PDA

View Full Version : Which team has a better chance making it to the ECF, 76ers or Pacers?

LTBaByyy
05-16-2012, 04:59 PM
They both sit at 1-1, who do y'all think has a better chance at making the ECF?

Chacarron
05-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Assuming Bosh is out for the entire series, the Pacers have a better chance at making the ECF.

Chronz
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Sixers were the least clutch team in the NBA, Pacers were the most clutch team in terms of production in close game situations. The Pacers got more W's the Sixers have better efficiency #'s. It truly exemplifies the old school vs new school approach.

Ill take the Sixers but only cuz Pierce isnt healthy. Im still taking Miami against Indy even without Bosh but yesterday was a bad sign.

justinnum1
05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
76ers

LTBaByyy
05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Hibbert and George will become stars in this series, funny because Granger is supposed to be the star on that team

Chronz
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0515/nba_g_chalmers22_cr_576.jpg

BTW Chalmers was fouled on the last shot

GoPacers33
05-16-2012, 05:15 PM

and...

there are many bad calls in every game, there is no reason for making excuses when you cant change the outcome

Longhornfan1234
05-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Pacers. LeBron can't win with those scrubs. No Bosh and Wade is playing like a scrub. When your Robin is shooting 35 % from the field and 24% on jump shots, you can't expect to win.

JWO35
05-16-2012, 05:17 PM
The Indiana Pacers.

Ebbs
Sixers. Pacers wonèt win another one.

justinnum1
Pacers. LeBron can't win with those scrubs. No Bosh and Wade is playing like a scrub. When your Robin is shooting 35 % from the field and 24% on jump shots, you can't expect to win.

Doesn't help when lebron is choking at the line late in the 4th either.

tcav701
05-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I all honesty, I think this thread should be titled "who has the better chance of making the ECF, the Celtics or the Heat?"

LT.CARDWISIE
05-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Sixers and Pacers will meet for ECF finals

Ebbs
05-16-2012, 05:20 PM

If you blame LBJ for that loss I question your loyalty as a heat fan.

The only 3 things you need to know.

- Your third option is gone
- Your 2nd option played poorly
- No one else on the team scored more than 5. . .

LeBron is beasting this post season again they lost 1 game this series and his own fans have started to throw him under the bus.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM

But they don't call that stuff at the end. I know throughout his career, a lot of times when Kobe has missed the game winner, a lot of times he's been hit on the elbow, wrist, or forearm but it was never called.

In that situation, refs have been consistent in swallowing their whistles.

But Karma was a ***** to Chalmers when he flopped after that shot. Basketball gods weren't going to let him get that call.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Sixers and Pacers will meet for ECF finals

I think Boston is too much of a veteran ball club and I think Doc will outcoach Collins as this series goes deeper.

Chronz
05-16-2012, 05:26 PM
and...

there are many bad calls in every game, there is no reason for making excuses when you cant change the outcome
And I dont like there being fouls like that in the final possession.

Chronz
05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
But they don't call that stuff at the end. I know throughout his career, a lot of times when Kobe has missed the game winner, a lot of times he's been hit on the elbow, wrist, or forearm but it was never called.

But Karma was a ***** to Chalmers when he flopped after that shot. Basketball gods weren't going to let him get that call.

I disagree, they usually call those. Melo got that call in the series vs The Heat.

Chronz
05-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I think Boston is too much of a veteran ball club and I think Doc will outcoach Collins as this series goes deeper.

Isnt that the problem? Too veteran laced

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I disagree, they usually call those. Melo got that call in the series vs The Heat.

I can't remember, what Melo's shot at the very very end or was it with a minute to play.

That difference actually plays a huge role in the refs mind.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Isnt that the problem? Too veteran laced

Yes and no. I think their veteran experience will overcome Sixers youth. Their veterans, that's why they were lolly gagging those first 2 games. I think them having HCA and all their main guys getting healthier catapults them to a 6 or 7 game series victory over Philly.

theLgndKllr35
05-16-2012, 05:34 PM
It really sucks for the Sixers and the Pacers because even if one of those two makes it out of the East, they are just going to get run by either the Thunder or the Spurs.

Chronz
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Yes and no. I think their veteran experience will overcome Sixers youth. Their veterans, that's why they were lolly gagging those first 2 games. I think them having HCA and all their main guys getting healthier catapults them to a 6 or 7 game series victory over Philly.

If Pierce wakes up Im with you.

I can't remember, what Melo's shot at the very very end or was it with a minute to play.

That difference actually plays a huge role in the refs mind.
It was with Shane Battier and the Heat being able to win, sounds like your reaching tho. I dont think it plays a HUGE difference, its a play that ultimately decides their chances.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
It was with Shane Battier and the Heat being able to win, sounds like your reaching tho. I dont think it plays a HUGE difference, its a play that ultimately decides their chances.

Well, I just don't think Heat fans can blame it on the refs on that last call for the reason why they lost. It was poor offensive execution and missed free throws down the stretch that cost them the game, and the inability to stop Barbosa from getting into the paint at will for those back-breaking layups.

smith&wesson
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
ill go with the pacers. but i think both have a chance. they just have to beleive, and want it really bad.

Public Enemy #1
05-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Sixers have a better chance. The Celtics are obviously not the same team they were a few years ago on the defensive end, doesn't help that Paul Pierce is injured and not playing at full impact. Sixers have home court advantage right now, I think they have a better shot.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I'll go with the Pacers... I think they match up well against Miami. I mean, they came out of Miami 1-1 and their best player wasn't even playing at his best. I don't think the Heat are that much worse without Bosh, I think they can still compete without him, but Hibbert and West and Hansborough can all score in the post and Miami now only has a couple guys that can work the post defensively. The 76ers I think will be playing an experienced Boston team that knows how to win on the road, while the Heat I think have already lost the series mentally and have Bosh's injury as a built in excuse.

k.smith904
05-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Without Bosh, and if Indy shoots the ball better than they did last night, they have a chance.

Longhornfan1234
05-16-2012, 07:55 PM
or Wade missing an easy lay up. :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM

How about that illegal screen call on KG? That was new. :laugh:

lakerboy
05-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Pacers have a better chance. Bosh is out, everybody outside of LBJ and Wade is playing like crap.

Baller1
05-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Pacers have the tougher opponent but are the better team, so I would say it's equal.

But if I had to choose, I'll take Indiana with Bosh being out.