PDA

View Full Version : Playoff schedule?

joshhorvath
05-13-2012, 11:51 AM
In the NBA, why do they insist on starting the 2nd round before the first round matchups haven't even finished yet. Today for example, you have the Griz and Clippers having their game 7, while the Heat Pacers begging their series. And no it's not because of the shortened season, they do this every year. Why can't the NBA be more like the NHL and schedule out the next round when the previous round actually ends?!

topdog
05-13-2012, 12:06 PM
There are a lot of games to play and for all we know the 2nd round could be 7 games for the Pacers-Heat and only 4 for the Celtics-Philly and they'd be caught back up.

I actually like it because there is a game on t.v. every night instead of waiting every other night for a pair of teams to finish up.

Rafer17
05-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Its more basketball...No complaining here...

Sadds The Gr8
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't think it makes sense either but I guess it's to get these games over with instead of stalling.

bootsy
05-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Stop whining. It's been this way forever and it's not like they start the 2nd round while a first round series is in Game 5 or 6. It's usually Game 7 of the first round series overlaps with Game 1 of a second round(conference semis) series. It is not a big deal. Like a poster said it's more basketball and they aren't taking a bunch of time off in an already long playoffs.

king4day
05-13-2012, 07:13 PM
It is silly but I don't mind. I'd rather know that games will be played as opposed to waiting a few days to get round two started.

Bruno
05-13-2012, 07:40 PM
back-to-back during the playoffs is a joke. whats the rush?!