PDA

View Full Version : Which team will benefit most from the lottery??

KingsMadness44
05-14-2012, 01:14 AM
This is all based off of how the lottery goes down and where teams are officially placed. But as it stands right now, give me your best predictions based on where the teams would pick if everything stayed the same.

Once you've made your prediction on the draft, which team would have the best chance to make it into the playoffs next year.

or if you think we will be seeing the same teams in the lottery again next year?

1. Bobcats- Anthony Davis...will obviously help this team greatly and give them a very good defensive front court along with Biyomobo but still lack the offense to make a huge difference in W's and L's

2. Wizards- MKG...i think MKG will bring a lot of intensity on both offense and defense but i really think this team has to many holes for one player to make a huge difference

3. Cavaliers- Andre Drummond...he is this years boom or bust player according to pretty much every website i've looked at but with a solid PG(irving) i think those 2 could develop into a nice 1-2 punch

4. Hornets- Thomas Robinson...high motor hustler and plays the game with a lot of passion. Undersized but still plays with a lot of intensity and athleticism makes up for his size somewhat

5. Kings- Harrison Barnes....would secure not only a HUGE need for the team but would also bring an extra offensive weapon and above average defender. Good team first player and COULD be the missing piece to this very young but talented team

6. Trailblazers- Bradley Beal...knock down shooter who will help spread the floor and make things a bit easier for LA. If he can prove that he can create his own shot he could be the offensive spark Portland lost when B. Roy was lost to injury

7. Warriors- PJIII...perfect player for this team. Extremely athletic and fast with the ability to play with his back to the basket or face up.

8. Raptors- John Henson...a good defensive minded player would be very useful for this team and would bring a toughness that this teams seems to lack.

9. Pistons- Tyler Zeller...This will help the team out in 2 ways. 1 it will put Greg Monroe at the PF position and 2 it will give the pistons more size and add some depth to the team

10. Hornets- Kendall Marshall...you add a solid PF and the best pure point guard in the draft. with those 2 additions if they both pan out and EG comes back healthy that gives the hornets a good starting 5 as well as depth on the bench

11. Blazers- Terrance Jones...Great defender and decent on offense. Seems to have a great work ethic and will not be required to score to much. Good rebounder and again good defense and will make up for the loss of Gerald Wallace.

12. Bucks- Quincy Miller...Very raw and young but a lot of upside. I dont see the bucks taking guards with jennings and ellis at the 1 and 2 spots thats why i see them taking a risk on miller who i think could make an impact if used properly

13. Suns- Austin Rivers...if Nash leaves they are going to need a play maker and Austin Rivers is a play maker. Only question is will he be unselfish at the NBA level and be a more willing passer?

14. Rockets- Meyers Lenard...he wont need to come in and start right away and i think that will benefit him. He can learn from one of the greats in Marcus Camby and when his time comes he may surprise some folks

i really am hopeful that should the kings be able to get there hands on Barnes that they will finally have a winning season not playoffs but above .500 would be awesome

The hornets imo stand the best chance to make the playoffs though if they have a good draft. They weren't healthy this year and with 2 potential starters this team will get some great depth.

jmoney85
05-14-2012, 01:17 AM
nets.... a top 3 pick will potentially make or break this franchise for years to come

KingsMadness44
05-14-2012, 01:20 AM
idk if you noticed BUT the nets traded away there 1st round pick. And statically its not looking good for them securing a top 3 pick which is the only way they will be getting that pick.

Thats why i said as it stands now

dalton749
05-14-2012, 01:31 AM
john henson to raps lol.. no

Cal827
05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
LOL yeah, there's no way in hell we would let Marshall fall below our spot assuming he's still available and we don't move.

As for the question, I would think the Bobcats. That team has to worry about keeping their fans too. Davis gives them that franchise player that might help them forget about being the worst team ever.

iFYouSeekAmy
05-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Warriors? They have Curry, Thompson, Wright, Lee and Bogut. After the lottery, if they keep their pick, they'll add another piece of talent.

don't forget the Kings too. they are STACKED with talent. Even though it's been like that for the past few years, I think after this draft they'll do well next year.

Cal827
05-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Warriors? They have Curry, Thompson, Wright, Lee and Bogut. After the lottery, if they keep their pick, they'll add another piece of talent.

don't forget the Kings too. they are STACKED with talent. Even though it's been like that for the past few years, I think after this draft they'll do well next year.

Not a Kings fan, but I just am thinking of their team if they get #1

Thomas
Evans
SF
Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins

:drool: :drool:

5ass
05-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Not a Kings fan, but I just am thinking of their team if they get #1

Thomas
Evans
SF
Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins

:drool: :drool:

and they have a **** load of capspace

iam brett favre
05-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Tough to even predict until after the draft order is picked..

SpaceJamJordans
05-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Hornets. I think they have two picks. Hopefully they can draft Harrison Barnes

Gators123
05-14-2012, 03:09 AM
I think the Pistons will draft John Henson.

cdnsportsfan
05-14-2012, 03:16 AM
Not only a question of who gets picked where, but so many other questions as well. Who lands first overall? (not nearly a gimme on the Bobcats). Will the Nets get their pick at all? Will the Hornets trade their second pick at 10th as some experts have suggested? And that's before any moves to try and jump higher in the lottery.

Lots of questions remain and more importantly lots of talent in this draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see some movers and shakers.

Raph12
05-14-2012, 03:17 AM
It all depends on the lottery...

COOLbeans
05-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Bobcats. They can really use that number one pick.

Donuts365
05-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Nets no contest just moved to brooklyn ny irf they not atlease respectable they will be killed

Donuts365
05-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Unlike other teams were fans always have a scapgoat when they lose or a rising star with no help around him wizards kings warriors only teams need help is nets bobcats everybody else just trying to build around players not find them look at raptors wanting steve nash ex

elonepb
05-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Have to actually agree with people saying the Nets. If they can get a Top 3 pick, you'd have to assume Dwight Howard is almost assuredly locked up should he demand to be traded. If not, you have an immediate impact player heading into Brooklyn.