PDA

View Full Version : With Chris Bosh out, should Lebron get a pass if they dont win championship?

LTBaByyy
05-15-2012, 03:45 PM
They were discussing it on ESPN this morning

If the Lebron doesn't win a championship again this year

Should he get as much criticism if the Heat were full strength?

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2012, 03:46 PM
No. There was no pass for the Lakers when they lost Bynum and lost to Boston in 08.

FreakaNashur
05-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Lebron is the MVP...he has show it on the final stage.

Swashcuff
05-15-2012, 03:49 PM
LeBron is a player right? This is a team sport right? Why should there even be a reason for LeBron to get a free pass. It should be the Heat not LeBron.

I mean seriously what if LeBron scores 40 a game in the Finals making clutch shot after clutch shot (well they won't reach the finals since they have no chance of getting pass the Sixers) and the Heat still lose how could he be blamed?

This is a team Sport and unless LeBron lays a royal egg again in the Finals he should not be given any flack about his play.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2012, 03:50 PM
No.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Are we certain Bosh is done? It would be an upset if he beat a healthy Western team thats for sure but he should still make the Finals.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
No.

Yes

They werent locks for a title WITH Bosh, now without him they barely have the talent to compete at that level. Its going to take Bron going NOVA for them to win watch. So in some ways, if he can gut it out with an injured or depleted Bosh, it will boost his legacy even more. Hard to picture them beating a healthy West team tho

LTBaByyy
05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I think if he is plays like his MVP status, they can beat OKC and Lakers so he gets no pass

BUT I don't think they can beat Spurs without Bosh to be honest

LTBaByyy
05-15-2012, 03:55 PM
They were discussing it on ESPN First Take

Hawkeye15
05-15-2012, 03:55 PM
LeBron is a player right? This is a team sport right? Why should there even be a reason for LeBron to get a free pass. It should be the Heat not LeBron.

I mean seriously what if LeBron scores 40 a game in the Finals making clutch shot after clutch shot (well they won't reach the finals since they have no chance of getting pass the Sixers) and the Heat still lose how could he be blamed?

This is a team Sport and unless LeBron lays a royal egg again in the Finals he should not be given any flack about his play.

yep. Can't have it both ways. If a star shoots 6-24, but his teammates keep his team in the game, and they end up winning, that star gets all the credit, right?

It's a team sport. Which is exactly why trying to evaluate individual players by championships is such a pathetic argument.

JasonJohnHorn
05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah... I'd give him a pass.. though if he moves to power forward and lets Battier and Miller take up the minutes at SF, the team should be fine... they can cover for Bosh for a few games, but I'm hoping the Pacers pull out of this one and get to the NBA finals!

AWC713
05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
no excuses, period.

but that would be hilarious if the heat did in fact win it without bosh.

Swashcuff
05-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah... I'd give him a pass.. though if he moves to power forward and lets Battier and Miller take up the minutes at SF, the team should be fine... they can cover for Bosh for a few games, but I'm hoping the Pacers pull out of this one and get to the NBA finals!

He's been doing that for a while now. Problem is Bosh has been getting the most of the minutes at the C and that's where they'll miss him the most.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-15-2012, 04:00 PM
They were discussing it on ESPN First Take

And?

What did they say?

dtmagnet
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Uhh no, Lebron and Wade on the same team is already an advantage over everyone else.

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Nope no passes/excuses allowed

SteveNash
05-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Probably since Miami's big man depth was already pretty atrocious.

thekmp211
05-15-2012, 04:03 PM
it depends on who they face and how he plays.

i frankly had SAS over them in the finals before bosh went down so i wouldn't be bashing him.

but will the "media consensus" for what its worth give him a pass? i doubt it.

if he plays well, it shouldn't matter anyway. but people love to pin everything on one guy, and especially lebron. so he'll get skewered by the ignorant masses if he plays well and they still lose.

k.smith904
05-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Of course he should get a pass.

The 3 time MVP can't be expected to win with only ONE other superstar...

FlashMacker
I'd give him a pass. Last year was unacceptable. His finals performance was attrocious.

BigBlueCrew
No words Justin??

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
No excuse to not get out of the East now. Whether they play OKC or SA that is a different story though. But then again he probably has the best playoff performer in the league on his team now as well.

MTL_123
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Nope Championship or Bust

godolphins
05-15-2012, 04:07 PM
I think if he is plays like his MVP status, they can beat OKC and Lakers so he gets no pass

BUT I don't think they can beat Spurs without Bosh to be honest

Not a chance. There's a reason why we have a 4-5 record without Bosh.

Look at this game as an example: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320302026

Both Wade and Bosh brought their A game against the Jazz but loss by one point: L. James 35 Pts, 10 Reb, 6 Ast, 3 Blk
D. Wade 31 Pts, 6 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl

Next game vs the Lakers(L):http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320304013
L. James 25 Pts, 13 Reb, 7 Ast, 3 Stl, 2 Blk

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM

This post wins.

mjm07
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM

I mean seriously what if LeBron scores 40 a game in the Finals making clutch shot after clutch shot and the Heat still lose how could he be blamed?

This with a minor change. /thread :clap:

(Yes, i know understood the humor)

godolphins
05-15-2012, 04:11 PM

:laugh2: Funny

justinnum1
05-15-2012, 04:16 PM
No words Justin??

Only that my fan club meets on wednesday, i will send you an invite.

Baller1
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM

Very subtle. ;)

RonE Coleman
05-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Nope no pass... even without Bosh... Dwyane wade is 20x better then any player that Lebron took to the finals on that Cavs team

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Only that my fan club meets on wednesday, i will send you an invite.

I know where you bleeps meet. No need for the invite. I'll bring the kleenex.

justinnum1
05-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I know where you bleeps meet. No need for the invite. I'll bring the kleenex.

http://www.troll.me/images/success-kid/uh-oh-internet-tough-guy-here-thumb.jpg

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/success-kid/uh-oh-internet-tough-guy-here-thumb.jpg

awww how cute

RonE Coleman
05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Lebron D.ick Riders Club... ran by justinnum1

SSmythe22
05-15-2012, 04:38 PM
NO. You promise 4 + titles, and don't win in the first 2 years...then the heat is on you, no pun intended.

justinnum1
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
A few knicks fans are real mad in here:laugh:

KingPosey
05-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Wade haws done a pretty good job taking a backseat, with Bosh out, why cant the 2nd to 4th best player in the league step up and dominate now with extra touches there?

Kashmir13579
05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Once the refs take away his BS calls in the finals it won't matter... Bosh or no Bosh..

Swashcuff
05-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Wade haws done a pretty good job taking a backseat, with Bosh out, why cant the 2nd to 4th best player in the league step up and dominate now with extra touches there?

:confused:

effen5
05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Is this thread a joke?

Bruno
05-15-2012, 04:55 PM
yep. Can't have it both ways. If a star shoots 6-24, but his teammates keep his team in the game, and they end up winning, that star gets all the credit, right?

depends. did the guy who shot 6-24 do anything else? say, pull down 15 rebounds (out rebounding the other teams starting SG, PF, and C combined). did he do so in a series where the winner of the glass won every single game in a best of seven? Did that star average 29-8-4-2 throughout the series? ect.

if LeBron and Wade lead the heat to a title without bosh it'd be especially impressive for both. although this is a bit premature, Bosh could be back. if he isn't it'd be an especially impressive finals run. as far as the playoffs overall, Miami has been handed a vip entrance to the EC championship.

nobody gets a pass in this league. Phoenix didn't get one in 2007 (Nash/Horry/Amare), LAL didn't get one in 2008 (Bynum/Ariza), Boston didn't get one in 2009 or 2010 (KG/Perkins), and Miami didn't get one last year (Wades injury in the finals). Bosh will be back, just not at full strength.

Swashcuff
05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
depends. did the guy who shot 6-24 do anything else? say, pull down 15 rebounds (out rebounding the other teams starting SG, PF, and C combined). did he do so in a series where the winner of the glass won every single game in a best of seven? Did that star average 29-8-4-2 throughout the series? ect.

if LeBron and Wade lead the heat to a title without bosh it'd be especially impressive for both. although this is a bit premature, Bosh could be back. if he isn't it'd be an especially impressive finals run. as far as the playoffs overall, Miami has been handed a vip entrance to the EC championship.

nobody gets a pass in this league. Phoenix didn't get one in 2007 (Nash/Horry/Amare), LAL didn't get one in 2008 (Bynum/Ariza), Boston didn't get one in 2009 or 2010 (KG/Perkins), and Miami didn't get one last year (Wades injury in the finals). Bosh will be back, just not at full strength.

See what you did there you mentioned their teams. The OPs question is about the player not the team.

knicks4life33
05-15-2012, 05:05 PM
no pass they still have there big 3 of lebron , wade and the refs

BKLYNpigeon
05-15-2012, 05:19 PM
who cares.

BSardogan
05-15-2012, 05:27 PM
If Lebron wins a title, it's because he has Wade and Bosh on his side, and because he travels.

If Lebron doesn't win anything, even despite being the self-proclaimed King, he's a choker that doesn't show up when it really matters.

There's just no way for LBJ to come out a winner ever since that horrible reputation-killing Decision. I guess all he can do is just play the frikkin game and see where that brings him. If he wins a ring, he would prove that he deserves to be mentioned along the all-time greats. If he doesn't, so be it, he has still shown us what he can do, just let his crazy statline speak for its self. He would still be one of the best to ever play the game, and no matter what people might say, we all know that's just the truth.

justinnum1
05-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I will say, if miami can win the title without bosh(tho i think he would be back by then) that would be something

WadeKobe
05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
No. There was no pass for the Lakers when they lost Bynum and lost to Boston in 08.

Because LA was not as good as Boston, ever, during that stretch. If Boston and LA were both 100% the whole time, Boston wins 3 titles in a row. :shrug:

No one should get a pass ever, because titles shouldn't be measuring sticks for players, ever.

In the end, every team has trials, some worse than others. In the end, the team that plays the best for 16 games at the end of the season wins a title. Teams are judged by titles, players should be judged by individual performances. It is entirely possible for an individual player to play amazing while his team ***** the bed and loses. One player cannot and has never won an NBA title. Great players have, however, played amazing and lost because their team lost - Jerry West.

Until we grow up - NBA and NFL Fans and Media as a whole - we won't get it. Until we stop using championships as a measure of the individual, our debates and discussions will forever be meaningless. We really, really, really don't have the slightest clue what we're talking about when we judge individuals by team success. We just don't get it.

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
If Lebron wins a title, it's because he has Wade and Bosh on his side, and because he travels.

If Lebron doesn't win anything, even despite being the self-proclaimed King, he's a choker that doesn't show up when it really matters.

There's just no way for LBJ to come out a winner ever since that horrible reputation-killing Decision. I guess all he can do is just play the frikkin game and see where that brings him. If he wins a ring, he would prove that he deserves to be mentioned along the all-time greats. If he doesn't, so be it, he has still shown us what he can do, just let his crazy statline speak for its self. He would still be one of the best to ever play the game, and no matter what people might say, we all know that's just the truth.

he could just shutup and play for a day/season instead of saying things like....

"if we dont win the season is not a failure"

having stupid mouthguards with Roman numeral with 16 in them

etc etc etc

everything Lebron gets he bring unto himself. Somewhere along the way someone didnt teach him media saavy.

YoungOne
05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
lol "a pass for lebron"

WadeKobe
05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
This post wins.

:facepalm: No. It doesn't. Two superstars are not better than a complete team that is great. Why are NBA fans so illogical? It's the only sport we do this in. The only one!!!! It is pure idiocy.

MickeyMgl
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
No pass. Didn't happen in '08, or '04, or '89 for the Lakers, or any other year when injuries played a significant factor in the playoffs, or when the individual play of one player wasn't enough to make up for the deficiencies of his team.

Iron24th
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
no. There was no pass for the lakers when they lost bynum and lost to boston in 08.

+1

tcav701
05-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Why, was Bosh the one the promised 7 rings?

knicks4life33
05-15-2012, 05:43 PM
of course he should get a pass.

The 3 time mvp can't be expected to win with only one other superstar...

this!!

BSardogan
05-15-2012, 05:49 PM
he could just shutup and play for a day/season instead of saying things like....

"if we dont win the season is not a failure"

having stupid mouthguards with Roman numeral with 16 in them

etc etc etc

everything Lebron gets he bring unto himself. Somewhere along the way someone didnt teach him media saavy.

So you really think, every day Lebron James wakes up thinking ''So... What am I going to tell those nice people from the newspapers today?'' It's not like he does that stuff because he enjoys the rush of it. Every single day he gets questions about the same frikkin crap. ''How would you feel about not winning a ring this season'', ''Do you think you'll finally win that championship this year'' and stuff like that.

What do you want the guy to do? Just walk away without saying anything when they ask all that stupid stuff? That would just make him an arrogant dick that puts himself above all media, and therefore all the fans.

Or when he responds he feels like he has played well enough in the regular season to make him feel like it wouldn't be a lost season, even if they didn't get a championship? What's even wrong with saying that? Isn't that the most politically correct answer there is to give? Or would you rather have him tell how he's going to beat the crap out of every team in the league and that ring was his before the playoffs even started. No, you'd just starting hating on him saying that too. SSDD, my friend.

I'm just saying, I'm not even a LBJ fan, but all the **** he has gotten from the fans and journalists for the past 2 year is unfair and unreal. Let the man do what he does best, and entertain us by throwing a basketball in a hoop.

Bring The Heat
05-15-2012, 05:58 PM
So you really think, every day Lebron James wakes up thinking ''So... What am I going to tell those nice people from the newspapers today?'' It's not like he does that stuff because he enjoys the rush of it. Every single day he gets questions about the same frikkin crap. ''How would you feel about not winning a ring this season'', ''Do you think you'll finally win that championship this year'' and stuff like that.

What do you want the guy to do? Just walk away without saying anything when they ask all that stupid stuff? That would just make him an arrogant dick that puts himself above all media, and therefore all the fans.

Or when he responds he feels like he has played well enough in the regular season to make him feel like it wouldn't be a lost season, even if they didn't get a championship? What's even wrong with saying that? Isn't that the most politically correct answer there is to give? Or would you rather have him tell how he's going to beat the crap out of every team in the league and that ring was his before the playoffs even started. No, you'd just starting hating on him saying that too. SSDD, my friend.

I'm just saying, I'm not even a LBJ fan, but all the **** he has gotten from the fans and journalists for the past 2 year is unfair and unreal. Let the man do what he does best, and entertain us by throwing a basketball in a hoop.

Everything I've wanted to say you put together in this post. Well said... No matter what LeBron says or does he will be ridiculed its that simple. Now he's just stop caring and is out there playing great basketball, and thats the only way to respond.. By just playing the game and not pleasing these haters especially a lot of these idiots who hate on lebron on PSD

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
So now im a Lebron hater? :facepalm: geez cant be neutral in this forum. But whatever floats your boat. Lebron has been in the league for 9 years now. Im sure there are much better answers to the question about the NBA Championship. Hell he could have taken Kobe's approach to the question "Can you guard them?" :laugh:. Now that was awesome.

KB-Pau-DH2012
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
What many of you LeBron supporters don't understand is that this whole "can u win a championship" criticism is all because of LeBron himself. He came into the league wearing the No. 23, doing the powder thing, and giving himself the nickname of "The Chosen One" and "The King", and the "Check My Stats", and "All I Do Is Win". He wanted to be celebrated before he even did anything.

Then he joins the Heat and then goes on the tirade of not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7.

Hell, he had the audacity to say 7. Does he know how tough it was for MJ to win just 6 compared to his heavenly dream of 7????

How tough it was for Kobe to win 5?

How tough it was for Dirk to much less win just 1??

The guy wants to be celebrated with no rings. He's an attention whore.

BSardogan
05-15-2012, 06:24 PM
So now im a Lebron hater? :facepalm: geez cant be neutral in this forum. But whatever floats your boat. Lebron has been in the league for 9 years now. Im sure there are much better answers to the question about the NBA Championship. Hell he could have taken Kobe's approach to the question "Can you guard them?" :laugh:. Now that was awesome.

Okay. If you can come up with an answer to ''Is this a lost season without a ring'' that tops LeBron James saying ''no'', maybe you should consider working out and practicing a little to get to his level of play. Maybe one day you can publically announce your answer and make all the headlines.

Until that day, I probably won't understand what was wrong with him saying that. And yes, I will keep on believing that even though you might not necessarily be a textbook hater, you are searching for those little things to burn a person for something totally ridiculous. In other words, you're hating. Sorry, but there's just not any other way to put this for me. :)

BSardogan
05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
What many of you LeBron supporters don't understand is that this whole "can u win a championship" criticism is all because of LeBron himself. He came into the league wearing the No. 23, doing the powder thing, and giving himself the nickname of "The Chosen One" and "The King", and the "Check My Stats", and "All I Do Is Win". He wanted to be celebrated before he even did anything.

Then he joins the Heat and then goes on the tirade of not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7.

Hell, he had the audacity to say 7. Does he know how tough it was for MJ to win just 6 compared to his heavenly dream of 7????

Now, that is all pretty much true. He has asked for a lot of attention ever since he came into the league. But who cares? It's a show he's putting on, and in the end that's what he is. A showman and a true athlete.

And even though he hasn't won any team awards thus far, does that take away the fact that he's a great player despite? And who says he won't win 1, 2 or 12 rings by the end of his career. If he genuinly and truly believes he will, he has all the right to say it.

But does that allow everyone outside of that to burn him for every single thing he does?

LJEATON26
05-15-2012, 06:29 PM

+1 Don't forget about the decision.

knicks4life33
05-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I will say, if miami can win the title without bosh(tho i think he would be back by then) that would be something

that would be really something huh with LEBRON JAMES and DWAYNE WADE as your only 2 superstars left to go to now lol lol

Gram
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't care. :shrug: LeBron does what he does. :shrug:

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Now, that is all pretty much true. He has asked for a lot of attention ever since he came into the league. But who cares? It's a show he's putting on, and in the end that's what he is. A showman and a true athlete.

And even though he hasn't won any team awards thus far, does that take away the fact that he's a great player despite? And who says he won't win 1, 2 or 12 rings by the end of his career. If he genuinly and truly believes he will, he has all the right to say it.

But does that allow everyone outside of that to burn him for every single thing he does?

In order words if Lebron doesnt do another thing on the basketball court again, you've already put him alongside Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant

justinnum1
that would be really something huh with LEBRON JAMES and DWAYNE WADE as your only 2 superstars left to go to now lol lol

Yea, i mean, who would you consider the 3rd best player after those 2? mike miller? mario chalmers?

hail2skins4life
no. but he wants it as a pass

The Final Boss
05-15-2012, 06:37 PM
The Lakers didn't get a pass in '08 when they played without Bynum and Ariza, so why should this be any different? Los Angeles didn't get a pass when they played Chicago without Worthy, either. That Lakers team with Worthy would have beaten Jackson's Bulls.

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Yea, i mean, who would you consider the 3rd best player after those 2? mike miller? mario chalmers?

who cares??? most teams would die for Lebron James AND Dwayne Wade. Its their fault the bench wasnt improved or the coach has to gasp now coach

Kevj77
05-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Nice Bruno, I was wondering if anyone would catch that subtle jab at Kobe by Hawkeye.

brod82
05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Nope! Even without Bosh the Heat still has what a lot of teams will never have,2 SUPERSTARS. Lebron just won MVP,so its time to prove why he is the league MVP,in which K.Durant shouldve won. If the Heat fails again this year he should get jus as much criticism as if he would get the praise if they won the c'ship.

justinnum1
05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
who cares??? most teams would die for Lebron James AND Dwayne Wade. Its their fault the bench wasnt improved or the coach has to gasp now coach

Relax bro. lol It's not worth getting upset over.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 06:52 PM
The Lakers didn't get a pass in '08 when they played without Bynum and Ariza, so why should this be any different? Los Angeles didn't get a pass when they play Chicago without Worthy, either. That Lakers team with Worthy would have beaten Jackson's Bulls.

What does this mean anyways? I know alot of LA fans who claim things would have gone differently if those 2 were healthy. Now imagine a team thats even more deprived of help in bigs department. Fair to say it makes a difference, moreso than any other team losing a bigman of his caliber.

In many ways losing Bosh is worse than losing Wade.

Mell413
05-15-2012, 06:53 PM
It's a team sport so he shouldn't get all the blame. It wasn't a lock that the Heat were going to win the title. If he plays well and the team loses he shouldn't get criticism.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 06:55 PM
The answer to this question depends on Brons caliber of play. It really is that simple, anyone acting like he MUST win at all costs doesnt know the nature of the game. And frankly is insulting to any contending team who plays like a TEAM.

BigBlueCrew
05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Relax bro. lol It's not worth getting upset over.

who is getting upset?

I love these arguments...your a hater....your getting upset....I have no reason to be either at the moment.

meloman1592
05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Nobody showed any remorse for the bulls and knicks so NO! No excuses

Chronz
05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Nobody showed any remorse for the bulls and knicks so NO! No excuses
LOL pretty sure I saw Bulls fans and HEAT fans come together on that one, for the most part everyone pitied the Bulls. By your logic, the Bulls should have made the Finals even tho they were seriously banged up. If thats what your expecting then you dont know NBA basketball.

JJ_JKidd
05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
They didnt win it when Bosh was there (last year against the Mavs).. So.. :confused:

LA_Raiders
05-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Uhh no, Lebron and Wade on the same team is already an advantage over everyone else.

Agree, no excuse for 2 top 5 players in the same team not to win it all...

mdm692
05-15-2012, 09:38 PM

this basically sums it up.

Swashcuff
05-15-2012, 09:51 PM
The level of stupidity in this thread is off the chains. Every LeBron thread routinely brings out the most stupid posts ever..... At least we have guys like Chronz and Hawkeye15 to remain as the voices of reason.

Swashcuff
05-15-2012, 09:52 PM

Except for the fact that it's a TEAM game.

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 09:52 PM

:laugh2::laugh:

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 09:54 PM

Lakers never lost Bynum in the playoffs. In fact he went down before Gasol. The whole reason LA got Gasol was because Bynum went down.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 09:56 PM
:laugh2::laugh:

Whats so funny? Even when Bosh was healthy he only had 1 other superstar.

Chronz
Right because history has proven thats all thats necessary to win chips.

LTBaByyy
To be honest the Heat are garbage outside the big 3

That's what happens when you 4 guys 53 million and don't have much left

Longhornfan1234
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Tried to tell people.

People think because Bosh doesn't drop 25 and 10 every night that he's soft and worthless. He's more important to the Heat's success than Wade.

Pacers posed a legitimate threat to Heat before game one because of their size. Now without Bosh every game will be like this. Spo has to find a way to get LeBron more rest before the fourth quarter.

AntiG
05-15-2012, 10:00 PM
No. Everyone out there has injuries, and none of them are to LeBron and Wade.

eibbor
05-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Bosh out makes them better...

Quietmoney
05-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Now we talking passes for injuries?? Smdh. My Knicks was losing everyone to injuries in the playoffs and had already came in short handed. But all we here was how Melo wasn't this or he wasn't that. Miami better win or that's another year down the drain and it's only gonna get harder. I just keep thinking back to that whole WWE moment in Miami when Lebron was declaring championships like teams were just gonna lay down and give it to them. The Heat ain't winning nothing without Chris Bosh! Period.

khaleesi
05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
No. They still allegedly have two of the top five players in the NBA.

Maybe if they could hit clutch free throws ....

Chronz
05-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Bosh out makes them better...

Who are you and are you sure your in the right forum?

ManRam
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
He deserves a pass if he legitimately did everything in his physical power to win.

He doesn't deserve one if he doesn't.

Why try to figure these things out before it happens? It's not philosophy here. It's not hard to just watch and make a determination :laugh2:

Weezy
05-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Injuries are part of the game......

D-Leethal
05-15-2012, 10:28 PM
The best player in the NBA and a top 5 player as his #2? The best #1 and the best #2 and a cakewalk of an Eastern Conference? Hell no he shouldn't get a pass.

ThunderousDemon
05-15-2012, 10:32 PM
I thought Lebron was the MVP and in his Prime along with a top 5 guard in the league

Brad IBCB
05-15-2012, 10:33 PM
lmao

only in the nba forum

Chrisstyles
05-15-2012, 10:52 PM
no one gave the knicks a pass and melo was ridiculed to the point where he isnt considered an all star by many. Miami has one injury and were talking pass. the knicks had tyson chandler(hand), Amare (hand), Davis(ACL and MCL), Shumpert(ACL), Jeffries(leg), Lin(leg injury), hell even melo wasnt 100 percent.

When the Heat beat us everyone rubbed it in our face. Wade talking trash about Mike Bibby saying he made more shots in the playoffs than he made with them last season so no they dont get a pass, i wanna see part two of the crying.

Let the crying begin

goose14741
05-15-2012, 11:10 PM
should lebron get a pass cuz bosh is out?
ummm no cuz its bosh out....not lebron

DOUGGIEFRESH
05-15-2012, 11:11 PM
No! Who else got a pass?

BALLER R
05-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Hes been getting a pass for the past 5 years when will this stop

BALLER R
05-15-2012, 11:21 PM
All I want is for a legit miami fan to be real. Outside of Lebron and Wade you guys have no one. That isn't good enough to win a championship. Lebron might be built like a monster but him playing almost every minute of every game will come back to haunt them if they make it to the finals.

willabeast77
05-15-2012, 11:27 PM
They don't need Bosh to win it all. Though it depends who their opponent is and how well their roster's health is.

willabeast77
05-15-2012, 11:29 PM
no one gave the knicks a pass and melo was ridiculed to the point where he isnt considered an all star by many. Miami has one injury and were talking pass. the knicks had tyson chandler(hand), Amare (hand), Davis(ACL and MCL), Shumpert(ACL), Jeffries(leg), Lin(leg injury), hell even melo wasnt 100 percent.

When the Heat beat us everyone rubbed it in our face. Wade talking trash about Mike Bibby saying he made more shots in the playoffs than he made with them last season so no they dont get a pass, i wanna see part two of the crying.

Let the crying begin

A lot of people did give the Knicks a pass for that, but in all honestly, even if those players were fully healthy, Miami still would have won.

DOUGGIEFRESH
05-15-2012, 11:30 PM
If they were to matchup with Boston without Bosh it would be very tough. I would take Boston

new york blue
05-15-2012, 11:31 PM
What does get a pass mean? The Heat were 1.2 to 1 odds to win the champtionship before Bosh went down. Look at what the odds are now and see how probable those putting real money on the table think it is that Lebron and the Heat can pull this off. We do not live in a yes or no universe. It is match ups and strategies, not macho hero BS. When the Knicks played the Heat, Wade and LeBron had driving room because Chandler had to respect Bosh's shot. Not so with Turiaf or whoever they put in. How do the Heat and Lebron react? That is the level at which I find the issue interesting.

LTBaByyy
05-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Lebron doesn't deserve a pass, BUT a lot of you are underestimating Chris Bosh

Check his stats, and that's with 2 of the top 3 players in NBA

If he went to the Bulls or Knicks, he would still be putting the same numbers as Toronto

Catfish1314
05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't know if "free pass" is the right phrase, but he won't deserve the criticism he'll get if they fail to win it without Bosh.

Hustla23
05-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Of course not. Even without Bosh, he's playing alongside another guy who is, oh, I don't know, a top five player in this league.

And the rest of his team is not good offensively but they comprise an elite defensive squad.

He has more than enough to win a championship given how good he is himself.

3ballbomber
05-15-2012, 11:42 PM
It's not just Lebron, it's Wade & Bosh also. This was one of the risks teaming together and not leaving any money to add depth and address the 1 & 2 spot they run the risk of having one of the Big 3 injured causing alot of pressure for the team. Leaving the other 2 stars to put up big numbers.

Nobody gets a pass here, especially not the MVP of the league. Makes it even worse for yourself when you pass on the opportunity to not be aggressive late in games when they need you the most. This is the team they are left with, this is the team they created in the aftermath of having 3 max contracts. No Excuses.

Hustla23
05-15-2012, 11:44 PM
It's not just Lebron, it's Wade & Bosh also. This was one of the risks teaming together and not leaving any money to add depth and address the 1 & 2 spot they run the risk of having one of the Big 3 injured causing alot of pressure for the team. Leaving the other 2 stars to put up big numbers.

Nobody gets a pass here, especially not the MVP of the league. Makes it even worse for yourself when you pass on the opportunity to not be aggressive late in games when they need you the most. This is the team they are left with, this is the team they created in the aftermath of having 3 max contracts. No Excuses.
It's not like they didn't make the effort to build a full team. They took less money to sign Miller.

They signed Joel Anthony. They kept Haslem. They have the MLE at their disposal every offseason to add a starting caliber player (They used it this offseason to add Battier).

jammastershake
05-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Are the Heat the 4th best left in the East without Bosh?

blastmasta26
05-15-2012, 11:59 PM
How can anyone determine right now whether or not LeBron "gets a pass" for potentially not winning a title? When championships are team accomplishments, no one can blame or forgive LeBron until the Finals are done and we can evaluate the whole situation. Sure, LeBron has Wade, but the Thunder and Spurs have a combination of star power and great depth, which would make the Heat underdogs should they get to the Finals.

The point is, LeBron and other star players should get a pass if they perform at or beyond their typical production and they lose due to inferior team play or simply being over-matched by the opposition. If Bosh is out the rest of the post season, then the Heat may end up being over-matched, but the most important factor is the play of the individual of interest.

MagicBucsSox
05-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Why is it only about lebron? What about DWYANE WADE??? Like this guy has lived off winning one title 7 years ago. Let's add DWYANE wade hasn't ever made a team relevant on his on merit. Without shaq & bron on his team what's the difference between wade & melo, or Nash etc

Swashcuff
05-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Why is it only about lebron? What about DWYANE WADE??? Like this guy has lived off winning one title 7 years ago. Let's add DWYANE wade hasn't ever made a team relevant on his on merit. Without shaq & bron on his team what's the difference between wade & melo, or Nash etc

This (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01/gamelog/2009/#pgl_basic_playoffs)

Donuts365
05-16-2012, 12:15 AM
so lebron dont get the melo treatment because bosh hurt unbelievable

chi-townlove1
05-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Omg I can't even believe my eyes. Jesus Christ. One minute it's Lebron is MVP and can lead this team and beat anyone... The next it's he gets a pass if they lose. Wtf? Why.. There is no way in hell he gets a pass. He is the best player in the world. Took the cavs to championship without any other players. He has ****ing wade on his team!!!! This should be an easy road in the east.. Damn you heat fans are such hypocrites I can't even take it anymore.

Donuts365
05-16-2012, 12:17 AM
thats like saying knicks lost to heat because jr smith was 4 for 40 in the series

Donuts365
05-16-2012, 12:18 AM
omg i can't even believe my eyes. Jesus christ. One minute it's lebron is mvp and can lead this team and beat anyone... The next it's he gets a pass if they lose. Wtf? Why.. There is no way in hell he gets a pass. He is the best player in the world. Took the cavs to championship without any other players. He has ****ing wade on his team!!!! This should be an easy road in the east.. Damn you heat fans are such hypocrites i can't even take it anymore.

this!

Donuts365
05-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Lebron doesn't deserve a pass, BUT a lot of you are underestimating Chris Bosh

Check his stats, and that's with 2 of the top 3 players in NBA

If he went to the Bulls or Knicks, he would still be putting the same numbers as Toronto

all bosh do is hit consistant jumpers and rebound thats what they need but thats all he do he is no kevin garrnet for this team

Captain Moroni
05-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Heat are in for a rough series. Bosh out is going to kill their chances. Ouch

championships
05-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Bron still has Wade. so NO

Jarvo
05-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Nope they have Wade and Haslem is there

GiantsSwaGG
05-16-2012, 12:47 AM
He doesn't get pass....

blastmasta26
05-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Omg I can't even believe my eyes. Jesus Christ. One minute it's Lebron is MVP and can lead this team and beat anyone... The next it's he gets a pass if they lose. Wtf? Why.. There is no way in hell he gets a pass. He is the best player in the world. Took the cavs to championship without any other players. He has ****ing wade on his team!!!! This should be an easy road in the east.. Damn you heat fans are such hypocrites I can't even take it anymore.
First off, the question is whether he should get a pass if the Heat do not win a championship. Second, he took the Cavs to the Finals, not a championship. Again, the question is if he can win the title. Even having two top 5 players does not guarantee a championship, match ups and supporting casts play a huge part in post season success.

And what if LeBron plays out of his mind but Wade struggles and the Heat don't make it to the Finals? Would it be that egregious of a proposition then?

torocan
05-16-2012, 01:36 AM
I would give them a pass EXCEPT....

1) They lost the #3 scoring option, NOT the #1/2. If Wade was out, I'd be a bit more sympathetic.
2) Lebron BRAGGED about how many titles they were going to win.
3) With a HEALTHY team they lost to the Mavs last year.

So sorry, no passes this year.

Moral of the story, don't count your Chips, er chickens before they're hatched. ;)

NYMetropolitans
05-16-2012, 01:59 AM
No, they should already be insane with Wade/LeBron on the same team.

Back afta dis...

basketfan4life
05-16-2012, 02:23 AM

It's a team sport. Which is exactly why trying to evaluate individual players by championships is such a pathetic argument.

But in that game that star rebounds the ball more than the total of opponents c, pf and sf also he manages to score 10 points in the final 8 minutes where scoring is the most difficult thing in that game.

And which of his teammates scored efficiently, pardon? heck which of his opponents scored efficiently in that game ?

Do we know lbj's scenario for not winning this year?

SportsAndrew25
05-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Lebron is not getting a pass here. You have Wade with you and you have proven in the past you can take marginal talent to great heights.

metsbulls1025
05-16-2012, 04:39 AM
If they lose before the finals I blame Lebron and Wade. Even without Bosh those 2 should be able to carry them past any team left in the east.

superior
05-16-2012, 04:42 AM
LMAO! James and Wade are the 4th best tandem in NBA history behind Magic/Kareem... Jordan/Pippen and O'neal/Bryant.....and those three tandems have MULTIPLE championships.....NO EXCUSES!

thenaj17
05-16-2012, 05:30 AM
this basically sums it up.

Lakers also lost Ariza that year for playoffs. That's 2 quality starters. No free pass for LeBron OR Wade as he seems to have been missed out of this

Heater4life
05-16-2012, 07:02 AM
No free pass, if they fail, they're failures. Bosh or no Bosh.

BcEuAbRsS
05-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Refresh my memory, did Jordan and Pippen ever have a third superstar?

No excuses, 3 time MVP and finals MVP. Nuff said...

Swashcuff
05-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Refresh my memory, did Jordan and Pippen ever have a third superstar?

No excuses, 3 time MVP and finals MVP. Nuff said...

Except for the fact that Jordan >> LeBron and Pippen > Wade (especially when we're talking side kicks, two way players and facilitators). Also Rodman was a better player than Bosh in his Chicago days and those teams were way better built than these Heat and better coached. IMO there is really no comparison between this LeBron and this Heat team and Jordan and those Bulls teams.

todu82
05-16-2012, 09:19 AM
No he shouldn't. He's supposed to be the best player in the league. He should use Bosh's injury to push himself even more and become an even better player.

effen5
05-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Except for the fact that Jordan >> LeBron and Pippen > Wade (especially when we're talking side kicks, two way players and facilitators). Also Rodman was a better player than Bosh in his Chicago days and those teams were way better built than these Heat and better coached. IMO there is really no comparison between this LeBron and this Heat team and Jordan and those Bulls teams.

You can't really compare rodman and bosh two completely different players.

effen5
05-16-2012, 09:30 AM
I can't believe this is even a thread. Of course he doesn't get a pass

Swashcuff
05-16-2012, 09:33 AM
You can't really compare rodman and bosh two completely different players.

So because one player is a different type of player than another you can't say he's better?

Tell me this who is better Dwight or Dirk?

knicksfan42
05-16-2012, 09:34 AM
I would give them a pass EXCEPT....

1) They lost the #3 scoring option, NOT the #1/2. If Wade was out, I'd be a bit more sympathetic.
2) Lebron BRAGGED about how many titles they were going to win.
3) With a HEALTHY team they lost to the Mavs last year.

So sorry, no passes this year.

Moral of the story, don't count your Chips, er chickens before they're hatched. ;)

^ This

king4day
05-16-2012, 10:32 AM
The team was built to have 3 stars and a bunch of mediocre players supporting him. One of those stars go down, of course you're team will be worse.
I'd put a loss this year more on the team around him than Lebron himself.

Hustla23
05-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Lebron should have added a disclaimer when he bragged about winning seven championships.

"We're not winning 3 championships. Not 4, Not 5..."

.....*In a really low voice*

"....Of course, pending the overall health of the team. It would be preposterous to assume this proposition given an unfortunate injury of a teammate, namely, a Mr. Wade, or Mr. Bosh."

"...Not 6. Seven championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Captain Moroni
05-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Heat are in trouble......wht a turn of events

JordansBulls
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM

No Bosh was not. Bulls were 38-9 the 3 years without Rodman not to mention Rodman was 35-37 those 3 years and made 0 allstar teams.

Abel Ye
05-16-2012, 11:01 AM
huh? wasn't Lebron the one who said "Not One, Not two...etc" yeah its a shame the Chris Bosh went down and it really hurts their chances but nope no pass from me

Hawkeye15
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
are you kidding? LeBron haters look for anything, they will NEVER give him a pass, no matter the circumstances.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I have heard countless times on this website that injuries are not an excuse for losing. I dont see why this would be any different.

Abel Ye
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
I hope that wasn't directed at me, Im just going on from what he said when he formed the big three. I'm not even saying they aren't gonna win this year I was just stating that he doesn't deserve a pass. He is the best player in this league, I believe its his time to finally shine, for his competitive spirit to come out . I had the heat winning the title when the playoffs started.

NJrockPD
05-16-2012, 11:17 AM
They already got a pass when the Knicks had all of their injuries and D. Rose went down. They were already set up to win this year. They are running out of time to win their not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8, not . . . well you get it.

effen5
05-16-2012, 11:17 AM
So because one player is a different type of player than another you can't say he's better?

Tell me this who is better Dwight or Dirk?

The guy with the title and not the guy whose acting like a baby.

BALLER R
05-16-2012, 11:19 AM
I have heard countless times on this website that injuries are not an excuse for losing. I dont see why this would be any different.

This

Trueblue2
05-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Not a chance. There's a reason why we have a 4-5 record without Bosh.

Look at this game as an example: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320302026

Both Wade and Bosh brought their A game against the Jazz but loss by one point: L. James 35 Pts, 10 Reb, 6 Ast, 3 Blk
D. Wade 31 Pts, 6 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl

Next game vs the Lakers(L):http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320304013
L. James 25 Pts, 13 Reb, 7 Ast, 3 Stl, 2 Blk

You know 3 of those losses you had when you were without bosh you were also without lebron right?

benzni
05-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Not at all.