PDA

View Full Version : Should Lin have played? Is Blake smart to play?

Chronz
05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Both have knee injuries, both suspect their knees to be at 75-80% health. But for some reason I dont blame Lin for not playing and I would be disappointed if Blake didnt. Anyone else feel this way? Or should both play/sitout ?

Hellcrooner
05-15-2012, 04:28 PM
blake shouldnt play, clippers aint winning the ring this year, so its not worht to risk a long term injury for maybe at best case scenario advancing one round.

thekmp211
05-15-2012, 05:19 PM
hmm. in the end we don't know enough about the injury to really, truly know.

i think the difference is this. lin wasn't going to do a thing healthy or not to change that series. blake is a great player, and showed impressive grit battling that grizz front court, injured, to a series win with a couple big games. if he can make it through that series...he should be fine in this one? i guess the team doctors feel that way?

i mean crooner is probably , "technically" right. but you know people would flip if any team did that after keeping the guy in for so long.

Cracka2HI!
05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Chronz I think your dead on. Lin had surgury so I would have to think his injury is worse. I would also be disappointed if Blake didn't give it a go, however he may be ineffective some nights like Sunday. I have no problem with him sitting for key stretches but I also feel like he is healthy enough to give it a go and see how it feels. If he is risking further injury I would probably have a different opinion.

NYYCowboys
05-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Lin was also going to be a free agent after the season, and is probably about to get paid. If he comes back and struggles that coulda hurt his value. That being said, not that the Knicks would have won if he did, but I was very disappointed he didn't give it a go. I thought there was definitely something fishy going on.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Lin came back from surgery, so he's not in game shape compared to Griffin.

KnicksorBust
05-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Both situations have been handled properly.

Avenged
05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Blake is a rising star, he has to play if he can especially because his team is in the 2nd round of the playoffs.. Anything can happen.

torocan
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
If the Doctor's didn't clear him, Blake shouldn't play no matter how disappointing. If the Doctor's cleared him he should play.

The Doctor's didn't clear Lin and he was out of game shape. He should not have played, disappointing or not.

Punk
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
After Baron tore his knee up, Melo told Lin not to play and don't risk it. Lin played with the MCL tear for a month, so he could have played but it wasn't worth it.

Blake's injury isn't the same compared to Lin. He should try to limit his game, no crazy dunks.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 06:44 PM
For those wondering about the injury, if this were the regular season, Blake would be shelved for 2 weeks.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Lin was also going to be a free agent after the season, and is probably about to get paid. If he comes back and struggles that coulda hurt his value. That being said, not that the Knicks would have won if he did, but I was very disappointed he didn't give it a go. I thought there was definitely something fishy going on.

good point

Kashmir13579
05-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't blame Lin for not playing.. If he plays his cards right he could be one of the richest men in sports. Why risk it? That being said, If the Knicks got it to a game 6 at MSG and he didn't play, the fan in me would've wanted to kill him.. :laugh2:

And the same goes for Blake.. I don't see the Clippers getting passed SA or OKC.. Blake has a long career ahead of him... Sometimes i think you need to lose a battle to win the war, depending on how bad the injury is.

thekmp211
05-15-2012, 07:23 PM
i mean the popular knowledge was that memphis would beat LAC. i thought they would. blake was a big part of why the clippers won. you think chris paul would be happy with that decision?

Donuts365
05-15-2012, 07:39 PM
why is everybody acting like the spurs are miami heat west the spurs and clippers match up perfectly stars bench production everything

NBAfan4life
05-15-2012, 08:15 PM
The Knicks had zero chance of beating Miami so I understand him not playing today.

xxplayerxx23
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM
IMO Clippers can get to the finals, Griffen will play and IMO If hes 80 percent should. whose to say they cant get out of the west, anything can happen and there talented

Weezy
05-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't blame either for sitting. It seems like there is a injury reaper haunting all NBA players this year.

Raph12
05-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Depends on the extent of the injury and the likelyhood of aggravating that injury...

Blitzace137
05-16-2012, 02:36 AM
why is everybody acting like the spurs are miami heat west the spurs and clippers match up perfectly stars bench production everything

Guess you were wrong :laugh2:

Heatcheck
05-16-2012, 09:43 AM
DONT DO IT! i saw Grant hill throw a bunch of years away playing against miami on a broken foot back in the 90s, he almost didnt come back.

and i doubt griffin has niether the technical skills, nor the basketball iq to comeback like hill.

Becks2307
05-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Lin had surgery and was out for 5 weeks prior.

Griffin was actually still playing

had lin got injured during game 2 but felt 80% he would have played.