PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember the game "The Truth" was born?

Chronz
05-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Prolly belongs in the Boston forum but its a short vid that may interest fans.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7934313/paul-pierce-hurting-76ers-know-it

Read the article if you want but click on the video

Paul Pierce and Shaquille O'Neal reflect on the game in Los Angeles over a decade ago when Shaq first uttered the words that would become Pierce's nickname.

Is Shaq the greatest nickname coiner of all time? Flash, Truth, Omnipresent lol.. seriously tho, does anyone remember that game? This was in the days before League Pass so I didnt pay much attention to players outside of LA, but this was the game that put Pierce on the map for me. Im sure he had better games but this was the first I personally witnessed (on tv).

bigsams50
05-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Shaq has to be the greatest nicknamer ever. I dont know how he does it honestly lol

tcav701
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Ive never seen anyone straddle the "superstar" line for as long as Pierce did.

thekmp211
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
yeah. he's like the jimmy page of nicknames.

i mean there was a time where people debated whether or not he was better than antoine walker. walker had some big, big per game seasons. that's funny.

pierce has the most awkward, deceptive game i've ever seen. but at some point you just tip your hat and say the dude knows what the ef he's doing. it's the truth.

Corey
05-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Pierce started getting REAL recognition shortly after Shaq's postgame comments.

Chronz
05-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Ima miss him, his prime has lasted as long as Kobes almost, that kind of durability is rare.