PDA

View Full Version : Lind should DH while EE plays first...

damadmonk
05-16-2012, 12:03 PM
If Lind is in our lineup, we might as well exhaust the excuse of playing first is causing his hitting to suck. If he can't just concentrate on hitting as a dh, he's a lost cause.

I can't see why EE wouldn't want to play 1st base on a regular. It only ups his value (Is it his contract yr? does he have option? I've heard both).

I believe in EE enough to play first while not affecting his hitting. In fact he's hitting better at first than 3rd/Dh; http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=encared01&year=&t=b

I don't see a negative with this idea.

2009mvp
05-16-2012, 12:25 PM
The negative is Lind still being in the lineup

GrumpyOldMan
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Let EE DH, put Bautista at first, bring up Snider and demote Lind. I think with the outfield depth we have in the minors that Bautista will be our firstbaseman next season anyway, so might as well get him in there now.

wamco
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
you can always go to Cot's baseball salaries website for contract info. The site should be pinned in an "important websites thread" IMO.....EE is indeed a FA at the end of the season. AA picked up his contract option this year in a no brainer. Well designed contract by AA. He loves his team options at affordable prices. Seems to be what he is adamant about in contract negotiations. If EE plays 30 or 50 g at 1b, I dont think it makes much difference in contract negotiations next year. Now if he could rattle off 50g of good D at 3b, that would be huge for him.

I'd much rather see snider as part of the temporary solution than vizquel or francisco

scottythegreat1
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM
At This point, Id rather see Lind released by the team. He has had chance after chance. Give him to the trade deadline and get rid of him if he doesnt improve.

Superfu
05-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Everyone seems to have this assumption that Bautista will end up playing first base in the near future. He is only 31 still has amazingly strong accurate arm and decent enough range. When you look at some of the guys who continue to get time in the outfield, seems more likely he would be shifted to left rather than moved to 1st base.

wamco
05-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Except that we need a 1bman so that makes no sense.

Ragin' Cajun
05-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd like to see Cooper get a few days up to see how he does. Lind still has to have some trade value.. Even they can get some form of an upgrade using him in a deal would be good.

Superfu
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
We need a first baseman right now, we may not in 2 or 3 years when Jose would theoretically be moved from RF. More than anything I was pointing out that it would be a waste of his arm and range to stick him at first base when you could trade for someone who is stuck in another organizations depth chart or sign someone in the off season.

wamco
05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ragin' Cajun;22202933] Lind still has to have some trade value..

how so?

You are saying he should be replaced by cooper

KaiserSose
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM

how so?

Wamco, do you want lessons on how to use the quote function? This is the second thread you've butchered it in.

Nica
05-16-2012, 01:59 PM
The negative is Lind still being in the lineup

Agreed. Currently his best contribution is to make sure there is plenty of Double Bubble and sunflower seeds available.

Ragin' Cajun
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM

how so?

I didn't say as a permanent replacement did I? I said a few days to see how he does. Lind the last 3 seasons: 2009 hit 35 HR 114 RBI, 2010 hit 23 HR 72 RBI, 2011 hit 26 HR and 87 RBI.. I'm not saying Lind alone gets us a superstar but if you don't see that as trade value you're a moron.

Farsight
05-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Lind has little to no trade value. RBI's are probably the worst stat to use when looking at a players value. a wOBA around 300 over the past 3 seasons for a first basemen or any position is really unacceptable... We have to stop making excuses for him and come to the realization that hes a horrible player. 2009 was an outlier

I really do have a hard time seeing a team giving us something of value for him. Maybe we get a AAAA player back lol

Toxeryll
05-16-2012, 04:41 PM
I didn't say as a permanent replacement did I? I said a few days to see how he does. Lind the last 3 seasons: 2009 hit 35 HR 114 RBI, 2010 hit 23 HR 72 RBI, 2011 hit 26 HR and 87 RBI.. I'm not saying Lind alone gets us a superstar but if you don't see that as trade value you're a moron.

you'd be lucky if you can get a bag of popcorn for lind right now

wamco
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=wamco;22203004]

I'd say the personal attack really wasn't necessary. You commented about Cooper's value for some reason when I asked how lind has trade value . Well done. He has been one of the worst 1bman in baseball for the past 2 years and you want to play cooper over him. Tell me again why a team would want to trade for that crap....moron. Most likely it would be a trade of Lind for Higgins, remember him? Mr. Syracuse aka a non-prospect. That is not trade value dingleberry.

wamco
05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
you'd be lucky if you can get a bag of popcorn for lind right now

If you think that, you are a moron

wamco
05-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Lind has little to no trade value. RBI's are probably the worst stat to use when looking at a players value. a wOBA around 300 over the past 3 seasons for a first basemen or any position is really unacceptable... We have to stop making excuses for him and come to the realization that hes a horrible player. 2009 was an outlier

I really do have a hard time seeing a team giving us something of value for him. Maybe we get a AAAA player back lol

If you think that, you are a moron, as per cajun, a guy that sees nothing wrong with lawrie assaulting an umpire.

Toxeryll
05-16-2012, 09:19 PM
If you think that, you are a moron

who would want a 1B that cant hit for average, cant hit for power, cant take walks and can't field his position and a slow fatass in the basepaths??

bomber0104
05-16-2012, 09:44 PM
the jays are trying everything to get Lind going and nothing is working

their last attempt is to put him at DH but he is still looking like ****

damadmonk
05-17-2012, 12:21 AM
If AA could get something for Wells, I'm sure he could for Lind.

Toxeryll
05-17-2012, 12:37 AM
If AA could get something for Wells, I'm sure he could for Lind.

contract was the only issue with wells at the time of the trade

damadmonk
05-17-2012, 02:41 AM
contract was the only issue with wells at the time of the trade

Wells wasn't worth the value of his contract and neither is Lind.

Interesting to note that EE played first base tonight against the Yanks and Lind was DH'in.

I don't know the fielding numbers of the players but I would assume EE has a little more range than Lind. If this is true, why wouldn't put EE at first if it is an upgrade defensively?

Toxeryll
05-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Wells wasn't worth the value of his contract and neither is Lind.

Interesting to note that EE played first base tonight against the Yanks and Lind was DH'in.

I don't know the fielding numbers of the players but I would assume EE has a little more range than Lind. If this is true, why wouldn't put EE at first if it is an upgrade defensively?

true, but vernon wells was coming off a very goood season (2010) where he posted a very good .362 wOBA and 125 wRC+ and playing a premium position at CF. while lind has stunk since 2010 at 1b and seems to be getting worse.

wamco
05-17-2012, 04:07 AM
who would want a 1B that cant hit for average, cant hit for power, cant take walks and can't field his position and a slow fatass in the basepaths??

I agree, I was quoting rajun cajun

Toxeryll
05-17-2012, 05:05 AM
I agree, I was quoting rajun cajun

ahhh my bad, must have read it wrong

Valleyfella
05-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Jose likes right field and is good there, so I wouldn't see him as an option at first. I'd leave EE as the DH and bring up Gomes or Cooper. As for Lind, maybe see if you can pull a Hill for Johnson type trade where a team has a struggling vet like Lind and both teams are willing to take the chance that a change of scenery might jump start them. If not, trade him for whatever you can get. He's taking up a roster and blocking some young guys who could contribute.

koreancabbage
05-17-2012, 09:13 AM
well once Vlad gets here, i'm sure he would fare no worse at DH than Lind. actually, anyone for that matter lol

StealingSigns
05-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I think this thread is redundant, non?