PDA

View Full Version : David Stern: "We Should Give Out Oscars Rather Then MVP'S""

MetroMan
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
HoopIdea HoopIdea
David Stern on flopping, part 3: "Itís not a legitimate play in my judgment. ... We should give out Oscars rather than MVP trophies."
6 minutes ago

HoopIdea HoopIdea
David Stern on flopping, part 2: "I think itís time to look at it in a more serious way, because itís only designed to fool the referee."
7 minutes ago

HoopIdea HoopIdea
David Stern on ABC, when asked about flopping: "I think itís a legitimate concern

Hawkeye15
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
thank you Stern. Do something about this ****.

5ass
05-13-2012, 05:15 PM
im curios to see how they handle it and if it will actually work

Slug3
05-13-2012, 05:16 PM

He said he brought it up but was run out the door. Lol

Raps18-19 Champ
05-13-2012, 05:17 PM
What a boss.

He said that he brought the issue up years ago but was pretty much overturned by others. And here people are saying he favours floppers. :rolleyes:

Slug3
05-13-2012, 05:18 PM

It's sometimes too hard to judge in real time. And we can't let them do video replay for everything. Maybe after the game they can review the tape and levay a fine and after so many some techs.

Ill21
05-13-2012, 05:22 PM
That would be amazing if they put in some rule against it. It has gone way to far

Cfrey
05-13-2012, 05:22 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens because quite honestly I don't know how this can be done effectively without adding more time to games or not knowing if it was actually a flop or not..

Some flops are obvious but there have been plenty of times when people have complained about a flop that wasn't a flop.. Who is going to judge this?

ManRam
05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't think he meant to take a shot at LeBron...although it certainly could have been interpreted like that.

Glad he's anti-flop. Get it done, Stern.

P Styles
05-13-2012, 05:24 PM
expecting some heat and clippers fans to come in here and take exception to this thread

nirvana235
05-13-2012, 05:27 PM
"fool the referee"

Maybe the referee should stop fooling us fans.

DR_1
05-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Wow something *might* actually happen...I hope. That would put guys like Wade, Paul, and Griffin in their places.

HoodedSB
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
After the game review the tape and issue techs/infractions/whatever you want to call it. Make it like 5 before a mandatory one game suspension (because some players could get 5 easily in a game or two), and I think we'd see some serious improvements. I don't think there is really a good way to do it in game.

Baller1
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
He won't do anything. Stern is a piece of ****.

jimm120
05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Its one thing to go and draw a charge. But damn, some hits are so soft and yet the player goes flying!

There's a reason Melo doesn't go to the foul line a lot. He gets hit and he just continues.

ManRam
05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
He won't do anything. Stern is a piece of ****.

I don't know. I actually am inclined to believe him here. It's not the first time he's been critical of floppers. I think the attention to flopping is becoming so huge that it's close to boiling over. He'll do something since that's the case.

PHX2daDEATH
05-13-2012, 05:35 PM
I thought he meant he was gonna rename the MVP trophy after the Big O

Raps18-19 Champ
05-13-2012, 05:37 PM
I thought he meant he was gonna rename the MVP trophy after the Big O

:laugh2:

John Walls Era
05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
He went to law school (no religion jokes). I don't hate or like him, but you can't doubt Stern's savviness in interviews. I don't know if they're going to do anything about flopping.

ManRam
05-13-2012, 05:43 PM
He went to law school (no religion jokes). I don't hate or like him, but you can't doubt Stern's savviness in interviews. I don't know if they're going to do anything about flopping.

It's in the best interest for the image of his sport, and can be a relatively easy fix. He'll do it, especially if fans and the media keep giving it all the attention they have.

John Walls Era
05-13-2012, 05:47 PM
It's in the best interest for the image of his sport, and can be a relatively easy fix. He'll do it, especially if fans and the media keep giving it all the attention they have.

Any ideas? Seems pretty hard to find a solution that will work a majority of the time. Players are too good at acting. They can't use JVG technical idea. That would affect the game too much and refs won't have the internal fortitude to call players out in late game situations.

sep11ie
05-13-2012, 05:49 PM
He brought it up, then Fisher fell on the ground.

Crackadalic
05-13-2012, 05:59 PM
The need to start getting tape on the last couple of years of games, start studying on players that flop and learn how to identify if its a flop or not because this year has been ridiculous by far

KingsPhillies
05-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Actions speak louder than words. Regardless of their position in the NBA, one man's opinion means very little in the grand scheme of things. The commissioner does not have absolute power. He's going to need support in order for anything to change(something he has not had in the past in regard to this topic). Furthermore, a lot of times, Stern is all talk...so let's wait and see if anything actually gets done.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-13-2012, 06:00 PM
I dont think flopping can really be taken out of the game because things happen too fast. However, if NBA Officials look after each game and give out techs for blatant flops then the risk of a one game suspension should limit the amount of the flops.

D-Leethal
05-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Any ideas? Seems pretty hard to find a solution that will work a majority of the time. Players are too good at acting. They can't use JVG technical idea. That would affect the game too much and refs won't have the internal fortitude to call players out in late game situations.

JVG also brought up sending tape the league after the game and fining the players if its deemed a flop. Up the fine for multiple offenses. If theres one thing these guys can't stand its handing $$$ to the league for fines.

PHX2daDEATH
05-13-2012, 06:09 PM
I'd be happy if Manu, Blake, CP3 and anybody from the Miami Heat got a lifetime ban...

willabeast77
05-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm a little surprised by this. I thought he adored LeBron.

Hustla23
05-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Hopefully it's not all talk and he actually does something about this.

AceMan
05-13-2012, 06:14 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

GottaLoveCubs
05-13-2012, 06:16 PM
I don't think there's much you can do in game except ask the refs to watch for this more.
But after the games, review tape and issue techs/fines/suspensions. That should definitely help clean this flopping up. It doesn't sound that hard. Just have to actually do something about it. Flopping is causing a lot of fans to lose interest I think.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2012, 06:27 PM
A step in the right direction! I dont think the issue can be completely solved, since it is really subjective. I think fines should be handed out for blatant flops when no contact is made

ManRam
05-13-2012, 06:31 PM

Well, fines. And telling refs to actually call a foul when someone flops. Encourage them to dole out technicals for flopping too.

You'll never eliminate it...but there are ZERO repurcussions for flopping right now, so it's a safe thing to do. I'd imagine people would be a bit more cautious if they are at risk of getting fined, or getting fouls/techs called on them.

Fine them after the fact. It's often REALLY hard to determine what's a flop and what isn't in real time and in the heat of the game, but if there's an obvious flop, have league people review games/complaints and dole out fines.

There's just no risk to flopping right now...and it's not hard to change that.

pd1dish
05-13-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't think he meant to take a shot at LeBron...although it certainly could have been interpreted like that.

i dont think Lebron is that bad of a flopper, tbh. hes just so big a powerful that he creates 100% of the contact and just pushes through it creating what looks like a foul on the defender. its a double edged sword for the defender. he either mans up and tries to disrupt the shot with contact maybe taking place (probably resulting in a foul), or he just moves and doesnt draw a foul, but Lebron gets a free layup. im seeing this more and more where the defender plays great, hard, physical defense but then they get a foul on some BS.

on the other hand, youve got guys like Wade and Griffin who fall on their *** with absolutely no contact.

blastmasta26
05-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Reviewing games after completion is probably the only way to determine flopping. Reputation should definitely play a part in this hypothetical evaluation.

smith&wesson
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM
good man!! save the game

The goods
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Me and stern actually agree on this.
Wonder what their going to do about it.

rhymeratic
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Flop = automatic ejection and 1 game suspension.
Remove the charge/blocking call.
Let em play.

king4day
05-13-2012, 06:50 PM
During the game there was a flop in the paint by Chalmers i believe. I think it was West who then scored and seeing Chalmers go down. Following the play they showed Stern and he had an odd look on his face. I want that as my sig.

effen5
05-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Bring back the Hand check too please

Supreme LA
05-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Flop = automatic ejection and 1 game suspension.
Remove the charge/blocking call.
Let em play.

What???

You can't get rid of the charge/block call lol.

SA5195
05-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Finally he said something about it.

Now let's see if he'll do anything about it.

Kevj77
05-13-2012, 07:35 PM
It is good Stern takes this seriously. I like the idea of reviewing tape after games and handing out fines and for repeat offenders suspensions. Hopefully the owners understand that this a bad thing for the league and let him do something. I've heard people compare the NBA to WWE it is time to do something.

Reversed86Curse
05-13-2012, 07:54 PM

Stern: 'Please don't flop- and if you continue to flop, I'll have to ask you to not flop again'

KnicksorBust
05-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree with whoever said it was too subjective to have the referees penalize during the game. However, if the rest of the playoffs is reffed like the Grizz/Clippers game 7 then we won't have to worry about flopping.

5ass
05-13-2012, 08:06 PM
to me the most reasonable solution is this:
1st flop warning.
2nd flop 2nd warning.
3rd flop 1 game suspension.

the flops have to be blatant though, and not questionable. Obviously those are to be determined after the game when the refs can review the game tape.

JC_
05-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Stern should hire better refs before doing anything imo

JC_
05-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Its one thing to go and draw a charge. But damn, some hits are so soft and yet the player goes flying!

There's a reason Melo doesn't go to the foul line a lot. He gets hit and he just continues.

Melo flopped a few times in the last series. The reason he doesn't go to the line as much as some others is most of the time he slowly makes his way into the paint instead of driving hard. If he drove hard to the basket he'd be virtually unstoppable like Lebron IMO.

jmartin80
05-13-2012, 08:37 PM
i dont think Lebron is that bad of a flopper, tbh. hes just so big a powerful that he creates 100% of the contact and just pushes through it creating what looks like a foul on the defender. its a double edged sword for the defender. he either mans up and tries to disrupt the shot with contact maybe taking place (probably resulting in a foul), or he just moves and doesnt draw a foul, but Lebron gets a free layup. im seeing this more and more where the defender plays great, hard, physical defense but then they get a foul on some BS.

on the other hand, youve got guys like Wade and Griffin who fall on their *** with absolutely no contact.

I have to disagree. I actually quit watching the Heat games because of all the flopping and complaining by both Lebron and Wade. They complain all game long and want a foul if someone looks at them wrong. Just my opinion. It has nothing to do with them being on the Heat either... It is just the combo of them is un-watchable to me. It is getting more and more common and more and more accepted in the NBA. I have some faith they might address this. It is ruining the entertainment of the game for me.

mzgrizz
05-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks Stern. Couldnt you have said this 2 weeks ago?

kntresistheheat
05-13-2012, 09:01 PM
The whole clippers team would be fined!

knickfan33
05-13-2012, 09:03 PM
FN FINALLY!!! NEVER SO SICK OF THE NBA AFTER WATCHING THE CALLS THE HEAT WERE GETTING IN THAT SERIES.

this is why the nba has fallen so far, no toughness... games are being determined by acting rather then skill.

ihow many times do we see a player hit the floor and grab his knee or his backlike hes in the worst pain of his life. then get up and run down the floor full speed...

even soccer caught on to flopping and penalize it , why has the nba not caught on yet....it should be a tech.

also if a player goes down and acts hurt, he should have to be checked by doctors before reentering the game... see how many players writhe around like a fish out of water if the nba made that happen...

cheetos185
05-13-2012, 09:03 PM
stern should hire refs from cleveland that should make lebron fouled out every game haha

GodsSon
05-13-2012, 09:24 PM
How do they plan on curbing the flopping? Give out fouls/techs to those who blatantly do it?

pd7631
05-13-2012, 09:28 PM
It's definitely tough for the refs to determine a flop or not in the moment, so I think flopping penalties should be determined after the game when they have a chance to look at replay of questionable calls that involve possible flops. If a player is determined to have flopped X number of times, then it's some sort of suspension.

knickfan33
05-13-2012, 09:28 PM
How do they plan on curbing the flopping? Give out fouls/techs to those who blatantly do it?

thats what it should be... and like i said before they should make guys who act hurt have to step out of game and be cleared to return...

pd7631
05-13-2012, 09:30 PM
to me the most reasonable solution is this:
1st flop warning.
2nd flop 2nd warning.
3rd flop 1 game suspension.

the flops have to be blatant though, and not questionable. Obviously those are to be determined after the game when the refs can review the game tape.

Should've read this before my post lol. Definitely agree with handling the situation this way.

3ballbomber
05-13-2012, 09:30 PM
it's the league/refs/stern that created this monster. Allowing this fine sport to turn into soccer style fake bullsh*t. it's been going on for a long time and only now Stern wants to address it?

Sactown
05-13-2012, 09:35 PM
I think they league should inspect any suspect plays and hand out techs, eventually leading to suspensions

IDunknown
05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I think each team should have a certain amount of times they can send a complaint for the league to review.If a player is caught,there should be fines up to a certain amount and then a one game suspension.

koberulesall
05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
if they figure out a fair way to look into this the heat are ****ED!

Gram
05-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Atta boy Stern. <3

Kevj77
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
How do they plan on curbing the flopping? Give out fouls/techs to those who blatantly do it?It should start with the refs. Stern should tell them to not call flops fouls. Really make this a point of emphasis in the offseason.

This won't go far enough so there should be a review system after games are over that penalizes blatant flops with fines and for repeat offenders suspensions. Eventually players will stop flopping if they don't call flops and they get fined or suspended. Right now there is no downside to flopping.

I wouldn't want them to review during games even if it cost my team a win because I like being able to watch a basketball game in 2 1/2 hours.

Htownballa1622
05-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Hopefully something gets done. Now we can get rid of Scola :p

btw i hope cp3, griffin, and pau get affected.

i'm tired of hearing pau scream and flop around.

Dade County
05-13-2012, 09:57 PM

smh.... some of you posters are crazy :laugh2:

raiderfaninTX
05-13-2012, 10:00 PM
man I think he is just playing to the audience, this just didnt start this year

IDunknown
05-13-2012, 10:01 PM

They would still be the most talented team.

NY007
05-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Then ****ing fix it Stern!

aussie
05-13-2012, 10:23 PM
New Rule: You flop, you get ejected!

heyman321
05-13-2012, 10:27 PM
New Rule: You flop, you get ejected!

Chris Paul can't be ejected 6 times from a single game.

YashBoone
05-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Lebron and wade gonna be pissed if they take floppin out of there arsenal.... Today I watched d west elbow (lightly) Lebron in the chest and he threw his arms back like a wild man, then grabbed his throat like he couldn't breath...

C'mon son.... You a freak a nature with your combination of size power and speed and you flailing around like a fish out of water?

LGhost
05-13-2012, 10:46 PM
It's impossible to get a grip on flops now...

Officiating is being brought up more than ever, the league better figure this crap out before they lose all respect.

The good ol' touch foul is the most ****ed up **** I have ever seen. You can hand check a guy all game but then out of nowhere, it becomes a problem and a foul is called.

Sometimes players like to look for the net, sometimes they like to look for the foul as a bail out, but when the players are looking for the flop, it is taking away from the game.

The refs need to ONLY CALL what they see and if they miss a call, then they miss it, if it can be reviewed by rules, then go review it, other wise, OH WELL. Just because a player snaps his head, you know the rest...

But then, the refs would seem (or are) cheating on a bet if they missed a call or all the calls seemed to go one way.

Maybe they need to add another baseline ref or something, maybe the training just all sucks.

The more refs the better,,, or not, then we might have to deal with calls on every possession and the sport becomes boring to watch.

Penalize a player whenever you are 100% sure he flopped unnecessarily, that would also cause numerous problems, unfairness or whatever...

Again, it is impossible to get a grip on officiating this sport, I can't even see how they can improve without making it worse.

YashBoone
05-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Like a lot of people are saying tho, he ain't gonna do ****..... He is just saying something cause a lot of people are seeing it and talking about it round the league this playoff season so he has to address it.

new york blue
05-13-2012, 10:52 PM
It's sometimes too hard to judge in real time. And we can't let them do video replay for everything. Maybe after the game they can review the tape and levay a fine and after so many some techs.

They can call flops in soccer, not sure why they cannot call it in the NBA. But they should definitely review after the games and hand out fines and suspensions.

YashBoone
05-13-2012, 10:52 PM
At this point it's so obvious that it's happening and certain players really use it to tshirt advantage.... My question is, why don't the refs know it's a flop? Why do they let themselves be tricked like that..... When a 260 pound man goes flying back, hands in the air, and the whole 9 , when the defender lightly taps his arm , then wtf....... That's what makes me think some off these refs do it knowingly

Canterbury
05-13-2012, 10:54 PM
If they do, I can't imagine it to be an in-game thing.

The ref ain't going to stop the game because he might think someone is flopping.

LongIslandIcedZ
05-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Lebron and wade gonna be pissed if they take floppin out of there arsenal.... Today I watched d west elbow (lightly) Lebron in the chest and he threw his arms back like a wild man, then grabbed his throat like he couldn't breath...

C'mon son.... You a freak a nature with your combination of size power and speed and you flailing around like a fish out of water?

That was hilarious.

I dont think flopping can really be penalized during the game unless the refs are going back and constantly reviewing them. The only thing I can think of that might be practical is that if refs review after the game and give techs to the guys that flopped. Players would reach 18 a lot faster and be forced to miss games. Seems somewhat practical.

D-Leethal
05-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Stern would definitely be giving his legacy some brownie points in the eyes of the new breed of fans before he retires. Smart move to make sure hes the one to get this straightened out. Older fans appreciate him for saving the NBA in the 80s and marketing the **** out of Bird/Magic/MJ and making it a 'stars league' that fans would attach to.....but the younger generations just look at him as a control freak douchebag who pussified the league and is trying to rig everything. This would improve his image with the younger fans before he peaces out.

lavell12
05-13-2012, 11:20 PM
so the solution is to have the same refs who fall for the flops to call techs for the floppers?

69centers
05-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Someone send Stern the clip of Josh Smith diving to the floor in the Celtics series. Most exaggerate flop I've ever seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyOHHRCu4Zg

JeffG20
05-13-2012, 11:29 PM
the only realistic way i can see them getting rid of this is review every game and hand out Fines accordingly. hand fines out day after the game and increase fines if need be. hand out suspensions to the worst floppers.

phantasyyy
05-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Someone send Stern the clip of Josh Smith diving to the floor in the Celtics series. Most exaggerate flop I've ever seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyOHHRCu4Zg

LMAO... dude look like he just dived into a pool

IDunknown
05-14-2012, 12:02 AM

Bass' reaction is funny.

AKAYaReal
05-14-2012, 12:05 AM
This surely isnt a over night fix and may take yrs to perfect (if they do anything at all).

Some say they should review after the game but the problem is a lot of the time, these are game changing calls.

I feel that when a defender flops, there either should be no call or a delay of game warning for the 1st team flop and treat it just like every delay of game.

If they want to go back and fine a player after every game, so be it.

I dont know if I am a fan of suspensions for flopping but I feel they should add a 4th ref that sits at either the scorers table or somewhere where they can review possible flops during the game (thoroughly) while the other 3 refs deal with the life action. They would only have to look at actual calls and hand out techs if need be or even take back points (just like how the do if a shot was called a 3 but then a point taken away after review).

There is no overnight fix. This all starts from the refs. I feel the refs do to much acting when making a simple charge or blocking call. They seem to want some of the spotlight themselves.

Raph12
05-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Techs should be given for flopping, then the league can review it and decide if it was deserved... Great work Stern, I'm impressed.

Kevj77
05-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Techs should be given for flopping, then the league can review it and decide if it was deserved... Great work Stern, I'm impressed.Techs are easily the best solution, but it has to go beyond just calling techs during the game. The NBA needs to review obvious flops and be able to issue techs after the game. I don't want every flop to be reviewed during the game and a lot of theses calls are difficult to make in game.

IversonIsKrazy
05-14-2012, 01:33 AM
I'd rather c a technical instead of fine. Fine will prlly be $10G, which is pocket money to these big timers, technical foul. Nd I love the "Possible shot at LeBron" LOL

FreakaNashur
05-14-2012, 02:03 AM

He wasn't. theres plenty players in the league that do this. HE WAS GOING AT ZARBON

Raps18-19 Champ
05-14-2012, 02:17 AM
We complain about refs judgement already about foul calls and technicals.

We want to give them MORE opportunities for possible horrible judgement calls when it comes to disciplining flopppers?

Bruno
05-14-2012, 02:35 AM
is this the best thing David Sterns ever said?

mballa22191
05-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Am I the only one who read the title and thought about Oscar Robinson. One of the most underrated all time greats ever

JJ_JKidd
05-14-2012, 03:34 AM
HoopIdea HoopIdea
David Stern on flopping, part 3: "Itís not a legitimate play in my judgment. ... We should give out Oscars rather than MVP trophies."
6 minutes ago

HoopIdea HoopIdea
David Stern on flopping, part 2: "I think itís time to look at it in a more serious way, because itís only designed to fool the referee."
7 minutes ago

HoopIdea HoopIdea
David Stern on ABC, when asked about flopping: "I think itís a legitimate concern

Who's the best actor then?

daleja424
05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
expecting some heat and clippers fans to come in here and take exception to this thread

why? Every team is loaded with floppers these days. LOADED. To think otherwise is really biased.

tcav701
05-14-2012, 11:08 AM
why? Every team is loaded with floppers these days. LOADED. To think otherwise is really biased.

Every team has their share of floppers, but when flopping is discussed, the Clippers and Heat are the first teams people think of.

I think there is a big difference between individual players flopping and having flopping be a team concept.

RealLiveBear
05-14-2012, 11:10 AM
I actually laughed out loud when he said that. So true

Toronto_Fan
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
"The Flop-scars" hosted by Jeff Van Gundy.
Now this is something I would watch.

thenaj17
05-14-2012, 12:00 PM
The problem trying to stop flopping is that refs miss far too many fouls when there is contact and the player doesn't flop. The players then get pissed that they didn't get the call and so exaggerate the contact the next time to try and make sure the call is given.

This leads to others trying to con the refs into believing there was a foul/contact because they use the premise that obviously if they flail their arms about, they must have been hit.

If there weren't so many missed calls from genuine fouls, the players wouldn't have to get the refs attention as much.

As some have said, the only way to discourage someone to flop is to check after the game and give out a tech and suspensions. This is still difficult to manage and draw a cut off point as to which ones are deliberate flops.

JesusWears24
05-14-2012, 12:24 PM
**** the Heat!

stensley
05-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Eliminate the charge and make it a defensive foul and there wouldnt be anymore floppimg

LA_Raiders
05-14-2012, 05:43 PM
And the Oscar goes to? LeBroom

Tymathee
05-14-2012, 06:26 PM
it's starting to seem that David Stern has absolutely no power, he's constantly overturned by the owners.

BULLSFAN0810
05-14-2012, 06:55 PM

how you stop flopping... Stop calling charges unless the person bangs hard into defender like Barkley did. And Barkley rammed. Stop bailing out players going to the hoop trying to draw contact and there was No real way for him to score, jumped off his feet
Without a real play, or team mate to pass to for a direct score... Its called bail out for a reason.

Sly Guy
05-14-2012, 09:01 PM
"fool the referee"

Maybe the referee should stop fooling us fans.

this.

dalton749
05-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Lol LeBron wouldn't win the oscar chris Paul would and it's not even close

EvanTurner
05-15-2012, 02:02 AM
glad my sixers and thunder dont flop

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 09:22 AM
I thought they got rid of the flopping.

69centers
05-15-2012, 09:31 AM
glad my sixers and thunder dont flop

Definitely looked like Iggy embellished that KG screen in the final seconds last night.

natelpete
05-15-2012, 09:42 AM

I think this is about the only way to do it.
It's too difficult to call in real time but hopefully getting fined, after the fact, would discourage players from flopping.

But in all honesty, I don't think it's that big of an issue.

john545455
05-15-2012, 09:43 AM
David Stern just hates the Hornets. They at least make playoffs even with an old linup

da ThRONe
05-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I've been in favor of adding an extra ref on the court.

The solution is simple tell the refs to let players play. To often refs call fouls based on the result of the play. If a guy misses the **** then they call a foul. If a guy flops then they call foul. If they don't see a foul based on the actual contact then no foul. If you reward flops players will continue to do so.

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 03:04 PM
David Stern just hates the Hornets. They at least make playoffs even with an old linup

:confused:

LakersIn5
05-15-2012, 03:09 PM
anti flopping wont solve anything. mia,okc,sas,chi would still be the top teams and cha,was,noh would still suck even without flopping.

knicks4life33
05-15-2012, 03:16 PM
when he said that comment was he saying he should give lebron a oscar instead of a mvp ???????

willabeast77
05-15-2012, 03:21 PM
when he said that comment was he saying he should give lebron a oscar instead of a mvp ???????

Yes, that's how I viewed the comment.

Punk
05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
This is what to expect next season. Book it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfvK1alDdUk

1st flop: Warning
2nd flop: Technical
3rd flop: Ejection

That's if It's one player who flops multiple times in a game. If It's a variety of players then I expect no calls or technicals.

IDunknown
05-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Definitely looked like Iggy embellished that KG screen in the final seconds last night.

That was definitely an illegal screen.The TNT guys weren't making any sense
either,they were saying it's a foul and a bad call.