PDA

View Full Version : Stern's master plan in full effect

numba1CHANGsta
05-15-2012, 01:38 AM
We all know Stern is hugely supportive of wanting small market teams to do well in the NBA, that's why him and the owners created a new CBA and they vetoed trades so big market teams don't improve their team and win championships every year. So what does Stern do? allows a veto of CP3 to the Lakers but instead allows him to be traded to the Clippers. Clippers not so much of a big market team but playing in a big market city, so what does Stern do? try to make both teams play in a Game 7 in the first round tiring them out. But they survived the 1st round, what now? Oh don't worry Stern has an amazing idea let's have both the Lakers and Clippers play their home games back2back so it would make their team even more tired and guarantees at least one game for them to lose and end this series in 5 games so OKC can play SA, both small market teams :facepalm:

I seriously think this is something to think about, it's all too fishy, why the Lakers and Clippers play the back2back? why not the other teams?

Also, some fishy stuff went on during the Bulls/Sixers series as well, ask any Bulls fan, but it doesn't matter the Miami Floppers are going to the Finals no matter what :D

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 01:54 AM
are you seriously trying to make the case Stern is out to get big market teams or the Lakers spacifically?

really?

spurs4#5
Well first a new cba was created because the old one expired that's why there was a lock out...second David stern hates the spurs along with the rest of the media...third back to backs suck in the playoffs but if ur team is good enough they'll always find a way to win

bholly
Wait, not the league is favouring small market teams? Um, what? Can anyone ever just lose without blaming some rubbish?

The Lakers and Clippers scheduling is because they currently have three playoff teams sharing one building, one of which is a huge draw which they try to schedule for marquee times like Friday and Saturday nights.

LdotAdot
05-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Wrong.

It's not Stern's fault for....

Both series going 7 games.
The NHL having their playoffs as well
The LA Kings in the playoffs
and Lakers, Clippers, and Kings all playing in the same venue.

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 01:57 AM
Well first a new cba was created because the old one expired that's why there was a lock out...second David stern hates the spurs along with the rest of the media...third back to backs suck in the playoffs but if ur team is good enough they'll always find a way to win

stern hates the spurs so much that they won half of the championships between 1999-2009

wish stern hated my team that much

Chacarron
05-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Man, shut the **** up. The league is not out to get anyone.

naps
05-15-2012, 01:58 AM
I think so (https://whyweprotest.net/asset-proxy/a370b9c6eed732bef3930067753b2ef7474af03d/687474703a2f2f6d656469612e6769616e74626f6d622e636f 6d2f75706c6f6164732f322f32303138312f31373239383235 2d755f6d61645f62726f5f73757065722e6a706567/http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/20181/1729825-u_mad_bro_super.jpeg). You have a point (http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l651erJQzA1qcexbyo1_400.jpg).

hornetsfansydne
05-15-2012, 01:59 AM
We all know Stern is hugely supportive of wanting small market teams to do well in the NBA, that's why him and the owners created a new CBA and they vetoed trades so big market teams don't improve their team and win championships every year. So what does Stern do? allows a veto of CP3 to the Lakers but instead allows him to be traded to the Clippers. Clippers not so much of a big market team but playing in a big market city, so what does Stern do? try to make both teams play in a Game 7 in the first round tiring them out. But they survived the 1st round, what now? Oh don't worry Stern has an amazing idea let's have both the Lakers and Clippers play their home games back2back so it would make their team even more tired and guarantees at least one game for them to lose and end this series in 5 games so OKC can play SA, both small market teams :facepalm:

I seriously think this is something to think about, it's all too fishy, why the Lakers and Clippers play the back2back? why not the other teams?

Also, some fishy stuff went on during the Bulls/Sixers series as well, ask any Bulls fan, but it doesn't matter the Miami Floppers are going to the Finals no matter what :D

So you are saying Stern vetoed the Paul to LA trade because he didn't want him going to a big market?? He and the rest of the league were the owners of the Hornets at the time and had every right to veto the trade if they didn't think they were getting good value

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 02:01 AM
So you are saying Stern vetoed the Paul to LA trade because he didn't want him going to a big market?? He and the rest of the league were the owners of the Hornets at the time and had every right to veto the trade if they didn't think they were getting good value

i dont blame Lakers fans at all for being pissed about it. but from our standpoint that trade would of killed our future.

old players with bad contracts whats not to like lol

bholly
05-15-2012, 02:02 AM
Also, fwiw, when they confirmed a couple weeks ago that there'd likely be back to backs in the second round, the big thing people were saying on here was that if there was a back to back in one city it would be an unfair advantage for the home team. I'm not so sure of that, but arguing it's an unfair advantage for the road team is worse.

naps
05-15-2012, 02:07 AM
So game one's absolute beatdowns brings this thread out. There are 3 more complete beatdowns left....hmm. This place is gonna be flooded with this kinda excuse, mad, and conspiracy threads.

naps
05-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Also, fwiw, when they confirmed a couple weeks ago that there'd likely be back to backs in the second round, the big thing people were saying on here was that if there was a back to back in one city it would be an unfair advantage for the home team. I'm not so sure of that, but arguing it's an unfair advantage for the road team is worse.

It's same for both teams. No questions of having advantage for either team. But what can you expect after such a blowout loss besides excuses :laugh2:

C-Wick925
05-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Stern must really hate the pistons these past cpl years too... **** YOU OKC

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 02:21 AM
stern hates the spurs so much that they won half of the championships between 1999-2009

spurs won those titles not stern...dumbest basketball fan ever

bholly
05-15-2012, 02:27 AM
It's same for both teams. No questions of having advantage for either team. But what can you expect after such a blowout loss besides excuses :laugh2:

Honestly, I expect people to man up and take the loss. I do it. It's basketball. It happens for reasons other than it being rigged against you. If people can't accept that, then maybe this game isn't for them.

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 02:28 AM
spurs won those titles not stern...dumbest basketball fan ever

so your *****ing about how stern hates your team so much but they won multiple titles and are calling me dumb lol

ok... i know this might be a stretch for you but think about it for a second. if he hated the spurs so much couldnt he of had the refs call things differently to prevent you from winning? lets not even get into the spurs suns series because if you were honest with yourself you'd see that had stern not suspended those players you wouldnt have won that series. yea talking about hating the spurs.

nothing drives me crazier then stupid fans *****ing about an issue that doesnt exist. live in your dream world pal

sharqstealth
05-15-2012, 02:34 AM
i think you are just being a sore loser... Lakers lost tonight because OKC was just the better team.

bholly
05-15-2012, 02:46 AM
so your *****ing about how stern hates your team so much but they won multiple titles and are calling me dumb lol

ok... i know this might be a stretch for you but think about it for a second. if he hated the spurs so much couldnt he of had the refs call things differently to prevent you from winning? lets not even get into the spurs suns series because if you were honest with yourself you'd see that had stern not suspended those players you wouldnt have won that series. yea talking about hating the spurs.

nothing drives me crazier then stupid fans *****ing about an issue that doesnt exist. live in your dream world pal

Not everybody thinks NBA success is determined primarily by what Stern thinks of your team. (But I know that might be a stretch for you). Calling him dumb for not thinking that (and then calling fans stupid for '*****ing about an issue that doesn't exist') is pretty rich.

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 02:49 AM
when did i say everyone does?, just people like the OP and this Spurs guy.

whaaaa whaaa whaaa stern hates my team. thats about 40% of PSD NBA forum. people that think stern is out to get them are ridiculous

LakersMaster24
05-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Seriously dude? :laugh2:

Come on now...lets not start making stupid excuses for playing bad. OKC won, props to them.

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 02:59 AM

wow...you're ignorant....again stern hates the spurs because they don't play into what he tries to sell...hence why a team who has won multiple championships, has arguably the best power forward to play the game, one of the greatest baskeball coaches to coach, a team who has either been first or second in their division for around 25 years (excluding 1 year), a team the has won 50 games in 13 straight seasons, a team who players and coaches around the league openly say they are the model franchise, a team who has the best win % for the past decade in all of sports hardly gets any recognition from stern or the media. Now I know this may be a strech for u but think about it for a second...u have sand in ur vagina and u don't know anything about basketball except for conspiracy theories

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 03:02 AM
you think Stern has it in for your team and i'm the conspiracy theorist because i dont think stern has it in for ANY team.

does that make any sense to you? because if it does google conspiracy theorist because you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 03:02 AM
when did i say everyone does?, just people like the OP and this Spurs guy.

whaaaa whaaa whaaa stern hates my team. thats about 40% of PSD NBA forum. people that think stern is out to get them are ridiculous

I was just making the point the stern doesn't want a small market team to win...u started in on this tangent about how stern loves the spurs cuz they've won 4 titles

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 03:06 AM

is what u said moron...so apparently u don't know what conspiracy theories are because that's exactly what u gave an example of...and I never said stern had it in for the spurs i just said he doesn't like them...you'll never find me on here saying the games r fixed like some people....i.e. You

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 03:07 AM
I was just making the point the stern doesn't want a small market team to win...u started in on this tangent about how stern loves the spurs cuz they've won 4 titles

when you actually put it like that i somewhat agree with that statement.

but all petty ness aside if you draft well a team like yours and the Thunder can become contenders. my issue was im not sure how can say stern hates your team when they've had so much success

a_dub06
05-15-2012, 03:07 AM

Do you have any clue as to what your on about or are you just a bored conspiracy theorist?

The clippers play in a big market, that market being Los Angeles making them a big market team. Its a contradiction to say they're not a big market team but they play in a big market city. The only difference between the Clippers and Lakers is that the Clippers do not have the same rich history, they have possibly the NBA's worst owner in Donald Sterling and Kobe Bryant.

Probably time to put down that pipe Tyrone Biggums

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 03:08 AM
is what u said moron...so apparently u don't know what conspiracy theories are because that's exactly what u gave an example of...and I never said stern had it in for the spurs i just said he doesn't like them...you'll never find me on here saying the games r fixed like some people....i.e. You

i never said they were fixed and i dont believe that

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 03:10 AM
when you actually put it like that i somewhat agree with that statement.

but all petty ness aside if you draft well a team like yours and the Thunder can become contenders. my issue was im not sure how can say stern hates your team when they've had so much success

again never said he had it out for the spurs

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 03:11 AM
and i never said the nba fixed games...lol

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 03:11 AM
i never said they were fixed and i dont believe that

by saying the spurs won 4 titles because of David stern is saying u think games r fixed

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 03:14 AM
by saying the spurs won 4 titles because of David stern is saying u think games r fixed

no, what i'm saying was if David really hated the spurs they wouldnt be as succesfull as they are. if there was any evidence to prove he hated a team other then circumstancial i'd like to see it.

bbcmillionaire
05-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Now the real question is why is stern denying the shortened season is the reason why alot of stars got hurt? And now they are thinking about another condensed season, greedy bastards

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 03:19 AM
no, what i'm saying was if David really hated the spurs they wouldnt be as succesfull as they are. if there was any evidence to prove he hated a team other then circumstancial i'd like to see it.

the proof is that the spurs have been the best franchise in all of sports for the past decade and yet he still chooses to put mediocre teams on display like the knicks (not bashing the knicks) because they're a big market...his refusal put the best franchise in all of sports in the spot light is proof enough that he doesn't like them

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 03:23 AM

also by saying I wish stern hated my team that much implies that stern had something to do with the spurs winning their titles

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 03:28 AM
how have the spurs not been in the spotlight? i cant remember the last time they had missed the playoffs.

its not Sterns fault New York is the biggest media outlet in America. you cant control that. thats why the knicks get the attention they do is because they are the biggest market.

as a fan of a small market team it sucks but there isnt much anyone including stern can do about it lol

spurs4#5
05-15-2012, 03:41 AM
how have the spurs not been in the spotlight? i cant remember the last time they had missed the playoffs.

its not Sterns fault New York is the biggest media outlet in America. you cant control that. thats why the knicks get the attention they do is because they are the biggest market.

as a fan of a small market team it sucks but there isnt much anyone including stern can do about it lol

just because the spurs have made the playoffs all these years doesn't mean they're in the spotlight...examples of what I mean by spotlight...orlando...if Dwight Howard leaves do u think stern will continue to show a lot of magic games on national tv? When was the last time the clippers got all this hype? Chicago? Dallas, Boston, Miami....all these places have stars that stern pushes for the NBA...and then u come to the spurs a team again who has been the winningest team in all of sports and has the greatest power forward of all time gets little recognition...stern only cares about what sales...he could care less about anything else

JLynn943
05-15-2012, 04:08 AM
just because the spurs have made the playoffs all these years doesn't mean they're in the spotlight...examples of what I mean by spotlight...orlando...if Dwight Howard leaves do u think stern will continue to show a lot of magic games on national tv? When was the last time the clippers got all this hype? Chicago? Dallas, Boston, Miami....all these places have stars that stern pushes for the NBA...and then u come to the spurs a team again who has been the winningest team in all of sports and has the greatest power forward of all time gets little recognition...stern only cares about what sales...he could care less about anything else

I'm fairly certain that Stern does not determine the TV schedule. I'm sure he works with them, but TV networks only want to show what is marketable. They're in this to make money. However, the Spurs do not and have not had any player with mass appeal (note I am not saying talent) like a LeBron or Dwight, nor are they a big enough media market to compensate for the resulting lack of interest. Not until recently have they even played a style that is entertaining to the average fan. None of that is Stern's fault. He can't make them get more appealing players or a bigger market to draw upon. Nor can he make them a more exciting team to watch (like the Suns).

I honestly have no clue what you're *****ing about. The Spurs just aren't appealing to the average fan. If Stern actually hated them or whatever it is you're claiming, I'm sure he could have done a lot to prevent them from getting championships. Hell, look how the Kings got screwed out of a title in 2002. It's not that hard to do. Stern obviously has no issue with the Spurs. Just get over the fact that they aren't nearly as marketable as other teams and move on.

PhillyFaninLA
05-15-2012, 04:27 AM
Hey TC here is a tissue now go to your therapist and develop techniques on handling your sports team losing and learn to handle life and not cry and stress about simple things.

Get some accountability and stop blaming sources that having nothing to do with it. Your team lost pure and simple no excuses needed.

tcav701
05-15-2012, 06:38 AM
OK listen everyone,

The reason the WCSF games have back to backs is because their first round series' went 7 games.

It was known BEFORE the completion of the fist round that any team involved in a 7 game series, would have a back back in the second round to get back on schedule.

So for anyone complaining, all the Lakers/Clippers had to do to avoid a back to back, was close out an inferior team in six or less. But they didnt, boo hoo.

ne3xchamps
05-15-2012, 07:18 AM
What a ridiculous thread and accusations. :facepalm:

NYtilIdie
05-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Stern works for the illuminati!

LakersLockdwn
05-15-2012, 07:51 AM

so scola martin and odom werent better value than an injured Gordan a bum center and an unproven 2nd year player get outta here with that

Texact
05-15-2012, 07:57 AM
FIRST OF ALL....The spurs are the WORST team to make a case for. The spurs drafted ALL their players that lead to there success....so saying David Stern has helped them along the way is BS. Secondly The reason why the Chris Paul to LAL trade got vetoed wasn't because Stern didn't want CP3 to be a Laker, It happened because the rest of the small market team owners (Dan Gilbert) didn't want him to be a Laker. And to say he doesn't like the lakers OF ALL TEAMS.................U jus mad the lakers lost MAN UP

C_Mund
05-15-2012, 09:09 AM

I seem to think that most of the media is jocking the Spurs after how they played this year with so much intelligence and Pop winning COY and all that. I feel like they were more of the bad guys for squashing the Suns' chances of winning but other than that they're good guys

kdspurman
05-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Had the Clippers and Lakers won their series in 6 games or less they wouldn't have back to backs. You gotta be kidding me with some of the conspiracy theories on here

bholly
05-15-2012, 09:35 AM
so scola martin and odom werent better value than an injured Gordan a bum center and an unproven 2nd year player get outta here with that

Um, no, they weren't better value. For a rebuilding team the Clippers package was absolutely better.
And that's before even taking into account two major things that you conveniently skipped: that Gordon's injury came up after the trade (and after he passed a physical) and injured it in a pre-season game, and that they got a first round pick that was expected to end up very high on the board.

Package 1: 3 non-star vets (2x 32yos, 1x injury prone 29yo) at $29m+ this year and another $43m over the next few years, and a mid-tier mid-20s PG who together likely wouldn't even take them to the playoffs, and a non-lottery pick.
Package 2: An almost certain future All-Star and maybe top 5 SG on a rookie contract, another decent potential guy on a rookie contract, a former All-Star on a big expiring contract, a possible top pick in a loaded draft.

I can't believe there's even people still bothering to have a conversation about which package is better for a rebuilding team. It's just so obviously the Clippers one.

Chronz
05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Hes right, it Sterns fault CP3, Butler and Blake got injured

Chronz
05-15-2012, 11:21 AM

Get out of here with that? Have you not been paying attention to the NBA?

A bum center? You mean the former All-Star. If hes a bum what does that make Odom? Gordon alone makes it a better trade, at least theres some upside to him. Odom, Scola, Kevin all had decline years and wouldnt lead the team anywhere. The point of rebuilding is to REBUILD, not to settle for mediocrity.

Now OKC has 2 first round picks in a great draft (allegedly) and tons of cap space on top of the bird rights to superior players than the ones you listed.

GET OUTTA HERE

boolish
05-15-2012, 11:23 AM

perhaps the destruction of the LAL by the younger faster stronger better OKC thunder has put you into a tizzy and this comes out. In addition to that OKC have no gangsta thugs like LAL does. Therefore, so not only do OKC end up with their foot on the throat of LAL in 4 straight, they administer this punishment with style, class, and panache. So you see there is every reason to believe that the small market thunder will go on to demolish the large market Lakers not because of Stern, but because better teams beat down worse teams in each and every case. :facepalm:

Max.This
05-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Okc vs lakers was never a matchup to begin with . Okc is a Denver team with more stars. Lakers had a tough time with Denver so with 100 days rest it would be the same outcome. Noone told both teams to tank to 7 games. They both wanted to win every game respectively and they were close . Spurs and okc had easier series and closed out early

sep11ie
05-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow, threads have really gone down hill.

Gram
05-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Lol changsta.

topdog
05-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Knowledge Bombs:

-The Staples Center is home to both LA teams as well as a variety of entertainment functions. This creates various scheduling restrictions including a back-to-back for both teams. The Spurs and OKC have to play those games as well and the Spurs are old so moot point.

-The Chris Paul deal was nixed because Stern wanted to sell the team and felt it would be much easier to move a team of draft picks than overpriced contracts. I felt this should have been vetoed earlier before names got out, but it's a logical move gicen how Benson wants to totally rebrand the franchise.

topdog
05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Now the real question is why is stern denying the shortened season is the reason why alot of stars got hurt? And now they are thinking about another condensed season, greedy bastards

1. Until there is clear evidence, would you take the blame? Stern cited that there were a similar number of injuries only this year they seem to be star or emerging players.

2. Media outlets and players are talking about a condensed season. Stern is on record saying he'd look into it, but that that would mean less money for players because they would play fewer games. He doesn't seem to think it is viable for that reason.

HouRealCoach
05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah it makes perfect sense that the team that has managed to record the top 2 LOWEST rated Finals in NBA HISTORY would be one of the Final Four teams

Grizzlies & Nuggets just fought until the end

JeffG20
05-15-2012, 07:57 PM

hell no... Scola had crap year, Odom turned into a flopping ***** and martin is meh...

the only reason you think this was a good trade was because you were getting Paul. giving us Old crappy highly paid players was horseshit.

xfyre
05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
how do mods let stupid **** like this open? :facepalm:

this takes baiting to a new extreme

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I always though he supported big market teams lol