PDA

View Full Version : Should Haslem retire after this season?

JNoel
05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Haslem has been a blue-collar, hard worker ever since we signed him as an undrafted rookie who has been a great story, but as of this season, he almost tends to disappear and is not getting as many rebounds as he used to especially as of lately. Haslem is coming off last seasons surgery and has not hustled at times during the season and playoffs and it brings up the question, Should he retire? I personally think so but I know some of you might disagree

justinnum1
05-16-2012, 10:29 PM
he's not retiring, he needs to get his *** in a gym and train tho, he didnt train at all during the summer. I think haslem will have a much better season next year, at least i hope.

Mr. Baller
05-16-2012, 10:31 PM
No. He won't retire nor should he.

Houston_Heat
05-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Lol, UD is no where near as bad as other players on the roster.. **cough** miller, jones, turiaf, howard **cough** We as heat fans are just used to him being consistent. everyones entitled to an off year. For instance, Mike Miller hasn't had one good year.

Master Mind
05-17-2012, 12:56 AM
What? :laugh2:

Rain 816
05-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Really???...........Really??????

naps
05-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Shut up!

UD's been horrible this year but he's faaaaaaaar from being a worst.

Now, the player I don't want in Heat uniform anymore is the following...

Ever since Mike Miller was signed I have been supporting him no matter what because I had faith in his game. He was such a brilliant all-round player. But I think I have seen him enough. It's time to let him go. His health is a risk and he can't show up anymore even when he's healthy. We have to look forward to ship him out if possible or just amnesty him. Before someone comes in and say he does other things on the floor, let me say he used to do other things but not anymore. He doesn't do any good for Miami Heat basketball at this point of his career.

TylerSL
05-17-2012, 04:23 AM
no he shouldnt and we shouldnt amnesty Miller either. IMO Battier has been worse than Miller this season. At least Miller hits his shots when he is WIDE OPEN!!!....

heattiltheend94
05-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Battier has been a really good defender (exception of Melo in first round), gets steals, and takes charges. While it's ashame his shot hasn't been good, he's still played better way than Milller overall

unleashthebeast
05-17-2012, 06:30 AM
And this right here is why people on this site laugh at our fanbase sometimes.

Of course he shouldn't retire. He is having an off year, everyone has one from time to time. A lot of players had off years this year because of the lockout. Haslem wasn't fully prepared for this season, but he will be just fine next year. And like others have already said, he still is much better than some of the other guys on our team.

flashwade03
05-17-2012, 09:39 AM
NO !! ..if this is the case then half of the team should retire after this season .. :laugh:

heatbb
05-17-2012, 02:58 PM
What? :laugh2:

+1

I don't like Haslem2012 either but come on. Thinking he should retire because of that is just nonsense.

dnewguy
05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Haslem should either retire or be traded, he's useless....plain and simple. We pay him too much to be garbage, if he was making Eddy Curry money I wont complain.

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Haslem should either retire or be traded, he's useless....plain and simple. We pay him too much to be garbage, if he was making Eddy Curry money I wont complain.

lmao, he makes 3.5mil.

piratepete
05-17-2012, 05:24 PM
trade every one ex wade and lebron and get nothing the nba isnt the same anymore fase it you can hand pick the good players from every team to me and their not even allstars

Mambo Kings
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
lmao, he makes 3.5mil.

I thought it was more like 5 million. Either way, 3.5 million for what he's giving us is still too high. Our money is so tight and we need upgrades. For example, a few extra million could put us in Steve Nash territory after the season. Who would you rather have? And don't forget we blew getting Samuel Dalembert because we didn't have any money.

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 05:32 PM
I thought it was more like 5 million. Either way, 3.5 million for what he's giving us is still too high. Our money is so tight and we need upgrades. For example, a few extra million could put us in Steve Nash territory after the season. Who would you rather have? And don't forget we blew getting Samuel Dalembert because we didn't have any money.

Wrong, we are over the cap and into the luxury tax, we only have the mini mle to spend. maybe if we amnesty miller we could get the full MLE, but you cant just cut UD and spend that money on someone else.

Mambo Kings
05-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Wrong, we are over the cap and into the luxury tax, we only have the mini mle to spend. maybe if we amnesty miller we could get the full MLE, but you cant just cut UD and spend that money on someone else.

Honestly, it's been a while since I studied our financial situation. It started making me ill so I ignored it for a while. But Riley is going to clean house this summer, he must. He wanted a DYNASTY - instead he's getting two straight years of failure and no sign of future hope. Someone's getting traded. Players will be cut. Pat knows we can't wait forever.

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Honestly, it's been a while since I studied our financial situation. It started making me ill so I ignored it for a while. But Riley is going to clean house this summer, he must. He wanted a DYNASTY - instead he's getting two straight years of failure and no sign of future hope. Someone's getting traded. Players will be cut. Pat knows we can't wait forever.

Riley can clean everyone out but the big 3, but we still would have nothing to spend but 5mil dollars.

piratepete
05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
i would say trade every one but lebron and then what

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 05:53 PM
i would say trade every one but lebron and then what

you want to trade wade?

piratepete
05-17-2012, 06:01 PM
i never like bosh from the beging overated big man that can find the hole rather stay out side and not get scratch haslem to busy being bob marley mike miller on the injured list and chalmers turnig the ball over i like anothys hustle but he cant bye a basket if you pay him $1000 per shot who else is left o howard he should but a miniskirt and get himself some bom bom because thats all he does

piratepete
05-17-2012, 06:04 PM
look guys stockton and malone were more nasty and harder to defend then are big 3

piratepete
05-17-2012, 06:11 PM
but i will stick bye my team till the end win or lose indiana take us in 6 if are bench dont produce fast wade and lebron no more gas in their tanks bye then

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 06:11 PM
look guys stockton and malone were more nasty and harder to defend then are big 3

lmao, you do know miami would have won the ring last year had bron not choked, and still can very well win it this year.

piratepete
05-17-2012, 06:19 PM
last year haslem was a good player with no pay check and this year he got cot with an oz of weed he got paid he doesnt play with heart like last year and most inportent they didnt play almost 5 games a week

beasted86
05-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, Haslem should retire so that Juwan Howard can get some more minutes.

#dumbideasforadumbtopic

gregorycrowson1
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
He won't retire regardless of the fact his mid-range game disappeared this season he still brings toughness physicality and rebounding.

piratepete
05-17-2012, 07:18 PM
lmao, you do know miami would have won the ring last year had bron not choked, and still can very well win it this year. i change my mine indiana in 5

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 07:19 PM
i change my mine indiana in 5

fair weather fan

CHANGO
05-17-2012, 10:01 PM
It amaze me that we have a thread for Haslem... Haslem?? Are you frikking kidding me?? Wade doing the ridiculous and we are talking about Haslem? Haslem?

GTFO...

Oh yeah, Haslem is the easy one to blame, Spo too, then the bench, Bosh and Lebron. Wade?? Nope, he's a proven winner...

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 10:03 PM
wade was trash tonight and this series. Thats obvious, but our defense is what worries me. We have no answer for hibbert and are getting out rebounded by 15.

piratepete
05-17-2012, 10:33 PM
what happin to last year team lmao that was last year look at the facts and relize it. we had hard time with ny and we had bosh and their where 4 players and 1/2 short and indiana is no okc or san antonio spurs and thier mush older team then us no excuses to start no real big man in the middle and PG that is very streaky has 1 out 5 games good no help on the per to spread the floor no one ever hits a three consistant . i think this team will be split up before they can leave on their own remeber they have a bye out after 3 years so in 2014 they can leave on their own

JNoel
05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
It amaze me that we have a thread for Haslem... Haslem?? Are you frikking kidding me?? Wade doing the ridiculous and we are talking about Haslem? Haslem?

GTFO...

Oh yeah, Haslem is the easy one to blame, Spo too, then the bench, Bosh and Lebron. Wade?? Nope, he's a proven winner...

Face it guys, LeBron and Wade to this point have failed to get it figured out without bosh. Wade is a type of player that he needs the ball almost at all times to be effective and James always having the ball messed up wade today. Haslem is not the one to blame, we know what we are going to get from him but Battier and Miller need to consistently make their 3's if were gonna have a chance

justinnum1
05-17-2012, 10:45 PM
nah, wade settling for jumpers and playing with an overall malaise was his problem. Not once did i see him to cut to the basket, just standing around the perimiter waiting for the ball so he could chuck it up.