spurs in 3.

:p

MikefromMars
05-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Spurs in 4.

Can we add a poll to this?

Longhornfan1234
05-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Mods help me out. Make a poll for me, please.

richiesaurus310
05-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Clips!!! But most will pick the spurs in an easy series, idk why though. The two benches in this series going at it will be fun to watch.

torocan
05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Spurs in 5. If Clippers were healthy, it would go 6.

However, Blake has knee issues and CP has hip issues.

Then remember that Vinny isn't half the coach that Pops is... it won't end well for Clipper fans.

The Spurs will run them down, tire them out, run roughshod over them when the Clippers run out of steam, while Pops out coaches him out of every time out.

Clippers are serious underdogs on this one.

RonE Coleman
05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Spurs in 4... 5 at the most

blastmasta26
05-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Spurs, but I don't think it will be as easy as some others think. I see it going 6 games.

sixer04fan
05-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Spurs in 5

Hellcrooner
If stern is happy enough with clippers getting into second round then SPURS.

If Stern wants their pretty boys and poster child to go further then CLippers will win.

Jint.
Spurs in 7

Lakers + Giants
05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Clippers in 6

Cfrey
05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I got the spurs but it would be interesting to see an LAC-LAL western conference finals

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Spur in 6 or 7.

RonE Coleman
05-13-2012, 04:21 PM
I got the spurs but it would be interesting to see an LAC-LAL western conference finals

Thats funny because it will be an OKC - San Antonio WCF

TRF929
05-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Spurs in another sweep

Cal827
05-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Spurs in 5

thekmp211
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
spurs in 6, cp3 will squeeze at least one win out but the spurs are too good, too healthy. can't call anyone on this clippers team soft anymore, though.

Cfrey
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Thats funny because it will be an OKC - San Antonio WCF

I never said I thought the Lakers were going to win either buddy....

Chronz
05-13-2012, 04:35 PM

If Stern wants their pretty boys and poster child to go further then CLippers will win.
Typical Crooner post, you should really stop posting pointless ****. Stern didnt help us at all in the last round and we somehow beat a better team. Your preemptive excuse is pitiful

Donuts365
05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
these teams are evenly matched should be a good one not surpried spurs getting overrated again but this series will go 6 or 7 mabe 5 not picking a winner til game 1 start

heyman321
05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Spurs in 4.

Chronz
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Clips in 3

Drewlius
05-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Spurs in 5

mzgrizz
05-13-2012, 04:48 PM

:nod:
But in all honesty , it was a better officiated game. A few calls killed our momentum but hell, this is basketball.

mzgrizz
05-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Oh Spurs in 5

Hunter48MVP
05-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Spurs in 5

TRF929
05-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Spurs win, but the surprising thing to see is a back to back in the series

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120513_schedule

John Walls Era
05-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Lets give some credit to VDN for once. Yeah hes probably the worst coach still in the playoffs, but playing Kmart over Griffin showed some balls which he lacked before. But good luck vs. the Spurs.

MrfadeawayJB
05-13-2012, 05:24 PM
I'd go spurs in 5. LAC got banged up some and expended some energy so i think spurs will get em in 5. Spurs are just on a different level. I think even if my grizz faced them (because i feel grizz match up better with the spurs then the clips) would take it to 6 max, but prob 5

Crackadalic
05-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Its really gonna come down to coaching. Spurs in 5

JayW_1023
05-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Spurs in six. This matchup is a lot more favorable than the Grizz. The Clips can't match our depth and balance. But Chris Paul is brilliant enough to will his team to two wins.

lakerboy
05-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Spurs in 7

michael811
05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Spurs win, but the surprising thing to see is a back to back in the series

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120513_schedule

there is a back to back in the lakers thunder series too probably scheduling conflicts with the kings,clippers,and lakers all still playing

michael811
05-13-2012, 07:03 PM
clippers in 6. Chris Paul can shut down Parker and the Spurs need him to make their offense go

JasonJohnHorn
05-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Spurs don't drop turnovers like a lot of other teams, they take care of the ball, so they won't be giving away a lot of fast-break points to the Clippers. And coupled with that they have a great defensive set that likely won't be allowing a lot of lobs and such (not that that is all the Clippers have). But lets face it, the Clippers are young and like to run, and the Spurs are well coach and can dictate the pace of a game, which is going to take the Clippers out of their style of play. I see this going to the Spurs in 5 or 6 games.

Il Mago50
05-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Spurs sweep.

Just wait until this series starts, Deandre Jordan will not get on the floor because they'll hack-a-Jordan him off the ball until he gets taken out of the game...especially with the Spurs being 12-13 deep, they'll always have a guy to foul him on the floor. Similarly, I expect them to do the same thing to both Reggie and Blake Griffin.

The Clips' achilles heel is free throw shooting from the post position and the Spurs will destroy them because of it.

raiderposting
05-13-2012, 07:36 PM
super unlikely but like KG said anything is possible, but i think it will be interesting to see Clippers vs Lakers in the west finals. I would also like to see one last Celtics vs Lakers finals with the Core players of both teams still there. That would be a great series.

kdspurman
05-13-2012, 07:41 PM
clippers in 6. Chris Paul can shut down Parker and the Spurs need him to make their offense go

:facepalm: Chris Paul has NEVER shut down Parker. They always go at it. At the very least, they cancel each other out and it comes down to other guys to step up.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=parketo01&p2=paulch01

Chronz
05-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Spurs sweep.

Just wait until this series starts, Deandre Jordan will not get on the floor because they'll hack-a-Jordan him off the ball until he gets taken out of the game...especially with the Spurs being 12-13 deep, they'll always have a guy to foul him on the floor. Similarly, I expect them to do the same thing to both Reggie and Blake Griffin.

The Clips' achilles heel is free throw shooting from the post position and the Spurs will destroy them because of it.
How does hacking win games?

Dade County
05-13-2012, 07:48 PM
I think the Spurs will take this...

And L.A fans must be so happy, congrats to them.

Jarvo
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Spurs in 5

Il Mago50
05-13-2012, 07:52 PM
How does hacking win games?

You obviously don't remember how the Suns were destroyed by them a few years back when Shaq was in the middle.

The Clippers rely on their athleticism and hustle from the post guys to make a lot of their offense go. Their second best player cannot consistently hit an outside jumper, is limited to one concrete move on offense and shoots free throws at a 50% clip. The rest of the big guys (Jordan - awful, Reggie - pretty bad, Martin - below average) also share that last inability which will cost them as you won't be able to keep them on the floor, especially now with the Spurs being arguably the best offense in the league.

Basically...cancel out Griffin, Jordan, and Reggie for the series...you're expecting a banged up Chris Paul and a few shooters to take out the best overall team in the league from top to bottom.

Not happening, which is why I desperately wanted the Griz to advance.

The only teams left that can beat the Spurs in a seven game series are the Thunder, Lakers and Heat.

Soonerule
05-13-2012, 07:53 PM
The Clippers may win a game, but I kinda doubt it..... no offense to Clipper fans, but the Spurs have the best half court offense in the playoffs and that is what usually separates the contenders from the pretenders. Yes, your reading me, I won't even be predicting my Thunder over them if they advance unless something radical happens to slow them down or the Thunder show me more consistency. I'm sorry but I'm predicting the Spurs in a sweep with 3 of the games decided by double digits. Don't waste your time beating me up if I'm wrong because if they pull this one off I will be WAY to busy celebrating :dance: .... sorry kdspurman

Jarvo
05-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Simple they have Pop !

Jarvo
05-13-2012, 08:00 PM

:facepalm::confused::speechless: Ok got it bro :laugh:

Chronz
05-13-2012, 08:01 PM
You obviously don't remember how the Suns were destroyed by them a few years back when Shaq was in the middle.
LOL they also lost to the Spurs every other year Shaq wasnt there. And when Shaq was on the court, thats actually when they kept up with the Spurs, Duncan went nuts whenever Shaq wasnt out there. So thats not really helping your point. In fact the Suns defense allowed 101.5PTSx48 with Shaq on the court and 116.4 without. The offense was also more efficient with Shaq but it was much less influential. His +16.8 Differential was one of the highest on the team, behind only Amare....... you were saying?

The Clippers rely on their athleticism and hustle from the post guys to make a lot of their offense go. Their second best player cannot consistently hit an outside jumper, is limited to one concrete move on offense and shoots free throws at a 50% clip. The rest of the big guys (Jordan - awful, Reggie - pretty bad, Martin - below average) also share that last inability which will cost them as you won't be able to keep them on the floor, especially now with the Spurs being arguably the best offense in the league.

Im not seeing how they wont be able to keep them on the floor. Its almost as if you dont know even a 50% shooter can score at a 1PT per possession clip. Its not as crippling as your pretending to know.

Basically...cancel out Griffin, Jordan, and Reggie for the series...you're expecting a banged up Chris Paul and a few shooters to take out the best overall team in the league from top to bottom.

Based on?.....

kdspurman
05-13-2012, 08:16 PM
The Clippers may win a game, but I kinda doubt it..... no offense to Clipper fans, but the Spurs have the best half court offense in the playoffs and that is what usually separates the contenders from the pretenders. Yes, your reading me, I won't even be predicting my Thunder over them if they advance unless something radical happens to slow them down or the Thunder show me more consistency. I'm sorry but I'm predicting the Spurs in a sweep with 3 of the games decided by double digits. Don't waste your time beating me up if I'm wrong because if they pull this one off I will be WAY to busy celebrating :dance: .... sorry kdspurman

:laugh2: no apologies needed, this is the playoffs. Although I think and OKC/SAs WCF would be a pleasure to watch. Limited-no hollywood drama, no fights or dumb quotes from either end. However, I don't think it will that easy this round. Clips showed a ton of heart and toughness to win today

michael811
05-13-2012, 08:20 PM
:facepalm::confused::speechless: Ok got it bro :laugh:

These aren't the spurs of yesteryear who relied on the inside game of Duncan. The Spurs defense isn't as good as it has been in years past and their offense relies on Tony Parker running and outside shooting. The clippers are more athletic and faster they take it at home in game 6.

Chronz
05-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Spurs should be favored, but as a fan Im glad we survived against the Grizz, and to be honest if I had to choose a first round matchup, we would have rather faced the Spurs than the Grizz. So to everyone saying the Grizz would have been a better matchup, I feel the same way for the Clips. Glad to not be playing Lakers yet.

kdspurman
05-13-2012, 08:45 PM
These aren't the spurs of yesteryear who relied on the inside game of Duncan. The Spurs defense isn't as good as it has been in years past and their offense relies on Tony Parker running and outside shooting. The clippers are more athletic and faster they take it at home in game 6.

Spurs were top 5 in points in the paint and Timmy is still putting up 15/9 in 28 minutes.

By the way, over the last 15 games they were 4th in defensive efficiency in the league. Their defense has improved and is clicking on all cylinders now.

It's not all about Parker. They have arguably the best offensive efficiency in the half court by running a ton of pick and rolls. you put Manu in and he produces just as well. No way do we rely on outside shooting, you're getting us confused with last years Spurs.

spurs21
05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Spurs ftw, hack a jordan,griffin,evans,martin anytime

PacersForLife
05-13-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm going for the Spurs here.

MonroeFAN
05-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Spurs in 4-5

Chronz
05-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Spurs ftw, hack a jordan,griffin,evans,martin anytime

Umm if the Spurs have to resort to intentionally hacking (if thats what your trying to say) then theres a good chance the Clippers were so dominant the Spurs had trouble stopping their offense and are willing to settle for us scoring at a possible 1PPP

kdspurman
05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Umm if the Spurs have to resort to intentionally hacking (if thats what your trying to say) then theres a good chance the Clippers were so dominant the Spurs had trouble stopping their offense and are willing to settle for us scoring at a possible 1PPP

Not true. Sometimes they do it just to better control the pace of the game, and do it while they're up so the opponent doesn't have a good offensive rhythm. It's the equivalent of calling a timeout if an opponent is on a run too. Kills momentum even tho it's a risk

VJ24
05-13-2012, 09:27 PM

Wow dude haha. You obviously haven't paid much attention to them this year.

They make 3's like crazy, parker and duncan's pick and roll is hard to defend, and others.

I'm a laker fan but i live in texas so i watch alot of spurs. They're way better than what people like you make them seem like.

Chronz
05-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Not true. Sometimes they do it just to better control the pace of the game, and do it while they're up so the opponent doesn't have a good offensive rhythm. It's the equivalent of calling a timeout if an opponent is on a run too. Kills momentum even tho it's a risk

Control the pace of the game, I suppose but what kind of control is it if all they are doing is allowing the Clips to set up their halfcourt defense and putting the Spurs closer to the penalty. Its a losing strat that does more harm than good. Trust me, Im HOPING they have to resort to hacking intentionally.

You have to be selective, only when the opponent is about to finish a high% play, thats the only time hacking is a winning strat, like when Shaq had the ball 2ft from the hoop. Even then it still helps the other team defensively.

kdspurman
05-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Control the pace of the game, I suppose but what kind of control is it if all they are doing is allowing the Clips to set up their halfcourt defense and putting the Spurs closer to the penalty. Its a losing strat that does more harm than good. Trust me, Im HOPING they have to resort to hacking intentionally.

You have to be selective, only when the opponent is about to finish a high% play, thats the only time hacking is a winning strat, like when Shaq had the ball 2ft from the hoop. Even then it still helps the other team defensively.

Na I agree. I just was implying they don't only do it when they're getting beat. Like if they're up they might do it to keep Paul from going nuts.

It worked well like with Phoenix cause they weren't a great defensive team. Clips have improved defensively, so it'll be tough. Pop will be selective with it i'm sure. I see him using it when they're down before anything.

Cracka2HI!
05-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm picking the Clippers but understand it would be a huge upset if they can win. Going with my heart on this one.

When you have Chris Paul a lot of the Clippers weaknesses might not be so glaring. The Spurs obviously have the experience edge but Paul can cancel a lot of that out himself. I can honestly see he and Bledsoe giving Parker fits. From there the Clippers are certainly the more talented team and may not struggle as much against the Spurs execution as the Spurs struggle against the Clippers athleticism. IF there is a chance for the Clippers that would be it.

Sssmush
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Clippers in 6 or 7

Sssmush
05-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Clippers bench is phenomenally deep... Popovich must've been crapping himself watching the fourth quarter of the game 7 against the Grizzlies.

On top of that, CP3 will completely outclass Tony Parker, who is the focal point of the Spurs offense. Griffin is very physical inside, which gives Duncan problems, and the Clippers tendency and ability to run and score bunches of points in transition works heavily against what the Spurs want to do.

raiderNlakerfan
05-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Spurs in 6

kdspurman
05-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Clippers bench is phenomenally deep... Popovich must've been crapping himself watching the fourth quarter of the game 7 against the Grizzlies.

On top of that, CP3 will completely outclass Tony Parker, who is the focal point of the Spurs offense. Griffin is very physical inside, which gives Duncan problems, and the Clippers tendency and ability to run and score bunches of points in transition works heavily against what the Spurs want to do.

Spurs have the deepest bench in the game-

Blake is physical?? :laugh2: and Tim is still one of the best post defenders in the league if/when Blake decides to develop a post game

Clippers won't get out and run a lot Spurs turn the ball over the 2nd best in the league

See an earlier post of mine. CP3 & TP always go at it. Numbers are very similar.

Oh and Pop crapping himself over that game? Cause of what VDN did? No disrespect to him, but you are out of your mind

TRF929
05-13-2012, 10:16 PM

Blake is physical?? :laugh2: and Tim is still one of the best post defenders in the league if/when Blake decides to develop a post game

Clippers won't get out and run a lot Spurs turn the ball over the 2nd best in the league

See an earlier post of mine. CP3 & TP always go at it. Numbers are very similar.

Oh and Pop crapping himself over that game? Cause of what VDN did? No disrespect to him, but you are out of your mind

+1 :clap:

Sssmush
05-13-2012, 10:27 PM

Ok, well, we all know the Spurs are awesome. Just don't be too surprised to see the Clippers take one of the first two games in San Antonio, and then it is a very, very tough series after that.

I'm picking the Clippers. It will be a fun series either way.

5ass
05-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Clippers need to run a back court of bledsoe and Paul when ginobili and parker are on the court.

justinnum1
05-13-2012, 11:03 PM
spurs in 6

msc43
05-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Spurs in 5.

meloman1592
05-13-2012, 11:33 PM
clippers in 12

UnWantedTheory
05-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Spurs in 6.

SpaceJamJordans
05-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Spurs in six. This matchup is a lot more favorable than the Grizz. The Clips can't match our depth and balance. But Chris Paul is brilliant enough to will his team to two wins.

it's like you're saying that all the clips have is chris paul. did you see what the bench did today?

CoffeeJanitor
05-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Poll should really be:

Pop vs VDN

TRF929
05-14-2012, 12:15 AM
it's like you're saying that all the clips have is chris paul. did you see what the bench did today?

ONE game, the bench does work, one game. I will gladly take the Spurs bench over the Clips, as well as the Spurs starters over Clips. The Spurs have shown consistency over the season whether its the starters or the bench. I can't see the Clips shutting down the Spurs on defense and will also take Spurs well improved def, since the all-star break, than Clips

J4KOP99
05-14-2012, 12:32 AM
I really think that there is a high chance that the Spurs sweep.

Nothing about this match up gives me the idea that the Clippers have a chance.

-Each of the clippers main advantages against most other teams are cancelled out with SA. I knew the Spurs would sweep Utah and I'm not trying to say Utah is as bad/good as LAC but this is just another match up where one team has a majority of the advantages.

San Antonio has the far superior coach, the deepest team in the league, playoff experience, a PG to match up with Paul, a reliable back-to-the-basket post player, a legit go-to scorer, 3 point shooter,speed, defense...

the only aspect where they may be lacking is with size. But do we really trust Deandre Jordan to have that big of a consistent impact?

-Don't get me wrong, the Clips have great talent but I still don't trust there half-court offense and Pop isn't dumb enough to let CP3 beat him on his own late in games.

Hopefully it is a better series than I am projecting though.

Chronz
05-14-2012, 12:53 AM
DJ will have a far greater impact in this series than the last.

topdog
05-14-2012, 01:06 AM
The Spurs will make LA run a halfcourt offense and they will have no chance in it.

Duncan may be old and broken down but he can still show Blake a thing or two about taking it to the bank!

Blair is a rich man's Reggie Evans.

Parker is simply going to make Jordan look silly with his floaters.

Paul can't match the late game heroics of Ginobli.

And most importantly, Pops will coach circles around Vinny D.

*These are my opinions. Do not freak out PSD. They are however based on watching a lot of basketball.

J4KOP99
05-14-2012, 01:12 AM
I do think we may see Duncan expose Griffin in this series. The dude may be old and on the wrong side of his career, but I think he's got enough left in the tank for one more run.

It should be a fun match up to focus in on...

maturity, experience, fundamentals vs. youth, incredible athleticism, raw talent

IversonIsKrazy
05-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Anyone who think Clips can make a run, just stop. Spurs in 5-6. Griffin and the pick-and-roll will be gone. And CP3 will not DOMINATE TP9, Parker will keep CP active and on his heels on defense which Conley couldn't. Spurs have the COMPLETE team, there winning it all this year.

RonE Coleman
05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Anyone who think Clips can make a run, just stop. Spurs in 5-6. Griffin and the pick-and-roll will be gone. And CP3 will not DOMINATE TP9, Parker will keep CP active and on his heels on defense which Conley couldn't. Spurs have the COMPLETE team, there winning it all this year.

I agree with everything you said in your post! But then I looked down and you had Drake on your top ten rappers right now so you automatically lost points in my book :facepalm:

JayW_1023
05-14-2012, 05:20 AM

Did you see what the Spurs bench did all season long?

rockbottom2010
05-14-2012, 05:55 AM
any word on chauncey whether he will return...hes a game changer

Heediot
05-14-2012, 06:42 AM
You have to account for match ups. The Clippers match up well against the Spurs. Before the first round last year everyone thought the Spurs would have an easy time with Memphis due to their INEXPERIENCE and the Spurs coaching and half court play. How did that end up? In my opinion people only look at the recent trend of play rather than be big pictured. The Spurs are a great team but by no means are they as good as people think and unbeatable. Like I said before the WEST IS WIDE OPEN. The Clippers play elite teams good.

Clippers in 6.

Heediot
05-14-2012, 06:45 AM

Eric Bledsoe will play a vital role in stopping TP along with Chris. Bledsoe is a beast defensively. Backup PG is the Spurs weakness so I think we have an edge at the 1.

Heediot
05-14-2012, 06:47 AM

All you hi-light reel watchers think the Clippers just run and gun? They only do this **** when they believe it's advantageous, most of the time the Clippers try to slow things down as Paul likes to take his time to decipher the D ROFL.

Heediot
05-14-2012, 06:49 AM
ONE game, the bench does work, one game. I will gladly take the Spurs bench over the Clips, as well as the Spurs starters over Clips. The Spurs have shown consistency over the season whether its the starters or the bench. I can't see the Clips shutting down the Spurs on defense and will also take Spurs well improved def, since the all-star break, than Clips

Match-ups prevail over consistency come playoff time. They were a consistent squad last year, look what happened when they played Memphis?

Heediot
05-14-2012, 06:51 AM
DJ will have a far greater impact in this series than the last.

Exactly. He gives the Spurs fits. He will have a better time because Duncan and Splitter are not as rugged and strong as the Memphis bigs.

LakersIn5
05-14-2012, 07:04 AM
clipps in 6

meloman1592
05-14-2012, 07:27 AM
i dont understand the logic of some people. Before the 1st round, there was so much talk about how memphis would beat SA in the 2nd round..now that its the clippers that advanced, they have no chance? Where's the sense in that?

kdspurman
05-14-2012, 08:16 AM
All you hi-light reel watchers think the Clippers just run and gun? They only do this **** when they believe it's advantageous, most of the time the Clippers try to slow things down as Paul likes to take his time to decipher the D ROFL.

your absolutely right. I'd take Clippers over Spurs in terms of executing efficiently in the half court any day. That's an easy one

Jumi
05-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Jordan is a scrub! If it was a time for a guy with his size and atheletism to come thru for his team, it was the Memphis series. The guy did nothing noteworthy. Now he's going to play much better? VDN would be wise to use Kenyon Martin, BG, and Reggie Evans!

I'm not saying the Clips aren't a very good team, they are. Any team that can come back from 27 down and take a game 7 on the road should be feared and respected. Once you have a certain level of "appropriate fear" you hit the floor and take care of business! Period!! The Clips have Chris Paul and we have Tony Parker. In a vaccum, Chris Paul is better, but for the Spurs, I'd take Tony Parker. What other position on the floor isn't neutral or an advantage for the Spurs??

Patman
05-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Match-ups prevail over consistency come playoff time. They were a consistent squad last year, look what happened when they played Memphis?

Can we please stop the myth? The Spurs limped into the playoffs with Manu's arm not working properly, and Duncan on one knee. They had a 4-8 record in the last 12 before the Playoffs. That was a Spurs team that just had nothing going into the playoffs.

This years Squad destroyed the League in the last 20+ Regular season Games with an offense that was so far ahead of the pack it's not even funny.

Look I'm not sure that this will be an easy series, but to look at last years Spurs squad and act like it's the same is just stupid.

Jumi
05-14-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm starting to believe that people on the internet have no clue about reality! They make things up to prove a point that they have without actually looking at the total situation. When we win this series, it's going to be more excuses and other bs!!

When the Patriots acquired Randy Moss I bet a friend $100 that they could go undefeated....Before the season started! They lost the Super Bowl, but I cashed in on that one! I had bragging rights for the entire NFL season! I hope many of these posters don't bet their hard earned cash in Vegas! They'd find out quickly that they are very WRONG on alot of their opinions!!!

RealLiveBear
05-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Spurs in 5..

Heediot
05-14-2012, 08:56 AM
your absolutely right. I'd take Clippers over Spurs in terms of executing efficiently in the half court any day. That's an easy one

I'm not claiming they are better in the half court. I am stating that people who form ignorant opinions don't have a clue about the clippers. All they see are hi-light reels of Dunks by Blake and they think we are run and gun. Get a clue before being so presumptuous.

Heediot
05-14-2012, 08:58 AM
The Clippers don't have a system. That may be a flaw, however they have a lot of heart on this team. It will be a good series and I honestly think it'll go either way. Of course I gotta pick the Clipps in what I see as a coin flip.

Heediot
05-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Jordan is a scrub! If it was a time for a guy with his size and atheletism to come thru for his team, it was the Memphis series. The guy did nothing noteworthy. Now he's going to play much better? VDN would be wise to use Kenyon Martin, BG, and Reggie Evans!

I'm not saying the Clips aren't a very good team, they are. Any team that can come back from 27 down and take a game 7 on the road should be feared and respected. Once you have a certain level of "appropriate fear" you hit the floor and take care of business! Period!! The Clips have Chris Paul and we have Tony Parker. In a vaccum, Chris Paul is better, but for the Spurs, I'd take Tony Parker. What other position on the floor isn't neutral or an advantage for the Spurs??

Jordan does better against big men like Duncan and Splitter. He has a tough time with guys that can push him around on the low block, exemplified in the Memphis series.

kdspurman
05-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm not claiming they are better in the half court. I am stating that people who form ignorant opinions don't have a clue about the clippers. All they see are hi-light reels of Dunks by Blake and they think we are run and gun. Get a clue before being so presumptuous.

Your right, maybe they aren't just a run a gun team which is obvious because of CP3. But I think you're fooling yourself if you really think they prefer to play like that or getting out and running tbh...

Heediot
05-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Can we please stop the myth? The Spurs limped into the playoffs with Manu's arm not working properly, and Duncan on one knee. They had a 4-8 record in the last 12 before the Playoffs. That was a Spurs team that just had nothing going into the playoffs.

This years Squad destroyed the League in the last 20+ Regular season Games with an offense that was so far ahead of the pack it's not even funny.

Look I'm not sure that this will be an easy series, but to look at last years Spurs squad and act like it's the same is just stupid.

My point is nothing is given and match-ups are big. I didn't say this years Spurs team sucked. If Paul didn't screw up the inbound pass we would have the season series at 2-1. It's not as clear cut Spurs as most of these people think. Lakers were favoured against Dallas last year, what happened there? It's not about comparing a certain team from different years, it's the dynamic that playoff match-ups are more vital than how good one was in the regular season.

Heediot
05-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Your right, maybe they aren't just a run a gun team which is obvious because of CP3. But I think you're fooling yourself if you really think they prefer to play like that or getting out and running tbh...

They pick their spots when to run and gun. Like I said they have no set way of playing. From my experience as a Clippers fan they slow thinks down more than run. Paul definitely would rather slow things down but he is not averse or against running. BG and DJ would rather run. Those are just the facts.

kdspurman
05-14-2012, 09:11 AM
They pick their spots when to run and gun. Like I said they have no set way of playing. From my experience as a Clippers fan they slow thinks down more than run. Paul definitely would rather slow things down but he is not averse or against running. BG and DJ would rather run. Those are just the facts.

Having a system/set way of playing is what will win you championships. Not necessarily free-styling it as you go... See last years finals.

Heediot
05-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Having a system/set way of playing is what will win you championships. Not necessarily free-styling it as you go... See last years finals.

Yeah, there's a lot of truth to that. I for one always praised Thibs and Pops for their system.

However, the Clippers style is inconsistent but it has good results exemplified by our play against the elite teams in the regular season.

I think the series is a coin-flip. I'll be the Homer and take the Clippers that's it.

kdspurman
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of truth to that. I for one always praised Thibs and Pops for their system.

However, the Clippers style is inconsistent but it has good results exemplified by our play against the elite teams in the regular season.

I think the series is a coin-flip. I'll be the Homer and take the Clippers that's it.

No harm there. That's what we're supposed to do as fans :)

Best of luck... Either way, it should be a great series

Heediot
05-14-2012, 09:35 AM
No harm there. That's what we're supposed to do as fans :)

Best of luck... Either way, it should be a great series

Thanks, you too.

Duncan is actually in my top 5 favorite players, and the Spurs are a classy organization so losing to y'all would not be the end of the world.

Patman
05-14-2012, 09:42 AM

I just think the Clippers often look a bit confused and unsure what to run and where to be on the floor, and on defense they seem to blow assignments pretty often (the series against Memphis was sometimes brutal).

But yeah let's just hope for an interesting Series and as a Homer I pick the Spurs. I don't give any predictions about how long it will go, in my opinion it will depend on what Clippers team shows up.

clearwall
05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
No way the Clippers pull this one out. Spurs are destroying everything in their path and an injured Griffin and Paul wont help matters. Too many weapons off the bench and Tony Parker is on fire. First two games to SA, Gm 3 to LA, Gm 4 to SA, Gm 5 to LA, Spurs close it out in LA gm 6.

Lab Rat Robby
05-14-2012, 01:40 PM
i think spurs in six. i think the clippers are good enough to get 2 wins. even with injury issues.

LAKERMANIA
05-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Spurs in 5.

Weezy
05-14-2012, 01:47 PM

I love Cp3, one of my favorite players but I can't stop laughing at your sig :laugh2:

Spurs in 5.

kdspurman
05-14-2012, 02:03 PM
I love Cp3, one of my favorite players but I can't stop laughing at your sig :laugh2:

Spurs in 5.

it's nothing new that he's doing. But that was definitely one of my favorites. My man did a whole 360 :laugh2:

~Iggy~
05-14-2012, 02:04 PM
My head says Spurs but I'll go with a surprise here, Clippers in 7.

RonE Coleman
05-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Spurs in 5.... and each game they win will be by 10+ points.... BOOM!!!

Weezy
05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
it's nothing new that he's doing. But that was definitely one of my favorites. My man did a whole 360 :laugh2:

Not only did he do a 360 but a nice roll right after too :laugh2:

Soonerule
05-14-2012, 02:19 PM

a 360?! Oh man, that is the total package, its a Flailing 360 with a Shoulder Roll OMG!

I give it a 9, even though it scored high on the difficulty scale, CP3's timing is a bit off and he just didn't sell the pained facial expression strongly enough, I didn't buy it, BUT I went ahead and gave it the 9 because Chris always has a great dismount:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4960696371774399&id=87966db553ebd00e5206e67ce78fc530

it's just a given

Weezy
05-14-2012, 02:27 PM
a 360?! Oh man, that is the total package, its a Flailing 360 with a Shoulder Roll OMG!

I give it a 9, even though it scored high on the difficulty scale, CP3's timing is a bit off and he just didn't sell the pained facial expression strongly enough, I didn't buy it, BUT I went ahead and gave it the 9 because Chris always has a great dismount:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4960696371774399&id=87966db553ebd00e5206e67ce78fc530

it's just a given

There's oh so much more....

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1106098/paulf.gif

:laugh:

kdspurman
05-14-2012, 02:42 PM

it's just a given

It certainly was impressive. 9 sounds about right

Soonerule
05-14-2012, 02:42 PM

I think I will have to come to CP3's defense on this one, this is no flop, this is natural reaction to Haywood's arm pit odor. See the natural reflex of Paul's head like someone that just got a dose of smelling salts, see him staggering after getting that full blast whiff. Further evidence, look at Griffin's reaction, holding his nose as he walks away in disgust. That arm pit didn't just have odor, it had O-DARE! It even seems to stagger the ref....

kdspurman
05-14-2012, 02:43 PM

:laugh2: after the game, it's easy to laugh at these. I don't want this to become a CP3 Flopathon thread now lol. But it certainly is funny as hell to see.

Weezy
05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I think I will have to come to CP3's defense on this one, this is no flop, this is natural reaction to Haywood's arm pit odor. See the natural reflex of Paul's head like someone that just got a dose of smelling salts, see him staggering after getting that full blast whiff. Further evidence, look at Griffin's reaction, holding his nose as he walks away in disgust. That arm pit didn't just have odor, it had O-DARE! It even seems to stagger the ref....

:laugh2: Hilarious.

JordansBulls
05-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Spurs simply because I don't think the Clippers can beat OKC or Miami.