PDA

View Full Version : Chicago will not be using there amnesty on Boozer..yet

spreadeagle
05-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Bulls fans have turned Carlos Boozer into their whipping boy — all problems seem to be his fault, from issues like consistent post scoring to NATO summit protestors. To me, Boozer has seemed like what he always has been and Bulls fans sound like Jazz fans three years ago.

But sorry Bulls fans, Boozer is coming back.

While there have been calls from fans to use the amnesty clause on him, GM Gar Forman told The Mully and Hanley Show on 670 The Score, as transcribed by CBS Chicago.

“I think Carlos had a very productive year,” Forman said. “You look back, he’s the only guy on our team that played every game and practiced every day on a team that won more games than anybody in the NBA. He was our second leading scorer and our second leading rebounder. We’re looking forward to Carlos continuing to make progress. I know the last game clouds it a little bit, but he was very productive in the games before that. Even in that last game, in 27 minutes, he had 13 boards. I anticipate Carlos being with us and having another productive year next season.

“We’re happy Carlos Boozer is here and we like the core of the team that we have under contract.”

The problem with using the amnesty clause on Boozer is that you can’t just swap out his salary. Next Year Derrick Rose will start the first year of his five-year, $95 million deal, which means even if you amnesty Boozer the Bulls will be over the salary cap and only able to use things like the mid-level exception to bring in players. You can’t just bring in another $15 million a year free agent, that’s not how it works.

It might not be shocking to see the Bulls amnesty Boozer in a year or two to make sure they get under the luxury tax threshold. But to do now wouldn’t work because you can’t replace him and, despite what some Bulls fans think, they are not better off without him. That’s an efficient 15 and 9 a game you have to replace.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/16/bulls-gm-says-fans-can-expect-carlos-boozer-back/

D1JM
05-17-2012, 02:01 AM
no ****. we all knew

bholly
05-17-2012, 02:14 AM
no ****. we all knew

this. it was pretty obvious given their salary situation.

Canterbury
05-17-2012, 02:54 AM
I like how you posted this in the NBA forum when the title specifically addresses Bulls fans.

LakersMaster24
05-17-2012, 03:10 AM
I dont give 2 ***** about the Bulls, their franchise, or what their management is going to do with Boozer. So the moderators can you please take this BULLS thread and put it in the BULLS forum.

Bulls_fan90
05-17-2012, 03:11 AM
^Yet you felt the need to click on the thread and voice your opinion? lol

Why would we amnesty him? In a few years? Sure, makes no sense now though.

JiffyMix88
05-17-2012, 03:43 AM
^Yet you felt the need to click on the thread and voice your opinion? lol

Why would we amnesty him? In a few years? Sure, makes no sense now though.

cause he'd rather have threads open up about the Lakers, or how Kobe single handedly lost the game by turning the ball over in 2 straight possesions or how he took two ******** shots in a row all in a 4 possesion sequence

TylerSL
05-17-2012, 04:01 AM
cause he'd rather have threads open up about the Lakers, or how Kobe single handedly lost the game by turning the ball over in 2 straight possesions or how he took two ******** shots in a row all in a 4 possesion sequence

nah, 85% of Laker fans are homers, he'd rather have threads about how Kobe should have 8 rings and 3 MVP's by now. haha

D.O.N.
05-17-2012, 04:18 AM
It does not matter. they wont have money to sign somebody better anyway

Fresno
05-17-2012, 04:27 AM
The Bulls are going to have to run a Pick n Roll offense built around Boozer next season anyways without Rose & Deng for the first 1/2 of the season.

He'll be able to be the focal point of the Bulls offense as he expected.

Boozer also will be able to raise his trade value around the NBA in hopes that some GM sees that and decides to trade for him.

superior
05-17-2012, 04:30 AM
I dont give 2 ***** about the Bulls, their franchise, or what their management is going to do with Boozer. So the moderators can you please take this BULLS thread and put it in the BULLS forum.

LMAO! whats with this guy?

1. You need a girlfriend
2. You need to move out of your grandmas basement
3. You need to figure out that a titty doesnt really feel like a bag of sand

lanegfe
05-17-2012, 06:05 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1I like how you posted this in the NBA forum when the title specifically addresses Bulls fans.

the title specifically addresses Bulls fans.

LTBaByyy
05-17-2012, 06:16 AM
If the Bulls amnesty Boozer he will go wherever his bestfriend Dwight will be and wont sign for much since he will still get payed by Bulls

Boozer (Thats healthy and happy) and Howard is scary

jimm120
05-17-2012, 06:32 AM
I like how you posted this in the NBA forum when the title specifically addresses Bulls fans.

I'm not a bulls fan but anything amnesty is nba related.

3ballbomber
05-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Did Blake rattle your cage?

theheatles
05-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Bulls aren't winning any championships with boozer but they can't be better off without him. If somehow they could have added KG and Ray Allen to replace Boozer, that might of made sense but there's no way they come to chicago with rose coming off his injury

DaBUU
05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
The Bulls are going to have to run a Pick n Roll offense built around Boozer next season anyways without Rose & Deng for the first 1/2 of the season.

Boozer also will be able to raise his trade value around the NBA in hopes that some GM sees that and decides to trade for him.

if he stay, this should be the plan.

Gators123
05-17-2012, 11:06 AM

Its not that serious, bro.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Carlos Boozer = 3rd grossest contract in the NBA

Pierzynski4Prez
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
If the Bulls amnesty Boozer he will go wherever his bestfriend Dwight will be and wont sign for much since he will still get payed by Bulls

Boozer (Thats healthy and happy) and Howard is scary

Amnestied players don't get to choose which team they go to, unless every other team in the league passes on the chance to have Boozer for dirt cheap.

Ill21
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM

Nobody forced you to come into this thread.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Carlos Boozer = 3rd grossest contract in the NBA

Worst is clearly Joe Johnson, but then you have guys who are owed less than Boozer, but who's production is a lot worse considering what they are owed yearly. Depends on how you look at it.

Tyrus Thomas
Rashard Lewis
Brendan Haywood
Biedrens
Okafor
Gooden
Turk
Brand

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Huge mistake signing him in the first place.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-17-2012, 12:01 PM
How so? What was left in the big man department that summer after Bosh and Amare had signed with their teams? We had the space that summer, and really that summer only before Noah's extension and now Rose's kicked in and we desperately needed a big.

We gave him 75 mil, Amare got over 100, Bosh got over 100. Wasn't a mistake whatsoever. Yes, we all want some better production for his contract, but its better than not having him on the roster.

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Would have been better off just signing david lee.

Like another poster said, dont see the bulls winning a ring or even getting past miami with boozer being the #2 option.

celtNYpatsHeels
05-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Worst is clearly Joe Johnson, but then you have guys who are owed less than Boozer, but who's production is a lot worse considering what they are owed yearly. Depends on how you look at it.

Tyrus Thomas
Rashard Lewis
Brendan Haywood
Biedrens
Okafor
Gooden
Turk
Brand

True, all have are overpaid. But im talking about money being owed moving forward.

1 Johnson
2 Amare
3 Boozer

All of them products of the Lebron sweepstakes

uprightciti
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
d rose out for 8 to 12 months!

boozer sucks

asik is gone

and noah is a joke of a center top 25 for sure but thats it

the bulls are looking more and more like a lottery team again lol

haggis
05-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Like another poster said, dont see the bulls winning a ring or even getting past miami with boozer being the #2 option.

So would the Bulls be in a position to win a title with David Lee as the #2 option?

d rose out for 8 to 12 months!

boozer sucks

asik is gone

and noah is a joke of a center top 25 for sure but thats it

the bulls are looking more and more like a lottery team again lol

Nailed it! :hi5:

Yunqn
05-17-2012, 12:29 PM
The bulls would replace brewer,watson and korver with butler,lucas and a three point shooter before they get to there starting 5..

Find a "james jones" who can shoot just as good and gets paid less..
Then it becomes..

Brewer watson & korver = 13.1 mill...
Lucas ,butler & a "jones like contract"= 3.4 mill .. 9.7 mill off cap

Thats before you even get to look at moving boozer which i would look to do ..

Example..Think about a paul millsap like replacement ..

Boozer = 13.5 mill alone..
Millsap = 8.1 mill.... Thats 5.4 mill off cap.. And maybe the better/younger player..

Thats 15.1 mill off just between boozer,brewer,watson,&korver.. You have basically still the same team and same dna..

and thats still without even thinking about moving deng.. Which maybe needed in the future because of his insane contract vs production value..

No way they loom to move noah.. Unless its for dwight straight up..Obvs.

Bulls have too much depth.. They will be fine.. We still have the bobcats pick which maybe deng's replacement.. and rose's sidekick..

Yunqn
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM

The miami era will be shorter than what people think .. Especially if wade goes down more as he ages..

DaBulls311
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM

This.

Hopefully, trading Boozer will be one of the few positives for the Bulls next season (other than Rose coming back healthy of course).

DeyAce
05-17-2012, 12:43 PM
I dislike Gar and Paxon. Bulls need a better GM

sixers247
05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Dwight Howard must have alot of Best Friends....

kozelkid
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM

Who cares?

Doesn't look like Miami can even get past Indiana or Boston anyway.

kozelkid
05-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Seriously, people don't get it. While I hate Boozer as much as the next guy, we had the cap space to use or lose. Even though Boozer isn't worth his contract, he's still better to have on this team than not.

BULLSFAN0810
05-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Its not only Boozer, its Deng.. If Boozer goes SEND DENG TOO. Deng has been here 9 years , and getting paid to be a 3rd option, when he can barely put up 15... A good 15. He was outplayed played by A.i, and Deng was the all star. When rose went down Deng supposed to stepped up.he failed. Find a way to blow this up. Keep, rose, butler, korver, gibson, noah asik, lucas...and trade every one else. really its the f.o look at other teams alotta them got one Bulls player. Milwaukee, okc, gsw, mia, ny, phoenix, bobcats, etc...why did we trade kirk, and we needed a back up? Why trade for boozer when he was exposed by Gasol in Utah. We missed the KG trade, Gasol, Tmac, melo..etc..so imo, f.o needs to blow it up while rose is hurt and fix this trash before miami and okc wins, and of either wins before us, Rose may neve win one for us.