PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Sonics?

kobemelo
05-16-2012, 02:15 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2018172296_facebook_ipo_to_fund_seattle_s.html#.T6 1htQpq3sJ.twitter

tapajafri
05-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Take the thunder back to Seattle.

Keep the kings in Sacramento.

Stop ruining the NBA.

Hellcrooner
05-16-2012, 02:21 PM
bring the zombie sonics back or place an expansion sonics there, no reason to ******** another traditional team as kings moving them there.

JordansBulls
05-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Take the thunder back to Seattle.

Keep the kings in Sacramento.

Stop ruining the NBA.

Not going to happen now with Durant around. OKC loves that team.

Hellcrooner
05-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Not going to happen now with Durant around. OKC loves that team.

who cares.

theyve been there for 5 minutes

sonics where in seattle for 40

they are the ones who got robbed.

5ass
05-16-2012, 02:27 PM
i dont understand why the pancakes are on a towel.

LTBaByyy
05-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Thunder need to go back to Seattle

Don't mess up the Kings history by sitting in a vault and having nothing to show for the franchise

OKC has nothing so far. Take them back before they start winning championships

thekmp211
05-16-2012, 02:33 PM
this is assuming initial return is what it's projected to be. but great news for seattle fans.

no new teams. move charlotte or NOLA.

the thunder are building something great in OKC. it would suck to take that away, eye for eye leaves both men blind.

the first two teams are not leaving behind enough fans or history to counter act what reviving the SEATTLE SUPERSONICS would do for the league.

seattle in an excellent, excellent sports town.

NYYCowboys
05-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Sonics were my 2nd favorite team growing up. My AOL screen name was named after Gary Payton. I want them to get a team back in the worst way, but only if they are still named the SuperSonics because that was the coolest team name in sports.

LJEATON26
05-16-2012, 02:40 PM
The Thunder are where they need and want to be. Sucks for Seattle fans but the Thunder are OkC's.

thekmp211
05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Sonics were my 2nd favorite team growing up. My AOL screen name was named after Gary Payton. I want them to get a team back in the worst way, but only if they are still named the SuperSonics because that was the coolest team name in sports.

oh yea. those jerseys, the swag, i liked them before i really liked hoops the sport.

bobcats are the best choice, but jordan is a UNC dude. so i think NOLA -> seattle needs to happen. i'll start the bandwagon.

bleedprple&gold
05-16-2012, 03:07 PM
who cares.

Hellcrooner why is Kobe the "no heart" tin-man? That should be Bynum.

Mr_Amaziing
05-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Nawww the Thunder will stay in Okc. The bobcats should move to Seattle

Becks2307
05-16-2012, 03:24 PM
the Thunder are going nowhere.

lkingratedr
05-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Before the NBA contracts it Will expand

I expect the Seattle super Sonics to return
Las Vegas blackjacks
New jersey for another team since the prudential center is a great NBA arena
And maybe Virginia

thekmp211
05-16-2012, 03:29 PM
who cares.

have you seen those fans???? do you want them to hate the NBA like a bunch of fans in seattle still do????

you do realize that FANS pay for tickets, buy jersey and watch tv shows about these guys. we make them relevant. you reward good fans.

OKC didn't have to work out. it's not a big market. they could have drafted poorly. they didn't, and their fans rewarded them with a rabid dedicated fan base. to be fair, OKC was also awesome to the hornets post katrina. why punish them when you have two dead-in-the-water franchises that might actually benefit themselves and the league by moving??

makes no sense.

kenzo400
05-16-2012, 03:34 PM
OKC didn't have to work out. it's not a big market. they could have drafted poorly. they didn't, and their fans rewarded them with a rabid dedicated fan base. to be fair, OKC was also awesome to the hornets post katrina. why punish them when you have two dead-in-the-water franchises that might actually benefit themselves and the league by moving??

No they couldn't. They drafted the consesus number 2 pick (Durant) number 3 (Harden) and four (Westbrook) A monkey could have done that job, there was no confusion over who should have gotten picked.

Punkindrublic03
05-16-2012, 03:36 PM
the nba deserves no fans

Hellcrooner
05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Hellcrooner why is Kobe the "no heart" tin-man? That should be Bynum.

Cause he is cold as ice and only cares for himself.

It was difficult to choose between them two for tin man and dorothy, the brainless Artest and the coward gasol were easier match ups.

smith&wesson
05-16-2012, 03:42 PM
seattle supersonics >> okc thunder.

bring back those cool green jerseys http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/images/Gary-Payton-and-Shawn-Kemp.jpg

Rain City
05-16-2012, 03:43 PM
this is assuming initial return is what it's projected to be. but great news for seattle fans.

no new teams. move charlotte or NOLA.

the thunder are building something great in OKC. it would suck to take that away, eye for eye leaves both men blind.

the first two teams are not leaving behind enough fans or history to counter act what reviving the SEATTLE SUPERSONICS would do for the league.

seattle in an excellent, excellent sports town.

:clap::clap:

SouthSideRookie
05-16-2012, 03:44 PM
have you seen those fans???? do you want them to hate the NBA like a bunch of fans in seattle still do????

you do realize that FANS pay for tickets, buy jersey and watch tv shows about these guys. we make them relevant. you reward good fans.

makes no sense.

How could you forget about Key Arena, that place was a madhouse and one of the thoughest places for a road team to play in. OKC has nothing on the old Key.

smith&wesson
05-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Cause he is cold as ice and only cares for himself.

It was difficult to choose between them two for tin man and dorothy, the brainless Artest and the coward gasol were easier match ups.

i thought you loved the lakers crooner what happened man ?

Giannis94
05-16-2012, 03:57 PM
take the Bucks. we dont want them but hey, they still have more championships than the: Bobcats, Hornets, Thunder, Pacers, Nets, Jazz, Raptors, Cavs, Nuggets, Magic, Clippers, Grizzlies

wait for it

combined

tmacsc2
05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Sonics were my favorite team! And now i dont have a team in the NBA! I just want a new sonics team!

Hellcrooner
05-16-2012, 04:05 PM
i thought you loved the lakers crooner what happened man ?

We need to blow it all up and start a rebuilding while we have the tools to makit it a short and succesfull one, the 4 dudes have to go.

Nabeshin
05-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Las vegas blackjacks...haha that is a corny name, although I still wonder why the state of Nevada does not have any professional teams.

Vincent33
05-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Kings have a great fan base in Sacramento. Either New Orleans or Charlotte should be moved. I'd lean towards New Orleans, that is Saints country.

krazylegz
05-16-2012, 04:23 PM
i liked the supersonics growing up...detlef shrepf,shawn kemp,gary payton,kendall gill,hersey hawkins...BRING BACK BASKETBALL TO SEATTLE:clap:

Vinylman
05-16-2012, 04:25 PM
omfg...

People actually talking about NBA expansion... ****ing hilarious

how about we **** can about 4 terrible teams so the league is more competitive

MintBerryCrunch
05-16-2012, 05:56 PM
We need to blow it all up and start a rebuilding while we have the tools to makit it a short and succesfull one, the 4 dudes have to go.

Kobe isn't leaving LA until he retires

JEDean89
05-16-2012, 08:40 PM
A 28 team league would be great, but weird to divide into divisions. i would like to see something like a team in vegas and a team in seattle. then move memphis to the east where geographically, it belongs. seattle could probably get the name supersonics back and they can try and start anew. i like charlotte, but the bobcats is a horrible name for a team. it would be great if they could get hornets back, and the hornets get a name that better fits NO. i think charlotte can be a great place for a franchise, it certainly was when they were the hornets. honestly it's teams like the clipps and nets that share markets with other teams that should move.

Kings Faithful
05-16-2012, 08:53 PM
omfg...

People actually talking about NBA expansion... ****ing hilarious

how about we **** can about 4 terrible teams so the league is more competitive

Because its not as simple as choosing 4 "currently" crappy teams and saying... "sorry! You sucked at the wrong time, see ya later!". The Kings have an amazing fanbase and have proven that already with their massive sellout streak. If your going to get rid of a team it shouldn't be because they suck...it should be because no one wants to watch them, good or bad.

naps
05-16-2012, 08:57 PM
I would love to see OKC move back to Seattle. They belong there. A fantastic NBA city and a great franchise was robbed.

Vinylman
05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Because its not as simple as choosing 4 "currently" crappy teams and saying... "sorry! You sucked at the wrong time, see ya later!". The Kings have an amazing fanbase and have proven that already with their massive sellout streak. If your going to get rid of a team it shouldn't be because they suck...it should be because no one wants to watch them, good or bad.

i could care less who the 4 teams are ... the league isn't competitive and contraction would help tremendously to improve balance

as for sacto... i didn't mention them... you got a complex or something :cool:

RealLiveBear
05-16-2012, 09:06 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

NYMetropolitans
05-16-2012, 09:09 PM
:clap: I really hope this goes through the NBA isn't the same with the Sonics...not saying that it's a huge issue but still...the Sonics should be a team.

gatkins11
05-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Nawww the Thunder will stay in Okc. The bobcats should move to Seattle

Better to get a team the right way than to have a con-artist buy one for you. Don't get hurt falling off the bandwagon.