTC to a team he thought could win it all (Chicago, Maybe NY, Brooklyn with D12 and Derron, Clippers)

As for your belief in bynum changing his stripes... who cares... he isn't good enough to be a max player in the context of the new CBA nor do i think his attitude will change...

People that try to compare the shaq/kobe conflict to kobe/Bynum are either trolling or don't know jack about basketball ... i just added that for the others... i know you didn't make that point but i though it should be put out there

The thing is, Kobe might take this trade because Bogut and Lee remain on the Warriors and he's taking Sessions along with him.

Dorrell Wright is also a much more consistent outside shooter than MWP or Barnes. Bogut and Lee could be a very dangerous front court.

The trade might seem like garbage to us, but we're not going to get good value for Kobe. Getting two really good prospects in Curry and Thompson along with an old vet than can shoot for him is pretty good.

Keep in mind, Curry, Thompson, and RJ were all 40%+ 3 point shooters last season. They would be absolutely DANGEROUS with Pau/Bynum kicking it out to them. When they knock down their shots, Pau and Bynum would rarely see doubles.

When I look at how Bynum/Pau play, if they just had reliable 3 point shooters around them, that's all we really need. None of our players right now could be called reliable from 3. NONE.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-17-2012, 12:09 PM
typical hater who focuses on the irrational

i am not one who has any blinders on when it comes to kobe... i clearly understand his limitations...

unfortunately your blind hatred made you miss my entire point...

tis to be expected from a person who follows an inferior organization like the hawks... must be frustrating to root for a loser team and organization year after year... maybe they could afford to field a team if fans actually showed up :clap:

I dont see what the Hawks have to do with Kobe Bryant being a cancer on your team. LOL I guess if we all picked winning teams to be fans of then there wouldnt be but 3 or 4 teams in the league :clap:

Irrational? How is it irrational, please tell me the last time Kobe Bryant hit a game winning playoff shot or played well in a Game 7 game? If it wasnt for Gasol playing very hard and Artest playing suffocating defense they probably wouldnt have beat the Nuggets. If it wasnt for Gasol and Artest, Kobe would still be sitting on 4 rings. Kobe is getting old....like nature intended. He needs to take a step back and be a role player and have more trust in his teammates.

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 12:10 PM
no ... common misconception...

NO never sumbitted the trade for approval to the NBA office... if it had it could not have been vetoed...

stern turned down the deal as the appointed representative of the ownership group (which was all the teams in the league).

Didn't Stern veto it first, then he realized the NBA owns NOH and said he just didn't approve of the trade?

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 12:10 PM
The thing is, Pau and Gasol are great post players. They aren't as quick or as athletic as say, Dwight Howard.

How is Kobe supposed to get assists off of Bynum/Pau posting up? How are Bynum/Pau supposed to fight off double teams each time they post up? The Lakers DO NOT have good shooters on the perimeter... doubling Pau and Bynum doesn't hurt much when the Lakers miss so many outside shots.

plenty of shooters and scorers were available at the deadline... it is the FO fault for being cheap and not using the chips they had to secure the perimeter players

Barbosa (major playoff contributor)
Young (major playoff contributor)
Crawford
Beasley

and those are just a few

bucketss
05-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Nope, Stern vetoed it right from the beginning.

Then, he reconsidered and asked LAL to add more to the offer so LAL and HOU tried putting a better offer on the table. NBA Owners then all started whining and Stern said no again to the better offer.

the owners tried to pin it on him but in an email obtained by yahoo it showed dan gilbert pmsing over the whole thing saying it would be a travesty if the trade went down and demanded it put on a vote of the 29 owners

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Didn't Stern veto it first, then he realized the NBA owns NOH and said he just didn't approve of the trade?

no... the deal was never sent to the league office for approval... if it had been they could not have rejected it because it conformed to the CBA...

he turned it down when the GM in NO presented it to him for sign off as the owners representative...

he has been clear on this in every interview... especially the part about not being able to reject it as commissioner

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
the owners tried to pin it on him but in an email obtained by yahoo it showed dan gilbert pmsing over the whole thing saying it would be a travesty if the trade went down and demanded it put on a vote of the 29 owners

Dan Gilbert as a team owner appointed Stern to oversee the NO team so he had every right to voice his opinion...

Mr.ATLHawks
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM

Miami doesnt have great shooters either and no post game so how does Lebron do it. Driving and creating/sucking people in and dishing off. Kobe was doing it at the begininng of the year, driving and throwing lobs to Bynum...he does it during the regular season, but whenever the playoffs come Kobe goes into some other mode. I like Dwight Howard but lets face it he is still clueless on offense, I dont think that would have helped the Lakers at all. All of them are slewfooted IMO, Shaq had better lateral quickness then all of them. I guess its just the age of the big man. I would just like to see Kobe grow up, cmon man he cant do this his whole career its ridiculous. He has 5 rings and has to know you need all 12 guys on the same page to win.

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 12:20 PM
plenty of shooters and scorers were available at the deadline... it is the FO fault for being cheap and not using the chips they had to secure the perimeter players

Barbosa (major playoff contributor)
Young (major playoff contributor)
Crawford
Beasley

and those are just a few

Yea, I agree.

But also, I think Curry, Thompson, and RJ would be somewhat "perfect" around Gasol and Bynum because they don't demand a ton of shots and all 3 are capable of creating for themselves and others. Not only that, but they are all 40%+ from 3.

While none of them are all-star caliber, I would really just love to watch a team play as a team rather than rely on our superstars to win it all.

Kobe at his age, isn't going to be demanding much in trades. This trade might not even be something GSW would consider.

One last thing, even though Kobe has the No Trade Clause, the Lakers could just threaten to amnesty him.

Also, I'm not just overreacting to the loss, I still have faith (a tiny bit) we can pull this one out. I'm just worried about what happens when Kobe retires and what's best for the Lakers in general.

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Miami doesnt have great shooters either and no post game so how does Lebron do it. Driving and creating/sucking people in and dishing off. Kobe was doing it at the begininng of the year, driving and throwing lobs to Bynum...he does it during the regular season, but whenever the playoffs come Kobe goes into some other mode. I like Dwight Howard but lets face it he is still clueless on offense, I dont think that would have helped the Lakers at all. All of them are slewfooted IMO, Shaq had better lateral quickness then all of them. I guess its just the age of the big man. I would just like to see Kobe grow up, cmon man he cant do this his whole career its ridiculous. He has 5 rings and has to know you need all 12 guys on the same page to win.

Lebron has Chalmers, Miller, and Battier who are all more reliable than any Laker from 3. In fact, they are so much more reliable than any Laker that I'd bet if we took all of Kobe's kickouts to Metta/Sessions/Barnes/Blake and changed their percentages to those of Chalmers, Miller, and Battier... his APG would jump up automatically by at least 1. Kobe would no doubt kick it out more if it were more effective. I'd say Kobe's APG would jump to about 6-7.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 12:27 PM
I dont see what the Hawks have to do with Kobe Bryant being a cancer on your team. LOL I guess if we all picked winning teams to be fans of then there wouldnt be but 3 or 4 teams in the league :clap:

Irrational? How is it irrational, please tell me the last time Kobe Bryant hit a game winning playoff shot or played well in a Game 7 game? If it wasnt for Gasol playing very hard and Artest playing suffocating defense they probably wouldnt have beat the Nuggets. If it wasnt for Gasol and Artest, Kobe would still be sitting on 4 rings. Kobe is getting old....like nature intended. He needs to take a step back and be a role player and have more trust in his teammates.

your analysis of game 7 against Denver proves any kind of intelligent discussion about Kobe's play to be futile...

All i would say is ask Ty Lawson how that 4th quarter worked out for him

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Kobe cost them the game...Hand the franchise to Bynum before it's too late!

Tanakid777
05-17-2012, 12:34 PM

Really? Are you sure both Pau and Gasol are great players? I heard Bynum was pretty good. :p

sp1derm00
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Really? Are you sure both Pau and Gasol are great players? I heard Bynum was pretty good. :p

hahah you know what I meant... :)

I'd just like to see how teams would handle us if we actually had reliable shooters outside.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Yea, I agree.

But also, I think Curry, Thompson, and RJ would be somewhat "perfect" around Gasol and Bynum because they don't demand a ton of shots and all 3 are capable of creating for themselves and others. Not only that, but they are all 40%+ from 3.

While none of them are all-star caliber, I would really just love to watch a team play as a team rather than rely on our superstars to win it all.

Kobe at his age, isn't going to be demanding much in trades. This trade might not even be something GSW would consider.

One last thing, even though Kobe has the No Trade Clause, the Lakers could just threaten to amnesty him.

Also, I'm not just overreacting to the loss, I still have faith (a tiny bit) we can pull this one out. I'm just worried about what happens when Kobe retires and what's best for the Lakers in general.

I can understand you like those guys but there is just no way kobe would allow that to happen nor do i think the FO would do that deal because Bidrenes is untradeable

as for amnesty... kobe would call their bluff and quite frankly it makes no financial sense...

lets say they amnesty kobe... they are still over the salary cap... so that would net them a full mle player and they would still have to pay kobe... what would they really save in LT payment because you know they would use the Lamar TPE to look somewhat competitive...

would you like to see a laker roster without kobe and everyone else at the same level plus two guys for $13 million (TPE+MLE) = $71 million plus kobe's deal for a total of $99 million

or the Lakers with kobe... trade Gasol reducing overall payroll and basically get those same 2 players (if not more) resulting in an all in payroll including LT of no more than $93 million and still have the TPE and mini-mle available?

the decision seems pretty easy to me ... and i am certain the FO also

smith&wesson
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
lakers need nash..

he can feed the bigs, he can play the 1-2 game with kobe, he can shoot from the out side. it would be a perfect fit.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 01:12 PM
lakers need nash..

he can feed the bigs, he can play the 1-2 game with kobe, he can shoot from the out side. it would be a perfect fit.

There is no doubt that nash would be an improvement

but bynum is no different than shaq (in terms of mobility) and would only get in the way...

you would have to add other atheltic wing players if both bynum and Pau stick around...

in fact if there was anyway to get Nash the lakers would immediately go back after the D12 trade...

not gonna happen cuz Nash hates the kobe and the lakers anyway so whatever...

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
05-17-2012, 01:15 PM
i find it kind of refreshing that someone doesnt seem to be enjoying playing in LA. bynum should go the hornets next year just so his shirt would say NO LA

Stinkyoutsider
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Bynum is a trip? Kobe will get in him during practice. If I'm Kobe, I've got no time for this kind of ****?

Bynum does have a point though. But he needs to bring it to Kobe's attention in the locker room, not to the media. It's great to call out a teammate but do it to their face in the locker room.

Hellcrooner
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Bynum is a trip? Kobe will get in him during practice. If I'm Kobe, I've got no time for this kind of ****?

Bynum does have a point though. But he needs to bring it to Kobe's attention in the locker room, not to the media. It's great to call out a teammate but do it to their face in the locker room.

except kobe has been calling out teamates his whole careers in the media.

So, time to be on teh receivers end.

jericho
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM

yep dynasty while shaq was getting old he was still shaq he was still puitting up good numbers hell he even put decent numbers when he was with the suns
and yes the lakers stole the rings from the kings by the way i aint a kings fan you are jumping to conclusions
i hate kobe but i got to give it to him he has evolved with from athletic slashing wing man that he was to a post up and 1 of the best closer in the game
by the way i hate bynum i just dont see what everybody else see in him fine 1 day he gives you a monster game then the next 3 he doesnt do ****
i just found it ironic that the same thing kobe did to shaq bynum will probably try to do to him although i really dont see the lakers trading kobe he will retire a laker
oh by the way the garden is always rocking staples center aint :p

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Kobe is a ball hog. He needs to feed Bynum the ball more

Punk
05-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Bynum of all people needs to shut up. How many times has he not shown up? They wouldn't be down 0-2 if he played better in Game 1 in the first place.

He's the last person to be calling out people.

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 03:08 PM
yep dynasty while shaq was getting old he was still shaq he was still puitting up good numbers hell he even put decent numbers when he was with the suns
and yes the lakers stole the rings from the kings by the way i aint a kings fan you are jumping to conclusions
i hate kobe but i got to give it to him he has evolved with from athletic slashing wing man that he was to a post up and 1 of the best closer in the game
by the way i hate bynum i just dont see what everybody else see in him fine 1 day he gives you a monster game then the next 3 he doesnt do ****
i just found it ironic that the same thing kobe did to shaq bynum will probably try to do to him although i really dont see the lakers trading kobe he will retire a laker
oh by the way the garden is always rocking staples center aint :p

Shaq/Dwade plus supporting cast was WAY better than what Shaq/Kobe would have had back in 2004/2005...

Don't forget who they lost after the detroit debacle

Malone, Payton, Horry, Fox, George, Fisher, Grant

Dynasty? Cmon... they got rid of Shaq because they knew they weren't gonna win going forward...

as far as stealing the ring... believe what you want... the lakers got no more calls then as the favorite than every favorite since (look at game 1 of Heat/Pacers for the latest example)... it sucks but we all know how it works in the NBA...

The Garden might be rockin but the rafters are pretty empty :p

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Kobe is a ball hog. He needs to feed Bynum the ball more

yep... you must watch alot of games...

kobe led the team in assists again last night...

those two stud PG's of the Lakers had a whopping

ZERO ASSISTS

That wouldn't be an NBA playoff record would it... oh yeah... it is :facepalm:

but yeah... keep up the good logic :clap:

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2012, 03:35 PM
yep... you must watch alot of games...

kobe led the team in assists again last night...

those two stud PG's of the Lakers had a whopping

ZERO ASSISTS

That wouldn't be an NBA playoff record would it... oh yeah... it is :facepalm:

but yeah... keep up the good logic :clap:

Did he lead them in assist the last 2 minutes? Or did he jack up a 3 and turned the ball over twice and cost them the game?

Nice try...but love.your homerism :clap:

Vinylman
05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Did he lead them in assist the last 2 minutes? Or did he jack up a 3 and turned the ball over twice and cost them the game?

Nice try...but love.your homerism :clap:

As a Laker fan i could care less about this year... we aren't winning anything this year and quite frankly a win last night would have been fools gold because the Thunder will always have 1 or 2 bad shooting nights per series... but never more than that over 7 games...

Smart Laker fans were hoping we lost game 7 to Denver which would have assured the departure of mr potatohead and the two bigs

now, mr potatohead probably gets another year and drew MIGHT not be traded but awarded with a max deal

Mr_Amaziing
05-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Bynum is digging himself into a deep hole

John Walls Era
05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Bynum of all people needs to shut up. How many times has he not shown up? They wouldn't be down 0-2 if he played better in Game 1 in the first place.

How much more heart does he need to show you? He was the only Laker last year to do something when the Mavs were giving the Lakers a bukkake. Bynum is finally speaking up because hes sick of losing. But yeah he should just shut up and let Mike Brown ruin the team.

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2012, 05:33 PM

:facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Kobe prides himself on getting on other players @$$E$ when they screw up, Bynum is just taking Kobe's lead. There is no reason the Lakers should have lost that game. They gave it away. Bynum is just calling it like it is.

beasted86
05-17-2012, 06:21 PM

Actually he doesn't mention any of this crap, and topics like this show how much a joke the PSD NBA Forum is.

lakersfan01
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
If the Lakers want to re-sign the Kraken Andrew Bynum, they will have to amnesty the cancer Kobeme Brett Favre Bryant. Don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out you selfish ****!!!

Andrew Bynum is the new sheriff in town. Kobe is the washed up has been that is incapable of being a team player!!!

Raph12
05-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Bynum has sucked offensively in the playoffs, he needs to put up or shut up. Although what he's saying isn't necessarily wrong, he's isn't in any position to talk.

lakersfan01
05-17-2012, 06:36 PM

Your username fits you well

famous9671
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM

ah no both teams agreed to the trade then stern rejected it

popo85
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
That inbound pass straight to Durant was a XMas gift

John Walls Era
05-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Bynum has sucked offensively in the playoffs, he needs to put up or shut up. Although what he's saying isn't necessarily wrong, he's isn't in any position to talk.

Bynum does w.e. he wants whenever he wants. He doesn't need to be quiet and be scared of the more inferior loud mouth players on the team (basically everyone).

GiantsSwaGG
05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Your username fits you well

Don't pay him any mind. His own fan base doesn't acknowledge him

SeoulBeatz
05-17-2012, 07:47 PM
andrew is jokes lol.

I do wish he would take the game more seriously, I honestly think he's more effective than Dwight Howard when he plays up to his potential.

I remember after his 9 block game against the nuggets he said "I was just going after every shot, and I saw how it was helping the team so I kept doing it".

Really Andrew? You didn't realize that trying your hardest on defense is going to help the team? YOU'VE BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR 7 YEARS IDIOT!

That really spoke volumes for me, he's so immature but he's got all the tools to be the best center in the game. Just don't know if he'll reach that level because he gets so easily frustrated and he doesn't realize his own worth.